IGNORED

Jinjer 52: She and Her Narcissistic, Lazy Husband Are Riding on Coattails

HerNameIsBuffy

I don't think just because someone is a bad person, it legitimizes scrutinizing her midsection for signs of pregnancy, because that might trivialise the speculation in general and cause people to speculate about people IRL, and the whole speculation because someone is wearing a baggy top, or looks a bit bloated or round, is leaning towards body-shaming or fat-shaming, IMO.  

Another, completely different thought. J&J could be trying to get pregnant, but haven't managed to conceive yet, and so, people constantly saying she is pregnant might be frustrating and hurtful. And yeah, sure, they have hurt us a lot and don't care, so we shouldn't care about hurting them, so when should we care? When is someone "nice enough" to not deserve body shaming? I don't think we get to be the judge of when. 

I think it's different speculating based on spacing, but Jinger doesn't have a lot of data points to go by.  

• Upvote 10
  • Love 4

I have no sympathy for the Duggars and their ilk.  The shit they say and the things they do are way more harmful than supposed fat shaming by pregnancy speculation.  Fuck that noise!  They get what they deserve!

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

The way I look at it, the goal of these folks is to take over the world. How do they do it? By procreating like wild animals. A nice benefit for the Bates and Duggars was/is the money provided for selling the crotch fruit. So if you want to focus on their politics, nasty beliefs and discriminatory practices which affect other people , it all cycles back to pregnancy and Willy Nilly procreation. 

FWIW, the only pregnancy speculation that I have ever made was Pricilla Waller’s latest. It was freaking obvious, and I refuse to bend over backwards to avoid speaking of the GD obvious. IMO, that is freaking idiotic. Get out the vapors!

• Upvote 12

5 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

So fuck all the real women who actually read here who get hurt my the fat shaming.

Got it.  

That's not even close to what any of this means. FJ shouldn't even exist under that logic (the logic of no one can make a speculative/critical comment of fundies lest someone on the boards have hurt feelings) But you feel free to not speculate and I will free to do so.

Have a great day!

• Upvote 12
  • Love 3

The only real way to get rid of body image issues is to stop giving a fuck about what other people think.  I say this as an obese person who was miserable all the time because of real or supposed fat shaming.  I can't control what other people say or do.  I can control how I react.  I turned my misery into fuel for getting healthy.  It was hard, but I did it, and I'm much happier.

Having said all that, fundies get what they deserve.  They actively work to strip other people of their rights and to create a theocracy.  They demonize LGBT, subjugate and abuse women, abuse children, and the list goes on.  Sorry, not sorry for feeling they need huge doses of their own medicine.  I just can't muster any sympathy anymore.

And if what I say hurts someone's feelings, that's their problem, not mine.  Their issues won't magically go away by me or anyone else being nicer.  That's hard to hear/read, but it's true.  I learned that lesson a long time ago.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 9

3 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

The only real way to get rid of body image issues is to stop giving a fuck about what other people think.

This is so true, and I admire the way you approach it. But I’d still like to think we can create a culture where we stop using abusive or questionable language to describe bodies. I think things have already changed from the time when I was growing up and people commented on every aspect of women’s appearances. Weight shaming and comments about weight are somehow still acceptable though. I think we can all do better.

• Upvote 7

i find it interesting that people get offended by pregnancy speculation.

All of the adult kids make probably more money of the sale of baby pictures then any honest day of work. 

All of the Lady Duggarling make money of selling the making of babies, sandwiches and home decor as the only godly option for women everywhere. The Duggar women would in a heart beat vote away any others women right to 'no pregnancy'. The Duggar women would vote a way a womens right to vote if they be given half a chance.

I get that pregnancy speculation may be a bit noisy, but fact is these guys pretend to not prevent, to be very godly and she is very submissive and obedient and and and and , and thus the only thing about her that anyone can speculate about is when she is with child again. Because unless she starts doing stuff on her own, she is happy to be a nice looking Trophy wife who is seen toeing the line at all cost.

And if they really did mind the speculation they could share their form of pregnancy prevention so that other godly godly pro life women may too only have a child every several years.  Or maybe talk about how God is influencing their ways into not having 19 children at all costs.

But they don't do that, so in a way the invite speculation. The sad thing is that pregnancy speculation is the most exiting thing about both of them. So why the offense? 

1 minute ago, Sabine said:

All of the adult kids make probably more money of the sale of baby pictures then any honest day of work. 

All of the Lady Duggarling make money of selling the making of babies, sandwiches and home decor as the only godly option for women everywhere. The Duggar women would in a heart beat vote away any others women right to 'no pregnancy'. The Duggar women would vote a way a womens right to vote if they be given half a chance.

I get that pregnancy speculation may be a bit noisy, but fact is these guys pretend to not prevent, to be very godly and she is very submissive and obedient and and and and , and thus the only thing about her that anyone can speculate about is when she is with child again. Because unless she starts doing stuff on her own, she is happy to be a nice looking Trophy wife who is seen toeing the line at all cost.

And if they really did mind the speculation they could share their form of pregnancy prevention so that other godly godly pro life women may too only have a child every several years.  Or maybe talk about how God is influencing their ways into not having 19 children at all costs.

But they don't do that, so in a way they invite speculation. The sad thing is that pregnancy speculation is the most exiting thing about both of them. So why the offense? 

Edited by Sabine
i merged a post and have no idea how i did that and can't undo. sorry for the mess. :)
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, Sabine said:

But they don't do that, so in a way the invite speculation. The sad thing is that pregnancy speculation is the most exiting thing about both of them. So why the offense? 

I can't speak for everyone, but my distaste isn't with pregnancy speculation as a general rule, it's with the scrutiny of a woman's body and the expectation that her stomach either be perfectly flat and if it isn't, one must discern the reason. Because god forbid a woman have a tummy without there being an explanation. 

When Anna, who has notoriously consistent spacing between her kids, gets to 18 months or so since her last birth and people start with the "I wonder when she will announce" or "I bet she's already pregnant" I see nothing wrong with that. It's when it gets to "It's been 18 months since her last kid, and look at her stomach!" That it becomes body shaming. 

It doesn't even necessarily bother me that the Duggars may read it and be upset, or even that someone here may read it and get upset. But it is normalizing societies view that women's bodies exist only for the consumption and enjoyment of others. I don't like any justification for it, to be honest. Sure, we can make an excuse when we do it to the Duggars, "This is what they want, this is how they get famous" and then when we do it to a movie star, "Well, they chose to be famous, they gave up their privacy." Well, what will the excuse be when we are doing it to the neighbour? She doesn't usually wear flowy tops? Her stomach was flat a couple of weeks ago? Why normalize it at all? There is no reason to comment on the shape of another person's body at all. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 10

25 minutes ago, Mimosa said:

I can't speak for everyone, but my distaste isn't with pregnancy speculation as a general rule, it's with the scrutiny of a woman's body and the expectation that her stomach either be perfectly flat and if it isn't, one must discern the reason. Because god forbid a woman have a tummy without there being an explanation. 

When Anna, who has notoriously consistent spacing between her kids, gets to 18 months or so since her last birth and people start with the "I wonder when she will announce" or "I bet she's already pregnant" I see nothing wrong with that. It's when it gets to "It's been 18 months since her last kid, and look at her stomach!" That it becomes body shaming. 

It doesn't even necessarily bother me that the Duggars may read it and be upset, or even that someone here may read it and get upset. But it is normalizing societies view that women's bodies exist only for the consumption and enjoyment of others. I don't like any justification for it, to be honest. Sure, we can make an excuse when we do it to the Duggars, "This is what they want, this is how they get famous" and then when we do it to a movie star, "Well, they chose to be famous, they gave up their privacy." Well, what will the excuse be when we are doing it to the neighbour? She doesn't usually wear flowy tops? Her stomach was flat a couple of weeks ago? Why normalize it at all? There is no reason to comment on the shape of another person's body at all. 

well personally i do non of that. But for what its worth they are part of a fertility cult. So far non of the adult children have said anything other then leave it over to god to the amount of children i have. Which as we know has very little to do with God. 

They marry them off young, and the women are expected to have a child asap, so as to show that they are blessed by god, that she is fertile, and he is virile. And they make money of the baby the moment they admit they are pregnant.

Non of us would be here speculating to anything about these guys were it not for their parents making money of having babies and them as adults now continuing to do so. 

No one would watch anything about them were it not for the freak show their parents created. If JigJer were to go off social media, get jobs and so on and so forth, people would discuss this. But they don't. So bad sermons it is for him, and for her how many babies she will have to show off her value.

I don't agree with their outluck on life, but that is how they make their life. So yeah, once you make money out of peddling a certain point of view in public life you also have to live with the fact that people are as judgy judgy as they themselves are. 

For me i don't look at their bodies, i simply would assume it is time again if they have regular intercourse she is due, unless they have a way of preventing pregnancy, and by all means lets spekulate on that. 

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Sabine said:

well personally i do non of that. But for what its worth they are part of a fertility cult. So far non of the adult children have said anything other then leave it over to god to the amount of children i have. Which as we know has very little to do with God. 

They marry them off young, and the women are expected to have a child asap, so as to show that they are blessed by god, that she is fertile, and he is virile. And they make money of the baby the moment they admit they are pregnant.

Non of us would be here speculating to anything about these guys were it not for their parents making money of having babies and them as adults now continuing to do so. 

No one would watch anything about them were it not for the freak show their parents created. If JigJer were to go off social media, get jobs and so on and so forth, people would discuss this. But they don't. So bad sermons it is for him, and for her how many babies she will have to show off her value.

I don't agree with their outluck on life, but that is how they make their life. So yeah, once you make money out of peddling a certain point of view in public life you also have to live with the fact that people are as judgy judgy as they themselves are. 

For me i don't look at their bodies, i simply would assume it is time again if they have regular intercourse she is due, unless they have a way of preventing pregnancy, and by all means lets spekulate on that. 

I think we have the same feelings. I'm not much for speculating pregnancy, but I am interested in Jill and Derrick in terms of whether or not this space between Sam and a new pregnancy is intentional or not and I interested to see when or if she will announce. What I'm not going to do is examine her mid section in every photo, or comment that her face is looking plump in a photo so she must be pregnant. Sure, it starts out with looking at the Duggar's that way. But how long until you (general you) are looking at your neighbour thinking "Hey, Sally's looking more filled out lately, I bet she's pregnant" and then before long you're (general again) the clueless oaf in the grocery store asking the woman with a newborn in her cart when she's due. It just shouldn't be normal to view and comment on women's bodies in that way. 

Felicity is nearly 2, so there are lots of interesting discussions to be had regarding whether or not they are spacing intentionally or when they will have a second baby, I just think the speculating can be done without commenting on their bodies

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, Mimosa said:

Felicity is nearly 2, so there are lots of interesting discussions to be had regarding whether or not they are spacing intentionally or when they will have a second baby, I just think the speculating can be done without commenting on their bodies

that is a given.

Funny i never had children, i can't. but now in my middle years i have grown a bit of a tummy and someone asked me if i was pregnant. He was Fidjian worker at the company where i was worked and he looked terrified when i told him that i can't have children.  

Sometimes that just happens. Women have children, and sometimes a skinny person grows a bit of tummy and people assume. 

However the Duggar  invite that speculation - that is their business model. Their whole raison d'etre is based around keeping women pregnant. Getting them pregnant as soon as possible after marrying them off. So yeah, when a few years pass and nothing happens people speculate. As for pictures. I hardly look at them as there really is nothing much to lock at. 

I am finding the whole fertility cult aspect interesting, considering that i grew up and lived for a decade in a convent, hoping to be a perfect wife and mother, just to learn that i am not wife material and never will be a mother :) Now at over 50 i am just fascinated by how these kids are either unable or unwilling to go their own way.  

Btw, i believe that Jill and Derek may actually have the best chances of all the children. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I didn't mind pregnancy scrutiny when one of the daughters/daughter in laws was wearing an obviously hand me down maternity dress worn by one of the others (Jinger and ????) - in that case it was - why is she wearing a known maternity dress.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I haven't seen any comments that I would consider body shaming, I think Jinger is pregnant too. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, AmericanRose said:

Jinger is wearing a "Jed Duggar" hat in her live Story. ?

MDGA? Make Duggars Great Arkansas? 

• Haha 8

Jed isn’t even trying. Maybe he’s sending out mailers or phone banking but his social media is dead. No effort at all.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, artdecades said:

Jed isn’t even trying. Maybe he’s sending out mailers or phone banking but his social media is dead. No effort at all.

He is a male Duggar. The sense of entitlement runs high. They’ll probably find him a fiancée who can work social media before the election. 

• Upvote 12

6 hours ago, artdecades said:

Duggars half ass everything and expect to get by on their name.

Seriously tho, it’s free to leverage the hell out of social media, especially to connect with younger voters. He’s a moron for not using it to it’s full potential.

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Duggars half ass everything and expect to get by on their name.

Seriously tho, it’s free to leverage the hell out of social media, especially to connect with younger voters. He’s a moron for not using it to it’s full potential.

Nearer the time the sisters with the huge Instagram followings will be supporting him and Jana will probably take charge of his account. I suppose it’s a step up from washing his underwear. 

• Haha 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Did anyone see Jeremy’s new profile pic?

I cringed 

The Mayor of LA’s official profile pic for social media is him in a mask (plain black). On him, it sends a strong message about being protected and following guidelines. His expression is authoritative and somber. 

Jeremy on the other hand just looks like a pompous douche. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

At least they're wearing masks, I guess maybe it'll help promote it to their followers.  This really feels like "at least they only drowned 2 kittens and not the whole litter" though.  I don't think Jeremy can help looking like a pompous douche, it's such a core tenet of his person.

Anyone know if masks are legally required in LA?

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic