IGNORED

2020 Election Results 12: Riots, Social Media Banning, And The Longest Election Cycle In History

GreyhoundFan

2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I just don't know what to say about these people. 

I read trump wants some military send off! How about he just leaves? 

Yep, that F-er is going to throw himself a big ass party with a Color guard and military pomp and circumstance, all on our dime. God I can’t stand this man toddler. And for those who still support him and his behaviors, there.are.no.sane.words. I hope he lands his big ass in jail.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 11

On 1/14/2021 at 12:39 PM, thoughtful said:

But, if this was supposed to be a CYA statement, leaving out "enough" would defeat the purpose, because people who notice it, like us, would say he was inciting again.

Quoting myself to say that we were not the only ones who noticed:

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

I think those sticks of fuck should not only be removed but their seats shouldn’t be filled at all in the meantime. Let the fuckers that voted these fuckmuppets in go without Congressional representation for the next couple years. 

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 10

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Yep, that F-er is going to throw himself a big ass party with a Color guard and military pomp and circumstance, all on our dime. God I can’t stand this man toddler. And for those who still support him and his behaviors, there.are.no.sane.words. I hope he lands his big ass in jail.

So he plans on starting another murder riot?  

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, AprilCameron said:

Thank you. That is absolutely fascinating. I had no idea Delaware was a slave state. And because it’s a New England state I just assumed it was bluer than blue. 

This discussion just goes to show that if our society would just stop hurting others and really listen we could learn something that might change our perspective. Sadly I don’t think those who need to learn want to learn. 

Delaware is a mid-Atlantic state, it's not part of New England which is: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont.

It neighbors Maryland and Virginia.

• Upvote 7

12 hours ago, formergothardite said:

My cousin has posted that Trump announced he is declassifying information about Obama and that this will bring down the entire Democratic Party and somehow make Trump president. Not really following the logic there, but these Trump fans haven’t given up on the idea Trump can still become president. 

ETA: And the impeachment is because they are so scared of these documents. 

So, a story that is both funny and kind of terrifying. Former HS classmate posts about the Capitol riots on Facebook. Other former HS classmate posts about how it's awesome because the rioters have obtained a bunch of classified documents and hard drives incriminating the Democrats that will bring down their party (was this some Parler rumor?). I point out, if that's the case, they better be ready to do some hard time, because prison sentences start at 10 years for breaches like that. He responds that they can't get in trouble because "we own everything in the building since our taxes pay for them." 

At this point I don't even bother to explain that's now how government property, classified information, or, well, life works. (Also, by his argument, Hillary did nothing wrong with her emails.)

I do become curious as to what this chud has been up to since high school and check out his profile. He is a freaking cop. And this is his comprehension of pretty basic Federal laws?

Edited by nausicaa
  • Upvote 5
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 23

Also, history dork alert, Delaware, Maryland, Kentucky, Missouri and West Virginia were border states in the civil war.  Slave states that stayed in the union. West Virginia actually split from Virginia part way through the war.  

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 3

Just now, clueliss said:

Also, history dork alert, Delaware, Maryland, Kentucky, Missouri and West Virginia were border states in the civil war.  Slave states that stayed in the union. West Virginia actually split from Virginia part way through the war.  

It's pretty insane when you realize that Lincoln was completely surrounded by Confederate or Confederate-sympathetic states while he was in D.C. 

Also, Booth got out of D.C. as fast as possible and headed to Maryland after the assassination because he knew it would be much more sympathetic to him. Which it was. And somewhat continues to be, since there is a mini-shrine at the farm where he died. (I don't have a problem with the marker, which is a straightforward historical plaque, but people leave flowers on it, which I think is distasteful.)

Other weird geographic fact people don't seem to know: The Mason-Dixon line starts in southern Pennsylvania. If you're in Baltimore, you're technically in "Dixie."

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2

18 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Yep.  John Wilkes Booth himself was a Marylander.

I have a great-whatever grandfather who died in a Yankee POW camp as a captured confederate solider from Missouri, another border state.  Records show our large family was split pretty much down the middle between Union and traitors.  It literally was brother vs brother especially in the border states.

Kentucky and southern Indiana also had more than their share of men willing to die so others richer than them could own people...I'm sure it made dirt farming easier to bear if they had at least one group of people to whom they could feel superior.

12 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

It's pretty insane when you realize that Lincoln was completely surrounded by Confederate or Confederate-sympathetic states while he was in D.C. 

Also, Booth got out of D.C. as fast as possible and headed to Maryland after the assassination because he knew it would be much more sympathetic to him. Which it was. And somewhat continues to be, since there is a mini-shrine at the farm where he died. (I don't have a problem with the marker, which is a straightforward historical plaque, but people leave flowers on it, which I think is distasteful.)

Other weird geographic fact people don't seem to know: The Mason-Dixon line starts in southern Pennsylvania. If you're in Baltimore, you're technically in "Dixie."

Have you ever been to the Surratt House in Clinton?  When we lived near DC I went there fairly often with the kids, it fascinated me.  I'd read and watched so much about the assassination over the years (on of my pet topics for non-fiction) it was very cool to stand there and look at her portrait...if I could go back in time and read a historical figures mind and learn their intent and motivations she's in my top five.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

23 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Have you ever been to the Surratt House in Clinton?  When we lived near DC I went there fairly often with the kids, it fascinated me.  I'd read and watched so much about the assassination over the years (on of my pet topics for non-fiction) it was very cool to stand there and look at her portrait...if I could go back in time and read a historical figures mind and learn their intent and motivations she's in my top five.

I have not! But I will be adding this to my post-pandemic outings list. 

BTW, just dropping this here since it's the coolest thing on YouTube:

Edited by nausicaa
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

I'm behind the times with the My Pillow guy. Wtf and someone better be keeping inventory of things at the WH. It looks like everyone is leaving with parting gifts.

Seth Abramson is also going to write a paper of his analysis if 45's pre coup speech .

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 7

Regarding fuck wad’s going away rally The area around the Capitol and White House is going to be totally blocked off. How are his thugs make inside the red zone?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Delaware is a mid-Atlantic state, it's not part of New England which is: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont.

It neighbors Maryland and Virginia.

Even though I now know it’s not, I always associated Virginia as being part of New England because it was the first colony settled by colonists from England. Roanoke and Jamestown come to mind. Something new to be learned every day.

Edited by AprilCameron
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, AprilCameron said:

Always associated Virginia as being part of New England because it was the first colony settled by colonists from England. Roanoke and Jamestown come to mind.

That being the case you might want to note that, rather than stating something as a fact when it's not.

43 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I have not! But I will be adding this to my post-pandemic outings list. 

BTW, just dropping this here since it's the coolest thing on YouTube:

Go when the weather is nice.  They used to have a lovely little picnic area outside, I'd pack a lunch and the kids and I would sit there and it was such a nice outing.  

Ngl I did look for Mary's ghost each time!  She never showed :) 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

That being the case you might want to note that, rather than stating something as a fact when it's not.

Edited my post. What’s left of my brain after this work week (today in particular as It was a race against the clock to meet a deadline on short notice) is exhaustion to the point of being almost incapable of forming a coherently comprehensive written thought. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Regarding fuck wad’s going away rally The area around the Capitol and White House is going to be totally blocked off. How are his thugs make inside the red zone?

By invitation?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

16 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

By invitation?

That's the problem...we have members of congress who may well aid and abet and we can't forget that there were active duty and vets in the insurrection. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

2 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

What a way to kill your own business.

• I Agree 14

4 hours ago, AprilCameron said:

Even though I now know it’s not, I always associated Virginia as being part of New England because it was the first colony settled by colonists from England. Roanoke and Jamestown come to mind. Something new to be learned every day.

The Roanoke colony wasn’t in Virginia. It was on Roanoke Island, which is in North Carolina. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 7

A must watch 

Forgive me if this has been posted elsewhere, and I’m crap at posting properly, but this is an incredible video.  Two (white, duh) comedians from Brooklyn went to the riot thinking to make a funny, and came away utterly traumatised by what they experienced. It’s around half an hour long, but totally worth watching. In other news, I am working from home in the UK due to COVID. My favourite accompaniment is a commercial classical radio station. I’ve just noticed it runs ads for MyPillow. That meant nothing to me until now. An angry fucking email will be sent.

Edited by Threff
Riffles, of course. And some extra swearing, if I’m honest
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 6

Just to clarify: New England is all the states north and east of New York. 

And in my understanding the Mid-Atlantic is DC to NYC, and everything south of DC is the South. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic