IGNORED

Carlin, Evan, and Layla Rae 8: Vlogging On YouTube

GreyhoundFan

Probably a way to increase 'engagement' of followers.  It's one of those things that companies that want 'influencers' to schill their products look at now - not just the number of followers on social media.

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Is this some sort of medical ID bracelet on her left wrist?

Yes, most likely. She has some health issues. They have had incidents where she has stopped breathing (Carlin talks very openly about it) and it was blamed on reflux and maybe a hole in her heart. They put her in socks that monitor her breathing at night because Carlin was so upset she couldn't sleep. 

• Upvote 9

On 9/28/2020 at 11:53 AM, ophelia said:

She is so adorable. I just hope her immature parents will somehow take good care of her. 

Yes, Layla is a cutie.  Very expressive eyes.  

• Upvote 1

On 9/28/2020 at 11:29 AM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

What's with the caption contests? Lawson just had one. Does anyone really care?

I think it's probably in response to Instagram changing it's algorithm again. I saw some other accounts saying 'likes' no longer make a big part of the math and asking their followers to comment with 6+ words or something and also save posts.

I could never try to be an Instagram influencer. Too much math involved ?

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

This week’s YouTube is the geniuses go tent camping.  Yes, it’s a mess.  

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

I am unable to handle the fact that when Carlin got sick, they decided to separate out into 3 different households (was Evan staying with friends or something? Never clear? Did he interact with others?) INCLUDING handing their kid over to Evan's parents, a household with children of their own, judging by the vlog, and Evan's parents never quarantined Layla or took any precautions? Evan and Carlin are ill, tested positive, and they don't have any precautions? There are little kids with their faces within inches of Layla's, faces all smushed up against the same glass Layla is touching, like are they that dense? What if she had it?

Edited by OrchidBlossom
words missing!
  • Upvote 6

9 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I am unable to handle the fact that when Carlin got sick, they decided to separate out into 3 different households (was Evan staying with friends or something? Never clear? Did he interact with others?) INCLUDING handing their kid over to Evan's parents, a household with children of their own, judging by the vlog, and Evan's parents never quarantined Layla or took any precautions? Evan and Carlin are ill, tested positive, and they don't have any precautions? There are little kids with their faces within inches of Layla's, faces all smushed up against the same glass Layla is touching, like are they that dense? What if she had it?

I think they said that Layla tested negative, which is why they sent her to stay with family. But- I think anyone with half a brain would still be extremely cautious taking in a baby who has just come from a 2 parent COVID positive household. I, personally, would worry about it being a false negative test or the baby getting sick days later, but I guess they didn’t. Evan and Carlin’s actions (along with the family) after being diagnosed seem to line up with how immature we think they are. 

• Upvote 7

They are very immature and I hope that behind the scenes their famiies are trying to maybe talk some sense into theme. For the sake of their child.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, mstee said:

I think they said that Layla tested negative, which is why they sent her to stay with family. But- I think anyone with half a brain would still be extremely cautious taking in a baby who has just come from a 2 parent COVID positive household. I, personally, would worry about it being a false negative test or the baby getting sick days later, but I guess they didn’t. Evan and Carlin’s actions (along with the family) after being diagnosed seem to line up with how immature we think they are. 

Layla was tested AFTER she was at her grandparents.  Meaning Carlin tested positive - they took their child to his parents.  Then Evan got tested (after returning home - and I believe it was near his parents house not near their house).  Then Evan went back - got Carlin, THEN (Yes it is this messy) they both went to pick up Layla after Layla was tested because at that point Evan's was positive.  By the time it was all over at least one of his sister's also tested positive. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Layla was tested AFTER she was at her grandparents.  Meaning Carlin tested positive - they took their child to his parents.  Then Evan got tested (after returning home - and I believe it was near his parents house not near their house).  Then Evan went back - got Carlin, THEN (Yes it is this messy) they both went to pick up Layla after Layla was tested because at that point Evan's was positive.  By the time it was all over at least one of his sister's also tested positive. 

Correct. They sent Layla to his family before she was tested and before anyone his family’s household was tested ?

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, clueliss said:

WOW. Just wow. That’s insane. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

I am not sure about the general opinion in the US but here in the Netherlands it is assumed that small children have only a very small chance of infecting others. Kids under 10 years old are therefore not needed to keep distance and it seems that the smaller the kid, the smaller the chance.

So if they found a way to transfer Layla to the parents without coming in contact themselves (and with cleaning off objects/using gloves after the transfer) I don't think it is such a big risk.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

I am not sure about the general opinion in the US but here in the Netherlands it is assumed that small children have only a very small chance of infecting others. Kids under 10 years old are therefore not needed to keep distance and it seems that the smaller the kid, the smaller the chance.

So if they found a way to transfer Layla to the parents without coming in contact themselves (and with cleaning off objects/using gloves after the transfer) I don't think it is such a big risk.

I haven’t heard any studies about it, but I assumed kids were super spreaders since they don’t understand hand washing and covering coughs etc. But maybe since covid overall seems to be more mild for kids if they do contract if then there isn’t as much concern about them spreading it (less violent coughing and sneezing from the kids to spread it?).  My toddler asks for her mask when we go out since she sees us wearing one so I let her (she’s over 2). Since it’s not a fight with her I figure it can only help. 

27 minutes ago, mstee said:

I haven’t heard any studies about it, but I assumed kids were super spreaders since they don’t understand hand washing and covering coughs etc. But maybe since covid overall seems to be more mild for kids if they do contract if then there isn’t as much concern about them spreading it (less violent coughing and sneezing from the kids to spread it?).  My toddler asks for her mask when we go out since she sees us wearing one so I let her (she’s over 2). Since it’s not a fight with her I figure it can only help. 

At least that is what is being told here, that studies show almost no child to adult spreading happening.
Interesting that the focus of which studies are used is so different worldwide.

This is for instance a (Dutch) graph showing age of source (x) vs infected (y) where you see almost no infections coming from a 0-4 source while the majority of Dutch children goes to daycare.

Patientenparen%20verspreiding%20coronavi

• Upvote 3

Very interesting. 
There was a very large study out of India released about a week ago that has disproven this. Kids can spread to other kids and adults. And can be superspreaders due to their generally mild symptoms 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Grace987 said:

Very interesting. 
There was a very large study out of India released about a week ago that has disproven this. Kids can spread to other kids and adults. And can be superspreaders due to their generally mild symptoms 

I work with kids and teenagers and since it is getting colder we are more and more inside again and although we wear a mask and keep distance I'm kind of scared that I might catch it and even worse spread it unknowingly. Last week a kid (7 years old) fell while playing and cried and of course I got down on my knees and comforted her. So distancing doesn't always work. She and I were wearing a mask though.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4

CDC had a study saying that there is the possibility of spread from child to caregiver. More studies should be conducted because it is not show how much can be applicable but there is record that spread can occur from child to family due to childcare outside the house.

Spoiler

COVIDCHILDCARE.jpg

Edited by candygirl200413
  • Upvote 3

I have a good friend who has been isolating with her family for months. When they can't, they wear masks and socially distance. The daughter (under 10) played outside with other children on the same cul de sac and managed to contract the virus. The child she caught it from gave it to his parents too. Her parents caught it from her. The daughter and husband were both asymptomatic. My friend developed pneumonia and nearly died. She is home from the hospital only to have her daughter begin experiencing the inflammatory reactions that some children are having after being positive for COVID.  

It has certainly opened my eyes to precautions. 

• Sad 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On 10/6/2020 at 12:19 AM, mstee said:

I feel for the family too, I am a single Mum and my biggest worry was/is no one wanting to take care of my child if I get covid in case my child has it. I understand their fears don't get me wrong but it does not lessen my worry. If I was a grandparent and had no comorbidities I would 100 percent step up and take my grandchild. I would also self isolate with her just in case. I can't fault the family for taking her at all. her idiotic parents for putting people at risk, hell yes though.

Edited by AussieKrissy
Ah I should have read the whole thread... The stewarts are idiots also. But my original sentiment does still stand just not with stupid people involved.
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 3

14 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I have a good friend who has been isolating with her family for months. When they can't, they wear masks and socially distance. The daughter (under 10) played outside with other children on the same cul de sac and managed to contract the virus. The child she caught it from gave it to his parents too. Her parents caught it from her. The daughter and husband were both asymptomatic. My friend developed pneumonia and nearly died. She is home from the hospital only to have her daughter begin experiencing the inflammatory reactions that some children are having after being positive for COVID.  

It has certainly opened my eyes to precautions. 

I hope your friends are feeling better soon. Covid gets scarier every month.

• Upvote 3

Carlin posted a Insta Story 45 minutes ago. Isn't that like almost 11:00 where they are? Do these kids not have to get up in the morning? Evan at least has a job. They are at an amusement park or fair and she is trying to convince Evan to go on a ride. Why oh why does she always sound like she's high? Reminds of someone I know who won't take their meds on a regular basis and goes a little manic. Sorry for the rant, but the worst part of this is the two former Covid patients aren't wearing masks. After everything they just went through I just can't with the stupid.

Especially with a baby at home, their gift from God. Do they think they are now immune? 

Edited by Mom to Nell
Added thought
  • Upvote 7
  • WTF 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic