IGNORED

Carlin, Evan, and Layla Rae 8: Vlogging On YouTube

GreyhoundFan

In the way back time machine I think there was something about Alyssa and Josie sharing a room because they didn't like all the noise and chaos. So I'm going with different personalities.  

• Upvote 11

On 11/16/2020 at 6:28 AM, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I’ve never seen syringes like that. You’re not in the US, are you? No one here says “apothecary” (it’s used occasionally when drug stores want to sound fancy). 

I’d like to qualify my previous defense of Carlin - if these are the syringes from her pregnancy, it has been a while. But there wasn’t much time between the birth and the pandemic. 

No not US. I could have said pharmacy instead I guess but we actually can only get medication (including painkillers etc.) in a Apotheke. Hence the choice of word. Not a drug store or a supermarket. They do sell some skincare too but only special brands. 
The orange flap is what I am taking about. It’s supposed to clipped onto the needle and then you can break it safely on a hard surface.

Spoiler

52895E01-C9C9-4C77-ADA1-5747919CD664.thumb.jpeg.5f2159943b7cdf06b5030d376ceb02f2.jpeg

On 11/16/2020 at 9:34 PM, raayx01 said:

Usually you don't get them all at once. My dog has diabetes and we get a pack of syringes and then when we run out. we pack all those up take them to the vet for disposal and pick up are new set. 

If that's the case for pregnancy why didn't she just take them when she went to go pick them up. I would think with covid they would be extra careful about disposing them properly.

Exactly. Your medication and or dosage might change during the progress of the pregnancy. 

I don’t think it’s weird to still have unused syringes at home (hence my photo opportunity). If you have to start really early it might take too long for you to get an appointment to get a prescription (in my experience they want a confirmation from your gym beforehand). If they don’t prevent she could fall pregnant very quickly and the old syringes would still be ok to use.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 3

I got all my IVF and FET meds delivered by mail with vials and syringes and sharps containers together. It actually took me a while to find a place that would take the sharps containers. But if my dosage ever changed, I just drew up a different amount or more like did a second shot.

I did keep my follistim syringe pen in the fridge with about 200ml leftover for months because the idea of throwing away like $300 worth of meds was too much. 

• Upvote 7

On 11/15/2020 at 10:39 AM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

How old is Layla? Seriously, put them in a plastic capped juice jug if you dont have an actual sharps container and bring them to your doc. Having 9 months worth of syringes around the house is just stupid.

She's about 9/10 months old. She was born the end of January 2020. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 2

On 11/17/2020 at 9:32 AM, Tenyari said:

Does anyone else feel like Carlin is not that connected to some of her sisters? I don't know why I feel like this, but I especially feel like her and Josie's relationship seem so off and I always assumed it was due to the fact Josie was allowed to get married before her and Carlin wasn't that happy about it, but I could be wrong, of course.

Josie is only close to Katie. Alyssa is not close to anyone except to some middle boys (Warden? Jackson? I don't remember).

Carlin, Erin, Katie and Lawson are outgoing and friendly to all their siblings.

In addition, Josie and Alyssa shared a bedroom because they hated the noise. No wonder why they married young and never looked back!

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Josie is only close to Katie. Alyssa is not close to anyone except to some middle boys (Warden? Jackson? I don't remember).

In addition, Josie and Alyssa shared a bedroom because they hated the noise. No wonder why they married young and never looked back!

I’d marry young too if it was the only way out. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I think GIl and Kelly probably encouraged and did everything that could be for these girls to marry young. If they hadn't married young, they might have left the cult and Gil and Kelly can't have that. 

34 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I’d marry young too if it was the only way out. 

I get that, but it's out of the frying pan, into fire. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Really, how can we know who is close to who?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

Who they pose with on Instagram, who they choose as maid/matron of honor or bridesmaids, who they start a business with are some ways.

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

For example Josie leaves a comment in every single instagram post Katie does. She doesnt do that for any other sibling.

• Upvote 9

14 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Not sure about Alyssa, but it seems like John is really close to Jackson. Kelly Jo mentioned this in her birthday post for John. And IIRC Warden and/or Isaiah spent a longer time with the Websters in Florida a few years back.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

Not sure about Alyssa, but it seems like John is really close to Jackson. Kelly Jo mentioned this in her birthday post for John. And IIRC Warden and/or Isaiah spent a longer time with the Websters in Florida a few years back.

Yes, she has a bond with the 3 middle boys (or some of them. I really cannot tell them apart).

What I see it that nobody seems to have a bond with the 3 youngest girls. Except probably Michaela. Not even Kelly, who rarely does anything with them. It's sad!

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Yes, she has a bond with the 3 middle boys (or some of them. I really cannot tell them apart).

What I see it that nobody seems to have a bond with the 3 youngest girls. Except probably Michaela. Not even Kelly, who rarely does anything with them. It's sad!

When does Kelly ever do anything with any of her children?

• Upvote 6

15 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

When does Kelly ever do anything with any of her children?

When they start courting and getting engaged.  She seems to have all the time in the world for that.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9

On 8/16/2020 at 2:17 PM, indianabones said:

Seems safe to assume all the Bates are going to contract Covid. Gee, never saw that coming!

So far, Carlin, Erin, Whitney, and Zach have admitted to getting it. Who's going to admit to having gotten it next?

• Upvote 9

On 11/24/2020 at 2:36 PM, indianabones said:

So far, Carlin, Erin, Whitney, and Zach have admitted to getting it. Who's going to admit to having gotten it next?

Also Evan. 

• Upvote 7

39 minutes ago, JMO said:

Idle speculation bus but I think Carlin is pregnant. One of the IG pics from today has what looks like a bump.

Someone asked her and here’s her reply.

A856719D-5AE0-4602-8E15-3BFF3025FF67.png

It's an unforgiving fabric. On the other hand she didn't say she wasn't pregnant, only that it's not a baby bump but a Thanksgiving belly.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

Someone asked her and here’s her reply.

A856719D-5AE0-4602-8E15-3BFF3025FF67.png

It's an unforgiving fabric. On the other hand she didn't say she wasn't pregnant, only that it's not a baby bump but a Thanksgiving belly.

Yes but if you look at that same screenshot, one of the comments says that there pictures she posted today are from a shoot that she already posted pics of on October 25th. Plus if you check her stories from today, she’s not even wearing an outfit close to what is in the pics she posted. So she’s at least lying about having a thanksgiving food belly in the pics. I’m not going to speculate if she’s pregnant but her comment is a lie. 

• Upvote 10

Can we please do pregnancy speculation that's not based on women's stomach size?  I'd be 6mo pregnant according to some of y'all. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, JMO said:

Idle speculation bus but I think Carlin is pregnant. One of the IG pics from today has what looks like a bump.

Carlin and Evan posted a video on October 17, 2020, where Evan thought she might be pregnant and she tokk a pregnancy test. It was negative. If she is pregnant, that would mean that she is less than two months pregnant. Most women will have the stomach at 2 months that they had  before the pregnancy. A bump is meaningless.

I get the sense from the constant pregnancy testing that Carlin would like to pregnant again. 

It's also possible they're playing with the timeline. but it's hard to say. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Can we please do pregnancy speculation that's not based on women's stomach size?  I'd be 6mo pregnant according to some of y'all. 

This!  

In 9th grade at school a classmate came up to me in home etc class, asked if I was pregnant and patted my belly.  I was 14!  It was bullying and remains a trigger.  I battle weight, food issues, anxiety, and depression.  My self esteem in junior high, high school and beyond at times didn’t exist.  Every time I see people speculating on a woman’s pregnancy status based on how they look in a photo is something of a trigger to me.  Please stop speculating based on how any of these women appear.  Yes, I know that they are in a Christian Cult who see,s to worship fertility and fecundity, but that doesn’t mean we need to judge and speculate in appearance.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 11

7 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

So those pics were first posted Oct 25, and they were by a pro  photographer who has done multiple shoots for Carlin and Evan: https://www.instagram.com/dariankaiaphotography/

And who also did a photo shoot for Josiah and Lauren Duggar: https://www.instagram.com/p/CHWSRr5pn5u/  and Joy and Austin: https://www.instagram.com/p/CGQ2u0WJwmN/ AND Kelton and Josie: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFYD8nMJSR1/

And also this photo shoot for Carlin and Evan in May: https://www.instagram.com/p/CABgrtxplI-/

And their wedding photos:  https://www.instagram.com/p/B_8cYk_J3Ei/

• Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic