IGNORED

2020 Election Results And Post-Election Day Discussion Part 2

GreyhoundFan

13 minutes ago, Lillymuffin said:

They said they got tired. I understand the need for accuracy, but we’re ALL tired. They didn’t plan ahead to work in shifts?

No kidding.  People need jobs, freaking hire as many temps as you need to work shifts.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Well, if I had to have an attack of my Everything's a Song Cue Syndrome, at least it's a good song, but c'mon, Georgia, flip blue!

Pick your version:

Spoiler

Or the composer:

• Upvote 9

I've got massive schadenfreude thinking of how upset Trump and his minions must be right now.  

I'm not jinxing it - no gloating, no premature celebrating...but it even being this close has to be killing them as well as Biden getting highest number of votes in history which you know is killing Trump.  Narcissistic injury is a very real thing and last two days he's being pummeled by it.  He has to be fucking unbearable to be around now.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7

27 minutes ago, Destiny said:

They changed their mind.

Nevada decided to do an extended striptease? 

Seems on brand. 

• Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 28

18 minutes ago, clueliss said:

The analysis I heard earlier this evening about Arizona is that they have been doing absentee/mail in advance voting for some time.  And unlike other states where this is new, people from both parties use it so it won’t be as Biden favored as the other states have been showing.

This is very true. I had hoped that urban Phoenix would overpower the farming part of the Salt River Valley. It's not over yet, so we're still hoping.

• Upvote 5

I know this is insignificant in the grand scheme of 2020 and all the f'ed up evil being encouraged right now, but I really hope one of the first moves the Biden's do after the election is to turn the rose garden back into a fucking rose garden!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Seems on brand. 

Spoiler

laugh cry GIF

I'm not sure I can do another all-nighter y'all. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I've got massive schadenfreude thinking of how upset Trump and his minions must be right now.  

I said a few comments back that I'm massively petty, like Petty Roosevelt. I have a former high school classmate who has decided in the intervening years to become the most obnoxious, loud mouth, know it all who knows nothing, Trump supporter. If anyone from our high school posts anything on Facebook that could be interpreted as political, he's in the comments calling people's grandmothers brainwashed sheep. When people show hard evidence that his bizarre claims are completely incorrect, he just responds with laughing gifs.

I absolutely loathe him. 

Anyway, he placed a very high profile bet with another former classmate turned successful lawyer. $5,000 that Trump wins. 

I want Trump to lose so badly because he is a danger to our country. But I also want this guy to eat major crow, publicly. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 21
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Seems on brand.

Gives more time for people to give odds and do some betting.

Also on brand.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I said a few comments back that I'm massively petty, like Petty Roosevelt. I have a former high school classmate who has decided in the intervening years to become the most obnoxious, loud mouth, know it all who knows nothing, Trump supporter. If anyone from our high school posts anything on Facebook that could be interpreted as political, he's in the comments calling people's grandmothers brainwashed sheep. When people show hard evidence that his bizarre claims are completely incorrect, he just responds with laughing gifs.

I absolutely loathe him. 

Anyway, he placed a very high profile bet with another former classmate turned successful lawyer. $5,000 that Trump wins. 

I want Trump to lose so badly because he is a danger to our country. But I also want this guy to eat major crow, publicly. 

And if the obnoxious guy loses and the other successful former classmate wins, I hope the winter donates the $5,000 to either some kind of voter equality program or Planned Parenthood.

• Upvote 13

Between having been a military wife back in the day and school, I've lived in 8 counties in 7 states.  Out of curiosity I checked the results and my goodness I clearly bring democracy almost wherever I go.

Maybe the Dems should pay me to live in counties where they are struggling?

84%

72%

90%

62%

66%

37%

60%

13 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Seems on brand. 

Great.  They want long teasing foreplay and all we want is some wham-bam-thank-you-man so we can roll over and get some sleep.

• Haha 17
  • Love 1

Just now, Audrey2 said:

And if the obnoxious guy loses and the other successful former classmate wins, I hope the winter donates the $5,000 to either some kind of voter equality program or Planned Parenthood.

Successful Biden supporter lawyer classmate (who can actually afford this bet) has said he's donating his to a charity. 

And if you think I won't follow up about this bet on lawyer friend's Facebook wall, you are greatly underestimating my shameless petty-ass self.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 12
  • Love 3

16 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

He has to be fucking unbearable to be around now.

ITA.  Wonder how many of his comrades aren't answering their phones.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

27 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

No excuse ? we're all tired. Severe anxiety for 2 days and stayed up too late last night....I want need this done!

I just took two (perfectly legal!) edibles.  I am that anxious.

I'm just glad I had the foresight to take this week off as PTO. My colleagues can enjoy their Christmas week off.   I don't think I could function if I had to work this week. Certainly not as stoned as I plan on being. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Dandruff said:

ITA.  Wonder how many of his comrades aren't answering their phones.

If I know my injured narcissists (and I do) the people closest to him are in full on hell right now.

I hope his adult children, Rudy, and Bill Barr are in his direct line of fire.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If I know my injured narcissists (and I do) the people closest to him are in full on hell right now.

Excellent. Excellent. ?

• Haha 11

He's trying to get the counting stopped in certain states and continued in other states. Thank you to those currently counting even while Trumpers in AZ are banging on the doors demanding to be let into where they're being counted because the Trumpers are saying the votes aren't being tallied right*. All while he hides on Twitter. He's a disgrace. 

(*CBS News reported this about 5 minutes ago)

• Upvote 14

4 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I just took two (perfectly legal!) edibles.  I am that anxious.

I'm just glad I had the foresight to take this week off as PTO. My colleagues can enjoy their Christmas week off.   I don't think I could function if I had to work this week. Certainly not as stoned as I plan on being. 

Thank goodness that ballot measure has passed here, finally. The least the Republicans here could have done 4 years ago is give us something to help forget their stupid choices. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Giraffe said:

He's trying to get the counting stopped in certain states and continued in other states. Thank you to those currently counting even while Trumpers in AZ are banging on the doors demanding to be let into where they're being counted because the Trumpers are saying the votes aren't being tallied right*. All while he hides on Twitter. He's a disgrace. 

(*CBS News reported this about 5 minutes ago)

Good point was just made on Reddit...poster said when Trump whines about how Dems cheated and rigged the election isn't the next question why didn't they blue wave the senate?

If they were going to steal it they wouldn't half ass it.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 11

Fuuuuuuuuck. Can this please be over tonight? I can’t deal with another sleepless night. Not to mention my poor baby has been cranky all day, presumably because Mr. O and I have both been anxious messes and she’s feeding off our anxiousness. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 9

Does anyone whose area uses ballottrax know if that site shows when your ballot was actually counted vs just received and accepted?

1 hour ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I'm not liking the shift that just happened in Arizona.

Yeah, I thought it was odd that CNN still hadn't called Arizona when other outlets called it hours ago. It still might flip red again. I hope not.

• Sad 4

2 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Does anyone whose area uses ballottrax know if that site shows when your ballot was actually counted vs just received and accepted?

Mine does not say counted. I’m in CA-

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

Mine said "received and will be counted."  In a county as small as mine they must be done counting but I never got a further update, so I think that's all it says.

California here too.

• Destiny locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic