IGNORED

Carlin, Evan, and Layla Rae 8: Vlogging On YouTube

GreyhoundFan

It was speculated that she might be pregnant because Evan teased the possibility himself a couple of weeks ago pretending to catch Carlin eating chocolate make and saying that her craving chocolate could have meant a pregnancy. I hope for Layla sake (and the future baby) that she grew up a bit before adding to the quiver, but sadly I don't think this will be the case sigh 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Don't forget the montage of Evan jumping on a trampoline, putting, and watching his sister spray down the breast milk bags with Lysol while wearing gloves but no mask. He also repeated that he was bored about five times. 

LOL i totally skipped those parts of the video.

• Upvote 3

They have covid and they were rolling around Tennessee?  That is not quarantine you idiots.

• Upvote 11

They slept in the car with it. Outside the house of his parents. The poor girl has headaches, fever, blurred vision, and feels like she can't turn her neck. She's on a nebulizer and her husband (and her husband's family!) all thought it was okay for her (with Covid that puts young people in the hospital sometimes) to sleep in the car?

There was some reason Evan coudln't have driven up and picked up Layla by himself after she got tested?

• Upvote 24

So. Carlin and Evan, while knowing that they were infected (or in Evan's case at first, having a fairly good idea) drove back and forth across the state multiple times and then slept overnight in their car and "bathed" in his family's pool. Wow. These two are such idiots- seems like they never developed critical thinking skills. And how much of that was just so they could make an entertaining YouTube video?

I wonder how many people were exposed to them and subsequently were infected?

Anyone else notice they kept talking about how Carlin had been staying at another house, yet they never went into detail about who's house it was or whether anyone else was with her?

• Upvote 19
  • WTF 2
  • Love 1

I dont really see a problem with them travellling in their car alone? i dont see how they are exposing anyone being by themselves and he had a good reason for the trip since he needed to give Layla the breast milk. 

But sleeping in the car and washing themselves in the garden hose seemed absurd and completely unnecesary, specially since she was feeling so bad. Washing with cold water and sleeping in a car seat surely didnt help with that! I bet if it was Evan feeling sick he would be in a comfy bed being catered too. And they live like 3 hours away from his parents at most, no reason they couldnt travel back that night to sleep at home and he could return the next morning to pick up Layla if necessary.

In any case i wonder if they regret moving to Knoxville to be closer to the Bates, since clearly the ones helping everytime they need help are his family, even if they live farther from them.

• Upvote 16
  • Downvote 1

These two are such DINGUSES. They should be like...living in a studio apartment learning about hangover cures and how budgeting works, taking a few years to grow up before getting married and becoming parents. 

I just...ffs we know the fundies get no formal education but they could've at least learned some common sense!!

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

I hate it when I have to go watch a video you guys are talking about, but I have to to understand what you are talking about. Evan's dad and sister putting items to eat and drink on the patio table via a long-handled tool (grabber? I didn't even notice) kind of turned the video into comical shenanigans. I don't doubt they tested positive for Covid and that is no joke. They turned it into a joke for the purpose of a funny video. Slept in their car all night? I don't believe it for a second. Where'd they use the bathroom, the bathing pool? 

They aren't going to mention at this time (maybe never) where they think one of them caught it first, probably because they know exactly where... at one of their parents' or siblings' home. The 'other house' where Carlin was staying was likely either her parents' or Michael and Brandon's home, and probably because someone(s) there also has/had Covid so at least she wasn't further spreading it at that time, or at least spreading it among her own ilk, whose household members then go and spread it elsewhere. She could have also been staying in their very own home because these people lie.

Another thing that bugs me is how their Stewart Fam introduction segment shows Carlin gaily bouncing along and holding hands with Evan, focusing on him and her own looks, while Layla is being dangled a la Blanket Jackson to Carlin's opposite side (ok, I'm exaggerating.) Hobby... prop... it's sad. I'll take Jill Duggar Dillard's dull youtube videos over this any day. At least Jill is making an effort to improve her own and her kids' lives. Maybe at this point it isn't even an effort for Jill, maybe casual, healthier* parenting is becoming natural for her. 

*by healthier I mean for her and the kids' mental health. I do remember a number of suspect moves she has made in the past. She's either not posting those or getting better at not having those dangerous moments.

Edited by Bobology
  • Upvote 20
  • Love 1

On 8/23/2020 at 7:08 AM, llucie said:

I dont really see a problem with them travellling in their car alone? i dont see how they are exposing anyone being by themselves and he had a good reason for the trip since he needed to give Layla the breast milk. 

But sleeping in the car and washing themselves in the garden hose seemed absurd and completely unnecesary, specially since she was feeling so bad. Washing with cold water and sleeping in a car seat surely didnt help with that! I bet if it was Evan feeling sick he would be in a comfy bed being catered too. And they live like 3 hours away from his parents at most, no reason they couldnt travel back that night to sleep at home and he could return the next morning to pick up Layla if necessary.

In any case i wonder if they regret moving to Knoxville to be closer to the Bates, since clearly the ones helping everytime they need help are his family, even if they live farther from them.

If they stayed in the car the entire time that would be one thing. But surely they were getting out of the car to get gas, food, etc. Carlin is not really known for her consideration of others or wearing a mask properly, so I doubt she was cautious about it all. 

They were probably both starved for attention during their quarantine. The sleeping in the car and jumping on the trampoline, dramatic waits for results, crowding around glass doors, etc. satisfied that need more than sleeping in a bed and following medical advice. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Sooo they have just uploaded a COVID 19 vlog; Carlin is holden some sort of a breathing device/mask in front of her mouth in the thumb nail (I can't see it clearly) and I am already annoyed without having watched the vlog.

• Upvote 3

Probably a nebulizer.  She had one with her on last week’s video.  When she was in the car with Evan.

• Upvote 1

Took one for the team and watched the video. Not really anything interesting at all. Both are still sick and experiencing symptoms. HOWEVER, one night later they give an update and say they are out of quarantine. How can this be??? Maybe their video editing was off and more time had really passed. I mean Carlin sounded congested, said she had a pounding headache, and was doing a nebulizer treatment the night before. I sure hope to God these two are not now gallivanting around because they are supposedly out of quarantine. I'm just perplexed.

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, Bazinga said:

Took one for the team and watched the video. Not really anything interesting at all. Both are still sick and experiencing symptoms. HOWEVER, one night later they give an update and say they are out of quarantine. How can this be??? Maybe their video editing was off and more time had really passed. I mean Carlin sounded congested, said she had a pounding headache, and was doing a nebulizer treatment the night before. I sure hope to God these two are not now gallivanting around because they are supposedly out of quarantine. I'm just perplexed.

They say in the video they are finished with the quarantine (i am presuming the 10 days mandated quarantine) but that they still are choosing to keep isolating at home, i presume because Carlin is still having symptoms.

At least this experience seems to have helped them realize that the virus is really serious. I was fully expecting them to say that since they had mild symptoms that it was not a big deal, but they actually mentioned how lucky they are about that, and how a lot of people are in the hospital and how they recomend everyone to wear masks...a bit late for them but hopefully it would reach some of their followers.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

Covid-positive folks are supposed to remain in isolation until several days after symptoms are completely gone. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

In IG, they have congratulated Evan's parents for their 45th anniversary. The picture they chose for that is... Evan and Carlin's wedding! Of course.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

In IG, they have congratulated Evan's parents for their 45th anniversary. The picture they chose for that is... Evan and Carlin's wedding! Of course.

Eye rolling emoji needed here.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

Keep in mind the vlogs are not on real time though. I think they are at least a week behind. In the instastories Carlin seems to be back to her hyper giggling self so probably already recovered. Such a shame, i actually found her a lot more likable when sick. EDIT: just to clarify, i found it such a shame that she is back to her annoying old self, not that she is doing better, i dont actually wish her ill health.

Edited by llucie
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, llucie said:

Keep in mind the vlogs are not on real time though. I think they are at least a week behind. In the instastories Carlin seems to be back to her hyper giggling self so probably already recovered. Such a shame, i actually found her a lot more likable when sick. EDIT: just to clarify, i found it such a shame that she is back to her annoying old self, not that she is doing better, i dont actually wish her ill health.

I've known lots of people who are very different, or 'real' when they're sick, scared, really angry, or are in some other kind of a vulnerable position where they can't keep up their normal persona.  You get a glimpse of who they really are.  Once they're back on solid ground, they revert to what they were before, especially if they weren't in that vulnerable state for very long.  Psychological professionals probably have a name for that.

• Upvote 5

I'm three months postpartum and craving everything all the time. Holy Batman the hunger. Now I want cake. Or a bun. Or both. And I just had ice cream.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

I'd really like the Bates ladies to put down the hair bleach and back away, slowly.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 4

18 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I'd really like the Bates ladies to put down the hair bleach and back away, slowly.

They are all slowly morphing into one, and sharing a single brain cell between them.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 16

Carlin has another one of her oh so bright moments today where she is at the carwash with Evan and thinks she has popped a tire. Don't mind me, I'm now hiding out and pretending I didn't watch to the end of her InstaStory to find out if the tire was indeed "popped." Between that riveting bit of information and her love of walking with Evan to get the mail, I have reached a new low. 

Spoiler

It wasn't. 

Edited by rebeccawriter01
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 17

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic