IGNORED

2020 Election Results 12: Riots, Social Media Banning, And The Longest Election Cycle In History

GreyhoundFan

On 1/13/2021 at 7:05 AM, clueliss said:

We're "RUSHING" this seems to be the party line.  Cole said that.  Now Mace is saying that. 

Speaking of rushing... Bitch McConnell had no problem rushing to confirm Coney-Barrett while ignoring Covid relief for the people he represents. GOP needs to STFU.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 20

42 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Speaking of rushing... Bitch McConnell had no problem rushing to confirm Coney-Barrett while ignoring Covid relief for the people he represents. GOP needs to STFU.

Bitch McConnell?

That’s so perfect.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

Imagine that. Rushing to hold the person responsible for sending in a violent mob into the Capitol to kill elected officials including the Vice President. Thank God they weren't around when Pearl Harbor was attacked. They'd be saying declaring war on Japan the next day was rushing things. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 8

My latest unhinged rantings got published this morning.

The paper had to cut out me calling them out for calling the terrorists protesters but they did leave the line in about fuck face and his groupies needing to check the temperature in hell if they expected me to forgive them.

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Smee said:

Is this from today? Someone has been talking to his lawyers. “Unequivocally condemn the violence” sounds like an excuse for republican senators to not be one of the 17 needed. 
https://play.stuff.co.nz/details/_6222660131001?fbclid=IwAR3kYX5WIRlUCKbnew8THPedjie8p6IuuYZYA0fTHshQGaApDwxruT9dXPg

edited to add: I don’t know how to embed but it’s a video of Trump addressing the nation, headline says “after second impeachment” but he doesn’t actually mention the impeachment. Just “first amendment rights” confirming that he cares more about Twitter than Congress.

Is this the first time he used the phrase "my fellow Americans"?  I sure don't recall hearing of him using that phrase until now.  SMH

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

I notice that the press wasn't present and that he was reading a prepared speech from the teleprompter - which we all know he hates.  They didn't let him go off the cuff this time.  They made him sit down and read something someone else wrote.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 16

2 minutes ago, clueliss said:

I notice that the press wasn't present and that he was reading a prepared speech from the teleprompter - which we all know he hates.  They didn't let him go off the cuff this time.  They made him sit down and read something someone else wrote.

That was Ivanka’s doing. Bet. She is salivating for her own future in politics. 

Hopefully that future will be limited to the politics among her fellow inmates in federal prison. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 8

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

No wonder these cops out there beating people up. 

I wanted to give a shout out to Art Acevedo, who was chief of police here in Austin for quite awhile before he moved over to Houston a few years ago.  He referred the situation with this officer to the FBI STAT.   Acevedo's an amazing guy, brilliant leader, thoughtful kind and empathetic, calls out bullshit when he sees it, dealt well with problems as they arose. 

We had some extremely shitty police response in Austin during the summer BLM protests downtown, such as numerous instances of shooting non-violent protesters in the face with "non lethal" rounds, with one suffering a fractured skull and a woman being blinded in one eye.  I remember thinking that this crap would NEVER have gone down with Acevedo at the helm.  

• Upvote 16

I listened to his speech just now. As he spoke, I was wondering what his cult following and the Q-folk would make of his denouncing the riots. And then, I noticed something strange. He said:

"[...] Every American deserves to have their voice heard in a respectful and peaceful way. That is your First Amendment right. But I cannot emphasize that there must be no violence, no law-breaking, and no vandalism of any kind. [...]"

Now, it could be that he misspoke, and accidentally left out the word 'enough'. Then again, it's also entirely possible it was left out on purpose. But whatever the reason, the conspiracy theorists will seize on it as a semi-veiled message to be violent, to break the law and to vandalize."

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 8

7 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I listened to his speech just now. As he spoke, I was wondering what his cult following and the Q-folk would make of his denouncing the riots. And then, I noticed something strange. He said:

"[...] Every American deserves to have their voice heard in a respectful and peaceful way. That is your First Amendment right. But I cannot emphasize that there must be no violence, no law-breaking, and no vandalism of any kind. [...]"

Now, it could be that he misspoke, and accidentally left out the word 'enough'. Then again, it's also entirely possible it was left out on purpose. But whatever the reason, the conspiracy theorists will seize on it as a semi-veiled message to be violent, to break the law and to vandalize."

I agree some may seize on that, but I don't believe he's crafty enough to try and do that.   My money is on that he mispoke.

His comfort zone is extemporaneous diatribes, not delivering a prepared statement like an adult.  

Every word of that was CYA and attempted damage control for legal reasons.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 1

I missed some of this because I was on hold for a work call and was reading closed captioning, but CNN seemed to be saying that there's a bipartisan effort being made to award Officer Eugene Goodman with a medal. I hope they do- he more than deserves it. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 20
  • Thank You 4

12 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I don't believe he's crafty enough to try and do that.   My money is on that he mispoke.

I agree that he's not crafty enough. But whoever wrote that speech might be. 

However, although I'm not entirely discounting the possibility that it was deliberate, I have to admit that it's far more probable that he misspoke. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

39 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I noticed that, as well, and had the same thought.

But, if this was supposed to be a CYA statement, leaving out "enough" would defeat the purpose, because people who notice it, like us, would say he was inciting again.

It could be an omission because the statement was written in haste and/or by someone who doesn't even know the idiom (he's got to have people around him as stupid as he is, and the few that remain may be very nervous), just Donnie being a shitty reader, or Donnie (or the writer) thinking he was cleverly slipping in a message.

But, if it's the latter, it's a message that could stand as another bit of evidence against him. Ass uncovered.

Edited by thoughtful
adding something
  • Upvote 13

14 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I agree some may seize on that, but I don't believe he's crafty enough to try and do that.   My money is on that he mispoke.

Yeah I'm sure he just left out a word - dude seems barely literate as it is.

Still, we're talking about his followers who believe in lizard people, so you know they'll latch right on to that. Heck, I think a good many of them are at the point where Trump himself doesn't matter anymore. They turned on Pence on a dime, and I have no doubt they wouldn't have given a rat's ass which party a congressperson was from if they'd caught them - democrats and republicans alike would have been in those zip-tie handcuffs in a minute flat. 

Trump was their focus point, but it's government they're really against. Anybody who worked in politics before Trump's election is someone they dislike - they'll tolerate the ones licking Trump's boots, until they stop and then it's "hang Pence".

They don't want rules to apply to them. They want their way, and only their way. Trump gave them something to focus on, but he didn't create them. He just gave the disparate groups something to unite WITH, against what they see as a common enemy. He has to be careful, because they could turn on him just as quickly. He's everything they hate, they just are choosing not to see that at the moment. 

Hopefully as divisive and argumentative as they are, they'll fall back apart into smaller, less organized groups that are easier to monitor and keep track of once Trump is out of the spotlight. But they're dangerous, even so. 

Just now, Ticklish said:

I missed some of this because I was on hold for a work call and was reading closed captioning, but CNN seemed to be saying that there's a bipartisan effort being made to award Officer Eugene Goodman with a medal. I hope they do- he more than deserves it. 

I hope so too. He definitely deserves it, and deserves to be remembered in the history books. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

He needs to be charged with attempted murder and if  he has any kind of a pension, he should lose it. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 10

20 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Still, we're talking about his followers who believe in lizard people, so you know they'll latch right on to that.

This.  Even if it were a total accident there will some who will believe he was speaking in code.

I used to have a fish and I'd joke that it loved me because every time it saw me it blew me kisses.  Now, I knew the fish was just breathing and this just amused me....but there are people out there who would probably take orders from a fish if they thought it was communicating silent Trump directives.

(I should probably disclose that there are people on the internet that believe I am a lizard person.  Really.  I just thought in the interest of transparency I should let you know before I need to feed again.)

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 21
  • I Agree 1

Trump should thank Twitter because I guarantee that they saved him from himself by cutting off his ability to spew his thoughts out to the world. With no Twitter he doesn’t have a way to just say what he feels with no thought to the consequences. He doesn’t have the self control to keep himself from Tweeting his emotions of rage. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 15
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

I wanted to give a shout out to Art Acevedo, who was chief of police here in Austin for quite awhile before he moved over to Houston a few years ago.  He referred the situation with this officer to the FBI STAT.   Acevedo's an amazing guy, brilliant leader, thoughtful kind and empathetic, calls out bullshit when he sees it, dealt well with problems as they arose. 

We had some extremely shitty police response in Austin during the summer BLM protests downtown, such as numerous instances of shooting non-violent protesters in the face with "non lethal" rounds, with one suffering a fractured skull and a woman being blinded in one eye.  I remember thinking that this crap would NEVER have gone down with Acevedo at the helm.  

Quick thread drift:

@Howl  Austin, specifically The Continental Club is on my bucket list. James McMurtry has a standard gig there.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

This.  Even if it were a total accident there will some who will believe he was speaking in code.

I used to have a fish and I'd joke that it loved me because every time it saw me it blew me kisses.  Now, I knew the fish was just breathing and this just amused me....but there are people out there who would probably take orders from a fish if they thought it was communicating silent Trump directives.

(I should probably disclose that there are people on the internet that believe I am a lizard person.  Really.  I just thought in the interest of transparency I should let you know before I need to feed again.)

This reminds me that, if anyone is in need of humor, you can go read Jenny Lawson (aka "The Bloggess").  She's got a weird sense of humor that I really love.  Recently, she found a lizard outside in need of assistance and mentioned on her blog that now she might be considered one of the lizard people.

I have no doubt that there are Q people who are sure Donny is speaking in code or are interpreting his blinks as having some sort of message.  There are people who I know who still think he's about to declare martial law any minute now.  So far, none of them have turned on him for his recent videos.  They all think he's being forced to say things he doesn't believe.  In that, they're correct.

• Upvote 14

1 hour ago, Ticklish said:

Is he the one that got the mob to chase him in order to get them away from the Senate chamber where the door was open?

43 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Trump should thank Twitter because I guarantee that they saved him from himself by cutting off his ability to spew his thoughts out to the world. With no Twitter he doesn’t have a way to just say what he feels with no thought to the consequences. He doesn’t have the self control to keep himself from Tweeting his emotions of rage. 

If only they had cut it sooner. . . A few years sooner. Even a few months sooner and the hostile takeover attempt might have never happened.

Edited by AprilCameron
  • Upvote 12

"Name is Kevin Seefriend.  Son Hunter also arrested."

Finally, a son named Hunter who has actually done something wrong! 

53 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 20

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic