IGNORED

Jinjer 52: She and Her Narcissistic, Lazy Husband Are Riding on Coattails

HerNameIsBuffy

Until I see a baby coming out of a vagina, I do not assume pregnancy.

i just have a very cuddly figure ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Or maybe Jinger just ate a lot of quarantine snacks. Happens to the best of us. 

#fattenthecurves ?

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 35

I think we especulate about Duggar pregnancies so much because that is what they do. I mean, what does Jinger have done apart from being pregnant? Discovering radioactivity? Going to college? Discovering a new planet? The DNA structure? Having a job? Training for some kind of profession? No. As far as I know her achievements in life have been: being born in a fundie family, marrying a fundie, wearing pants, and getting pregnant. So, this is what we talk about...

• Upvote 15
  • Downvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Duggarite said:

I think we especulate about Duggar pregnancies so much because that is what they do. I mean, what does Jinger have done apart from being pregnant? Discovering radioactivity? Going to college? Discovering a new planet? The DNA structure? Having a job? Training for some kind of profession? No. As far as I know her achievements in life have been: being born in a fundie family, marrying a fundie, wearing pants, and getting pregnant. So, this is what we talk about...

I know you won't understand because people like you never do, but I'm going to say it again for others who may be reading...like I do every. single. time.

I don't give a rats ass about Jinger's feelings on this topic, except as I would anyone - it's about body scrutiny of other women which harms all women.  Including women here.  It's the same thing that makes clients ask my thin and wonderfully fit daughter if she's expecting when she chooses to wear a baby doll top.  And the millions of other women that happens to every day.  It's the idea that a woman's body is there for you all to comment on rather than it being none of your business.  

But thank you for educating me on what we talk about on FJ.  I'm pretty unfamiliar with the site.

We actually talk about a lot more than Jinger's waistline - however if that's the only thing that interests you have at it, it's not against the rules.  Neither is pushback against the rules, so there will be that as well, because the viewpoint that unless a woman discovers a new planet her body is up for grabs is fucking gross.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

In all fairness to the OP, Jinger was raised and still, from what I can see, glorifies pregnancy, more soldiers for Jesus and all that crap.  Maybe we shouldn’t speculate but we do and I think if they want to be breakout stars they’re kinda asking for it.

On another note, I shared an elevator in the hospital with a heavily pregnant woman and I wanted to touch her tummy sooo bad.   I would never, but I sure wanted to.  I don’t know why.  ?

Edited by Don'tlikekoolaid
*this was way before the virus
  • Upvote 9

1 minute ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

In all fairness to the OP, Jinger was raised and still, from what I can see, glorifies pregnancy, more soldiers for Jesus and all that crap.  Maybe we shouldn’t speculate but we do and I think if they want to be breakout stars they’re kinda asking for it.

On another note, I shared an elevator in the hospital with a heavily pregnant woman and I wanted to touch her tummy sooo bad.   I would never, but I sure wanted to.  I don’t know why.  ?

Sure, if that's what you guys enjoy have at it.

I do hope either you all are so physically perfect that no stranger could ever find something to criticize about your body AND that you wear clothes that show the flatness of your tummy at all times (because even very thin women in baggy or flared tops get the question a lot) or I hope you're all good sports when strangers comment about your tummies.

And just fyi it's not about pregnancy speculation.  Her hashtag the other day something about fitpregnancy, or spacing...no one ever pushes back against that.

I'm not saying any of you have to care, but when you do this you hurt people here.  Readers of FJ who don't feel 100% great about their bodies all the time.  The casual scrutiny makes them hesitant about having their pic taken if they aren't perfect, makes them feel like even amongst women they are somehow less than for not living up to some perfect idealized version of themselves.

And no, not me.  Years ago, sure, I would have been hurt by that thinking omg I'm that size, I must be fat if people think she's pregnant...but I'm way past giving a shit what a bunch of internet critics think.  But I have heard from people who do find that shit fat shaming and emotionally painful to read and yeah...it's not against the rules so they will find that here from time to time.  But is putting out that kind of casual shaming worth hurting other people just to wonder if she's pregnant when that's not going to make her announcement come one moment sooner?

I'm done replying to this so have at it ... but sometimes even if you think something is NBD when you find out you're genuinely hurting others maybe wonder if it's worth it.  

Have at it - I've said my piece and past experience tells me it won't matter.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 4

I just want to say I truly do not care one whit if she or any of them are pregnant. I’m more fascinated with people’s fascination with them, including my own.

I don’t know why I am, and that, too, is fascinating (and puzzling) to me.

• Upvote 13

I have to admit, I am pretty much only interested in the Duggars (and fundies in general, I guess) for data purposes now. I’m interested in how many kids they have, how the genetics play out, what they name them, what the spacing is like, how long they court, are engaged for, how old they are when they marry, etc. Basically everything Duggar Data tracks. And then if there are any big events or scandals, or someone genuinely leaves fundamentalism, but that doesn’t happen often.

As far as what they believe, and why, and their political activities, and how they should be judged, and whether certain things are okay or not okay to speculate about, honestly, just for me personally, there’s nothing left to say. I’ve been following and talking about them for a decade now and most arguments like this (‘is pregnancy speculation body shaming’/‘what is or is not fundie-lite’/‘is it okay to talk about their clothes or cooking or baby names without explicitly acknowledging that they’re dangerous fundamentalists’ etc. etc.’... I just don’t care anymore. I’ve had the same discussions countless times over the years and I find there’s always going to be disagreement and there will never be consensus about any of these things. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

I dunno either. I always want to touch pregnant bellies. I don’t (usually) unless I know them personally. There is just something so delightful, nurturing, expectAnt and exciting about a baby bump. I just want to touch and be in that aura of amazing ness. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Thanks to all the TV shows and movies of women giving birth in an elevator I get very, very nervous every time I end up in one with a very pregnant woman. I so not the person you want to be stuck in an elevator giving birth because I don't think I could pull it together to help. I don't think I'd pass out. But throwing up on the other hand. 

• Haha 18

10 hours ago, Duggarite said:

Jinger was un-pregnant for a whole year after her wedding. And has been un-pregnant for a year and a half after Felicity was born. While it would be normal for her to be pregnant at this point, it is not true that pregnancy is the only thing she does. She may be less fertile than her mother or just using BC, but she's not defined for her fertility right now.

Anyway, around the world there are millions of women who do no discover radioactivity, don't have jobs, din't create art works, but still are not focusing in having children and do not deserve to be body shamed just because they stay at home. 

I'm.sure it wasn't your intention, but your comment was hurtful for many, many women. Even me, who has career, may feel hurt: in case I leave my job, would it allow people to look at my belly to bet if I'm pregnant or not? Just because I'm not *productive* or *creative*?

• Upvote 20
  • Love 8

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Jinger was un-pregnant for a whole year after her wedding. And has been un-pregnant for a year and a half after Felicity was born. While it would be normal for her to be pregnant at this point, it is not true that pregnancy is the only thing she does. She may be less fertile than her mother or just using BC, but she's not defined for her fertility right now.

Anyway, around the world there are millions of women who do no discover radioactivity, don't have jobs, din't create art works, but still are not focusing in having children and do not deserve to be body shamed just because they stay at home. 

I'm.sure it wasn't your intention, but your comment was hurtful for many, many women. Even me, who has career, may feel hurt: in case I leave my job, would it allow people to look at my belly to bet if I'm pregnant or not? Just because I'm not *productive* or *creative*?

I think the difference with the Duggars and Bates is that their parents made a living off of breeding, and most of the second generation members of these families are doing the EXACT same thing. They are selling their reproductive proclivities for profit. At one point, the d*mn name of the Duggars’ show was Counting One. That IS exactly why they are known. I seriously doubt most folks could name their exact political views (could likely guess) or know about blanket training, no sheets, feeding babies out of tin cans or sleeping in pack n plays, but everyone knows WHY they are D list famous. Bummer that some are bummed by those facts. Most people don’t have the time to learn all the “in the weeds” details of their nasty beliefs. Reality bites.

ETA- Yes, I am aware that many of the dangers related to these folks are located in the “in the weeds” details. Sometimes we forget that their kids have been as damaged by these beliefs as anyone else, and most are continuing that noxious cycle.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 13
  • Love 2

These families are famous for no other reason than having babies. That's it. It is completely fair to speculate on their pregnancies. I would never speculate on any women outside of these families. I do not understand why it makes people on FJ so angry when others speculate if a Duggar, Bates, etc are pregnant. Their whole schtick is HAVING BABIES! Frankly, that's the only reason I check in each day. "Did anyone announce a pregnancy today?" 

Now--if (hahaha) a married couple from these families were to say "Look, we are only having two kids" or whatever number, then I'd probably stop speculating. But there isn't even one couple who has said they will have a small family. Even Alyssa Bates Webster has not outright said she will have a small family--she has alluded to 6, 8 10 kids as "smaller" but in the real world, that's not small. She has never confirmed if they are done having kids with the three girls combined with her heart issues.

These couples intentionally say nothing because they know that the mystery of the baby making train is their bread and butter.

When you make your fame and your money from having babies and being pregnant, then it's fair game for the public to speculate. 

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 8

And whether or not they’re having more babies has direct real-world implications for society. If one of them might be pregnant again, it’s noteworthy because it could be evidence that they’re still aboard the quiverfull train, and they most definitely believe that they’re birthing soldiers for Christ and working to turn the US into a Christian theocracy via childbearing. It’s not like people are idly speculating that their niece/coworker/random woman in the grocery store is pregnant because she’s wearing a baggy top. It’s a completely different situation. And frankly, I think we talk and speculate about a lot of things here that would probably hurt Jinger’s feelings far more than comments like ‘I wonder if she’s hiding a baby bump or if it’s just the way the shirt is lying’.

I actually think we do an okay job here keeping both leghumping and BEC to a minimum. I don’t think there’s a need to automatically assume that pregnancy speculation is leghumping, BEC, or body shaming. Not every comment about a woman’s body is shaming, and pregnancy is not a shameful condition. Pregnancy is one of the most relevant, on-topic subjects when it comes to discussing the Duggars. Like I said, I’ve chosen to mostly not participate in the pregnancy speculation myself these days, but that doesn’t mean it’s terrible or wrong. But like I also said, this topic comes up over and over again and there will never be a consensus. 

Edited by singsingsing
Autocorrect
  • Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

I do think Jinger will announce next, not because of how she looks, I just think she will be next to have another. 

• I Agree 2

48 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

It is completely fair to speculate on their pregnancies.

I think the point isn’t whether it’s fair to speculate on pregnancies but rather the body comments and shaming that go with it. The way people comment on women’s bodies is problematic.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Pleiades_06 said:

I think the point isn’t whether it’s fair to speculate on pregnancies but rather the body comments and shaming that go with it. The way people comment on women’s bodies is problematic.

My point is that it isn't problematic to speculate with these families. And, I readily admit, I may have missed posts, but I didn't read anything where people were shaming (omg her belly is still so big she looks preggo, etc). Speculating isn't shaming in my book. These people expect the public to make them money by buying books, watching their shows, buying whatever they are shilling online--and they expect this because they are famous for having babies and huge families. Until they say "We are preventing" or "We are done" or "We are only having 2,3,4" They will get people guessing based on body, dress, time since last pregnancy, whatever. And they LOVE the speculation. Because any publicity is good publicity. They've earned and deserve all speculation. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 5
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

They've earned and deserve all speculation. 

So fuck all the real women who actually read here who get hurt my the fat shaming.

Got it.  

• Upvote 4
  • Move Along 6
  • Downvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 4

I find pregnancy speculation profoundly weird, gross, and sexist. Also boring. Women are more than walking incubators for a male's progeny. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

19 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

So fuck all the real women who actually read here who get hurt my the fat shaming.

Got it.  

Honestly, I'm trying to figure out where the fat shaming is?  

• Upvote 14

4 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Honestly, I'm trying to figure out where the fat shaming is?  

People staring at a woman's midsection on the internet to see if it's any bigger? If she eats a burrito, people will think she's pregnant. It's weird and fat shamey. 

I once had a guy in one of my classes ask me how my baby was. I was like "WTF, I've never been pregnant." I guess last time he was in my class, i wore a baby doll dress and it was after lunch. So. Great. That's 100% sexism and body shaming. Men don't have the emotional labor of "what do I wear to day that is professional for my industry, goes with my shoes, doesn't make my body look pregnant if I eat anything, maybe I can do my hair to distract from my midsection, makeup, ugh, period bloat." Men just.. get dressed and go to work. Some guys make sure they have appropriate facial hair and their clothes match. But it's rare to find men in an office environment who are like "oh, I can't eat lunch because I'm doing a presentation at 3." They just .. eat if they are hungry, and no one thinks they are "less professional" if they are overweight. 

• Upvote 10

26 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

What a clusterfuck.

Indeed.  It's a donkey path we are doomed to tread about every six months.  Topic of doom anyone?  Isn't there just a tiny something more important in the world right now?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

My heart goes out to anyone pregnant at this time.  I know it must be a worry,  things will be fine, I’m sure.  But not a time for stress.

Here is something to make us laugh (I hope)

Spoiler

6A21748F-D01B-48EB-8433-4391DEF3BCD2.jpeg.72be9a27e1087e70bfafbfcd16776502.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

19 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I have to admit, I am pretty much only interested in the Duggars (and fundies in general, I guess) for data purposes now. I’m interested in how many kids they have, how the genetics play out, what they name them, what the spacing is like, how long they court, are engaged for, how old they are when they marry, etc. Basically everything Duggar Data tracks. And then if there are any big events or scandals, or someone genuinely leaves fundamentalism, but that doesn’t happen often.

As far as what they believe, and why, and their political activities, and how they should be judged, and whether certain things are okay or not okay to speculate about, honestly, just for me personally, there’s nothing left to say. I’ve been following and talking about them for a decade now and most arguments like this (‘is pregnancy speculation body shaming’/‘what is or is not fundie-lite’/‘is it okay to talk about their clothes or cooking or baby names without explicitly acknowledging that they’re dangerous fundamentalists’ etc. etc.’... I just don’t care anymore. I’ve had the same discussions countless times over the years and I find there’s always going to be disagreement and there will never be consensus about any of these things. 

They’re basically like Sims to me ?

(Obviously I hope they break free etc)

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic