IGNORED

2020 Election Results And Post-Election Day Discussion Part 2

GreyhoundFan

Population Clark County - 2,266,715.

Population Nevada -  3,080,000 (est)

74% in Clark County so in Las Vegas or the immediate vicinity.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 11

Cook county (includes Chicago) went to Biden 72% - 26%.

@SilverBeach we definitely did our part of the group project!  I want to kiss 72% of my neighbors.

I now feel bad for how much I swore when stuck in traffic whenever Obama came to town (I worked in the city at the time.)  We are still clearly Obama country and I couldn't be happier.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 16

I can’t stomach the thought of actually reading this thread but I want to say I’m disgusted that this is even close

• Sad 1
  • I Agree 15
  • Love 4

15 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Trump won 5.2 percent of the vote in D. C. Not 52 percent. 5.2, one in twenty.

Ah, his current neighbors - how well they know him. I am inspired to song, while I change into my cardigan and sneakers:

It's a beautiful day in his neighborhood
A beautiful day for his neighbors, good – they know Trump.
He’s a big chump.

It's a neighborly day, no hypocrisy
A neighborly day for democracy, they voted!
He’s demoted!

I have always wanted to have some neighbors just like them!
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with them!

So let's make the most of this beautiful day, this hopeful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Shall we dump Trump?
Throw out this chump?
He can’t fool his neighbors!

He can't fool,
They're no fools,
No, he can't fool his neighbors!

• Upvote 7
  • Love 10

2 minutes ago, purple_summer said:

I can’t stomach the thought of actually reading this thread but I want to say I’m disgusted that this is even close

The pages from today are pretty positive.  I agree with you - I'm furious this is even close.  I wanted this to be a loud repudiation of Trump so the rest of the world would hear loud and clear that Trump isn't who we are, we're sorry, and we won't let this happen again.

But apparently this is who way too many Americans are.  So while I so wanted a blow out I'll settle for a win so we can begin to recover and heal.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 3

9 minutes ago, purple_summer said:

So funny, I'm doing the exact opposite.  Each time since last night that I've been away from news for a few hours and didn't know the latest developments, I was afraid to look at the news sites so I read this thread instead.  I figured whatever may have happened that I missed, I'd rather ease into it reading post by post here, instead of being suddenly shocked by looking at the headlines...

PS agree with you that it shouldn't have even been close

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

regardless of what happens in georgia (though my fingers and toes are crossed and hope is creeping into my dark, dead soul), MASSIVE shoutout to Stacey Abrams for what she has been able to accomplish in her state with regards to voter reform!!!! and if we're lucky enough to see a biden presidency, he needs to appoint her to champion nationwide voter and election reform. 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 6

1 minute ago, Casserole said:

MASSIVE shoutout to Stacey Abrams for what she has been able to accomplish in her state with regards to voter reform!!!!

Can you provide my West Coast self with further information on this topic? I've seen it bandied about, but I really only know of her as the gubernatorial candidate. 

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

The pages from today are pretty positive.  I agree with you - I'm furious this is even close.  I wanted this to be a loud repudiation of Trump so the rest of the world would hear loud and clear that Trump isn't who we are, we're sorry, and we won't let this happen again.

But apparently this is who way too many Americans are.  So while I so wanted a blow out I'll settle for a win so we can begin to recover and heal.

I was a senior in high school when Pres Obama was elected. I’ve gone from thinking my generation would be the first to FINALLY have some modicum of equal opportunities in this country to wondering f my grandkids will be seen as human. 

This has always been America, unfortunately. 

• Sad 3
  • Love 14

34 minutes ago, Carrots said:

This is what we are seeing at the moment in Australia, Biden is inching closer in Georgia ???

20201105_124823.jpg

Those state borders don't look like I remember.

Didn't go out today but things seem fairly quiet.  Few helicopters went by overhead.  No unusual noise in the street.  I'm outside DC but possibly close enough to pick up clues if things were really going to hell there.

Wonder what would happen if some prominent world leaders joined together to say they would not deal with Trump for another four years.  Had enough, no thanks, come up with another plan.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

I thought NV was going to release their final tally at 9pm est? 

They changed their mind.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Dandruff said:

Those state borders don't look like I remember.

Didn't go out today but things seem fairly quiet.  Few helicopters went by overhead.  No unusual noise in the street.  I'm outside DC but possibly close enough to pick up clues if things were really going to hell there.

Wonder what would happen if some prominent world leaders joined together to say they would not deal with Trump for another four years.  Had enough, no thanks, come up with another plan.

I'd love that, but they can't.  Like it or not the US is a major player for world affairs and they need to deal with whomever we put in charge.  

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Commissioner from GA on CNN now said we should have final results around midnight - 3:00 am.

I'm making coffee.

sending all my support and love 

i need sleep. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Can you provide my West Coast self with further information on this topic? I've seen it bandied about, but I really only know of her as the gubernatorial candidate. 

This piece on her is great (it's a New Yorker piece, hopefully viewable.) She is a voting rights advocate. Her grassroots organization "Fair Fight" has filed lawsuits to stop voter suppression in Georgia with regards to voter registration, ballot access, and ballot counting. They've developed voter protection programs, both in Georgia and nationally. She's so awesome and I hope her future in politics takes her wherever she wants to go. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

Just now, Kelsey said:

I didn't expect that ?

They said they got tired. I understand the need for accuracy, but we’re ALL tired. They didn’t plan ahead to work in shifts?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I'm not liking the shift that just happened in Arizona.

The analysis I heard earlier this evening about Arizona is that they have been doing absentee/mail in advance voting for some time.  And unlike other states where this is new, people from both parties use it so it won’t be as Biden favored as the other states have been showing.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Lillymuffin said:

They said they got tired. I understand the need for accuracy, but we’re ALL tired. They didn’t plan ahead to work in shifts?

No excuse ? we're all tired. Severe anxiety for 2 days and stayed up too late last night....I want need this done!

• I Agree 6

1 minute ago, Kelsey said:

No excuse ? we're all tired. Severe anxiety for 2 days and stayed up too late last night....I want need this done!

No kidding! I need to get my damn heart rate down and sleep. 

• Upvote 4

• Destiny locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic