IGNORED

William and Catherine 4

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

• Thank You 3

I would assume William taking on some public duties right now has as much to do with his Dad’s diagnosis as with his wife’s health.  Having a healthy Royal face seen somewhere is probably very important to them. Princess Anne can’t do everything. They do have all the hired help they could possibly need, and a fair amount of extended family. I wonder if they are regretting choosing the small (for their wealth) Adelaide Cottage? Any of the other Royal homes would be better right now, to have room for live in support. But it’s commendable they are trying to keep things stable for the kids by staying put. 

• Upvote 2

There is the other building around the drive that can surely house quite a few nearly live-in helpers.  I'm guessing one of her parents is there every day or almost every day.  By three weeks post-op she should be able to be up enough to tend to all her personal needs on her own.  Housework and cooking can always be farmed out to others. At least that's the theory I'm being told.   Ask me again in four weeks.  😄

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I wonder if they are regretting choosing the small (for their wealth) Adelaide Cottage? 

I firmly believe that if they had known the Queen was going to die within six months of them moving, they would have held off and selected something bigger, perhaps rooms within Windsor Castle itself. 

• I Agree 1

William also has to be a little paranoid too.  His dad has cancer, his dad's mom (the Queen) had bone cancer, her dad had lung cancer. There is clearly something in the Windsor genes that allows them have a propensity for cancer.  If I was William, I would be like "what are ALL of the cancer screenings and when do I take them.  I have three young children." 

On my dad's side, it is heart issues. And I swear I am paranoid about taking every blood work test, every  cardiac work up test I can.  So far I have my mom's side but who knows. 

• Love 5

The late Queens father had Lung Cancer from being a chain smoker for decades and we only know that the Queen died of being 98 years old. If she had Cancer it was most likely because she was so very old and that happens not necessarily of any underlying genetic issues. Same for the DoE.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

21 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

The late Queens father had Lung Cancer from being a chain smoker for decades

This. He was a veritable chimney. Not sure that he ever quit, even after he started having lung surgeries.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

To much Stress. That man should never have been forced into being King with his constitution and other long standing issues.He  would have been so much healthier and happier  with functional warm parents, loving family  and living on a quiet estate like what his wife came from.   

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 2

There is ZERO reputable proof that Queen Elizabeth II had cancer. I don't know why people have run with this rumor. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, TN-peach said:

William also has to be a little paranoid too.  His dad has cancer, his dad's mom (the Queen) had bone cancer, her dad had lung cancer. There is clearly something in the Windsor genes that allows them have a propensity for cancer.  If I was William, I would be like "what are ALL of the cancer screenings and when do I take them.  I have three young children." 

On my dad's side, it is heart issues. And I swear I am paranoid about taking every blood work test, every  cardiac work up test I can.  So far I have my mom's side but who knows. 

This is the first I'm hearing the Queen had bone cancer. 

And as @tabitha2 mentioned, the late King the Queen's father smoked like all the chimneys at Hampton Court. No need for a predisposition to cancer when you smoke that much; a cancer diagnosis, while not inevitable, is pretty close to it!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Loveday said:

This is the first I'm hearing the Queen had bone cancer. 

Like so much we "know" about public figures, it was speculation by one person that like stories on the forum kept getting repeated until it became legend.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Like so much we "know" about public figures, it was speculation by one person that like stories on the forum kept getting repeated until it became legend.  

I figured as much. If it were true, we'd have all heard about it from Lester Holt on the NBC Nightly News! 🥴

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I’d still be testing if it was my father. It’s got to be very stressful being William right now.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

I’d still be testing if it was my father. It’s got to be very stressful being William right now.

I think the stress is caused by the risk of becoming king sooner than expected. He seems to have accepted his role in this but I don‘t think he has ever been singing young Simba‘s song in his head.

For any fellow Lion King addicts:

Spoiler

Edited by prayawaythefundie
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

7 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

I think the stress is caused by the risk of becoming king sooner than expected. He seems to have accepted his role in this but I don‘t think he has ever been singing young Simba‘s song in his head.

Definitely not. There were so many "reports from palace insiders" for yeeeeeears saying that William resented his role and didn't want to be king. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

His father didn’t particularly want to be King  His grandmother did not really want to be Queen and his GG certainly did not want to be. But they do because Duty and just quitting means to burden goes to the next person even less prepared and forcing them into something that’s not even their birthright. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

His father didn’t particularly want to be King  His grandmother did not really want to be Queen and his GG certainly did not want to be. But they do because Duty and just quitting means to burden goes to the next person even less prepared and forcing them into something that’s not even their birthright. 

Or maybe now with Charles illness there will be a realisation that the overblown royal family isn't needed anymore. You can put almost anyone in spiffy clothes and groom them to wave, smile and cut a ribbon. And it's not only the royal themselfes, it's the large aparatus in the background doing all the research and put it together or take care of all the details for these engagements. Many of that stuff can be done by other people. Like locals or high ranking politicians like in other countries without that gold dusted relict of the past. I don't think that William would be very sad to switch into the live a of a very priviliged and very wealthy private citizen.

• Upvote 6

If Charles dies prior to George's adulthood how will George's life change as the direct heir to rhe sitting king? Would it change at all or would it stay the same in that he's already in the direct line of succession so any "changes" are already his normal?

• Upvote 1

I think all William's children would likely find their parents to be more often busy and stressed.

• Upvote 1

That’s just part and parcel of being a senior Royal child. Parents must leave for periods of time and often in the evenings. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

They'll change address, of course, and likely see their parents less than they do now due to far more engagements. But day to day life otherwise will probably not change too much for them, since they'll be in school for quite a few years yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

22 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

And if Charles III passes or decides to abdicate due to his health issues in the near future William V (if he keeps using William after his ascension) may have a longer reign than he or anyone else anticipated. 

4 minutes ago, Loveday said:

They'll change address, of course, and likely see their parents less than they do now due to far more engagements. But day to day life otherwise will probably not change too much for them, since they'll be in school for quite a few years yet.

And after they finishing schooling I'm guessing William will want them to do some on the job training when it comes to royal duties so they'll be ready when the time comes.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

And after they finishing schooling I'm guessing William will want them to do some on the job training when it comes to royal duties so they'll be ready when the time comes.

I'm hoping just George, because if they start training Charlotte and Louis to be full time royals, we're going to have another spare issue on our hands. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, viii said:

I'm hoping just George, because if they start training Charlotte and Louis to be full time royals, we're going to have another spare issue on our hands. 

I think we'd just have to see as the years go on because if George was unavailable there would be a pretty steep learning curve for whoever came next.

• Upvote 1