IGNORED

2020 Election Results 12: Riots, Social Media Banning, And The Longest Election Cycle In History

GreyhoundFan

Hey Donnie Dumbfuck, I guess all those lessons about not pissing off Rep. Lieu didn't stick.

Still taking refuge in a Capitol Hill office after violent Trump supporters besieged the House and Senate floors, Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Torrance) fired off a text message to every Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee.

The committee “should start drafting articles of impeachment now, regardless of what leadership says,” he wrote in the 3:09 p.m. message. “We have seen the consequences of being weak against Trump and not holding him accountable these last couple months. If we don’t do anything besides send strongly worded press releases, then we are complicit in battering lady justice and our Constitution.”

The text message was the start of a blazingly fast impeachment of President Trump, set to culminate Wednesday with a vote that will make him the first U.S. president impeached two times.

Lieu didn’t need to worry about leadership opposing his effort. He said in an interview. “I was just super pissed off.”

I'm glad the centrists and the leadership saw it his way too.

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, closetcagebaby said:

It makes me wonder about other countries who have been through similar stuff - like is this how it feels? Just normal until it’s not anymore?

Some years ago I was in Guatemala doing a Spanish immersion course. The second day of class there was a commotion outside and we saw hundreds of protesters in the street below. My teacher grabbed me and said we had to go down there and fit me to bring my phone to take pictures. Then she told me excitedly that during the previous week’s demonstrations the army had fired into the crowd 137 times but they only hit 4 people. So yeah, there are different kinds of normal. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 9

9 hours ago, Howl said:

Well, that's the question of the day, isn't it. We are so deep into WTAF territory, I don't even know what to say. 

She very likely brought her Glock in, in her purse is my guess. 

Here's the thing: SHE TWEETED SHE WOULD DO IT, before she was sworn in, IIRC.  She needs to be shut down, STAT and required to do what everyone else is doing.  This woman is dangerous in so many ways.  

She has a history of misdemeanor cases with law enforcement, where she didn't bother to show up for court, which should tell you how she views law and order.   I just realized today that she might well be a narcissistic Trump mini-me.   

Saw on the news that Princess Glock was NOT allowed in the Capitol because she refused to allow a search of her bag which is what set off the metal detector. 

7 hours ago, Xan said:

I just got a long text string from an old friend who wondered if I'd heard that Obama asked to use the Italian satellite system to steal the vote for Biden.  She was dead serious.  I gently explained that Trump was a liar and a crook and that her Republican party would be better off without him.  I also told her that the Q stuff was wrong and possibly made up by Russian operatives.  

It is going to take so long to get the brainwashed on the right track...

You have the patience of a saint. My time is too valuable for those who won’t change their mind in regard to crazy conspiracies. Nothing I say will change them. Not really my job to change them, either. They’re free to believe all the crazy shit. Bless their little hearts.

Edited by AprilCameron
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 5

I don’t know why this is the thing satisfying me right now, but the Wikipedia page for “impeachment of Donald Trump” has been updated and now looks like this:

3AA8FDEB-5CC5-4B33-9B40-0F77462CAAE9.png

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 12

25 minutes ago, Smee said:

I don’t know why this is the thing satisfying me right now, but the Wikipedia page for “impeachment of Donald Trump” has been updated and now looks like this:

3AA8FDEB-5CC5-4B33-9B40-0F77462CAAE9.png

Ooooh, pretty!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

The Delaware GOP leader doesn't think Trump's at fault.  (Jane Brady was once Attorney General of Delaware and ignored complaints about Dr. Earl Bradley.  Dr. Bradley was a pediatrician in Lewes.  He molested a lot of children including infants and filmed it.)  Anyway here's the link about the DE GOP from the News Journal.  

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/politics/joe-biden/2021/01/13/delaware-gop-defend-trump-insurrection-capitol/6642427002/

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

13 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Yes, there is going to be a Warren/9-11 type commission to sort this all out. 

Hopefully with less cover up and an index in the final report.

11 hours ago, AprilCameron said:

Woah! You’re kidding?!? Why was Boebert even allowed in the building if she didn’t go through security procedure?

Better question, was she trying to conceal additional weapons and explosives? Is that why she refused?

WTAF!

Her freedom!! Seriously, she now works in a federal building. I don't care what permits she holds, the only people carrying weapons in those buildings should be law enforcement officials on active duty. And in the rest of society too.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Normally I’d put this in the weird ads forum, this isn’t weird.  This is downright scary 

48E29EFF-69F7-4803-BC08-3B4ECADF7775.png

I got that one earlier today too. The ad overlords need to learn how to read a room.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

5 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I got that one earlier today too. The ad overlords need to learn how to read a room.

Oh FFS! 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

42 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Wtf? I shouldn’t be surprised by now, but whyyy is a voice given to these lunatics who know less about the American political and legal system than I do? What grounds does she cite?

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Smee said:

Wtf? I shouldn’t be surprised by now, but whyyy is a voice given to these lunatics who know less about the American political and legal system than I do? What grounds does she cite?

We should make people running for Congress pass an identical test to the citizenship test! 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

There should be an option to report the ad as inappropriate. IMO, Daily Caller is about as mffgn inappropriate as it gets.

28 minutes ago, meep said:

We should make people running for Congress pass an identical test to the citizenship test! 

A psych screening also. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 10

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

... don't they have to wait until he's inaugurated?

30 minutes ago, meep said:

I hit the laugh reaction, but wanted to add in the "I agree" and a "oh hell yeah I agree" reaction. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

Is this from today? Someone has been talking to his lawyers. “Unequivocally condemn the violence” sounds like an excuse for republican senators to not be one of the 17 needed. 
https://play.stuff.co.nz/details/_6222660131001?fbclid=IwAR3kYX5WIRlUCKbnew8THPedjie8p6IuuYZYA0fTHshQGaApDwxruT9dXPg

edited to add: I don’t know how to embed but it’s a video of Trump addressing the nation, headline says “after second impeachment” but he doesn’t actually mention the impeachment. Just “first amendment rights” confirming that he cares more about Twitter than Congress.

Edited by Smee
Detail
  • Upvote 8

16 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

... don't they have to wait until he's inaugurated?

Next Thursday is the day after Inauguration Day. I guess she wants to be first out of the gate.

13 minutes ago, Smee said:

Is this from today? Someone has been talking to his lawyers. “Unequivocally condemn the violence” sounds like an excuse for republican senators to not be one of the 17 needed. 
https://play.stuff.co.nz/details/_6222660131001?fbclid=IwAR3kYX5WIRlUCKbnew8THPedjie8p6IuuYZYA0fTHshQGaApDwxruT9dXPg

Yes. Here's the version from the White House's YouTube page:

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 3
  • Thank You 5

Florida Man First Learns About Consequences

Pelosi put fines for skipping metal detectors.  

(Barack Obama didn't take your guns but Donald Trump did.)

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Good luck getting that past Pelosi, dearie. What? You didn’t know that the Speaker of the House decides the merits of everything that goes to the floor of the House for a vote? Why, bless your heart girl. Next time, you might want to read up on the rules of the place you work for before you start shooting off your mouth on national tv.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 19
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

Oh she started out so well..." We must hold our leaders accountable...can't have a President that is willing to abuse the power and be easily bought off..." 

Too bad she doesn't understand what any of those words mean. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

It's a profoundly dangerous time for our country and Democratic politicians, mayors, governors are all in profound danger. 

Fuck these assholes in Congress calling for unity and kumbaya after promoting Stop the Steal and voting AGAINST the results of the electoral college.  They still have not retracted this stance. My rage over this is incandescent.  

There is some possibility that Cruz, Hawley et al. may not survive this politically.  

Also, know right now that Boebert is a TOTAL media whore with a fanatical streak. She'll be grabbing headlines with her 2A nonsense at every possible moment.  Wonder if she'll sidle up to Gym Jordan or if she'll be too much even for him. 

But, in the "fuck around and find out" department, Lauren Boebert, Marjorie Taylor Greene and a few others, if they were shown to have supported the insurrection directly from the inside, will go to prison. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

I saw on Twitter that there were “tours” in the capitol the day (a few days?) before the insurrection despite being prohibited because of Covid. I think this is gonna get ugly.

Edit to say it seems nuts to me that Boebert was even elected.

Edited by Smash!
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 19

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic