IGNORED

Carlin, Evan, and Layla Rae 8: Vlogging On YouTube

GreyhoundFan

I personally think it’s inappropriate even without joy in the picture. But the fact that the post is about their friendship makes his comment even more out of place. The “baby” reference on a public forum makes me ?

• Upvote 3

When did Carlin and Evan joke about being pregnant and what did they say that was so insensitive?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

When did Carlin and Evan joke about being pregnant and what did they say that was so insensitive?

We know they have already joked about possible pregnancy in two recent videos they made for they YT channel and I think also one in an Evan insta stories, Evan's one was about chocolate and cravings and pregnant women the other in Yt was about cleaning/organizing the closet and again nesting and pregnancy 

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

They really didnt joke about it, they just thought they were pregnant and took a test that was negative 2 times. The fact that they used it as clickbait for their youtube channel could be considered insensitive though. I supose the people that think they were joking dont really believe they thought they were actually pregnant and think they were faking it for the channel entirely.

Edited by llucie
spelling
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, llucie said:

They really didnt joke about it, they just thought they were pregnant and took a test that was negative 2 times. The fact that they used it as clickbait for their youtube channel could be considered insensitive though. I supose the people that think they were joking dont really believe they thought they were actually pregnant and think they were faking it for the channel entirely.

There was also the whole April Fool's joke that Carlin did with telling Evan she was pregnant. That was the one I referred to as insensitive. The others were tacky too. 

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...

Screenshot_20201105-232337.thumb.png.1fd375389cb058f84437dd611108b045.png

I know they'll never read this, but here's a message for the Bates daughters: ANIMALS ARE NOT TOYS FOR YOUR BABIES. THEY ARE NOT PROPS FOR YOUR INSTAGRAM PICS. KNOCK IT OFF!

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 13
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

i have to say i was impressed with how calm that cat remained around the baby. my little guy would be all claws and teeth if he was handled like that (but he isn't around babies so don't worry)

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, raayx01 said:

Carlin literally saved all the needles (shots) she had to take during her pregnancy.  

Whyyyyy? You can't use used and save the difference with needles.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Whyyyyy? You can't use used and save the difference with needles.

what?

You shouldn't use used syringes

Edited by raayx01
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, raayx01 said:

Carlin literally saved all the needles (shots) she had to take during her pregnancy.  

As a souvenir? Or she wants to reuse it?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

They said that they need to drop them off somewhere, so the impression I got was that they just did not get around to throwing them away yet (with a dose of maybe keeping them to make it clear that Carlin is so godly)... it seemed a little strange, but at the end they were talking about dropping them off.

• Upvote 4

How old is Layla? Seriously, put them in a plastic capped juice jug if you dont have an actual sharps container and bring them to your doc. Having 9 months worth of syringes around the house is just stupid.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Still having the syringes isn’t weird at all. You’re supposed to take them back to the medical professional for disposal, but with COVID they don’t exactly want you dropping by. I’m sure she’ll take them in the next time she has an appointment.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Still having the syringes isn’t weird at all. You’re supposed to take them back to the medical professional for disposal, but with COVID they don’t exactly want you dropping by. I’m sure she’ll take them in the next time she has an appointment.

Interesting- I thought this only refers to unused ones. In my experience with different brands: After use, syringes have a plastic device you put on and then break the needle. It’s for safety and to make them unusable. Those can be thrown away with normal trash. Unused syringes are different as the medication and the syringe is still usable. They are supposed to be disposed correctly. But when I brought my unused ones to the apothecary they were surprised and said I could have just thrown them away. I still feel better about giving them back to experts and will continue do so. 
I think this is also true for all unused medications. But I am not sure if people truly bring back their very old and unused pills/drops/...?

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Interesting- I thought this only refers to unused ones. In my experience with different brands: After use, syringes have a plastic device you put on and then break the needle. It’s for safety and to make them unusable. Those can be thrown away with normal trash. Unused syringes are different as the medication and the syringe is still usable. They are supposed to be disposed correctly. But when I brought my unused ones to the apothecary they were surprised and said I could have just thrown them away. I still feel better about giving them back to experts and will continue do so. 
I think this is also true for all unused medications. But I am not sure if people truly bring back their very old and unused pills/drops/...?

I’ve never seen syringes like that. You’re not in the US, are you? No one here says “apothecary” (it’s used occasionally when drug stores want to sound fancy). 

I’d like to qualify my previous defense of Carlin - if these are the syringes from her pregnancy, it has been a while. But there wasn’t much time between the birth and the pandemic. 

• Upvote 3

I think Carlin just genuinely forgot she still had them stored to drop off, since they were in an opaque "decorative" box/basket. That sounds like something I would do, though I do have ADHD. I have never managed to return old unused medication to the pharmacy, and so I just have a tons of useless pills sitting around. Maybe I will make that my new years resolution.

• Upvote 6

I had my ivf needles for ages. In a sharps container. Used and unused. Eventually handed them into a chemist for disposal. As long as they were stored safely. I can’t judge her to harshly. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I had my ivf needles for ages. In a sharps container. Used and unused. Eventually handed them into a chemist for disposal. As long as they were stored safely. I can’t judge her to harshly. 

Same. I wasn't sure if I could just put the sharps container in a regular trash or had to do something special with it. So naturally, I put it in my closet for a couple years until we moved and I had to figure it out.

• Upvote 5

On 11/15/2020 at 3:41 AM, Melissa1977 said:

This is actually really common in the IVF community. Many women save all their needles/viles and other meds to use for announcement photos. The whole thought it to normalize loss, and needing intervention to get pregnant and not have it be such a taboo subject.

Obviously Carlin didn't do fertility treatments but I'm assuming she's spent enough time on the internet to realize it's just one more thing she can be all "look at me" about. 

IVF2.jpg

• Upvote 5

Usually you don't get them all at once. My dog has diabetes and we get a pack of syringes and then when we run out. we pack all those up take them to the vet for disposal and pick up are new set. 

If that's the case for pregnancy why didn't she just take them when she went to go pick them up. I would think with covid they would be extra careful about disposing them properly.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

I think Carlin just genuinely forgot she still had them stored to drop off, since they were in an opaque "decorative" box/basket. That sounds like something I would do, though I do have ADHD. I have never managed to return old unused medication to the pharmacy, and so I just have a tons of useless pills sitting around. Maybe I will make that my new years resolution.

Fellow ADHD brain here and I do the same thing with used batteries. I know I need to throw them away in a certain way, but instead they are in the void of a junk drawer. If something is not in my sight it ceases to exist lol 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Does anyone else feel like Carlin is not that connected to some of her sisters? I don't know why I feel like this, but I especially feel like her and Josie's relationship seem so off and I always assumed it was due to the fact Josie was allowed to get married before her and Carlin wasn't that happy about it, but I could be wrong, of course.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Tenyari said:

Does anyone else feel like Carlin is not that connected to some of her sisters? I don't know why I feel like this, but I especially feel like her and Josie's relationship seem so off and I always assumed it was due to the fact Josie was allowed to get married before her and Carlin wasn't that happy about it, but I could be wrong, of course.

Honestly, I think this is just a case of clashing personalities. Carlin is bold and loud and likes to be the center of attention, while Josie seems much more subdued (she was the one in the room with Alyssa, wasn’t she?) and easily overwhelmed with lots of noise etc. There seems to be a bit of group-building within the Bates sisters, with Erin and Carlin (and Whitney) having the boutique. I honestly think this is just normal. With 20 kids, (and what, 9-10 girls), there will always be some clique-building.  Carlin and Erin seem super close, while Josie seems to do more of her own thing, with friends outside of the family.

• Upvote 9

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic