IGNORED

2020 Election Results And Post-Election Day Discussion Part 2

GreyhoundFan

Rudy, Rudy, Rudy:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 17
  • Thank You 1

15 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Based on NYT numbers it looks to me like 48 blue to 52 red senate. Not great, but at least if Biden wins he can veto Moscow Mitch. And democrats would only need to have 2 republicans vote with them.

Don't count Alaska* numbers, there are 120,000 ballots that won't be opened for a week. THere are only 540,000 registered voters. I could break down the demographics off who voted by mail, but our vote-by-mail absentee system holds on to ballots for one week to ensure that they all arrive (not all communities have daily mail delivery) and then they cross check them with in-person names to make sure people didn't vote twice. It makes sense due to the limitations we have regarding the rural communities, but it's frustrating. 

And don't discount that Georgia special election. And NC candidates are within spittin' distance of each other. 

*Al Gross will likely lose, but there are a few things in his favor. Alaska elected a solid Democrat in 2008 to that seat. His opponent is not well liked, even among Republicans as he's considered "not an Alaskan." and there was some scandal that I didn't care about regarding a local mining project. Working against Al - he ran as an independant, but was listed as a Democrat, because our government is corrupt as hell. He's Jewish, and lately this state has been very anti-semitic. (To the point were one of his opponent's mailers had a picture of Al holding money while dark figures from Congress circled around him) And his commercials were really annoying, and focused more on his ability to hunt and fish and "seem Alaskan." 

Edited by Maggie Mae
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

Failson2 fails again:

image.png.d4b48e1e0c7ae411dc06ea67c9d895e5.png

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 10
  • Thank You 1

28 minutes ago, Smee said:

Is that eligible voters, or registered voters? For a population of 328 million that seems off to me.

Registered, if I remember correctly.

• Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Someone on Twitter made a good point, if Trump wants to contest this he has a much bigger uphill battle than W. Bush had. The latter could just focus on Florida, which had already been called for him. Trump has to argue across at least four states and say certain states needed to stop counting votes while other states needed to continue counting. 

So ridiculous, but then again, so is the fact that Trump has gotten this far, and is still standing.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

24 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Does he really think he can just declare the electoral votes are his? He is just sounding unhinged now. I thought he would have a better plan than pulling a Michael Scott and declaring it like that means something. 

I kow 100% believe that he did indeed declare bankruptcy like Michael Scott, but then one of his people quietly filed the paperwork for him.

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Failson2 fails again:

image.png.d4b48e1e0c7ae411dc06ea67c9d895e5.png

In fact, it sounds like the Biden camp has info that indicates Biden will prevail in PA once the mail-in Philly votes are all counted. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I'm starting to get my hopes up - just a little bit - that Biden will win it after all. It's devastating it's as close as it is, though. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

1 minute ago, JenniferJuniper said:

In fact, it sounds like the Biden camp has info that indicates Biden will prevail in PA once the mail-in Philly votes are all counted. 

And Trump probably knows this. If he declares victory now, his supporters will be ready to riot when / if he loses. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 16

Someone tell me that this will all still be the same if I run errands (heating man came and went and my heat is still not fixed, BTW. I know are all riveted by the story of how I froze to death.) and do something other than incessantly add numbers and practice solving for the total based on a number and a percent.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 3

Ok guys, I’m running on fumes now. I’m off to sleep. But before I go, I’ll leave you with this. An oldie in a new coat.

(Can be watched without sound)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 7

Nate Cohn, in New York 1m ago

With Nevada releasing additional ballots later today, Biden now has a reasonable path to clearing the 270 electoral vote threshold tonight.

Per NYTimes. 

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 5
  • Thank You 4

Okay, back to Georgia - what's the deal with Glascock County being deep red surrounded by blue? 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Ok guys, I’m running on fumes now. I’m off to sleep. But before I go, I’ll leave you with this. An oldie in a new coat.

(Can be watched without sound)

Yep. Sounds about right.

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.77f219e2d28b794b3db774447014e0c0.png

image.png.e17dda6ee6badf031cd49e0b1cffc3e5.png

Yes Rudy. Yes we know you are stupid 

• Upvote 13

image.png.20633c8b8ee4a9abf046ce6b82c75814.png

I could definitely see Melania do this.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 1

45 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Does he really think he can just declare the electoral votes are his? He is just sounding unhinged now. I thought he would have a better plan than pulling a Michael Scott and declaring it like that means something. 

Yes. He is unhinged and even moderate stresses always reveal this terrifying reality. 

I do love the "hereby." Like he's the trumpet announcer in Cinderella telling all and asunder about the new glass slipper policy. 

• Upvote 20
  • Haha 1

This would be an interesting twist:

image.png.987eddf201d97d2f2daff05b2a635fa7.png

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 16
  • Love 5

24 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I'm starting to get my hopes up - just a little bit - that Biden will win it after all. It's devastating it's as close as it is, though. 

I think it's pretty clear Biden wins at this point. It's just a matter of if he wins with 270 votes, or more than that. I was really skeptical about Pennsylvania, but it looks like it's really going to happen. Even Fox has called Arizona for Biden, and the only remaining votes to count in Nevada are early votes from blue counties. 

Good Lord, the fucking riots if Trump tries to overturn this thing. He is just terrible for everyone across the board. 

• Upvote 16
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 5

This gave me a chuckle:

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This would be an interesting twist:

image.png.987eddf201d97d2f2daff05b2a635fa7.png

I still think fondly of Carl Rove’s 2012 meltdown 

• Upvote 7