IGNORED

Maxwell 39: Like Sands Through an Hour Glass, so Are the Vests of Our Lives

Coconut Flan

3 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Would a Maxwell go to a Disciples of Christ church?  There's also Countryside Bible and Countryside Baptist.

Oh I didn’t see those listed. Are they near Kansas City?

• Upvote 1

Also saw Anna's sister sleeveless in Mrs. Craig's previous IG entry.  Also a no-no in Maxhell.  What Steve must really think of the Craigs!  I was  hoping Jesse would move farther away but Kansas City is a relatively bold move.  Am intrigued by the possibility of them building a house but if that's the case I'm rooting for somewhere not in Leavenworth.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

So I can’t see which countryside church has been doing an outdoor service. I looked on their websites but no one is listing it as an option. But I’m guessing it must be one of those 3 churches. Outdoor service sounds like a better idea than indoor. 

• Upvote 2

Steve has finally lost control of his carefully curated world. Good for Jesse! Moving to Kansas City wouldn’t be a big deal for most families but that’s a huge deal for a Maxwell spawn!! The sad thing is they still may be harsh with their kids and use developmentally inappropriate ways of controlling their own kids. I don’t have much hope for their kids being raised any less harsh but it’s still good to see a Maxwell son break the mold, even if barely. 

• Upvote 16

42 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Also saw Anna's sister sleeveless in Mrs. Craig's previous IG entry.  Also a no-no in Maxhell.  What Steve must really think of the Craigs!  I was  hoping Jesse would move farther away but Kansas City is a relatively bold move.  Am intrigued by the possibility of them building a house but if that's the case I'm rooting for somewhere not in Leavenworth.

I noticed the sleeveless shirt pictures too.

My thoughts are if they are building or waiting to move into a newly purchased home or are still looking for a home to purchase they would likely want a rental nearby, not 40-60 mins away from the new place so I suspect they are planning on being in Kansas City for at least awhile. 

Does Jesse still work for Joseph? I wonder if he has moved on to a new job and that is the reason for the move. Then again, I got the impression that the Maxwell's primarily worked from home. Then again it is possible they just wanted to leave that impression. They tend to make the smallest details secretive for some reason.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh I didn’t see those listed. Are they near Kansas City?

image.thumb.png.2988ff5227cdd138472814a965a723da.pngI guess it would depend on which part of the city they lived in which ones would be practical. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, jlbturtle said:

Apparently Jesse and Anna are living in an apt in Kansas City 

“They’ve gone about as fur as they can go.”

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 16
  • Love 2

With all these posts about the wedding from other families, it's pretty clear the desire for "privacy" comes directly from Steve. If either John or Jesse had wanted to keep things private, nothing would be posted by their wives' families. 

Steve, you are pathetic. 

I'm glad Jesse and Anna are away from the cult, and I hope wherever they end up, it's very far from Steve. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

On 6/9/2020 at 4:36 AM, Ozlsn said:

Ok, baby names. I'm going alphabetical, so Braxton or Beatrix. Or Brexit and  Bexley. Or Bronx and Bijoux.

Basically I'm betting on there being a B and an X. 

Knox :)

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

It would seem a bit odd to me for Jesse to sell his rental house and rent an apartment. If he was going to rent for awhile I would think he might as well keep the rental as income, even if it only produced a small amount of income.

They might have needed whatever money Jesse made on the sale of his house to buy another.  Maybe they're renovating a house and need somewhere else to live, temporarily. 

I'm guessing they're not living in a condo they bought, only because there wouldn't be a yard for the one million kids I imagine they will have eventually.

1 hour ago, nvmbr02 said:

Does Jesse still work for Joseph? I wonder if he has moved on to a new job and that is the reason for the move.

Jesse's still on the "Our Team" page on the Swift Otter site.

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, Hane said:

“They’ve gone about as fur as they can go.”

But is it up to date?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14

You know on KC they’d be close enough to fellowship with the Arndts.  

can you imagine Steve and Cathy meeting?  Goodness gracious I bet he’d be able to smell the lapsed Catholic on them after all these years!

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 12

Countryside is this odd city that isn’t quite incorporated or something wedged in next to Mission in NE Johnson County.  The churches in the map above, the ones on the Missouri side might be too far out to be considered Kansas City.  The furthest south Countryside Baptist looks like it might be south of Olathe,  and the other is too far west to be considered Kansas City and is probably in Jefferson County.  

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, anjulibai said:

With all these posts about the wedding from other families, it's pretty clear the desire for "privacy" comes directly from Steve. If either John or Jesse had wanted to keep things private, nothing would be posted by their wives' families. 

Steve, you are pathetic. 

It's still stunning after all these years just how much of a control freak the man is. 

The one nice thing about the whole Maxwell borg is that Steve makes me look really cool, relaxed, and laid back. That is not a comparative space I often get to occupy. 

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 3

Things I noticed in Laura Craig's Insta picture (just the first one of the three!):

A man wearing shorts. Is that a thing in Maxhell? I know the Duggars made a huge thing about shorts being a no-no but have we seen shorts on the Maxmen? IDK.

There appears to be a youngish woman cozily linking arms or at the very least, sitting very close with the shorts-wearing guy who DOESN'T seem to have a wedding ring. The shoes don't match ones worn by any of the Craigs in the family picture on the third slide. Is another Craig sister betrothed? I'm about 110% sure it isn't Anna Maxwell 1.0, or Sarah, although wouldn't that just be a kick in the teeth, for the Maxes to have a daughter courtship outed on a careless shot on an in-laws' IG?

Roll call:
Steve and Teri: don't see them
Nate and Mel + presumably all kids: check
Chris + kids: check
Sarah: don't see her
Joe and Elissa: don't see them, not surprised 
John and Chelsy: also don't see them
Anna: don't see her - there's a spare grownup-sized chair next to Chris, maybe she stepped out of the frame?
Mary: holding a laptop as if livestreaming the shower but to whom? GiGi would be the most likely person to need a livestream and there she sits.

Mel's belly: I'm really hoping that it's just a picture that's not at her best angle and that midsection has housed seven children but...her face looks fuller to me as well.

I'm quite certain that's Tina on the ground, batting a balloon with a Craig son (they're easy to pick out - all the Craig boys I can see are wearing red T-shirts with denim bottoms.) He's got a silly expression on his face like they're having a good time playing. Then look to the left, where Chris and his kids are all sitting primly, socializing with no one.

Edited by Bethy
riffle
  • Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Bethy said:

Mel's belly: I'm really hoping that it's just a picture that's not at her best angle and that midsection has housed seven children but...her face looks fuller to me as well.

I was thinking the same thing and said to myself Dear Rufus no.  Melanie is what 44?  Time for Rufus to close that womb honey.

• Upvote 9

I seriously doubt Melanie is pregnant again. She's had 9 pregnancies and 7 births, at least one or two of which were C-sections. Her last baby was born just over a year ago. Her belly is bound to be saggy and a bit distended from all of that. 

• Upvote 6

On 6/10/2020 at 10:02 AM, Jana814 said:

Teri & Steve are a few years younger then my parents. But they both look way older then my parents. 

I’m a year older than Steve so 2 or 3 older than Teri. I’m not being snide nor smug when I say I think I look a few years younger than both of them. 

But then, I color my white hair, have it cut in a style that becomes me and that I like, and while I have been obese for the past decade, I’m not now, and my physician suggests a goal weight for me that is fully 45 pounds over what “the charts” set as my “ideal:” 170 vs. 125.

Oh, and apart from my own reduction, I also lost 250 # of ugly fat (the ex-). Compare & contrast my physical condition with Teri’s and I can’t boast, because life has really dealt me a better hand   JMH & Grateful Opinion.

• Upvote 21

On 6/10/2020 at 10:42 AM, usmcmom said:

A little branch-out on the topic of names. Ny mother and I once had a fun discussion about “old” names and “young” names. We decided she has an “old” name and finally aged into it at about age 40. I have a very “young” name and probably aged out of it at age 20.  Do any of you ever think about a name sounding old or young? 

My kids both have fairly common names but they were not real common when they were born. I like classic boy names like Michael, David, Richard.  But I have such a huge family, all those names had been used at least twice when my son was born. My mom often made comments about my son’s “strange” name and I’d ask her which standard name was unused in our family. She had no answer. 

Brings to mind a great story about Big MJB. I named my first daughter Alicia. Mom fussed gently at me for giving the baby “a vowel name,” unlike my own and my sisters (think Martha and Katherine). She said she just wasn’t used to names beginning with vowels. 

I was sincerely surprised and pointed out that both Big Daddy & Brother JB’s names were vowel names (think Otto) and as the sumo wrestling announcers say, “She had no answer.”  

LOL! Mom’s do say the funniest things. ❤️

On 6/10/2020 at 8:12 PM, mango_fandango said:

It’s one of the names Braggie Abbie used for her twins, shortened to Nola. Abbie’s twins are older than three, though. 

I wouldn’t ever name a kid Braxton. “Oh, like the contractions?” would be the constant response to that name. 

oh mah gosh now I want to write a satire including a gynecologist named Braxton Hicks!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

I just found this tidbit on reddit. Someone has access to Jesse's Anna's mother's instagram and apparently Jesse's new MIL said that Jesse and Anna are living in an apartment in Kansas City. What is next? Jesse and Anna move out of state? What is happening in Maxhell?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

I seriously doubt Melanie is pregnant again. She's had 9 pregnancies and 7 births, at least one or two of which were C-sections. Her last baby was born just over a year ago. Her belly is bound to be saggy and a bit distended from all of that. 

For her sake, I hope this is the case here.

2 hours ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

Welp, Ma Craig made her instagram private. ?

I'm kind of surprised she didn't already. Didn't Rachael make hers private like, a week and a half ago? I would've thought that whatever would've led Rachael to lock it down would've likewise convinced Mama.

• Upvote 5

Dang. Mizrus Craig has taken her insta private 

ETA: ooos, see I’m late. Dang anyway. 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 1

Knox is already taken by Knox Defender (Bradrick).

There's a new Anna Marie post up!

Mary made a plaque for John and Chelsy which says "only what's done for Christ will last"

Nuclear waste lasts pretty long too:

ERztu2BX0AEOEQl?format=jpg&name=small

(source)

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 7
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic