IGNORED

Maxwell 39: Like Sands Through an Hour Glass, so Are the Vests of Our Lives

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

When I think of Steve passing away, I always imagine Teri chugging a Pepsi everyday for the rest of her life. 

And god bless her if she tops it with a brown, adult beverage!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

And god bless her if she tops it with a brown, adult beverage!

Now I'm picturing Teri chugging a beer. Actually, that would be totally suitable at a time when when the only types of nuts she has to deal with are beernuts, not the Blessed Reconnected Walnuts.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13

Teri is wafter thin. In one of the pictures from the annual "Mulch Party", she is holding, I think, Joseph's youngest. I had to zoom in on the picture because I couldn't figure out who that "girl" was. Turns out it's a shrinking/shrunken Teri. 

She needs to let Steve do his diet and eat a damn sandwich or something. 

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

It’s not about the pizza but who they ordered pizza from.

Schnatter stepped down as CEO in January 2018following a controversy over his blame of flagging sales on protests in the National Football League. He stepped down as chairman in July 2018 after his use of a racial slur during media training. Activist investor Starboard Value LP bought into the company after a sales decline, and Papa John’s named Rob Lynch, a former Arby’s executives, as CEO in August.  Source: https://www.nrn.com/quick-service/former-papa-john-s-ceo-john-schnatter-blasts-pizza-company

Look at it this way: The ate WORLDLY pizza.

• Upvote 6

On 6/18/2020 at 2:40 PM, meee said:

Does he show favoritism to his own firstborn child who is a son, i.e. Nathan?

Nathan might have been the favorite at one time but I think these days Chris is the golden boy because he hasn't strayed even a little bit from the Gospel According to Steve.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Nathan might have been the favorite at one time but I think these days Chris is the golden boy because he hasn't strayed even a little bit from the Gospel According to Steve.

Or he has gotten stricter yet! When Anna Marie married into the Maxwell clan, her clothes fit in - she just sewed her calico prairie frumpers out of a different pattern envelope than her new in-laws. Now the mothership has gone fairly modern modest (frumpers are long gone, skirts are just below the knee on Anna/Mary) and the other cousins dress like they bought the more-modest stuff at Carter's, but Christopher's family has doubled down on the calico frumpers. While his siblings play Spikeball and his nieces and nephews enjoy card games with the grandparents, Christopher's kids are doing some unsafe (I say this because of the ankle-length frumpers on the girls) corporate team-building activity in the backyard and are scheduled to the hilt. And when we saw the other cousins mingling like normal kids with Jesse's new in-laws right before Mama Craig locked down her Insta, Christopher's kids were glumly seated on their matching plastic stools making friends with no one.

I wonder if Steve and Teri will pass the ministry mantle to Christopher and his brood (this may depend on Anna Marie's health) and if future updates of "Keeping Our Children's Hearts" will have C&A's children on the front cover.

Edited by Bethy
thought of something else
  • Upvote 11
  • Sad 4

Oh God. I have the exact same top that Chelsy is wearing in the birth announcement photos. Also, does anyone else think it's super odd that the Titus 2 blog post noted Elliott's birth weight "for those who like the little details"? Isn't announcing the baby's birth time, weight, etc., a standard part of a birth announcement?

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

I like the name Elliott.  May Axton & Elliott grow up to perform in a Guns n Roses tribute act called Ax-El.  

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 34
  • Love 5

Color me shocked that Steve allowed the photo of Chelsy with a sleeveless top to make the blog. Granted, it is cropped in as much as possible, but still. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, Bethy said:

Or he has gotten stricter yet! When Anna Marie married into the Maxwell clan, her clothes fit in - she just sewed her calico prairie frumpers out of a different pattern envelope than her new in-laws. Now the mothership has gone fairly modern modest (frumpers are long gone, skirts are just below the knee on Anna/Mary) and the other cousins dress like they bought the more-modest stuff at Carter's, but Christopher's family has doubled down on the calico frumpers. While his siblings play Spikeball and his nieces and nephews enjoy card games with the grandparents, Christopher's kids are doing some unsafe (I say this because of the ankle-length frumpers on the girls) corporate team-building activity in the backyard and are scheduled to the hilt. And when we saw the other cousins mingling like normal kids with Jesse's new in-laws right before Mama Craig locked down her Insta, Christopher's kids were glumly seated on their matching plastic stools making friends with no one.

I wonder if Steve and Teri will pass the ministry mantle to Christopher and his brood (this may depend on Anna Marie's health) and if future updates of "Keeping Our Children's Hearts" will have C&A's children on the front cover.

I recall seeing a photo of Chris interacting with a boy at the fair. Josh was standing against the wall with this weird expression on his face. I guess they are just use to being with there cousins and aren't sure how to interact with other kids. We know Nathan's kids get to visit Melanie's family but Chris's kids have no other relatives close by. Assuming all of Anna Marie's family are in Washington and don't get to visit as often.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 6

Maybe Christopher's kids are all shy and unsure of how to make friends.  That's why they need to practice being with others and making friends with different kinds of kids that aren't necessarily in their own family.  Our daughter was naturally like this, and her father and I are naturally reserved.  We made sure from an early age that she had opportunities to interact outside of family and school events.  We enrolled her in a few YMCA camps every summer and made sure she chose a team sport to do with kids outside of our town. She chose swimming because it's a sport that's individual but you're also working with others at meets. It wasn't easy, but she got the hang of it and is a wonderful friend to many as an adult. She was also a very discerning friend as a teen, and we didn't worry very much about whether she was engaging in risky behavior.  If Christopher's kids just aren't allowed to be with others because they're the wrong kind of Christian, that's really sad.   It was and still is important to us as parents to know that our child can take care of herself in every way when we're not here anymore.  And sincere friendships are as essential to personal happiness as good relationships with one's family in my opinion. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

I’ve said that my youngest will have to learn how to socialize when we can leave the house again. My older child is naturally social but my younger one isn’t. He needs practice. He’s had very little practice these last few months and when he goes to kindergarten in the fall, I think he will have a hard time at first. Poor kid. I already feel sorry for him. 

• Upvote 10

@Caroline, that’s why I sent my daughter to preschool at a time when it wasn’t as popular as it is today. She’s an only child and spent almost all her time with adults (my parents and sisters) while I was at work, and there were few kids her age in our neighborhoods. I wanted her to have social skills in time for kindergarten.

Guys! Guys! One Ton Ramp—oops, sorry, Stevehovah; ITonRamp—has taken the stairway to heaven.

Someone else is using the name now and actually runs in-person training camps.

http://techcorps.org/cherry-services/it-on-ramp/

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

New post up.  Happy fucking father's day to Steve.  Post made me want to barf.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve said that my youngest will have to learn how to socialize when we can leave the house again. My older child is naturally social but my younger one isn’t. He needs practice. He’s had very little practice these last few months and when he goes to kindergarten in the fall, I think he will have a hard time at first. Poor kid. I already feel sorry for him. 

This is my oldest.  He has a lot of social anxiety and being quarantined at home has cemented him in his comfort zone. My husband and I are both teachers so we don't need childcare during the summer but our daycare opened last week and we're sending him back twice a week so he can get used to being around others before he starts kindergarten in September. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

16 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

So what did Steve teach his daughters? 

The things Steve did for his sons were specified. He made them into men! And breeders!  For his daugthers - "we girls" get a footnote - "oh, you taught us stuff too".

They can try to hide, but their mysoginistic beliefs come through in Sarah's stilted commentary. 

Steve is a very pathetic, insecure male who has screwed up his family. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 9

Anyone else giggle when they read that Chris’ name is Christopher Lloyd? Which, if any, Maxwells have seen the Back to the Future movies? I bet Steve and Teri did before they got super fundie. Maybe  Melanie...

• Upvote 8

Every time Sarah writes "we girls" I cringe so hard. It should be "us girls," right? Also, hate that she continues to use girls in general.

It makes me sad when I see the brothers get a mention on the Father's Day post but the daughters haven't had the opportunity to become mothers themselves. (at least not yet)

Edited by JoyfulSel
  • Upvote 5

Both Steve and Terri have the "I've lost weight" faces.  I don't know if he's discussed with his doctor how much weight he needed to lose, but he looks like he's reached the limit of where he should go.  When I kept losing after surgery, I reached that point and the doctor changed my medications so I'd put on just a few pounds.  It's amazing the difference just three or four pounds can make.   

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Steve looks very gaunt in that first pic of him. He is not doing well. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, JoyfulSel said:

Every time Sarah writes "we girls" I cringe so hard. It should be "us girls," right? Also, hate that she continues to use girls in general.

In the way Sarah uses it in this post, we is correct.  It's the subject of the sentence.  Us would be used as an object.  I agree on the girls part being cringy.  Theoretically they are all women.  Why not say the sisters or the daughters or some other word?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, JoyfulSel said:

It makes me sad when I see the brothers get a mention on the Father's Day post but the daughters haven't had the opportunity to become mothers themselves. (at least not yet)

I’d make it easy and go with the girls.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

48 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

In the way Sarah uses it in this post, we is correct.  It's the subject of the sentence.  Us would be used as an object.  I agree on the girls part being cringy.  Theoretically they are all women.  Why not say the sisters or the daughters or some other word?

Thanks! I guess it just hits my ears weirdly. I'm not sure I've seen her write "the boys" for her brothers so using "girls" always bugs me.

• Upvote 6

On 6/20/2020 at 6:06 PM, Black Aliss said:

It’s heartbreaking when parents don’t love their children for who they are and want to be, but for how similar they are to themselves. 

6 minutes ago, JoyfulSel said:

Thanks! I guess it just hits my ears weirdly. I'm not sure I've seen her write "the boys" for her brothers so using "girls" always bugs me.

It’s a (probably subconscious) sign of her female servitude, a position she sadly seems to have accepted for herself. If “woman” implies even the slightest ounce of agency (on the level of making the decision what’s for dinner), an unmarried female must remain a girl in Steve’s cult. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic