IGNORED

2020 Election Results 12: Riots, Social Media Banning, And The Longest Election Cycle In History

GreyhoundFan

1 minute ago, closetcagebaby said:

I’m NERVOUS. How does everyone think this is going to go?

I am a pessimist and have a bad feeling. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

27 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

Some dispatches from the DMV area! 

My workplace is closing for the inauguration. We’re nowhere near downtown but don’t want to encourage people to be on the metro or traveling that day. My plan is to not leave the house and be a safe spot if my friends who live downtown need to escape. My friends who live near the capitol area have an evacuation plan. It’s weird and scary. 

Airbnb has cancelled all reservations for the week BUT VRBO.com has a ton of them still listed and hotels are still open (for now) so I’m afraid it’s not going to do a ton of good. Unfortunately I think a lot of people renting out their spaces are putting money over the safety of us all. 

This is unfortunately a fake tweet but also very believable. ?

My daughter was supposed to have a doctor’s appointment down by Children’s hospital so right off North Capitol street.  
The assistant rescheduled for us. She said we shouldn’t come down on the 20th

• Upvote 7
  • Love 12

2 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.1f9076d8cb80e0658312d74c31e3aec6.png

I find this unbelievably sad. This is what trump has brought our country to. A HS classmate of mine had posted something on FB showing all our past presidents together saying "Trump should show such humility and respect for his office and the people of this country. After all we are his boss.". One of her friends of 40 +  years went in a tirade against her, calling her names and get this calling her and the Democrats Nazis AND Communists! She ended by unfriending her. I didn't realize those two were the same. Shows what an uneducated moron she is. 

• Upvote 18
  • Thank You 1

In the House?  They will go forth with Impeachment.

In the Senate - there's a LOT of questions including McConnell sitting on this until after next Wednesday.

• Upvote 17

I know very little of military protocol and understand that they are trained to undergo some intense living conditions but...we can't even set up some cots for them in the capitol? They're here to defend our democracy and they all have to sleep on the floor? This is the best we can do? 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 5

1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

I find this unbelievably sad. This is what trump has brought our country to. A HS classmate of mine had posted something on FB showing all our past presidents together saying "Trump should show such humility and respect for his office and the people of this country. After all we are his boss.". One of her friends of 40 +  years went in a tirade against her, calling her names and get this calling her and the Democrats Nazis AND Communists! She ended by unfriending her. I didn't realize those two were the same. Shows what an uneducated moron she is. 

I just got a long text string from an old friend who wondered if I'd heard that Obama asked to use the Italian satellite system to steal the vote for Biden.  She was dead serious.  I gently explained that Trump was a liar and a crook and that her Republican party would be better off without him.  I also told her that the Q stuff was wrong and possibly made up by Russian operatives.  

It is going to take so long to get the brainwashed on the right track...

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 12
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, Xan said:

I just got a long text string from an old friend who wondered if I'd heard that Obama asked to use the Italian satellite system to steal the vote for Biden.  She was dead serious.  I gently explained that Trump was a liar and a crook and that her Republican party would be better off without him.  I also told her that the Q stuff was wrong and possibly made up by Russian operatives.  

It is going to take so long to get the brainwashed on the right track...

A lot of deprogramming but I think some of these people will never change. 

• Sad 2
  • I Agree 17

4 minutes ago, Ticklish said:

I know very little of military protocol and understand that they are trained to undergo some intense living conditions but...we can't even set up some cots for them in the capitol? They're here to defend our democracy and they all have to sleep on the floor? This is the best we can do? 

That might have been a case of, when you have the time to sleep - you sleep. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Ticklish said:

It’s probably a logistics issue. And IMO they’re not much more comfortable than sleeping on the floor. Also, it’s just one more thing they have to lug around. 

• Upvote 11

15 minutes ago, clueliss said:

In the House?  They will go forth with Impeachment.

In the Senate - there's a LOT of questions including McConnell sitting on this until after next Wednesday.

It doesn't matter if McConnell sits on it till just before or even after the inauguration. They can impeach anyway. Not to remove him, but to ban him from ever holding public office, and possibly other repercussions too. 

Plus, and this is just as important: Impeaching Trump will set a necessary precedent. Even if you hold the highest office in the country, you will still be held accountable for your actions. And inciting a mob to violently overthrow Congress needs to be held to account. That message is very, very important now. 

Edited by fraurosena
added a thought
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 11
  • Thank You 1

8 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

That is the one I saw on the news! She did say they didn't do anything but then said they broke down a door. Ugh! 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Howl said:

She very likely brought her Glock in, in her purse is my guess. 

Here's the thing: SHE TWEETED SHE WOULD DO IT, before she was sworn in, IIRC.  She needs to be shut down, STAT and required to do what everyone else is doing.  This woman is dangerous in so many ways.  

Everyone else may not have been doing it. Several people refused to go through the security protocols. Someone posted about it in the House thread.

And, I listened to some of the debate before the 25th Amendment vote live. If I remember correctly, Gaetz, Jordan and Steube included bitching about their 2nd Amendment rights being violated as part of their objection speeches.

Steube was indignant that they should be expected not to carry weapons, because of what happened last week. I guess he's one of those "a good guy with a gun" shitheads.

:headdesk:

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 7
  • Thank You 1

Can I get a link to the house and senate threads.  I think I've put them on ignore in the past and need help finding them.

For God's sake Ken Buck  - we aren't discussing RUSSIA here.

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Can I get a link to the house and senate threads.  I think I've put them on ignore in the past and need help finding them.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I'm surprised that McCarthy just said there's no evidence of Antifa being behind the attack and conservatives need to stop saying it. 

Ope, now he's back to the party line. I almost gained an ounce of respect for you there, Kevin. Thanks for reminding me who you are. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

Nailed it. 

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 2

On 1/12/2021 at 6:02 AM, smittykins said:

Stephen Colbert and Seth Meyers both brought it last night.

Prior to all this Seth Meyers was someone I found mildly-moderately amusing.  Through this whole thing I've come to absolutely love him.  He's said what I was thinking so many times he's now my spirit talk show host.

2 minutes ago, Ticklish said:

I'm surprised that McCarthy just said there's no evidence of Antifa being behind the attack and conservatives need to stop saying it. 

Ope, now he's back to the party line. I almost gained an ounce of respect for you there, Kevin. Thanks for reminding me who you are. 

Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist (right before I say something that will make me sound like a conspiracy theorist) but I think guys like this, Lindsay Graham, etc. occasionally forget to be afraid and speak the truth, then they sober up and are reminded of whatever blackmail cards Trump holds and they fall back in line.

I cannot see any other reason besides blackmail for the actions of many of Trump's enablers.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 8

I rarely watch Congress, does Boebert always start her rants with „glory to god“ and then sound like she ingested a fuckton of energy drinks and metamphetamine?

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

From what I understand, part of what soldiers learn in basic training is to sleep anywhere, since cots are one less thing to carry, and get in the way of being ready to fight. That's probably why there were no cots for the National Guard.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

Six?!  Six Republicans so far. 

Boebert can kiss my ass and stop glorifying God if she's going to defy law and cart a gun around where it doesn't belong.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 10

7 minutes ago, Shrubbery said:

I rarely watch Congress, does Boebert always start her rants with „glory to god“ and then sound like she ingested a fuckton of energy drinks and metamphetamine?

She's new, so that may have been her first time up.

Are you saying she went to the Kimberly Guilfoyle school of public speaking?

I guess she "goes ballistic" both literally and figuratively.

• Upvote 14

1 minute ago, thoughtful said:

She's new, so that may have been her first time up.

Are you saying she went to the Kimberly Guilfoyle school of public speaking?

I guess she "goes ballistic" both literally and figuratively.

I usually read what these people say, I don’t watch them, so I can’t really say ... she was super screechy and sounded like a woman wanting to speak to a manager about this impeachment, and I quote, „bullcrap.“

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic