IGNORED

Maxwell 39: Like Sands Through an Hour Glass, so Are the Vests of Our Lives

Coconut Flan

I'm glad Anna 2.0 was able to resume chemo. 

Her posts are so much better than Sarah's in every aspect. 

That plaque of Mary's though, urgh. I hope John and Chelsy have somewhere they don't like in their house to put it. 

• Upvote 12

It sounds like the “perishing” patients are requesting a chemo recliner as far from Anna Marie as possible

• Upvote 2

See the necklace on one of the Craig sisters.....Is this the mystery person sitting in the crowd at a Maxwell/Craig gathering beside an unknown male???? ( as photo posted on Laura Craig's instagram)

Screenshot_20200615-080617.png

Screenshot_20200615-190630.png

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, narsunet said:

See the necklace on one of the Craig sisters.....Is this the mystery person sitting in the crowimageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e6d at a Maxwell/Craig gathering beside an unknown male???? ( as photo posted on Laura Craig's instagram)

Screenshot_20200615-080617.png

Screenshot_20200615-190630.png

Good catch on the necklace. Looks like the same shirt in both pictures, just layered with a short-sleeve cardi in the shower picture. The necklace itself, incidentally, clinched it for me that it couldn't possibly be a Max daughter. They don't wear necklaces at all, much less eye traps on the bust like that!

• Upvote 1

Mary and Anna have been forgetting to put sunblock on their faces. Probably outside alot with the kids. I was able to visit Mrs Craig's instagram page before it went private. Saw a sweet picture of Anna and Jesse holding hands after rehearsal. Glad they chose to touch a little while engaged.

• Upvote 10

5 hours ago, Foudeb said:

I'm glad Anna 2.0 was able to resume chemo. 

Her posts are so much better than Sarah's in every aspect. 

Aren’t they just.

That last one almost made me teary - and I’m an agnostic. Quite beautiful writing and actually from the heart. The Maxwells write from - I dunno - the liver? Basically the thing that filters all the good bits out.

• Upvote 20
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

The Maxwells write from - I dunno - the liver? Basically the thing that filters all the good bits out.

I would go with "Steve's anus" myself.

Ugh.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14
  • Love 1

I read the post by Anna and got a little choked up.  

She's scared.

She deals with it by praying and trying to put her trust in God, but when she says she's trying to quiet her noisy heart.  That noise is fear.

I hope she does whatever she has to do to cope, but I also hope she realizes that fear doesn't mean she's letting God down with lack of trust.  She doesn't need guilt on top of everything else she's going through.

• Upvote 36
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

I would go with "Steve's anus scrotum" myself.

There, fixed that.

I'm beginning to believe we will get wedding report and photos after "Nay-sayers pt. 2"...

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8

15 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Dang. Mizrus Craig has taken her insta private 

ETA: ooos, see I’m late. Dang anyway. 

I hope they aren't going private due to poop touching by various snark sites.  I wonder if it's that, or if Steve somehow got them to see things his way.

• Upvote 5

I’m slightly speechless about Mary’s gift.....if someone gave me that it would probably make good kindling. 

Those signs for your home are meant to be positive and uplifting! It’s just so negative and dull. And beige. And brown. And confusingly laud our. Why am I surprised? 

I’m looking up at my lovely rainbow coloured one which quotes the psalm “you are beautifully and wonderfully made” which I was given.

In another note, did anyone ever watch the independent film Jesus Camp (made around 2006) - I seem to remember that was based on a church in Kansas City. I’m sure there’s like a thousand churches in KC). I just thought because it was a very hardcore one, homeschooling families, extreme one sided beliefs.....they did wear normal clothes though.

Hang on I think I’ve confused myself - so Mary didn’t give the plaque shown at the bottom of page 6 on this thread? I did think that seemed weird even for the Maxwells....

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, allyisyourpally5 said:

Hang on I think I’ve confused myself - so Mary didn’t give the plaque shown at the bottom of page 6 on this thread? I did think that seemed weird even for the Maxwells....

Same here.

But I guess the plaque she actually gave is on today's post from Anna.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I know people whose homes are filled with that kind of decor.  Those people find comfort it in while religious sayings just fill me with guilt.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, allyisyourpally5 said:

In another note, did anyone ever watch the independent film Jesus Camp (made around 2006) - I seem to remember that was based on a church in Kansas City. I’m sure there’s like a thousand churches in KC). I just thought because it was a very hardcore one, homeschooling families, extreme one sided beliefs.....they did wear normal clothes though.

Jesus Camp was in one of the Dakotas, I think. That movie was infuriating, that Becky lady was one of the dumbest people I'd ever seen in my life, until recent interviews with Trump Supporters. Everything about it was jaw-dropping, horrible, cringy, or just weird.

Things I remember: 

• Becky driving down a stretch of highway covered in ugly box buildings, chain restaurants, power lines, and just general ugly urban sprawl talking about how much she loves her lifestyle and her part of the US being beautiful 
  • "HARRY POTTER WOULD BE PUT TO DEATH" 
  • Praying over a cardboard cut-out of Bush 2
  • Tiny girl evangelizing at a bowling alley. 
  • A very unpleasant mother lecturing her kid on how climate change is fake
  • the very weird thing I'd never known about where people flop around on the ground and pretend to talk in tongues. 
  • Becky choosing the absolute worst fonts to put on flyers 
  • the anti-choice protest where kids put tape over their mouths 

OH, it's on Hulu

• Upvote 10

33 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I know people whose homes are filled with that kind of decor.  Those people find comfort it in while religious sayings just fill me with guilt.

I find them kind of cheesy or weird, but then I feel guilty for feeling that way. I'm of a background where guilt is just my primary underlying emotion. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

@Maggie Mae, and to top it off, Becky was *pleased* with that movie! She said it depicted her and the camp exactly how she wanted to be depicted!

• Upvote 7

17 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Knox is already taken by Knox Defender (Bradrick).

There's a new Anna Marie post up!

Mary made a plaque for John and Chelsy which says "only what's done for Christ will last"

Nuclear waste lasts pretty long too:

ERztu2BX0AEOEQl?format=jpg&name=small

(source)

How f-ing cheerful can you get?

Maybe the newlyweds are buying a different house--a bi-level closer to family but can't take possession yet?

Maybe they will be missionaries?

Whatever--I'm glad they get some "us" time away from Steve, even if it just to conceive the first arrow for Jesse's quiver.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Hane said:

@Maggie Mae, and to top it off, Becky was *pleased* with that movie! She said it depicted her and the camp exactly how she wanted to be depicted!

The documentary was very well made in that there is no commentary or opinions voiced by the creators. They let the crazy speak for itself and we are free to judge on our own. From this regard I can see why she would like it. I think it was very true to her life. However, I do remember some of the parents not having the same opinion. A lot of them were misled when registering their kids  for the camp and not too happy when they saw the crazy in the documentary. 

• Upvote 6

Yes, I know how frightened Anna must be, and it’s a good thing that she can find spiritual comfort—but what a bleak poem to read to little kids over breakfast.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

If you are not a Hulu subscriber, you can find "Jesus Camp" on Tubi, too.  That's where I found it very recently.  My son, who knows I love a good documentary, told me about it and said I have to watch it.   He was right. "Jesus Camp" did not disappoint.

The camp itself was in North Dakota, but the people filmed in the documentary all lived in Missouri.   

Of course I had to google whatever became of the kids in the movie.  The "bowling alley" girl, Rachael, is now married and from what I read, did attend college.  Still appears fundie.  Levi, the kid being lectured on the evils of climate change during homeschool (and sported an awesome rattail) is also married now and works for an organization very similar to Josh Duggar's FRC.  Andrew, the little boy who confessed to sinning and was forced to repent in front of everyone at the camp, left religion altogether after his dad came out and divorced his mother. Once Andrew was of age, he hightailed it to a commune in California.

I also read that a couple of the camp buildings burned down after the movie was made and the owners of the property refused to lease it to Becky any longer.   

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 10

I didn't mean to confuse people.  I thought it was clear enough that I quoted the text of Mary's plaque and credited the one i posted with a link to Twitter.

• Upvote 4

I’ve not seen Jesus Camp, but I saw recaps on the WTFfundiefamilies tumblr ages ago, and that was enough. I don’t think I could watch it for myself. 

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

There, fixed that.

I'm beginning to believe we will get wedding report and photos after "Nay-sayers pt. 2"...

Is that one queued up before or after the Pizza Cutter Lettuce explanation?

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

If you think Jesus Camp is scary, wait till you meet Hyles-Anderson College!

I’ve heard about this college in other threads, but is it really that bad?? Like worse than Bob Jones bad? I may need to carve some time out of my day to jump down their rabbit hole for a bit!

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic