IGNORED

2020 Election Results And Post-Election Day Discussion Part 2

GreyhoundFan

13 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I still think fondly of Carl Rove’s 2012 meltdown 

Could you spare a girl a link in these perilous times?

• Upvote 2

I'm feeling quite weary from watching so much news, but I'm afraid to change the channel to something more soothing.

• I Agree 7

5 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Could you spare a girl a link in these perilous times?

• Thank You 10
  • Love 1

If Biden wins Nevada, it's over for Trump, as that will put him at 270 which is what is needed to win, even if he loses Pennsylvania or Georgia.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 8
  • Thank You 1

Fulton County GA having a press conference. I hope it comes with vote counts. 

Per Fulton County Election friend, they will finish tonight, no matter what. They'll stay as long as it takes. 

Semi related: this guy looks tired AF. I want to give him a pillow and a blankie and send him off for a nap. On the other hand, I need this over. 

Final edit: There are over 100,000 votes (I should have written down the number and didn't remaining to be counted there tonight, in an area Biden is heavily winning. 

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 9

When Obama was about to win in 2012, my dad and I instinctively changed the channel to Fox. 

And oh boy did Rove give us a show. 

I’m hoping for a Tucker meltdown tonight?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JMarie said:

I'm feeling quite weary from watching so much news, but I'm afraid to change the channel to something more soothing.

I know! I was at work tonight and had to force myself to walk away from the computer and do something that wasn't refreshing the results constantly.

Now that we're close to a reasonable assumption, it's easier to stomach the news. Still with a knot in my stomach over Trump and his supporters, though, so probably going to turn off my devices and watch a DVD before bedtime.

• Upvote 7

If you can't win on votes, win on lawsuits I guess? 

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 8.40.48 PM.png

Per CNN, this is about 54 (yes, 5, 4) absentee votes being added to a count pile after the close of polls. Unclear what evidence might exist. 

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

149,000 ballots left to count in GA per CNN. They got the number from the GA Secretary of State.

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

Calls for folks to check to make sure their absentee ballots have been counted in outstanding states

Nevada

Spoiler

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

2 minutes ago, Smee said:

And Trump leading by 48 000 votes. It'll be very close.

There's hope if a lot of then are from Fulton and Dekab or however it's spelt, but yeah. 

The PA gap continues to close too. It's down to 3% or 200,000 votes with a pretty large margin still out. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Does he really think he can just declare the electoral votes are his? He is just sounding unhinged now. I thought he would have a better plan than pulling a Michael Scott and declaring it like that means something. 

Can we just send him a letter?

"Dear President Trump,  Congratulations, you may already be a winner of a brand-new gilt-edged re-election!

To claim, all you have to do is send a certified check for $8,000,000 for shipping and handling.  Please pick up in person at Guantanamo Bay."

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 21
  • Love 1

The thing that would scare me if Biden won with 270 votes would be a faithless elector when the electoral college deciding to switch his/her vote to Trump. I don't trust Trump at all.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 18

6 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

The thing that would scare me if Biden won with 270 votes would be a faithless elector when the electoral college deciding to switch his/her vote to Trump. I don't trust Trump at all.

I didn't even know that could happen, American politics is crazy ?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I don’t think that would happen. I know some GOP electors tried to not vote for trump in the 2016 primary and they were just ignored and their vote was counted how it was supposed to be. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Did I understand that correctly ? Biden might make the race after winning Nevada, but Nevada is mostly red, so... he might win thanks to the Las Vegas voters ? The den of the devil himself ? The city of corruption ? The fundies were right about Democrats and their shiftless lifestyle !

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, OldFadedStar said:

I don’t think that would happen. I know some GOP electors tried to not vote for trump in the 2016 primary and they were just ignored and their vote was counted how it was supposed to be. 

That's a different concern. Faithless electors can and do exist in the electoral college. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faithless_elector

Hopefully it will be a wide enough lead it won't matter.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

In 2016 trump lost 2 electoral votes and Clinton lost 5. There were 3 other faithless electors who didn't vote for Clinton, but their votes were invalidated due to state laws and either switched to Clinton or the elector was switched out. At 270 all trump would need is one, so I will feel much more relieved if Biden takes Pennsylvania or Georgia. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

16 minutes ago, ignorantobserver said:

Did I understand that correctly ? Biden might make the race after winning Nevada, but Nevada is mostly red, so... he might win thanks to the Las Vegas voters ? The den of the devil himself ? The city of corruption ? The fundies were right about Democrats and their shiftless lifestyle !

Apparently like 70% of the population of Nevada lives in and around Vegas? I might have heard that wrong.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

5 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

There are still plenty of ballots to count in PA (coincidentally they were most from Philadelphia County, Allegheny County (Pittsburgh), & Montgomery County (which is adjacent to Philly). These are the amongst the most heavily populated areas in Pennsylvania.  

I lived in Warminster PA (Montgomery county) in military housing when my ex-husband was in the Navy.  There is a Naval Station there so lot of military.  I know a lot of military vote absentee in their home states, but many don't and vote local if they live stateside.

5 hours ago, meep said:

happily and enthusiastically dated creepy men/women

Hey, I resemble that remark :) 

5 hours ago, Kelsey said:

I hate the truck nuts. Wtf would anyone want them for?

https://allthingscomedy.com/podcasts/360---the-truck-nuts-war---live-in-phoenix

I came to teach.  (It's hilarious - love Dave and Gareth)

4 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Of all of Trump's malarkey

I love you!

4 hours ago, Destiny said:

Seeing MI and WI do their part in the group project made me unexpectedly emotional. 

Me too!  I hereby declare they are allowed to remain neighbors of Illinois.  However, we will be shunning Indiana out of our neighborhood.

3 hours ago, Destiny said:

This is fucking terrifying. Y'all, the President of the United States is instigating a riot to win a fucking election. Today is a dark day (again, I know) for our history. I know there have been so many of them, but this is NOT FUCKING NORMAL.

My daughter couldn't come home for her brother's birthday because National Guard is in Chicago due to unrest and they pulled the bridged up.  She's safe at her BFs place and I haven't gotten more details yet and I don't know who or why or if precautionary but when they pull up the bridges people are stuck in or out of the city.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Failson2 fails again:

image.png.d4b48e1e0c7ae411dc06ea67c9d895e5.png

Not yet, he fucking hasn’t. Signed, a PA voter whose vote has yet to be counted. 

Edited by Lillymuffin
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 2

• Destiny locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic