IGNORED

Carlin, Evan, and Layla Rae 8: Vlogging On YouTube

GreyhoundFan

I think at this point, a lot of people are all "Oh well, it's bound to happen. We can't live our lives in a bubble."  I hear this in my circle of younger people, who are not quarantining at all.  I also know a few people who have had it, it was mild, so now, they're like "Whatever, I survived, not that bad."  Even though they are in their 40s.  I think I would be more cavalier about it if I didn't live with my elderly parents.  So a lot of these younger people, just don't care. I know some young people die also, but mostly elderly or people with existing health issues.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

On 8/3/2020 at 12:59 AM, marmalade said:

And Carlin can't wear her mask properly in public. I commented about it on their video. At least Evan pulled the mask up over his nose. 

Wow this has really come back around to the light now knowing that they HAVE caught COVID.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Watching Carlin and Evan I can totally see why Gil and KJ made them wait a bit to get married. Those 2 literally reason/act like 15 year olds. Josie presents as far more mature and grounded. Poor Layla. It seems it’s just 1 issue after another. 

• Upvote 29
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

It seems a lot of the Bates have been pretty quiet in IG lately. Given how little they have practiced social distancing and how often they are at each others homes, there is no way that the rest of the family gets by without many of them contracting COVID. It's dangerous and sad esp since we know so little about long term health effects. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

So it sounds like they have it mild but describe being "out of it"  which makes me think they have the brain fog.  They are being incredibly silent. I'm surprised they're not documentaing the whole time. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Oh please @BeccaGrim don't give them ideas, they are already enough obnoxious, as they are, there is no need they document to us also their entire time with COVID, it could turn out to be nightmare inducing for some of us ? 

• Upvote 11

4 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

So it sounds like they have it mild but describe being "out of it"  which makes me think they have the brain fog.  They are being incredibly silent. I'm surprised they're not documentaing the whole time. 

How would we notice the brain fog with them? It isn't like they post deep and thought provoking stuff.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 24
  • Love 1

I live one mile from the UNC campus. I'm never going out again. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 9

11 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

I live one mile from the UNC campus. I'm never going out again. 

I think we've spoken before, I'm a grad and one of my best friends from school is still there working on her PhD in Genetics, so lab based stuff. She's been working in her lab all summer, with the different students given different times they could go in and work to promote distancing. She lives in downtown Carrboro, seems like it would be a bit safer there, but yeah, she still has to go on campus to the lab. I hope the small businesses down there are staying alive and can get assistance so they can stay open.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

Carlin is pushing a curling iron thing on instagram so she is feeling better. She made mention of being together again with her baby so maybe someone was watching her while they were sick. 

• Upvote 4

7B96AE96-9F5D-4CC0-A4D9-DA14A6172537.thumb.jpeg.cbc92c000bdd3d1e3899bf745302c7e8.jpeg

someone posted on the Bates family blog the comment above. There are lots of diseases, viruses (which is what covid is), and other illnesses. In some states and countries people were not aloud to leave their house, except for essential workers, people going to the grocery store, or people going to the hospital/ doctors office. How sheltered is this person? 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 5

10 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I think we've spoken before, I'm a grad and one of my best friends from school is still there working on her PhD in Genetics, so lab based stuff. She's been working in her lab all summer, with the different students given different times they could go in and work to promote distancing. She lives in downtown Carrboro, seems like it would be a bit safer there, but yeah, she still has to go on campus to the lab. I hope the small businesses down there are staying alive and can get assistance so they can stay open.

We have talked! Downtown Carrboro is about to be bad too. People here have been super careful about staying home, wearing masks, etc. We have worried for months about them reopening. The health department sent a letter asking the University NOT to open, but they ignored. Now we have a massive spike. I'm not going to blame college kids for being college kids. This is on UNC admin. Lots of restaurants have closed for good. No bars are allowed to be open. No alcohol sales after 10. It's like a different world. I hate it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 6

She said in the comments of her last instagram picture that Layla tested negative to the virus and that Evan family was watching her while they were sick.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 11

7 hours ago, PurpleCats said:

I would guess the Bates families are passing Covid around.  The whole crew will hit herd immunity soon! ? 

Unfortunately, it is unknown whether having had the virus actuals confers immunity, and for how long. True herd immunity is likely only possible with a reliable and widely used vaccine.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

7B96AE96-9F5D-4CC0-A4D9-DA14A6172537.thumb.jpeg.cbc92c000bdd3d1e3899bf745302c7e8.jpeg

someone posted on the Bates family blog the comment above. There are lots of diseases, viruses (which is what covid is), and other illnesses. In some states and countries people were not aloud to leave their house, except for essential workers, people going to the grocery store, or people going to the hospital/ doctors office. How sheltered is this person? 

I was quarantined in So American during the Spring. We could only leave the house 2Xs a week based on our ID or Car LP number. There was a curfew in place from 2PM to 5AM, and there was no traveling allowed between provinces in our country. Children were not allowed outside in public at all. All schools that were in session immediately went virtual and likely will remain so until next year. My daughter and her family can still only drive 3Xs a week. The airports were all shut down beyond humanitarian flights out for 5 months. The number of cases in that country (Ecuador) has fallen drastically. If you are found breaking Established COVID rules, you are fined the first time, and jailed thereafter. Initially if you drove on the wrong day, they impounded your car for a month, at a daily cost to you. They did not screw around- No mask while riding in your car= $200 fine for driver and $60 for any unmasked passengers, even children.

• Upvote 18
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Holy circular logic, Batman?????

• Upvote 8

19 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Uhm.... We weren't allowed out of our house for weeks in the Spring......and then all the Trumpers were whining about it so stuff got reopened. So because stuff reopened, covid isn't real.....then why were we quarantined in the first place? 

• Upvote 18

17 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

Unfortunately, it is unknown whether having had the virus actuals confers immunity, and for how long. True herd immunity is likely only possible with a reliable and widely used vaccine.

Yeah... sorry that was meant to be sarcasm, coming from an exhausted place watching everyone run around like “Covid is Over!”

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I was quarantined in So American during the Spring. We could only leave the house 2Xs a week based on our ID or Car LP number. There was a curfew in place from 2PM to 5AM, and there was no traveling allowed between provinces in our country. Children were not allowed outside in public at all. All schools that were in session immediately went virtual and likely will remain so until next year. My daughter and her family can still only drive 3Xs a week. The airports were all shut down beyond humanitarian flights out for 5 months. The number of cases in that country (Ecuador) has fallen drastically. If you are found breaking Established COVID rules, you are fined the first time, and jailed thereafter. Initially if you drove on the wrong day, they impounded your car for a month, at a daily cost to you. They did not screw around- No mask while riding in your car= $200 fine for driver and $60 for any unmasked passengers, even children.

Why did you have to be masked inside your own car? 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, princessmahina said:

Why did you have to be masked inside your own car? 

I’m not sure-

• Upvote 1

Carlin and Evan uploaded the Coronavirus vlog to their Youtube channel.

Carlin was having headaches and fever so she was tested, they dont give any clue on where they think she may have gotten it. She then went to isolate by herself  to a diferent house (they dont say what house) and they sent Layla with Evans family.

Evan was feeling fine but they still tested him and he was also positive despite having no symptoms. After that he and Carlin reunited and they went to see Layla trought a door glass and bring her breast milk. They seem to have slept in the car in front of Evans family house!? The next morning Layla and some of Evan family members were tested too. Layla was actually negative but Evan sister was positive and he said his other sisters were also having symptoms now. So they decided to bring Layla home since anyway she was going to be around people with the virus. They also said a doctor told them that babies are not badly afected and that she will get antibodies from the breastmilk.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 16

Carlin posted on Instagram referring to Layla as her hobby which...makes a lot of sense. FFS woman, a baby is not a hobby. 

• Upvote 13
  • WTF 6
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, llucie said:

Carlin and Evan uploaded the Coronavirus vlog to their Youtube channel.

Carlin was having headaches and fever so she was tested, they dont give any clue on where they think she may have gotten it. She then went to isolate by herself  to a diferent house (they dont say what house) and they sent Layla with Evans family.

Evan was feeling fine but they still tested him and he was also positive despite having no symptoms. After that he and Carlin reunited and they went to see Layla trought a door glass and bring her breast milk. They seem to have slept in the car in front of Evans family house!? The next morning Layla and some of Evan family members were tested too. Layla was actually negative but Evan sister was positive and he said his other sisters were also having symptoms now. So they decided to bring Layla home since anyway she was going to be around people with the virus. They also said a doctor told them that babies are not badly afected and that she will get antibodies from the breastmilk.

Don't forget the montage of Evan jumping on a trampoline, putting, and watching his sister spray down the breast milk bags with Lysol while wearing gloves but no mask. He also repeated that he was bored about five times. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic