IGNORED

Carlin, Evan, and Layla Rae 8: Vlogging On YouTube

GreyhoundFan

On 12/24/2020 at 11:12 PM, SorenaJ said:

Remember that Carlin has the critical thinking skills of a 3-year old. 

I can not get past their immaturity level. They’re literally like 2 14 YOs, and I’m being honest and literal in my assessment. I can’t believe that those 2 are responsible for a child. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I can not get past their immaturity level. They’re literally like 2 14 YOs, and I’m being honest and literal in my assessment. I can’t believe that those 2 are responsible for a child. 

And a child with health problems to boot. Poor Layla.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

@HereticHick maybe someone really loves reindeer onesies and you insulted their family tradition?

It's their money and they can do what they want, but these two really do come across as shallow and selfish all the time.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

@HereticHick maybe someone really loves reindeer onesies and you insulted their family tradition?

It's their money and they can do what they want, but these two really do come across as shallow and selfish all the time.

I've read that a significant amount of people (not Arctic-adjacent people, obviously) believe reindeer are imaginary creatures, like unicorns.  I feel certain that CarVan  are 2 of these people.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 13

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I've read that a significant amount of people (not Arctic-adjacent people, obviously) believe reindeer are imaginary creatures, like unicorns.  I feel certain that CarVan  are 2 of these people.

I am ashamed to say it but I was one of those people. My husband and I definitely laugh about it now. I don’t know what the heck happened in my upbringing but I really thought that reindeer were like unicorns ?‍♀️ And I only learned the truth as an adult.  

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

I noticed that https://www.instagram.com/dariankaiaphotography/, who is based in LA and has done a number of Duggar & Bates photoshoots, commented "See you soon" on a Carlin post several days ago, and Carlin replied "I can't wait, so pumped!"

I believe that photographer did a photoshoot for CarVan in October. 

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I noticed that https://www.instagram.com/dariankaiaphotography/, who is based in LA and has done a number of Duggar & Bates photoshoots, commented "See you soon" on a Carlin post several days ago, and Carlin replied "I can't wait, so pumped!"

I believe that photographer did a photoshoot for CarVan in October. 

I smell Baby announcement 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

Josie is carefully shielding her belly and wearing looser tops.  Also, willow is 18 months old which is sufficient timing even if she waited a year between babies to stop preventing. 

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1

57 minutes ago, PurpleCats said:

Josie is carefully shielding her belly and wearing looser tops.  Also, willow is 18 months old which is sufficient timing even if she waited a year between babies to stop preventing. 

She did have a miscarriage about 8 months ago. They may end up waiting for a while because of that. 

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, PurpleCats said:

She didnt wait though, she had a miscarriage in the summer they were very sad about and they have probably been trying to get pregnant again this whole time.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Carvan probably wants a whole photo shoot for Layla's first birthday.   every day

Fixed that for you. ?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Carvan probably wants a whole photo shoot for Layla's first birthday. 

This wouldn’t surprise me. My SIL, who reminds me a lot of Carlin, is obsessed with getting photoshoots of my niece and does them every chance she can. She did birth photos, three month, six month, and 1 year photos all in the last year and did two maternity shoots while pregnant last year. She also buys a new $50-100 outfit for her and the baby for each shoot. I honestly have no idea how she has the money for so many shoots since most photographers around here charge $200-300 bucks for an hour of photography. But they, both Carlin and my SIL, are trying to be influencer moms and create a brand for their families and this seems to be the way to do it despite how attention seeking it looks. I honestly wonder what Carlin would do if social media platforms didn’t exist. 

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 2

Some of the photogs in my area have a special first year package plan. It includes maternity shots, hospital shots, and several throughout the first year. I think it does save you money compared to paying for a pro each of those times, but they’re over $1000. 

With bateseses, even if they only did pro shoots for pregnancy announcements, sex reveal, maternity, newborn, 6 months and 12 months, they’d still have a shoot basically every month. Plus they do shoots for courtposals and engagements and anniversaries. 

they have such a focus on physical appearance, it’s pretty gross. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

My poor kid. I do photos whenever I find one on sale. I don’t want to be an influencer. I just like pretty photos and memories. I would say not including Santa and school photos she has at least one to two photo sessions a year. I think if I had changing seasons as dramatically as northern hemisphere I would be doing photo shoots a lot more lol. Those snow pics were pretty. 
I did get some “fall” looking pictures of my girl this year. Taken in the height of our Aussie winter. She still could wear a summery long sleeve dress lol. 

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, theotherelise said:

they have such a focus on physical appearance, it’s pretty gross. 

I know. What would they do if they had a child with severe learning disabilities that didn't fit into their perfect aesthetics? 

• Upvote 7

45 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

I know. What would they do if they had a child with severe learning disabilities that didn't fit into their perfect aesthetics? 

Instagram is full of pictures of children like that. They even have their own tags and hastags. I'm sure Carlin would post a lot about that baby, highlighting how blessed they are for the special child. I'm not being ironic, just realistic. Carlin is so immature, but I think she would love whatever baby she had (despite being overwhelmed). In addition, in instagram-world her attention-seeker behaviour is so normal.

• Upvote 8

21 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Does a learning disability  show up in photos? My friend has a son with severe dyslexia and you could never tell by looking at him.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

Does a learning disability  show up in photos? My friend has a son with severe dyslexia and you could never tell by looking at him.

I realise that definitions might be different in different countries. 

In the UK, dyslexia is classified as a specific learning difficulty, meaning that someone has problems in particular aspects of learning. The most common ones are dyslexia, dyspraxia, AD(H)D, dyscalculia and dysgraphia. 

Severe learning disabilities (or profound) could include genetic disorders such as Angelman Syndrome, Rett's Syndrome, Patau's Syndrome, Edward's Syndrome etc. etc. I don't actually know which are the most common, I suppose a severe learning disability could also arise from not getting enough oxygen during birth, without it necessarily being a genetic disorder. I am certainly no expert. 

In the UK the term learning disability might change to intellectual disability, which I understand is the term used in the USA.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

16 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

In the UK the term learning disability might change to intellectual disability, which I understand is the term used in the USA.

In the U.S, generally speaking,  an intellectual deisability describes below-average IQ and a lack of skills needed for daily living, e.g. cooking, cleaning, hygiene, mobility, doing anything independently, etc. A learning disability refers to weaknesses in academic skills. Reading, writing and math are the main ones. Dyslexia is a separate category from a specific learning disability in my school district (there are many different categories). 

"Does a learning disability  show up in photos?" I don't understand the question of a learning disability showing up in photos.  Whatever the type of disability, there are many, they need to be diagnosed by a doctor or psychologist. Often in the U.S. more complex disabilities are addressed in birth to 3 programs, and students continue with services in school. Learning disabilities are typically diagnosed when children are older and in school. If everyone is homeschooling, and they have had a subpar education, they may never notice (or care) if their child is struggling.

Edited by WiseGirl
added text
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

@WiseGirl I think the point of the question is to point out that if it's not obvious to look at the response from various Bateseses may include not addressing it publically or even with the child while "teaching". As long as it doesn't mess with their shiny family image they won't care much. We would never know if anything was less than perfect.

Edited by GuineaPigCourtship
Weird extra words
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

On 12/23/2020 at 10:21 PM, raayx01 said:

I totally agree with the outfits, though for different reasons, there a waist of money and aren't they both in there middle twenties, i get irritated when high schoolers dress up like this, it''s one thing for Layla to wear it but they couldn't just buy some normal red or plaid pajamas , especially when your only wearing them to go driving for Christmas lights 

I do think that Carlin (and Evan but more Carlin) really feels like she really missed out on the dressing up in her childhood and (early) teens.

I feel like the new generation will be less like that since they get dressed up all the time.

Also, anyone else giggled when they saw their latest ‘the future awaits’ photo? Trying to look artsy by staring through a glass door and Layla doing her own thing ? 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Just came here to say, Carlin’s bare-legged in the snow photo shoot is so very extra. Combined with the pressed against the glass photos, I just can’t. Some of her siblings’ photos often feel over the top, but Carlin is in her own category. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic