IGNORED

2020 Election Results And Post-Election Day Discussion Part 2

GreyhoundFan

Just now, onekidanddone said:

Serious question here. Where the fuck is Barr in all this?

Have we actually visualized him since the WH Covid outbreaks? 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

He's MIA. He hasn't been seen in public since the Rose Garden Super Spreader Event where he got infected. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

2 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Since he acts as Trumps own private lawyer, he's probably sitting in on all the legal strategy meetings Trump's legal team is having to stop states from counting the votes. 

Losing Trump would be wonderful, but getting rid of Barr in the bargain would be beyond wonderful.  I imagine most ethical lawyers cringe when they see what the DOJ has become.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 1

13 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

Yep, agree, SDNY is seriously after him.   He's in a LOT of trouble right there even if the Dems don't do anything.     And as far as his older kids running for office, I am not too worried, they are all so intertwined that if Daddy goes down, so do they.  

I would rather see the SDNY take Trump down than the house. I fear McTurtle will still have a hammerlock on the Senate, and this way Pelosi's hands are cleaner.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

How long is Trump going to drag this out? So no decisions today in AZ, NV or PA. Biden is at 253, so even if GA flips to blue and announces today, Biden would still only be at 269. We are likely not going to know a winner until next week.

• Sad 3

Ugh reading the list of states for Trump and Biden makes me think of the Hunger Games, only the other way around.

Why are the poorer states the ones going for Trump and Republicans who clearly care more about corporations and the super rich, while the more educated and generally considered wealthier states are the ones voting for candidates who believe more in equality and social safety nets? The states who need the most federal help are the ones voting against getting it!

I keep wanting to point out to my Republican small business owner boss that if the Democrats were in charge, he'd be on his third round of PPP money by now.

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 13

24 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

If Joe wins, I don't see him running for a second term. Trump made a big deal about Biden's age, and he will be even older than Biden in four years and in worse shape. Here's hoping, anyway.

I don't see Joe running for a second term either. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't go the whole run for this term. The stress of the presidency is extremely high. He just might step down for health reasons -- not because he's ill, but because he can't deal with the physical demands anymore. He will be 78 when he takes office and 82 at the end of his term. A president Harris is not beyond the realm of possibility. And then she would run in 2024. 

Question. If this theoretical scenario were to play out, and if Harris were to run in 2024 and win, would her presidency be counted as her first term, or her second? Would she be able to run again in 2028?

No, I don’t see him going for a second term either. A 2024 Harris vs Ivanka wouldn’t be outside the realm of possibility. I can’t believe I even typed that out!

• Upvote 1

I'm gonna roll over to a new thread soon, so if you're typing something long, save it now!

• Haha 1
  • Thank You 5

Just now, Alisamer said:

Ugh reading the list of states for Trump and Biden makes me think of the Hunger Games, only the other way around.

Why are the poorer states the ones going for Trump and Republicans who clearly care more about corporations and the super rich, while the more educated and generally considered wealthier states are the ones voting for candidates who believe more in equality and social safety nets? The states who need the most federal help are the ones voting against getting it!

Recently I heard the following: a large part of the Republican agenda is convincing poor people that giving all the control and power to rich people is in the poor peoples’ best interest. The party has been very successful in keeping less advantaged people in line with this messaging. Why would any economically disadvantaged person think that a POTUS Trump and his policies would have the disadvantaged communities’ best interest at heart?

• Upvote 13

4 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Does anyone know what he's on about? It's from about 2 min ago. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 12.09.22 PM.png

He's delusional? Somebody told him this to keep him quiet for 5 minutes because they're tired of his constant tantrums? His lawyers filed a suit in PA and he counts that as a win?

All of the above?

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I don't see Joe running for a second term either. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't go the whole run for this term. The stress of the presidency is extremely high. He just might step down for health reasons -- not because he's ill, but because he can't deal with the physical demands anymore. He will be 78 when he takes office and 82 at the end of his term. A president Harris is not beyond the realm of possibility. And then she would run in 2024. 

Question. If this theoretical scenario were to play out, and if Harris were to run in 2024 and win, would her presidency be counted as her first term, or her second? Would she be able to run again in 2028?

22nd amendment " No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of President more than once."

So if Joe steps down in 2023/24, she would be eligible to run for two terms. 

• Thank You 8

• Destiny locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic