IGNORED

2020 Election Results And Post-Election Day Discussion Part 2

GreyhoundFan

Thank you. I saw something on twitter that seemed to indicate it would show if it was actually counted and that doesn't seem accurate for my experience so I was curious.

• I Agree 2

I'm in California too and mine says will be counted, nothing about being counted. I live in a pretty big county though which according to NYT has >50% reporting.

@Giraffe I'm not sure what you're sad about but if you're worried about California, don't be. It might not be obvious since it gets called so early, but California takes a looooong time to count. Most people vote by mail, votes have until the 20th to arrive, and our population is just so large. Many of the house seats won't be called for a few days.

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

59 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Between having been a military wife back in the day and school, I've lived in 8 counties in 7 states.  Out of curiosity I checked the results and my goodness I clearly bring democracy almost wherever I go.

Maybe the Dems should pay me to live in counties where they are struggling?

84%

72%

90%

62%

66%

37%

60%

Great.  They want long teasing foreplay and all we want is some wham-bam-thank-you-man so we can roll over and get some sleep.

In that case, would you like to come to PA, maybe tonight? I have a guest room and several furry headships who really like guests. We could use the mojo. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 6

Read an interesting theory that the counts are being timed to try to avoid riots when it's called for Biden by having him pop over 270 in the middle of the night.  Apparently NV is planning on finishing by noon tomorrow.  The fuck?  Other states are counting way more ballots faster.  Another conspiracy theory is repub gov of NV not wanting to push Biden to 270 but after.

I'm not a conspiracy theory person....except tonight apparently.  

• Upvote 9

I'm appalled that there are people fucking protesting the counting of fucking ballots in Arizona. I can't even. 

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 16

Have you guys seen the footage of the Trump protestors outside the polling place in AZ?  Line of LEO protecting the polling place but these people are screaming and there are hundreds of them.  It's really scary.  If I were counting I'd want to know their plan to protect me at the end of the count.

I do hope they let the poll workers go home before making the announcement.

• Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 6
  • I Agree 12

CNN just said there are 763,000 ballots still to be counted and Trump's lead closing fast.  Most Philly ballots still out and that's predicted hard blue.

They did say PA is now saying they expect to be done counting tomorrow rather than Friday.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

CNN 76% of the votes counted in GA today went Biden.  He only needs ~56% of remaining to take it.

Do it for Julia Sugarbaker, Georgia.

I never want more of Trump, but not gonna lie if there was a live feed on him during all this I'd be glued to it like I was recapping Big Brother.

I'm not usually unkind, but I want to see his meltdown.

Philly votes are coming in 70% Biden and the remaining votes are mostly Philly.

I lived in a burb and it's kind of Chicago like in feel...if they vote like we did Biden will take it.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

According to MSNBC, the Dems need one more seat in the Senate for a tie.  AP says they need two.

It's daytime in the eastern hemisphere.  Some of Trump's favorite world leaders are likely awake and keeping up with the news.  Will they remain loyal friends, even if he turns out to be a loser that loses?

17 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I never want more of Trump, but not gonna lie if there was a live feed on him during all this I'd be glued to it like I was recapping Big Brother.

I'd watch also, but probably with the sound off.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

Can we hurry up and get to the point where she wears pink and purple wigs and cries while singing on one of the religious stations?

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1

From the election people in AZ saying 20 min now.  

And the crowd is large and many are armed.  Long guns and semi-automatic rifles.  

The poll workers are parked in the lot where the protesters are and they don't know how they will get to their cars as the parking lot is loaded with protesters and cars boxed in.  I'd be losing my shit.

20 min ago Fulton County GA dumped a bunch of votes and they are 80% for Biden.  

• Upvote 2
  • Angry 2
  • Disgust 4
  • Sad 7
  • WTF 3

42 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I'm appalled that there are people fucking protesting the counting of fucking ballots in Arizona. I can't even. 

Knowing Az the way I do, I'd have brought an inflatable mattress and planned to stay. The extreme right has fully bought into the conspiracies because of decades long "infiltration" from California. It started with families fleeing gang violence 20+ years ago. I was really hoping it'd be less close so they'd lose hope and go home. 

• Upvote 7

48 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

CNN 76% of the votes counted in GA today went Biden.  He only needs ~56% of remaining to take it.

Do it for Julia Sugarbaker, Georgia.

• Move Along 1

Arizona: Solorio said the delay is not related to the protest going on outside the elections department building, but that it is simply part of the process uploading election data like this.

Americans... protesting counting votes. I... I really have no words. But I thought our 'freedom' was what made us the 'greatest country in the world'???

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 11

(Disclaimer that I'm a Canadian trying to follow along with all of this...) Why has Nevada just stopped reporting numbers? Do they not want to be the state that calls the election?

Also why does it take longer to count mail-in ballots? If more people voted by mail wouldn't that just mean less in-person ballots to count and it would even out time-wise?

(After watching the last two days unfold, I am more grateful than ever that Elections Canada oversees our federal elections and sets the same standards across the country... I really don't know how you all keep track of all the different state systems!) Keeping my fingers crossed here!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, Nutella Ace said:

Also why does it take longer to count mail-in ballots? If more people voted by mail wouldn't that just mean less in-person ballots to count and it would even out time-wise?

They have to open each ballot, check the signature, then pile them up and feed them into the scanner.

When you vote in person you sit at a touchscreen computer (with chip card) and vote, print your ballot, and a poll worker scans it in immediately.  The paper processing is a long more time consuming.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8

My legs are jittering uncontrollably. Is Arizona going red?

Also, it's 5:30pm here in Aus and I thought the timezone difference would benefit me but now it looks like we'll get results in the middle of MY night haha

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

They have to open each ballot, check the signature, then pile them up and feed them into the scanner.

When you vote in person you sit at a touchscreen computer (with chip card) and vote, print your ballot, and a poll worker scans it in immediately.  The paper processing is a long more time consuming.

Oh okay that makes more sense! All of our ballots are always paper ballots so it doesn't really matter how the person voted when it comes to the counting time.

Edited by Nutella Ace
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Nutella Ace said:

(Disclaimer that I'm a Canadian trying to follow along with all of this...) Why has Nevada just stopped reporting numbers? Do they not want to be the state that calls the election?

(After watching the last two days unfold, I am more grateful than ever that Elections Canada oversees our federal elections and sets the same standards across the country... I really don't know how you all keep track of all the different state systems!) Keeping my fingers crossed here!

Why has Nevada just stopped reporting numbers? Do they not want to be the state that calls the election?

I haven't heard that Nevada stopped reporting numbers. Only that they expect to have the results tomorrow.

Also why does it take longer to count mail-in ballots?

Like @HerNameIsBuffy said, paper ballots are more time consuming, but also some states have laws that require mail in votes to be counted after in person votes, and some states allow for ballots to arrive after election day provided they are postmarked for the 3rd.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

14 minutes ago, Smee said:

Is Arizona going red?

Well, technically, we don't know. But I think some media outlets haven't called it because they feel the percentage of votes counted is too low. Here's a screenshot of the CNN detail, which shows 84%:

image.png.8e90aaff3f6f800413f6b53c72f30045.png

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/upshot/network-race-call-tracker.html

https://www.cnn.com/election/2020/results/president

ETA - it's quite possible that, in AZ, Georgia, and PA, most of the votes still uncounted will go to Biden.

PA doesn't start counting mail-in ballots until election day, and many of those still uncounted are from Democratic areas, sent in early, and just waiting to be counted (just ask my PA relatives!).

The same may be true of the other states still in gray on these maps.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

• Destiny locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic