IGNORED

2020 Election Results 12: Riots, Social Media Banning, And The Longest Election Cycle In History

GreyhoundFan

I think this will go the way of the last impeachment (what a crazy phrase), with majority but far from unanimity in the house and just enough power-hungry republican senators to block any real consequences. But if Trump doesn’t go down in history as the first (& hopefully only) President to be impeached twice, I’ll be surprised.

Democracy in America is history.

• Upvote 14

Anyone else feel weird working and going about normal life while there is an active fight to keep from losing our country to a dictator?

It's surreal to me.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 16

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Anyone else feel weird working and going about normal life while there is an active fight to keep from losing our country to a dictator?

It's surreal to me.

Yes! And it's strange to me how many aren't paying attention. I've been GLUED to the news and this forum for the past week. Most of closest friends who I talk to daily aren't really watching news. They might say something like "I saw XYZ on Facebook" but they're very casual about all this. Maybe that's the healthier mindset to have, but for me it's like I can't look away. 

I'm so glad to have a place in this forum. It really is a relief to have other people who care deeply and are alarmed to "be" with and vent to. 

I watched the debates all day (sometimes with closed captioning while working) but now that they're voting, I'm stuck at school picking up my kids. Ugh. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 11

59 minutes ago, ADoyle90815 said:

It really is triggering for those of us who have been in an abusive relationship with a malignant narcissist.

It really is. That’s why I read here instead of following it myself.

• I Agree 1
  • Love 16

10 minutes ago, SeekingAdventure said:

5 now..

8 right now

They had at least two vote yea that weren't publicly stated, but that could get changed (someone could hit the wrong button)

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, Ticklish said:

I watched the debates all day (sometimes with closed captioning while working) but now that they're voting, I'm stuck at school picking up my kids. Ugh. 

I'm watching at my desk with closed captions on...I'm trying to work but my focus is completely shot.

5 minutes ago, Jasmar said:

It really is. That’s why I read here instead of following it myself.

Yep, I've done that.  Now I'm in the can't look away stage, whatever works at any given moment to manage this.  

• Upvote 15

Ignore me. I assumed wrong.

However as I'm typing they've reached 218. 

Trump is now officially impeached twice.

Edited by fraurosena
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

10 right now

NV is just those who haven't voted yet.  Claire Mccaskell is on MSNBC and said that the rules right now allow for voting not in the chamber.  And there are a set of those who have assigned proxy votes because they can't be there due to Covid. 

And that NV just went down to 3 D and 6 R

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

4 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

18 NV votes. Why did 9 Dems NV????

i think they are still voting, now it's only 4 (the video is a bit behind, so you might have something else, but they tally is still going up.. 3 now)

• Thank You 5

10 republicans...most bipartisan impeachment ever.

Guess Trump should have taken into account not everyone with an R next to their name enjoys having a murderous mob unleashed upon them.

(How are their only 10?  Never mind, I'll be mad about that later.)

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 2

4 minutes ago, Shrubbery said:

The ayes have it!

Impeachment no. 2 it is, the bigliest impeachment ever!!

Trump continues to make history again and in a very, very bad way! 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

37 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

It's surreal to me.

I'm glad to have the flexibility to watch it. I've been completely useless for anything else all day. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

Just now, libgirl2 said:

Trump continues to make history again and in a very, very bad way! 

He just won't stop with the winning.

We might as well have Charlie Sheen in the WH.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 21
  • I Agree 2

While I wish more Republicans were on the yeah side, having 10 gives me hope.  The speaker who said impeachment won’t lead to healing is so full of it.  It may not heal all, but I think it will heal congress

.  I did respect the Republican who said he could vote for impeachment because he didn’t feel his constituents wanted him to.  Maybe it was just pushing blame elsewhere, but he did say he expects the democrats to vote to impeach for the same reason.  Now, the problem is they aren’t just the representatives for those of their political party, but all constituents in their district (right?  Is that not right?) 

I got teary eyed when they gave a standing ovation to the capital police who did their job last week.  

• Upvote 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic