IGNORED

2020 Election Results 12: Riots, Social Media Banning, And The Longest Election Cycle In History

GreyhoundFan

Yeah if you’re out on bond do not get photographed committing Federal Crimes. Especially if you’re not supposed to travel without court permission. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

11 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah if you’re out on bond do not get photographed committing Federal Crimes. Especially if you’re not supposed to travel without court permission. 

Is he that stupid or that arrogant? I told my husband, I think these people thought they would restore trump and be viewed as heroes. 

6 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Karen advertizes her business while doing insurrection.

FFS! Again, stupid or arrogant? Or both? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

Pelosi tasks retired Lt. Gen. Russel Honoré with leading review of Capitol security

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., announced Friday that she has tasked retired Lt. Gen. Russel Honoré with leading a review of the U.S. Capitol’s security in the wake of the deadly Jan. 6 attack.

Pelosi expressed gratitude to the Capitol Police and the National Guard for their presence “to protect our democracy,” and said there must now be an investigation into the security failures last week.

“We must subject this whole complex though to scrutiny in light of what happened and the fact that the inauguration is coming. To that end, I have asked Retired Lt. Gen. Russell Honoré to lead an immediate review of security infrastructure, interagency processes and command and control. The general is a respected leader with experience dealing with crises,” Pelosi told reporters at her weekly press conference.

Honoré is best known for his role as commander of the task force that was in charge of the U.S. military response to Hurricane Katrina in 2005. He said that he has experience with military support to civilian authorities and specifically the security of the Washington region.

Honoré has been outspoken about the attack on Twitter, saying on the day of the breach that it was a “sh-- show.”

He also wrote on Twitter that to “prevent the miscommunication that resulted in the lack of adequate security at the Capitol,” an overarching office be created for the capital region. The office would be responsible for safety and security in the area and would coordinate the agencies that protect the government and Washington, D.C.

Pelosi also expressed outrage Friday over the rioter who was seen wearing a shirt inside the Capitol that said “Camp Auschwitz” last week. He was arrested in Virginia.

"To see this punk with that shirt on and his anti-Semitism that he has bragged about to be part of a white supremacist raid on this Capitol requires us to have an after-action review,” she said.

The speaker reiterated her view that the events of Jan. 6 was an “act of insurrection” and was “incentivized by the president of the United States” that led to Donald Trump’s impeachment on Wednesday.

Asked when she plans to send the article of impeachment over to the Senate for the trial, Pelosi did not commit to a date. She said the nine managers she has named to prosecute Trump are working on their case now.

Edited by fraurosena
put stuff behind quote where it belongs and added tweet
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

28 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Lemme guess.  This dude is gonna try to cop a not guilty plea.  Of course in that instance his communications with the nice FBI lady will then become Government's Exhibit Number One.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Pelosi tasks retired Lt. Gen. Russel Honoré with leading review of Capitol security

woohoo!  Honoré is an incredibly outspoken guy and absolutely does not suffer fools.  I expect that his rage over what happened is incandescent but he'll get the job done.  

WIKI: A native of Lakeland in Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana, and youngest of 12 children, born to a Louisiana Creole family (not Cajuns as his nickname "The Ragin' Cajun" might suggest), with a West Indies background, who had come through the port of New Orleans and settled in the Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana.

He has a "wear ya damn mask and keep ya ass at home" COVID campaign.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

My cousin has posted that Trump announced he is declassifying information about Obama and that this will bring down the entire Democratic Party and somehow make Trump president. Not really following the logic there, but these Trump fans haven’t given up on the idea Trump can still become president. 

ETA: And the impeachment is because they are so scared of these documents. 

I swear every time I read something like this I think "projection". Whoever started this rumour knows Trump has a lot to be afraid of if documents are declassified.

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I think that the reason that many of the riot participants seem to convey that their behaviors were above board points to the likely fact that they were taking their marching orders from the CiC/POTUS. If you’re brainwashed enough to believe the lies he spews about everything else, why wouldn’t you think Trump’s speech prior to the insurrection was directed at you?  These folks see themselves as Trump’s soldiers on US soil. (National Guard be damned). 

If one person believes they are getting direct orders from the President it's probably mental illness. When a couple of thousand people apparently believe it then you need to start looking at what is being said.

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

After watching that I'm frankly grateful he's still alive. That must have been terrifying, not just for him but also other officers around.

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

Pity that Pence couldn't get around to it before now.

Had to unlock his nads first. And find his spine.

18 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Lemme guess.  This dude is gonna try to cop a not guilty plea.  Of course in that instance his communications with the nice FBI lady will then become Government's Exhibit Number One.

I am guessing more a "I cooperated fully please may I have a lesser sentence".

• Upvote 17

I just want to comment that the President Elect is talking about Covid right now  And it's not making me twitchy or raging or angry. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

14 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

There is a guy in the video of the mob following Eugene Goodman who is carrying a riot shield. They are not widely available, so I am wondering if it was taken from police at the Capitol.

• Upvote 7

<sarcasm> Sorry. Sorry. He's sorry, that makes everything all better... </sarcasm>

A central Illinois mayor who attended the Trump rally in Washington that preceded the storming of the Capitol building has apologized for accusing the media of lying about the violence in a video he posted online afterward.

Thomasboro Mayor Tyler Evans, who has faced calls to resign since he posted the video, issued a statement Thursday apologizing for his comments and condemning the violence at the Capitol. He said he made it as far as the Capitol steps and saw very little evidence of violence, and that some people told him they'd been allowed into the building.

"Before I had a full understanding of the actions of rioters who stormed the Capitol, I shared a video reflecting my experience with tens of thousands of peaceful protestors that day. As a result, my remarks were not fully informed on what happened inside the Capitol by extremists," said the mayor of the Champaign County village. "I take full responsibility for any hurt my words caused, and for that, I am sorry."

Evans, a Trump supporter, said he went to Washington to peacefully attend the rally and the protest march to the Capitol.

Hey dude go self conjugal visit yourself.  If you had any fucking sense you'd resign your mayorship right now.

And folks, the new official Presidential account just went live!

As you can see it's named PresElectBiden for now and will be renamed POTUS at 12:01pm on the 20th.

Probably will be a nice, boring account that does not start World War III in our sleep.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I’ve been hoping she’d be caught up in the net - here’s another article https://www.thedailybeast.com/jenna-ryan-texas-real-estate-agent-who-flew-to-dc-on-private-jet-arrested-in-capitol-riots in addition to being a realtor, she’s a life coach (of course) and she just had publication of her new book canceled.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

137333478_10220538169578309_5450815774833071267_n.jpg.39fc11454fe12f0da44029ed48431523.jpg

1 minute ago, sndral said:

I’ve been hoping she’d be caught up in the net - here’s another article https://www.thedailybeast.com/jenna-ryan-texas-real-estate-agent-who-flew-to-dc-on-private-jet-arrested-in-capitol-riots in addition to being a realtor, she’s a life coach (of course) and she just had publication of her new book canceled.

I'm still laughing that she advertised her business while engaged in illegal activity. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 6

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I just don't know what to say about these people. 

I read trump wants some military send off! How about he just leaves? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 6

Yeah the MyFacist fucker went to meet with fuck face

I'm leaning on the local farm store now to stop selling his shit. 

• Upvote 7

37 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah the MyFacist fucker went to meet with fuck face

I'm leaning on the local farm store now to stop selling his shit. 

I know of two people who tried his pillow.  Both decided they didn't want it to be their pillow...and it had nothing to do with politics.

• Upvote 7

14 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Rebecca Solnit on not meeting Nazis halfway.

"The implication is the usual one: we—urban multiethnic liberal-to-radical only-partly-Christian America—need to spend more time understanding MAGA America. The demands do not go the other way. Fox and Ted Cruz and the Federalist have not chastised their audiences, I feel pretty confident, with urgings to enter into discourse with, say, Black Lives Matter activists, rabbis, imams, abortion providers, undocumented valedictorians, or tenured lesbians. When only half the divide is being tasked with making the peace, there is no peace to be made, but there is a unilateral surrender on offer. "

While I do think that keeping channels open is important - being able to retreat from extreme viewpoints works better I think when they are - I also think justice needs to be done, and done openly and fairly. And in this case that means charging, trying and punishing people who are found to have organised or taken part in this. Also this:

"There’s also often a devil’s bargain buried in all this, that you flatter and, yeah, respect these white people who think this country is theirs by throwing other people under the bus—by disrespecting immigrants and queer people and feminists and their rights and views. And you reinforce that constituency’s sense that they matter more than other people when you pander like this, and pretty much all the problems we’ve faced over the past four years, to say nothing of the last five hundred, come from this sense of white people being more important than nonwhites, Christians than non-Christians, native-born than immigrant, male than female, straight than queer, cis-gender than trans."

So much this. 

I agree with this article over all .  I just wanted to respond with this quote .  

4530-Sun-Tzu-Quote-If-you-know-the-enemy

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

14 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Rebecca Solnit on not meeting Nazis halfway.

"The implication is the usual one: we—urban multiethnic liberal-to-radical only-partly-Christian America—need to spend more time understanding MAGA America. The demands do not go the other way. Fox and Ted Cruz and the Federalist have not chastised their audiences, I feel pretty confident, with urgings to enter into discourse with, say, Black Lives Matter activists, rabbis, imams, abortion providers, undocumented valedictorians, or tenured lesbians. When only half the divide is being tasked with making the peace, there is no peace to be made, but there is a unilateral surrender on offer. "

While I do think that keeping channels open is important - being able to retreat from extreme viewpoints works better I think when they are - I also think justice needs to be done, and done openly and fairly. And in this case that means charging, trying and punishing people who are found to have organised or taken part in this. Also this:

"There’s also often a devil’s bargain buried in all this, that you flatter and, yeah, respect these white people who think this country is theirs by throwing other people under the bus—by disrespecting immigrants and queer people and feminists and their rights and views. And you reinforce that constituency’s sense that they matter more than other people when you pander like this, and pretty much all the problems we’ve faced over the past four years, to say nothing of the last five hundred, come from this sense of white people being more important than nonwhites, Christians than non-Christians, native-born than immigrant, male than female, straight than queer, cis-gender than trans."

So much this. 

All the reichies and their fucking apologists can stick their unity talk where the sun doesn’t shine. It’ll be a fucking cold day in hell before I break bread with Nazis. Especially the terrorists who tried to overthrow the government last week. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

35 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I know of two people who tried his pillow.  Both decided they didn't want it to be their pillow...and it had nothing to do with politics.

Mr. No had a coworker who also tried his pillow.   Said it was a waste of money,

Definitely not his pillow.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

One of these charmers fancies himself a political cartoonist.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.eb37dd68f67fdd57b381d125662b491b.png

image.thumb.png.97e8b624d3e1e7e951665fd5edd4a4c5.png

image.png.1890cc6b32b72dc09b6c75cc21f011b8.png

He also draws a lot of samurai warrior stuff - swords, swords, and more swords.

• WTF 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic