IGNORED

Carlin, Evan, and Layla Rae 8: Vlogging On YouTube

GreyhoundFan

10 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Can we please do pregnancy speculation that's not based on women's stomach size?  I'd be 6mo pregnant according to some of y'all. 

For real! I'm AM currently pregnant but it's still early (almost 11w) but between it being my second  baby and having gained some weight before getting pregnant....then you add in the bloating and general just "eating whatever I can stomach" - it's getting increasingly harder to hide!! My sister has been grilling me for a couple of weeks now and of course I keep telling her I'm not pregnant. I will never understand why people feel the need to comment on this kind of stuff. I mean do they REALLY expect the person to come back and be like "well thanks for asking, actually I AM pregnant". No!!! I'm about to have a 'come to Jesus' with my sister about how inappropriate it is to grill people. She's 21 and obviously is not in that stage of life - but she knows my past history with loss so you'd think she'd know better! 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 13

I'll be 33 weeks pregnant on Tuesday and we never announced our pregnancy except to family, close friends, and my coworkers because there are restrictions on my physical abilities (no wrestling 200lb mastiffs, sorry). My husband did tell the people at the gas station after he found out because he was so excited, but whatever.  There are a lot of people I can tell would like to say something but so far only a few strangers have - one at the liquor store when I was there with my husband and one at the lab when I was getting blood pulled. Let them wonder, I'm not obligated to satisfy their curiosity. And I definitely am not carrying small.

I waited to announce because I have at least one friend I know of dealing with fertility issues (as I did), but now it's just laziness. I haven't got the mental clarity to type out a thoughtful announcement so I haven't done so. Maybe I'll just surprise everyone with a baby at some point.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 11

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2020 at 10:46 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Maybe I'll just surprise everyone with a baby at some point.

Mindy Kaling did that so go for it. 

• Upvote 7

On 11/29/2020 at 8:46 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:Maybe I'll just surprise everyone with a baby at some point.

That’s what I did for my last baby. Obviously people I saw every day knew I was pregnant but no one other than immediate family or close friends knew. When she was born I posted a photo of the three kids with the caption “Then there were three.” My aunts and uncles about had a heart attack. They literally had no idea. I had my reasons to not announce but honestly, the shock value was kind of worth it alone. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 15
  • Love 2

Does anyone want to watch their “assumptions” video? I’m guessing it’s all superficial and not “I assume you think gay people shouldn’t be allowed to get married” or “I assume you think women shouldn’t be plumbers because they’ll go to hell.” They are getting pretty worldly with their content — mukbangs are all the rage with YouTubers. 

• Upvote 2

I watched it. It was superficial dreck. They didn't tackle any real issues other than say they plan to homeschool and are glad they were raised in Christian homes. Too many ads to skip! 

Horrible vlog.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

Also lots of scarfing McDonald’s food.  Carlin Complaining about the McRib (and spitting it out).  Carlin hyping some organic baby snuggler thing.  She did say about 6 was the number of kids she thought she could handle.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

12 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

Does anyone want to watch their “assumptions” video? I’m guessing it’s all superficial and not “I assume you think gay people shouldn’t be allowed to get married” or “I assume you think women shouldn’t be plumbers because they’ll go to hell.” They are getting pretty worldly with their content — mukbangs are all the rage with YouTubers. 

I watched and yes it was all superficial. She keept praising her family: she had the best childhood, her parents are the best, being a christian is the best thing, etc.

Only interesting thing they shared was that she would like to have 6 kids max and will probably homeschool.

I did find it funny that when talking about all the youtube channels they watch she mentioned Jessas and Joys channels, but nothing for Jill lol.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, llucie said:

I watched and yes it was all superficial. She keept praising her family: she had the best childhood, her parents are the best, being a christian is the best thing, etc.

Only interesting thing they shared was that she would like to have 6 kids max and will probably homeschool.

I did find it funny that when talking about all the youtube channels they watch she mentioned Jessas and Joys channels, but nothing for Jill lol.

Will any of the kids not homeschool, I thought maybe Whitney, but Bradley's already in school and it looks like their homeschooling, and Kelton went to private school, but only because his mom died.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

Will any of the kids not homeschool, I thought maybe Whitney, but Bradley's already in school and it looks like their homeschooling, and Kelton went to private school, but only because his mom died.

It will be easier for them to make that decision if one of them would be the front runner. Same with the wearing pants. Alyssa did it first in their family and others (not all) have followed suit. I think Josie and Kelton might consider it based on their previous actions. They seem to relish a bit of that independence. They aren't completely rejecting her family, but they have made some decisions and not necessarily included her family in on the decision making. She's not joined in on the Bates Sisters Boutique other than occasional modeling and has been running her own business with her friend. I don't know how successful that is, but it won't be easy as Willow and any that follow get older and she has to balance teaching and business with being wife/mother. 

Alyssa has too much pressure from her father in law and her own parents to be the one to give up the idea of homeschooling. Tori's got to show the value of that Crown education somehow. Erin's too far into the whole idea of being the Bates 2.0 and being the perfect wife and mother. Carlin's probably already planning her video blogs and Instagram posts that show her telling Layla and other kids how cute they are as they count things or color. Whitney might crack after she has to deal with four or more. Right now only Bradley and Kaci (I think) are the age for school. Tori's helping sort of and Bradley seems to be very well behaved and ready for it. If she ends up with a wild child who won't sit or do as told, she will probably be having a talk with Zach. 

• Upvote 11

I agree. I think Josie is the most likely one to do it. Isn’t she the only one with a non-homeschooled husband? And if Josie does it, I think Whitney will quickly follow suit. Erin and Tori will never not homeschool. Sadly, likely not Alyssa either. Carlin is a toss-up. 

• Upvote 6

14 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Tori's helping sort of and Bradley seems to be very well behaved and ready for it. If she ends up with a wild child who won't sit or do as told, she will probably be having a talk with Zach

Bradley and Kaci are very well behaved. Is it natural or have them been beaten/trained? Zach talked about training babies when Whit was pregnant with Bradley, and we all know what "training" means for fundies. Anyway, if they have a difficult child, they won't find the solution in any school, but in harder trainings and prayers.

I can see Whitney getting tired of homeschool and looking for a Christian school, but only for HER well-being. But private schools are expensive and a police officer does not earn too much. I doubt they put kids in a public school, considering the "ungodly" things Whit learned there and the "ungodly" families that enrol children there.

At these point, only Josie may send kids to a school. But her friends seem to be homeschooling moms, so she may decide to be as everybody else.  Kelton went to a school but there was no option, because he hadn't a mom and dad was working. Balkas may be as homeschool obsessed as Bates.

Re.Carlin, if she now says she can manage 6, instead of the 20 she wanted, it's because she's realising mothering is not easy. I don't see Josie or Carlin with a big quiver, especially now that Alyssa is so open about deciding her family size. 

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Bradley and Kaci are very well behaved. Is it natural or have them been beaten/trained? Zach talked about training babies when Whit was pregnant with Bradley, and we all know what "training" means for fundies. Anyway, if they have a difficult child, they won't find the solution in any school, but in harder trainings and prayers.

I can see Whitney getting tired of homeschool and looking for a Christian school, but only for HER well-being. But private schools are expensive and a police officer does not earn too much. I doubt they put kids in a public school, considering the "ungodly" things Whit learned there and the "ungodly" families that enrol children there.

At these point, only Josie may send kids to a school. But her friends seem to be homeschooling moms, so she may decide to be as everybody else.  Kelton went to a school but there was no option, because he hadn't a mom and dad was working. Balkas may be as homeschool obsessed as Bates.

Re.Carlin, if she now says she can manage 6, instead of the 20 she wanted, it's because she's realising mothering is not easy. I don't see Josie or Carlin with a big quiver, especially now that Alyssa is so open about deciding her family size. 

I think we need to wait until the pandemic is over to see what Whitney does. I’m not sure how public school is going there but most of the school districts in Missouri are doing virtual learning. She may see virtual learning being just as hard as home schooling. I’m surprised she hasn’t put Bradley in school. Whitney herself went to public school. It’s not all bad. 
I remember when I wanted to be a teacher, I was still home schooled and in the 7th or 8th grade. My mon was trying to convince me to home school my kids so I could be a teacher. I flat out told her no. I hated being home schooled. And since before I started school I wanted to go out for school like the kids on the tv did. Home schooling is not for everyone and when done right it takes a lot of work. It’s a full time job, especially if you have several kids. 
I hope, for the sake of the kids, if they do home school that they allow them to attend a co-op. 

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I think we need to wait until the pandemic is over to see what Whitney does. I’m not sure how public school is going there but most of the school districts in Missouri are doing virtual learning. She may see virtual learning being just as hard as home schooling. I’m surprised she hasn’t put Bradley in school. Whitney herself went to public school. It’s not all bad. 
I remember when I wanted to be a teacher, I was still home schooled and in the 7th or 8th grade. My mon was trying to convince me to home school my kids so I could be a teacher. I flat out told her no. I hated being home schooled. And since before I started school I wanted to go out for school like the kids on the tv did. Home schooling is not for everyone and when done right it takes a lot of work. It’s a full time job, especially if you have several kids. 
I hope, for the sake of the kids, if they do home school that they allow them to attend a co-op. 

They homeschool with videos. Children are "learning" quietly, with their earphones. Many fundies have also mandatory quiet time, in addition to looong sleeping patterns (Alyssa puts the girls on bed incredibly early so she can have free time). I think being a homeschooling mom is way easier for them than for any of us. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

They homeschool with videos. Children are "learning" quietly, with their earphones. Many fundies have also mandatory quiet time, in addition to looong sleeping patterns (Alyssa puts the girls on bed incredibly early so she can have free time). I think being a homeschooling mom is way easier for them than for any of us. 

What they are doing isn’t home schooling then. They are supposed to be teaching their kids and helping with their education not having them watch “class” all day. It’s lazy parenting and home schooling. I guess it’s better than nothing. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

Well it would be illegal to do nothing. But virtual school with an actual group of kids and a teacher would be an improvement on this disaster. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

On 12/14/2020 at 7:33 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Last I heard Alyssa said she didn't believe in birth control or family planning or something like that, and that she doesn't want to have more kids. I'm not sure anything will change. I expect number #5 by July of 2022.  

That being said I think it's wonderful if these young couples want to scale down their families.  I think it will be better for them and their children in the long run. There are many downsides to the quiverfull lifestyle. I hope they're being serious about this and maybe even questioning  the beliefs they were raised with.  

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Last I heard Alyssa said she didn't believe in birth control or family planning or something like that, and that she doesn't want to have more kids. I'm not sure anything will change. I expect number #5 by July of 2022.  

That being said I think it's wonderful if these young couples want to scale down their families.  I think it will be better for them and their children in the long run. There are many downsides to the quiverfull lifestyle. I hope they're being serious about this and maybe even questioning  the beliefs they were raised with.  

She said she does not use birth control (which is either an obvious lie or she has abstained for two years). But she didn't said she didn't believe in birth control, just that she wasn't using it. The only way she can stop having kids is abstaining, tube ligation/vasectomy or a birth control system. And she knows it. 

• Upvote 6

Maybe Carlin's on something in there most recent video she wasn't pregnant or if she was she didn't know, now I know sometimes fundies lie about this because they have an announcement soon, but she seemed legit. Which is supposing because I thought she might have a second before Josie did, and after Josie's miscarriage I was definitely sure she was going to have 2 first maybe by the summer of next year.

• Upvote 1

This week’s vlog involved decorating the tree.  A “rat” got into a tub of decorations and left droppings.  Carlin flipped out.  

They have sold their sofas and the entertainment center so most of the living room furniture is gone.  Expect the replacement/redecorating in a future episode.

Carlin spent days baking orange slices to go on the tree.

She also made salt dough to do hand/footprint ornaments with.  The WTF moment was when she missed it up sitting in the kitchen floor.  Then rolled out and made the ornaments in the floor so we were treated to a high speed segment of the, cleaning the mess made in the kitchen floor.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

On 12/14/2020 at 7:33 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Whitney seems to have a more natural relationship with Kaci and Bradley than Erin, Alyssa, Josie, Tori, or Carlin have with their kids. She seems to actually talk to them and have conversations at their level. While the Bates girls comment on how cute their kids are or something to that end. Carlin is forever saying to Layla, "You're so cute."

In the episode where Erin brings the basket over to Whitney during the lock down, Whitney plays a game with the children and comments how much better they are getting at it. She asks them questions and doesn't seem to be meeting her own children for the first time. Even back when she was pregnant with Kaci and they got Chad to make the toddler bed, she was showing Bradley is new bedding and telling him that B was the first letter in his name. She helped him trace it with his finger. Now with Khloe she seems to be interacting with her and asking questions and giving cues to her as though mimicking a conversation. 

I think that her interactions with the kids are somewhat more natural and less fundy. Maybe it helps that she wasn't raised the same way as the Bates. I could be wrong, but I think Zach's early use of the word train or training was simply a lack of his a more expansive vocabulary. He tends to use the word "raise" now more than "train."

I don't think public school would be the solution if they had a child who was more challenging. I simply think Whitney might recognize it before some of the Bates girls. I don't think she is the most likely to have the breakdown at 7 or 8 kids and need medication and therapy. I could see her sitting Zach down and saying, "I can't do this any longer. We have to figure something out."

I'll be curious how things go with #4. I'm hoping that Erin and Carlin are putting in more time at the boutique because they did not come off well this last season or so. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

This is total BEC on my part. I know people need to find joy where they can right now, and I know Carlin and her Instagramfam were sick with COVID earlier in the year.

But-- as I see them driving around in their matching Reindeer onesies--I think, couldn't you do something better with your money?? There are so many people hurting, and businesses suffering, in our communities right now.  Buying some made in China novelty wear that will only be worn a couple of times seems so frivolous to me. This is the season of giving.

When was the last time Carlin and Evan showed themselves doing something for others? 

PS Wow, didn't expect a "F**K You" as my first reaction from FJ to this. Year 2020, you've been a hell of a ride.  Wishing a calm and healthy holiday season to all.

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 11
  • Fuck You 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

35 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

This is total BEC on my part. I know people need to find joy where they can right now, and I know Carlin and her Instagramfam were sick with COVID earlier in the year.

But-- as I see them driving around in their matching Reindeer onesies--I think, couldn't you do something better with your money?? There are so many people hurting, and businesses suffering, in our communities right now.  Buying some made in China novelty wear that will only be worn a couple of times seems so frivolous to me. This is the season of giving.

When was the last time Carlin and Evan showed themselves doing something for others? 

I totally agree with the outfits, though for different reasons, there a waist of money and aren't they both in there middle twenties, i get irritated when high schoolers dress up like this, it''s one thing for Layla to wear it but they couldn't just buy some normal red or plaid pajamas , especially when your only wearing them to go driving for Christmas lights 

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic