IGNORED

Carlin, Evan, and Layla Rae 8: Vlogging On YouTube

GreyhoundFan

On 1/13/2021 at 8:34 AM, EmiSue said:

So Carlin posted a bunch of random pics in her stories, including a pic of all the Bateses taken when all the smaller families did pics with Taryn. Two interesting bits:

1. Travis and Esther are in the pic, but I don't see Tiffany.

2. Tori's family wasn't there. Covid? 

Screenshot_20210113-083103.jpg

They went to visit Bobby's family in Florida for Christmas. Bobby's sister Cat and her husband Aaron posted some pics of their Xmas get together. I can't share them here because Cat and Aaron both have private IG's.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

Another Bates “claiming” they are planing to wait. ???!!!! She seems deep in the baby fever I can’t see it happening. 

10736510-2656-4AFC-89D3-7B0C6F1721A3.png

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Can I just say I'm 17 weeks and my bump is like twice as big as hers in 22 weeks (granted it's my 2nd but first time it was bigger too) and now I feel abnormally huge lol. But also, these girls carry quite small.

Based on her sly answer, I bet she's already pregnant. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 4

13 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Can I just say I'm 17 weeks and my bump is like twice as big as hers in 22 weeks (granted it's my 2nd but first time it was bigger too) and now I feel abnormally huge lol. But also, these girls carry quite small.

If it makes you feel any better, I feel like my bump is bigger than hers at 22 weeks and I'm not even pregnant, just post-lunch ?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 23
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, freethemall said:

She would be due this year if she was already pregnant. if she falls in a couple of months time she will be early next year for a due date. 

• Upvote 5

There’s no way Carlin would just casually reveal that she’s over halfway through with a pregnancy. She and Evan LOVE to make a big show of things. If she were 22 weeks pregnant we would already have seen announcement posts, speculation on the sex, a reveal of the sex and name, bump pics (alone and with Whitney), and a half dozen YouTube videos about how she found out, how she told Evan, them telling their families, simikiaraties and differences between this pregnancy and her last, cravings, morning sickness, and pregnancy fashion. 

Pregancies are second only to weddings in terms of content and attention in their world, and you better believe CarVan will milk it for all it’s worth. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 11

3 hours ago, freethemall said:

Everyone carries differently - and even between pregnancies for the same person! With my first I had the ‘you must be due soon’ comments from 25 weeks but with my second I constantly heard ‘you’re not very big yet’ ?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

There’s no way Carlin would just casually reveal that she’s over halfway through with a pregnancy. She and Evan LOVE to make a big show of things. If she were 22 weeks pregnant we would already have seen announcement posts, speculation on the sex, a reveal of the sex and name, bump pics (alone and with Whitney), and a half dozen YouTube videos about how she found out, how she told Evan, them telling their families, simikiaraties and differences between this pregnancy and her last, cravings, morning sickness, and pregnancy fashion. 

Pregancies are second only to weddings in terms of content and attention in their world, and you better believe CarVan will milk it for all it’s worth. 

That picture is from the 1st pregnancy with Layla. However, we know these attention hungry fundies love skewing the truth so the guess was that this was her trying to be coy but certainly not announcing anything.

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Another Bates “claiming” they are planing to wait. ???!!!! She seems deep in the baby fever I can’t see it happening. 

10736510-2656-4AFC-89D3-7B0C6F1721A3.png

So, here's the thing. She's not so much claiming "planning to wait" as that she's claiming they don't PLAN on getting pregnant.
This does not mean in any way whatsoever that they don't have unprotected sex. I don't expect any fundy to use any kind of protection unless they actually literally say they do (like Jill and Derek).
In their eyes "planning" most likely means actively praying to god if he'll bless them with a pregnancy, while "not planning" means just having unprotected sex without actively praying for a blessing. Hence their "surprise" when they find themselves pregnant while, in their eyes, they weren't actively trying. (In my eyes, barring fertility issues, if you're having unprotected sex you're trying. But that's not how they think the world works.)

Edited by Marly
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

On 1/13/2021 at 2:34 PM, EmiSue said:

So Carlin posted a bunch of random pics in her stories, including a pic of all the Bateses taken when all the smaller families did pics with Taryn. Two interesting bits:

1. Travis and Esther are in the pic, but I don't see Tiffany.

2. Tori's family wasn't there. Covid? 

Screenshot_20210113-083103.jpg

Who is the girl next to Erin?

The first girl from the left.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

That’s Ellie

She looks at least 16 or 17 as far as I can see.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, raayx01 said:

I think if Carlin was pregnant right now Evan would have not agreed to get a dog

These assholes got a dog?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

I believe they were TALKING about a dog in their YT vlog.  Evan only wants one because he's 'bored.'  Carlin really wants one - for Layla. 

My personal opinion is Layla is more mature than her parents are right now.

• Upvote 14
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

I believe they were TALKING about a dog in their YT vlog.  Evan only wants one because he's 'bored.'  Carlin really wants one - for Layla. 

My personal opinion is Layla is more mature than her parents are right now.

Yeah, wanting a pet to entertain your baby (and I suspect take cute pictures). That is a good premise to get an animal into your household. ?

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

On 1/18/2021 at 1:27 PM, becky_m2001 said:

They went to visit Bobby's family in Florida for Christmas. Bobby's sister Cat and her husband Aaron posted some pics of their Xmas get together. I can't share them here because Cat and Aaron both have private IG's.

Spent an embarrassing amount of time trying to understand why the cat had a husband and an ig.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

9 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

She looks at least 16 or 17 as far as I can see.

She has started to wear a lot of makeup and that ages her, but she is only 13.

• Upvote 2

If CarVan get a dog it will bite Layla in the face. That is my strong prediction given how idiotic and Instagram-happy they are. They'll never stop her from pulling ears or trying to sit on or ride it when a cute picture could be had.  I'd bite, too.

I despise these people.

• Upvote 8

I just watched their latest vlog...it was a challenge were Evan took care of Layla on his own for a whole day. Pretty ridiculous to make taking care of your own daughter a challenge. He claims he helps a lot and is such a good husband but it was clear in this video he has no idea where any of the clothes or baby stuff is, so he is not actually helping much.

I was surprised that Layla still wakes up during the night to breastfeed at almost 1 year old. Safe to say Carlin is not into the babywise method like her sisters.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 8

51 minutes ago, llucie said:

I was surprised that Layla still wakes up during the night to breastfeed at almost 1 year old. Safe to say Carlin is not into the babywise method like her sisters.

Thank goodness, this is probably the first time Carlin has shown some common sense.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 6

8 hours ago, llucie said:

was surprised that Layla still wakes up during the night to breastfeed at almost 1 year old. Safe to say Carlin is not into the babywise method like her sisters

Erin used to co-sleep with Carson and Brooklyn. Not sure if she sleeptrained them, but if she did, maybe she was flexible?

There are pictures of Kelton co-sleeping, too. And Josie talked about waking up a lot for the baby. Not sure if training was involved or if it started later.

I think not all of them are following the same rules. Different personalities, different husbands, etc. Some of them surely are raising kids in a hard way, but others may be softer. 

• Upvote 8

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic