IGNORED

Carlin, Evan, and Layla Rae 8: Vlogging On YouTube

GreyhoundFan

On 1/24/2021 at 12:32 AM, llucie said:

He claims he helps a lot and is such a good husband but it was clear in this video he has no idea where any of the clothes or baby stuff is, so he is not actually helping much.

I literally cannot imagine having a baby and not knowing where their clothes were. Like WTF kind of experience of parenting do these fundie fathers have?? 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

Maybe it was an act to make for good entertainment.  I don't know but for someone reason people seem to find the idea of a helpless father funny.

• Upvote 7

On 1/18/2021 at 3:47 PM, freethemall said:

Can I just say I'm 17 weeks and my bump is like twice as big as hers in 22 weeks (granted it's my 2nd but first time it was bigger too) and now I feel abnormally huge lol. But also, these girls carry quite small.

Based on her sly answer, I bet she's already pregnant. 

Girl, same! I'm 19w and more than double that size! There's a small part of me that is jealous of tiny girls that stay so little while I feel like a walking blimp. Then I try to remind myself that pregnancy is that one time where you can just freely not worry about your stomach size...and then I remember to embrace it! 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

Who on earth wants a useless partner? My husband has always been my rock, even more now following the birth of our daughter (one week old today!). I can't put into words how deeply I love watching him care for her. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 22

16 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Who on earth wants a useless partner? My husband has always been my rock, even more now following the birth of our daughter (one week old today!). I can't put into words how deeply I love watching him care for her. 

I agree! My husband had little to no experience with kids/babies other than our best friends kids. Even still he's never felt super comfortable or natural with babies. He also tends to have a sensitive stomach (vomit, blood, guts, etc REALLY freak him out) so I won't lie, I was a bit worried how he might adjust. He turned out to be the real MVP of our family. He jumped in literally from day 1 in the hospital. I ended up with a c-section and he basically did everything for first couple of weeks....all the cooking, cleaning, diaper changes, washing my pump parts, etc. Even still he's a very hands on dad and when a lot of people say kids put stress on their marriage, the birth of our first actually brought us a lot closer together. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 4

@LillyP same story here with the csection. I'm recovering quickly, but he would still be doing everything plus holding her so I can sleep if I hadn't insisted on helping. With the pandemic he wasn't able to be part of anything official leading up to her birth, but luckily the bond was instantaneous.

Hearing your story from down the road makes me relieved.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

On 1/28/2021 at 6:53 AM, lumpentheologie said:

I literally cannot imagine having a baby and not knowing where their clothes were. Like WTF kind of experience of parenting do these fundie fathers have?? 

I worked with a lady whose husband did not know where their kid’s elementary school was. When the kid missed the bus, he called my co-worker to find out the name and location of the school. This was pre Internet days and the kid was in Kindergarten. I do know that the school was in the next town over, so not really in Their neighborhood. Now my husband could not have told you where the kids’ pediatrician was or maybe even his name.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1

New video from Evan and Carlin yt channel. Layla 1st covid spread event! ups i mean birthday party.

First they were in a restaurant with Evans family (nobody is wearing mask, and by nobody i mean not only then and their family but no one in the entire place) when suddenly Joy-Anna appears and surprises her. Carlin tells us that because of Covid they have decided to rent out a restaurant for the next day party so it is only close friends and family there. Whats the point of that, i wonder, if they were already in a restaurant that was open to the public the day before. Anyway Josiah and Lauren Duggar are there. Lauren came to help with the party decorations, she is the new Sierra it seems. Her decorations do look good, but probably not the best idea to travel to another state to organize a 1 year old birthday party in the middle of a pandemic. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 6

3 hours ago, llucie said:

New video from Evan and Carlin yt channel. Layla 1st covid spread event! ups i mean birthday party.

First they were in a restaurant with Evans family (nobody is wearing mask, and by nobody i mean not only then and their family but no one in the entire place) when suddenly Joy-Anna appears and surprises her. Carlin tells us that because of Covid they have decided to rent out a restaurant for the next day party so it is only close friends and family there. Whats the point of that, i wonder, if they were already in a restaurant that was open to the public the day before. Anyway Josiah and Lauren Duggar are there. Lauren came to help with the party decorations, she is the new Sierra it seems. Her decorations do look good, but probably not the best idea to travel to another state to organize a 1 year old birthday party in the middle of a pandemic. 

I need a ''roll-eyes'' reaction when I read stuff like this. *sigh*. ?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 10

Layla's interactions with Evie are as such that Carlin would say "she's not ready for a baby sister"..........Another step in the pregnancy speculation, huh?

• Upvote 3

IMHO this whole birthday party is totally over the top, especially since we are living in a pandemic.

But damn I have to say one positive thing: How stinking cute is Layla?? Her parents are really really immature and annoying, but she is just the sweetest little girl. And her squishy legs are so adorable.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, ophelia said:

IMHO this whole birthday party is totally over the top, especially since we are living in a pandemic.

I will never understand shelling out hundreds, maybe even thousands of dollars for an infant’s birthday party. The child doesn’t understand what is going on and the party is really more for the adults present than the kid. I know it has to do with the rise of social media and making every event Instagram worthy, but I think it’s crazy. My niece turned 1 in December and my SIL spent $1000 on the party to rent out a space and have decorations everywhere. She even bought a fire pit for s’mores for the adults. Oh and just like Layla’s party, no one wore masks. My husband and I kept ours on the whole time and got weird looks from everyone and even my SIL was like “You know you don’t have to wear those here, no one cares.” Well we cared and we stayed as safe as possible while still celebrating my niece!

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 2

All the first birthday parties for one year olds I attended so far looked something like this:

Coffee and cake for the adults, muffins or something for the birthday kid and all the other kids, apple juice or maybe even some limonade (for older kids) as a treat. Baby gets presents, but is mostly interested in ripping apart the wrapping paper and playing with it afterwards.

Adults open a bottle of sparkling wine and guests raise their glasses in honor of the birthday kid and its parents.

Always enjoyed these afternoons and damn I miss getting together with my friends and their families.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 4

On 31/1/2021 at 6:40 AM, BullyJBG said:

Layla's interactions with Evie are as such that Carlin would say "she's not ready for a baby sister"..........Another step in the pregnancy speculation, huh?

Or a good excuse to use birth control!

19 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I will never understand shelling out hundreds, maybe even thousands of dollars for an infant’s birthday party. The child doesn’t understand what is going on and the party is really more for the adults present than the kid. I know it has to do with the rise of social media and making every event Instagram worthy, but I think it’s crazy. My niece turned 1 in December and my SIL spent $1000 on the party to rent out a space and have decorations everywhere. She even bought a fire pit for s’mores for the adults. 

I suppose it all depends on your finances or priorities or tastes. I would never ever spend $1000 in a birthday party, but for others it is worth it because they really enjoy luxuries. Maybe my $300 birthday parties are critisized by people who just organises a picnic in a park with a supermarket cake and a couple balloons. IMO all options are good and little children don't really care.

Anyway, 1st birthday party isn't for the kid. No matter if it's a little party with the immediate family or a big one. It's basically a celebration for adults. And it's fine! Like giving Christmas presents to a baby or taking the baby to a fancy vacation... It is parents who enjoy the experience, not the baby itself, but that does not invalidate the joy.

I agree that Instagram push people to spend too much money and time in fancy activities. And some expenses/decorations are over the top! I'm happy my kids don't have IG and don't ask for megaparties.

Edited by Melissa1977
Add information
  • Upvote 14

What would we consider milestone bdays? Turning 1, 13, 16, 20 or 21, 30, 40, etc. Some people go ALL out for certain ages. When a baby turns 1 I'm a sucker for messy cake faces. I absolutely hated my 16th bday cookout I didn't even want. It was Ma's idea. Never been a fan of large gatherings. Not shocked at all that Carlin wanted a big bash because we all know she's flashy like that.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

What would we consider milestone bdays? Turning 1, 13, 16, 20 or 21, 30, 40, etc. Some people go ALL out for certain ages. When a baby turns 1 I'm a sucker for messy cake faces. I absolutely hated my 16th bday cookout I didn't even want. It was Ma's idea. Never been a fan of large gatherings. Not shocked at all that Carlin wanted a big bash because we all know she's flashy like that.

I also consider five a big one because it’s the verge of school. 11 will be big for me now cause my daughter is going to Hogwarts. Lol. 
maybe also ten as it’s double digits and also officially a tweenager.  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7

Today’s IG??‍♀️...I wouldn’t leave a 1 year old unattended while I shot an IG video in another   Room. And clean the dirt and likely plant fertilizer out of her mouth before you worry about the floor or bathing her. Carlin is just lacking in common sense. I hope they wait a few years before adding another.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

On 1/30/2021 at 5:45 PM, llucie said:

Well in a lot of restaurants when you sit down to eat you don't have to wear a mask, I work at a restaurant in Texas and that's our rule

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1

On 2/1/2021 at 6:33 PM, SassyPants said:

Today’s IG??‍♀️...I wouldn’t leave a 1 year old unattended while I shot an IG video in another   Room. And clean the dirt and likely plant fertilizer out of her mouth before you worry about the floor or bathing her. Carlin is just lacking in common sense. I hope they wait a few years before adding another.

Oy. Kids just get into things, let's stop with whole "bad selfish mom on her phone" trope (though Carlin's parenting skills may be questionable for many other reasons).

• Upvote 7

22 minutes ago, TheRadleyPorch said:

Oy. Kids just get into things, let's stop with whole "bad selfish mom on her phone" trope (though Carlin's parenting skills may be questionable for many other reasons).

Being on the phone wasn’t the problem, but leaving her unattended and free to roam? Nah, that’s crazy. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Being on the phone wasn’t the problem, but leaving her unattended and free to roam? Nah, that’s crazy. 

I would hardly consider myself a "bad mom" but my child certainly was free to roam, within reason, while I tided up, put away laundry, cooked dinner, etc. We made sure from the get-go our house was child friendly so anything he got into wasn't going to be the end of the world. A little dirt from a plant when mom isn't looking isn't a big deal. Pulling some pots from the cabinet...also not a big deal. Would I leave him for super extended periods of time? Of course not. But to walk a load of laundry into my bedroom, go brush my teeth, finish a phone call in the quiet....sure. It's just not reasonable to expect to have eyes on them 24/7. I'm not a fan of Carlin, and frankly find her super annoying, but these are the kinds of comments that just feed into the mom-shaming stigma that literally nothing you do is ever right and people will find fault with anything. Thankfully I'm super secure in my parenting ability and confident I'm doing what's best for my child, but I can absolutely see how people who are insecure feed into these notions that they are never a "good enough" parent - and this is the shit that causes moms to have breakdowns. 

• Upvote 18

Honestly, I just wonder why she would leave that plant on the floor, within Layla's reach, with that white canvas pot thing that makes it even harder to clean, especially considering her statement that "this happens every time". Why not just put the damn thing somewhere else? That's  where the lack of common sense comes in, IMHO. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Honestly, I just wonder why she would leave that plant on the floor, within Layla's reach, with that white canvas pot thing that makes it even harder to clean, especially considering her statement that "this happens every time". Why not just put the damn thing somewhere else? That's  where the lack of common sense comes in, IMHO. 

Yep. If you’re going to let a mobile toddler roam, I’d childproof first. Then again, I was a working mom and didn’t want to spend my limited time at home either away from my little ones or cleaning up more messes than necessary. Now, Carlin’s life as a mom is probably 180 from my experience...

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic