IGNORED

Maxwell 39: Like Sands Through an Hour Glass, so Are the Vests of Our Lives

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

With this thread, we bid fond farewell to our list of vest thread titles.  I have one more title in reserve for the next thread and near the end of that one will ask for more contributions so you have some time to think of good ones.  Please hang onto them so I can gather them in one bunch if you will, please. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9
  • Thank You 4

@ElizaB you commented in the last thread that you thought Sarah's lack of commentary on the wedding was because it was difficult for her to talk about. The more I think about it, the more I agree.

I married later-ish and after a longer time of dating than my fundie-lite circles really approved of. (Basically, they assume that if you're dating more than a few months without a ring, either you're sleeping together or somebody is gay. "'Hi' to 'I Do' in under a year" was a goal that they made much of.) One of the hardest, most painful things during that time was seeing much younger girls (Anna Craig's age and even younger) getting engaged and celebrating that God had sent their "prince" while I was still waiting. I wasn't even anywhere near as old as Sarah. This has to be a gut-punch even for Anna and Mary and devastating for Sarah.

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 15

I’m happy to see them referred to as “Jesse and Anna.” I hope this means Anna’s been firm on saying no to being renamed!

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

I think they aren't much about it because a) The REAL wedding pictures aren't yet available and/or b) Jesse has been allowed to move away [at least we assume so--they could simply be on honeymoon and come back and buy a worn-out old bi-level in the neighborhood--the boxes were going to storage...??

Meanwhile, here's hoping they name their first kid Lennon or Presley!

Edited by IReallyAmHopewell
forgot
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Coconut Flan,  the thread title is epic!

Thank you, but I didn't think it up and I'm not absolutely sure who did.  ?

I found another title in the list so there are two more potential titles waiting.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Haha 6
  • Love 3

I’m gonna jump on the Jesse moved away from Maxwellland bandwagon. Unless Sarah’s post was bouncing around in timeframe, which is very possible, Jesse was loading up boxes of his stuff , or wedding gifts, into the trailer when he was leaving to go to Ohio a couple days before everyone else. If he was just moving it to his house, why do it right when he’s leaving for the trip? And why wouldn’t he have most of his stuff over there already, carload by carload. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

missed Jesse and Anna, the newlyweds, who were on their honeymoon.  Even though I'm on the Jesse moved to OH bandwagon this statement makes me think maybe not, as if they are returning to KS.  Chelsy and John's baby is due this month time to start guessing names and gender.  I predict a girl, Rebecca Janice.  If it's a boy James Elmer.

Edited by SPHASH
ETA
  • Upvote 7

59 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Chelsy and John's baby is due this month time to start guessing names and gender.  I predict a girl, Rebecca Janice.  If it's a boy James Elmer.

Addison Rene for a girl 

Aidan James for a boy

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Addison Rene for a girl 

Aidan James for a boy

I'm not trying this one. Want to wait and see if a pattern emerges like Nate/Mel's ABC girls or the K/hard C sound in Joe/Elissa's crew, or hard-core Bible name usage like Chris/Anna. If this one starts with A I will expect all of them to, but I don't want to hazard a guess - especially with Axton's name being such a wild card (not named after a grandparent, not a Bible name, not a virtue...not a name I'd actually ever heard of, to be honest!)

• Upvote 8

47 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Addison Rene for a girl 

Aidan James for a boy

Isn’t there an Addison Rene Duggar ?

• Upvote 7

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Yes, Joe and Kendra's daughter born this past November.  

• Upvote 3

Aubrey Joanna

Jansen Michael or another unusual name paired up with a more traditional middle name

I dunno, Axton threw me for a loop the first time around.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Aubrey Joanna

Jansen Michael or another unusual name paired up with a more traditional middle name

I dunno, Axton threw me for a loop the first time around.

Axton Maxwell still throws me for a loop.  It makes me think of a James Bond villain or the like.  Nothing mellifluous about that name .

I wonder where Cameron Diaz and her dh got the name Raddix for their daughter.  "Rats in the Attic," anyone ?  Or, " Radishes? "

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 3

30 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Oops! I don’t follow the Duggars real closely. 

Let’s go with...Ashleigh Rene. 
Of course, they could always use Anna. Heh. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

Anna and Mary have had such amazing hearts to help out with Christopher and Anna Marie's kids.

That's a rather low bar for amazement, Sarah.

What do you enjoy most about life regaining normalcy?

Bold of you to assume all your readers have been able to regain any normalcy, Sarah.  Unless you count accepting how things are now as normal.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 7

43 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Axton Maxwell still throws me for a loop.  It makes me think of a James Bond villain or the like.  Nothing mellifluous about that name .

Yes, I felt like having the X sound in both first and last names was too much, plus the rhyming of Ax and Max. I get having a name you like and really wanting to use it but sometimes it just doesn't go with your surname and that's a fact of life - unless you're Martha Alexander and Alexandra works for your daughter's name, presumably because you presume she'll spend about three seconds as a legal adult with that name before her authority gets transferred.

We spent a LOT of time before naming our child saying potential names and listening like middle schoolers for possible jokes or awkward rhymes. I know we like to hate on Dr. Dobson around here but I do have to give him credit for trying his hardest to name his daughter something bully-proof...until she got to about third grade and came home crying because "Danae" had turned into "Decay" on the playground. There's no getting around all of it, really, but some people are just setting their kids up for harassment.

That being said, Axton probably won't be allowed to have any friends who aren't his cousins, so I guess he doesn't have to worry.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Bethy said:

Yes, I felt like having the X sound in both first and last names was too much, plus the rhyming of Ax and Max. I get having a name you like and really wanting to use it but sometimes it just doesn't go with your surname and that's a fact of life - unless you're Martha Alexander and Alexandra works for your daughter's name, presumably because you presume she'll spend about three seconds as a legal adult with that name before her authority gets transferred.

We spent a LOT of time before naming our child saying potential names and listening like middle schoolers for possible jokes or awkward rhymes. I know we like to hate on Dr. Dobson around here but I do have to give him credit for trying his hardest to name his daughter something bully-proof...until she got to about third grade and came home crying because "Danae" had turned into "Decay" on the playground. There's no getting around all of it, really, but some people are just setting their kids up for harassment.

That being said, Axton probably won't be allowed to have any friends who aren't his cousins, so I guess he doesn't have to worry.

It’s a horrible name. I can’t believe 2 people enunciated those names together, and both agreed to use the name Axton with the last name of Maxwell. It’s a distasteful mouthful, much like taking a bite out of an unripe persimmon. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6

I’ve only heard the name Axton used once before. John was a fairly predictable middle name, but yeah, Axton is pretty jarring. 

• Upvote 7

Ok, baby names. I'm going alphabetical, so Braxton or Beatrix. Or Brexit and  Bexley. Or Bronx and Bijoux.

Basically I'm betting on there being a B and an X. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

People are definitely loosing up where I am. (Being a tiny bit sarcastic here but also, this genuinely is exciting to me.) You can now visit with an elderly person so long as it’s outdoors, 6 feet apart at all times, both wearing masks, and nobody touches anything that the other person touches. Same for group homes for people with disabilities. People are also starting to go to playgrounds, masked, with the kids staying apart. Things like regular doctor appointments and car registrations are starting back up too. And I know several people who, after they carefully quarantine for 2 weeks, are traveling to visit out of state relatives. 

Somehow, from these posts, I don’t think the Maxwells follow CDC guidance for Gigi, or WHO guidance. If they’ve even heard of the WHO - they’d probably ask ‘who?’

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Addison Rene for a girl 

Aidan James for a boy

To be honest, I think those names are too mainstream for people who named their first born Axton. I have no guesses myself, but I'm thinking the name will end up being one I'd never heard of just like the first time around. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic