IGNORED

Maxwell 39: Like Sands Through an Hour Glass, so Are the Vests of Our Lives

Coconut Flan

16 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Taking Joshua around started when he was pretty young, though, at least by about the age that Danny is now. Steve definitely doesn't spend as much time with Drew or Danny, and he hasn't shown much interest in Ben or Kyle. We'll see if that ever changes, but I expect the pattern will continue. Steve seems to think that firstborn sons that are also firstborn children are extra special. 

Does he show favoritism to his own firstborn child who is a son, i.e. Nathan?

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, meee said:

I was wondering the same thing. He might. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, meee said:

Pretty sure I've read here that he praised Nathan very much but was highly critical of Christopher.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Pretty sure I've read here that he praised Nathan very much but was highly critical of Christopher.

I speculated as much about halfway down this page. "Maxwellest Maxwell Who Ever Maxwelled" was the conclusion I came to about Christopher's lifestyle. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, freejugar said:

I think I read in some of their comments that neither Teri or Steve drink coffee cause it's not allowed in their new diet

edit: https://blog.titus2.com/2020/03/06/steve-and-teris-vegan-breakfasts/

I would think that with Steve’s cardiac issues, caffeine would probably be discouraged.
Why does Teri have to eliminate everything that is contraindicated in Steve’s medical conditions? I really hope it’s Teri’s choice, and not Steve’s edict!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I would think that with Steve’s cardiac issues, caffeine would probably be discouraged.
Why does Teri have to eliminate everything that is contraindicated in Steve’s medical conditions? I really hope it’s Teri’s choice, and not Steve’s edict!

I doubt it was an edict simply because he didn't force the "kids" into eating that way.  

• Upvote 1

New post up.  Annual mulching party at Gigi's. They also ordered Papa John's pizza yuck!  I don't think we are ever going to see the wedding pics.

Edited by SPHASH
Spellcheck
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

On 6/17/2020 at 5:50 PM, SPHASH said:

I remember a post where Steve got Joshua who was about two at the time a toy chainsaw but nothing for the ABC girls.

Why couldn't the girls get a toy chainsaw, too? My sisters and I had a toy chainsaw and drill, Tonka trucks, Hot Wheels, etc. The adult Maxwell girls do plenty of helping out with fixing up houses, so you'd think as long as the little girls are wearing skirts they'd be encouraged to play with those things.

As much as Steve allows "fun", that is.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

100 bags of mulch.. It would likely be economically better to have ordered a dump of mulch as well as environmentally to avoid 100 huge plastic bags... 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 9

There’s a mulch fundraiser around where I live that involves the high school. You order however much mulch you need and the students will go around delivering the mulch to your front yard. The proceeds go to the athletics dept I think. But Steve would never order mulch from a public school. Since public school is basically run by Satan. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, NoseyNellie said:

100 bags of mulch.. It would likely be economically better to have ordered a dump of mulch as well as environmentally to avoid 100 huge plastic bags... 

Fundies are often very anti-environment. I know my intentions to be more eco-friendly many years ago were met with pushback from church leaders. Because there will one day be a new heaven and a new earth it's apparently really important to trash the one we have ?

• Upvote 12
  • WTF 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, SPHASH said:

New post up.  Annual mulching party at Gigi's. They also ordered Papa John's pizza yuck!  I don't think we are ever going to see the wedding pics.

I was just thinking that about the wedding pictures. I'll give them a pass on the pizza--tons of kids and it does give the "girls" a day off cooking. But, I agree on getting a truckload of mulch unless it was a fundraiser. Though it might be "neater" with all those kids around--nearter as in the kids won't strew the truckload all over Kansas. And this way, they can work, I mean "help" and learn to be all mannly with mulch. Or not since most are girls.

15 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I'll give a pass on this too. Lots of couples do this. At least they didn't make all the others do it.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I was just thinking that about the wedding pictures. I'll give them a pass on the pizza--tons of kids and it does give the "girls" a day off cooking. But, I agree on getting a truckload of mulch unless it was a fundraiser. Though it might be "neater" with all those kids around--nearter as in the kids won't strew the truckload all over Kansas. And this way, they can work, I mean "help" and learn to be all mannly with mulch. Or not since most are girls.

I'll give a pass on this too. Lots of couples do this. At least they didn't make all the others do it.

It’s not about the pizza but who they ordered pizza from.

Schnatter stepped down as CEO in January 2018following a controversy over his blame of flagging sales on protests in the National Football League. He stepped down as chairman in July 2018 after his use of a racial slur during media training. Activist investor Starboard Value LP bought into the company after a sales decline, and Papa John’s named Rob Lynch, a former Arby’s executives, as CEO in August.  Source: https://www.nrn.com/quick-service/former-papa-john-s-ceo-john-schnatter-blasts-pizza-company

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

I have always hated Papa John’s pizza. I think the crust tastes rubbery. We have so many choices for pizza that I would never order PJs. I would order from 10 other places before PJs. Therefore I haven’t eaten it in many years. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

Annual mulching party... Give me a fucking break. WHERE ARE THE WEDDING PICTURES, SARAH???

Gigi has a sinful basketball hoop on her yard! 

A pizza cutter makes an appearance, as do Joe and Elissa.

• Upvote 14

25 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Annual mulching party... Give me a fucking break. WHERE ARE THE WEDDING PICTURES, SARAH???

Gigi has a sinful basketball hoop on her yard! 

A pizza cutter makes an appearance, as do Joe and Elissa.

But was the pizza cutter used for cutting lettuce?  We're still waiting for that pizza cutter/lettuce tip. Sarah!

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have always hated Papa John’s pizza. I think the crust tastes rubbery. We have so many choices for pizza that I would never order PJs. I would order from 10 other places before PJs. Therefore I haven’t eaten it in many years. 

We usually order from 1 or 2 places, but last week the kids said they wanted to try Papa Johns. Never again. It was just not up to the taste we like. I like pineapple and Canadian ham and the ham was near non existent. Husband got a vegetarian pizza and he said it was nasty. So lesson learned and we go back to our regular pizza places.  I agree with you about the crust. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, Bethy said:

Fundies are often very anti-environment. I know my intentions to be more eco-friendly many years ago were met with pushback from church leaders. Because there will one day be a new heaven and a new earth it's apparently really important to trash the one we have ?

Another thing I’ve heard is that “environmentalists worship the creation rather than the Creator.”

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, Bethy said:

11 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Another thing I’ve heard is that “environmentalists worship the creation rather than the Creator.”

That attitude has always really confused me. It seems to me that it means you have to care for and love the creation as an emanation from the creator. Back in the day when I was a church-going Anglican, there was certainly a strong emphasis on caring for the environment as a responsibility to God. Gen 1:26 and 1:28 have a lot to answer for. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I have a feeling they will post more on Jesse and Anna's wedding. With the exception of the godly pizza cutter they haven't let us down yet with posts. Knowing the family they are going to give us more glimpses into the day in the near future. 

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, SassyPants said:

It's probably the whole honoring your husband deal. Plus, Steve and Teri tend to listen to their doctor's. So, if Teri's doctor tells her this is worsening her health then, personally, I think she will go off the diet. Also, in earlier posts about Steve's vegan diet the family mentioned that Steve and Teri rarely, but still, have meat and dairy products. So, in my opinion, they aren't vegan like we think vegan. 

• Upvote 3

When I think of Steve passing away, I always imagine Teri chugging a Pepsi everyday for the rest of her life. 

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

When I think of Steve passing away, I always imagine Teri chugging a Pepsi everyday for the rest of her life. 

From your lips to God’s ears!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

On 6/17/2020 at 5:50 AM, JanasTattooParlor said:

No but they have Crockpot Cooking, How to Cook for Guests, Home Decorating, and How to Schedule Your Time! My question is what happens if a girl graduates with this degree and hasn’t found a man yet? Because this is without a doubt the ultimate MRS degree. 

I clearly have too much time on my hands, but I read some more of their rules, and they have different ones for the men and "ladies" regarding transportation. Basically, they are really encouraging the girls not to have cars, and they even have transportation services set up to avoid this.  Also, why would one of these girls pay to learn about being  a wife and mother ? I thought this was drilled into their heads since birth.  

Edited by JulineD
  • Upvote 2
  • WTF 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic