IGNORED

Jinjer 52: She and Her Narcissistic, Lazy Husband Are Riding on Coattails

HerNameIsBuffy

Their social media strategy is all over the place...Jeremy is supposed to be a Very Serious Seminary Student, yet they are cultivating an insta-image that is really contrary to what their professed values are.  What is you trying to be, Jinge?

Oh, and they need to dump whatever agency they’re working with, unless ‘cringey dumpster fire’ is the aesthetic they’re going for.

• Upvote 15

The picture says win 8k but her post says 2 people win 4k. Which is it Jinger?

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Their social media strategy is all over the place...Jeremy is supposed to be a Very Serious Seminary Student, yet they are cultivating an insta-image that is really contrary to what their professed values are.  What is you trying to be, Jinge?

Oh, and they need to dump whatever agency they’re working with, unless ‘cringey dumpster fire’ is the aesthetic they’re going for.

They want fame and the privileges and easy money that goes with it. Do you honestly see Jeremy going back to being a minister of a church and dealing with ordinary people? He is trying to cultivate a hip celebrity pastor image and Jinger is his way to do that- she will always have more of a following than he does.

• Upvote 13

4 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

He is trying to cultivate a hip celebrity pastor image and Jinger is his way to do that- she will always have more of a following than he does.

Oh I agree that’s what they’re *trying* to do, but they’re doing it very badly. At least try to channel the Osteens or something, rather than the constant hunting for likes and views like every other ‘influencer’, no matter how they get them.

IMO it just reeks of desperation. 

• Upvote 17

Someone asked her on her most recent post what happened to the giveaway post and she replied "Appreciate your concern! ☺️ We did not review the post before it went live and are no longer in that partnership. Thank you for supporting me!? I am looking with @jeremy_vuolo at a few different options to give back and do possibly another giveaway that doesn’t require you to follow all those accounts.?

Kind of weird in my opinion to try to say that she didn't review the post when she made a video in her stories promoting it but whatever!

• Upvote 18
  • Thank You 2

30 minutes ago, Nutella Ace said:

Someone asked her on her most recent post what happened to the giveaway post and she replied "Appreciate your concern! ☺️ We did not review the post before it went live and are no longer in that partnership. Thank you for supporting me!? I am looking with @jeremy_vuolo at a few different options to give back and do possibly another giveaway that doesn’t require you to follow all those accounts.?

Kind of weird in my opinion to try to say that she didn't review the post when she made a video in her stories promoting it but whatever!

They are not intelligent people. They are lazy, entitled people. Credit given for Jinger having the sense to address the comment. 

All of them need to just go away. They all need to focus on getting jobs that align with their skill sets. None of them are bright, educated, skilled or sophisticated enough to have a media/public career. Time to move on.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

@SassyPants I agree. Why doesn't Jinger just do cheap family/baptism/graduation photography (she is decent with a camera) and her "giveaways" can be giving away photo sessions while promoting other women with small businesses. Even as a pastor's wife it could be a unique "ministry" that she has doing photography for her congregants. 

She can just maintain a regular instagram presence of a C-list celebrity without all the desperate attempts at shady promotions or products she clearly doesn't use. 

OR, she can just be a regular stay at home mom like the rest of the stay at home moms and focus on her daughter! 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Nutella Ace said:

Jinger flat out lied here. She set up that second page with videos instructing contestants how to like the pages she linked (ie take breaks...IG doesn't like it when you like a number of pages at once).  She knew exactly what she was doing. She was trying to make money off her gullible followers. The 46 sites she requested you follow all pay Jinger for the privilege of getting more followers. 

It's all a big fat scam.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

I came here to ask what those comments were about. Was it one of those "follow these accounts and be entered to win! We'll be checking!" type of giveaways? 

Posting the screenshot incase the comment mysteriously disappears. And also because the comment below it is pretty funny. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200519_003537.thumb.jpg.62ac232692d18a7d8b58aed96f73a391.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 2

I honestly think they’re running out of money and are trying to score a payday any chance they can get.  

• Upvote 8

10 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I honestly think they’re running out of money and are trying to score a payday any chance they can get.  

This last scam really reeks of desperation. Because yes, it's a scam.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Hi! With the article!

Everyone Is Giving Away Cash on Instagram

Spoiler

On March 18, as states sent nonessential workers home and companies prepared to cut costs, the fitness influencer Paige Hathaway posted a message to her more than 4 million followers on Instagram.

“I know it’s tough with the quarantine especially for those who are unable to work so I wanted to do a giveaway for someone to receive $5,000 DOLLARS,” she wrote. The post, which was removed from Instagram shortly after this article published, featured Ms. Hathaway fanning out a stack of $100 bills.

Her fans began tagging friends and commenting about how desperately they could use the money. “I could use a miracle right about now,” one woman wrote. Several users posted prayer emojis.

As the coronavirus has continued to disrupt American lives and livelihoods, Instagram has been overrun with cash giveaways like Ms. Hathaway’s. Several popular personalities have offered cash to their fans in exchange for tags, follows and comments, including Harry Jowsey, a star of the new Netflix reality show “Too Hot to Handle”; the lifestyle influencers Caitlin Covington and Laura Beverlin; and the rapper and social media star Bhad Bhabie.

To the more than 26 million U.S. residents who have filed for unemployment over the past five weeks and millions more who are struggling to cover unforeseen costs such as medical bills and weeks worth of food purchased all at once, these cash offers may look like lifelines. But though they are frequently framed as charity, the giveaways are part of a growth scheme that has become pervasive on Instagram.

Ms. Hathaway, for instance, was paid thousands of dollars by the social media marketing firm Social Stance to promote the giveaway on her feed. Potential entrants were instructed to follow a list of around 70 accounts that Social Stance was following. The company charged $900 for a slot on the list. Those who purchased “sponsor” slots could expect to earn thousands of new followers overnight.

“If you tell someone they can gain 50,000 followers in three days they’re going to do it,” said Nathan Johnson, 19, who helps YouTube and TikTok stars orchestrate giveaways. The business he runs with his 16-year-old friend Carter is simple: They pay a big influencer a certain amount of money up front to “host” a cash giveaway, then turn around and sell follow list slots to earn a profit.

“Entrepreneurs buy spots to gain followers in order to sell their courses or ebook,” Mr. Johnson said. “Models will do it to gain followers to increase engagement and charge more for brand deals. Doctors do it for credibility and to grow their personal brand.”

Louisa Warwick, the founder of Social Acceleration Group, has orchestrated seven Instagram giveaways with influencers and actresses including Tori Spelling and Natalie Halcro. Her firm is currently selling sponsor list spots for an upcoming cash giveaway by the “Teen Mom” star Farrah Abraham. Interested parties can pay just $270 to be on the list; in exchange, Ms. Warwick said they can expect to gain thousands of followers.

Instagram giveaways have been around for years. They initially emerged around 2016 when small businesses and bloggers began hosting “loop” giveaways. In order to enter, you’d have to follow a group of people, or “loop,” then return to the original person’s page and comment. Loop giveaways are frequently sponsor-free and exist as a collaboration between influencers. The giveaway that Ms. Covington and Ms. Beverlin hosted with their friends, for instance, was a loop giveaway.

But last summer, the first major wave of sponsored giveaways began cropping up. At the time, most stars were gifting things like Louis Vuitton bags, but now everyone is giving away cash. “People really need cash more than they do handbags, and logistically it’s harder to take a promotional pic with the celebrity and the bag when everyone is in lockdown,” said Ms. Warwick.

With many brand deals and sponsored trips on hold because of the virus, giveaways have provided big influencers with a way to make quick money from home. “Corona has been tough on influencers and if you get told you can make $20,000 for posting a giveaway on Instagram you’re probably going to do it,” Mr. Johnson said.

Purchasing sponsor slots on giveaways has also become the fastest and cheapest way to grow on Instagram. “You suddenly get this surge of followers,” said Dr. Thomas Connelly, a cosmetic dentist, who has purchased spots in Kardashian giveaways. “What these giveaway campaigns do is force exposure to live human beings. Then, those people can make a choice as to whether they want to keep following.”

Dr. Connelly said he is pitched daily to be a sponsor. “In advertising there’s really not a whole lot of choices these days,” he said. “With this, you pay anywhere between $10,000 and $20,000, and you become one of these 70 people that Kim Kardashian or Kylie Jenner says, ‘Hey go follow if you want to win cash.’”

When it comes to the people buying giveaway sponsor slots, “the biggest buyers are plastic surgeons and entrepreneurs,” Mr. Johnson said. Ms. Warwick echoed his assertion; each of the giveaways she has organized included doctors.

“It’s the demographic and age group we’re targeting,” said Dr. Nicole Nemeth, an owner of Plastic Surgery of Westchester. “It’s the people we’d want to market to, they are the ones looking at these influencers.”

“Giveaways allow you to target a demographic that you normally would not be able to reach with such precision,” said Dr. Neal Blitz, a foot surgeon known online as the Bunion King. In his case, he said, that is “women who wear heels and their feet are devastated by the heels.”

“There’s all different ways you can advertise of course,” Dr. Blitz said, “but the younger generation is more interested in Instagram and knowing who you are.” He has sponsored several large influencer giveaways and said that they result in followers who have a much stronger bond than if they simply find your account through a Google or Facebook ad.

Preston Million, the founder and C.E.O. of the digital marketing agency Influential Management, said that up-and-coming artists also frequently buy sponsor spots in influencer giveaways. “It helps with perception when they’re trying to shop themselves around to labels,” he said. “The alternative is to buy ads through Instagram, which can be more expensive. Normally, it would cost around $10,000 to gain 100,000 followers through Instagram ads. Through a giveaway, you could spend $2,000 and grow the same amount.”

Jordan Lintz, a founder of HighKey Clout, one of the largest Instagram giveaway companies, said that he doesn’t like to frame it as buying followers. “It’s like sponsoring an internet event,” he said. Upcoming giveaways are announced on their verified Instagram page, and past winners and campaign results are featured prominently on the company’s website.

Not all giveaways are run with the same level of transparency. “A lot of meme pages are doing fake giveaways right now,” said Mr. Johnson. “Some influencers are too.” Mr. Johnson said that a legitimate giveaway will always announce and tag a winner. Liraz Roxy, a social media influencer in Los Angeles, said she’s refused to participate in any sponsored giveaways. “It’s all very shady,” she said.

A Facebook company spokesperson said that many cash giveaways could be in violation of the company’s community guidelines. “This isn’t the kind of experience we want to create on Instagram,” the spokesperson said by email. Additionally, according to Robert Freund, an attorney who offers a legal training course for influencers, many of these cash giveaways could violate state sweepstakes laws.

“There are a lot of state, federal and local laws that regulate the sweepstakes promotional space and there are special considerations when you run promotions online with influencers,” he said.

For instance, these giveaways need clear terms and conditions, and must verify the age and location of participants, something Mr. Freund said he hasn’t seen most influencer giveaways do. Influencers should also disclose that they are being paid to promote these giveaways.

“Right now there’s a trend where influencers are making it seem like these cash giveaways are out of the goodness of their heart because of Covid,” said Mr. Freund. “But, if they’re getting compensated, they need to disclose that fact when they promote the giveaway and make posts about it. Disclosure in influencer marketing is an area that the F.T.C. is paying a lot more attention to recently and regulators are watching.”

Some influencers, however, aren’t being paid to promote free cash — they’re just giving it away. On April 15, Katie Sturino and three fellow body positive influencers pooled together $6,000 of their own money for a giveaway. Entrants were encouraged to follow all four influencers, and the winner was selected at random.

Ms. Sturino frequently gives away products on her page, but she thought money would be better put to use right now.

“The reception was positive,” said Ms. Sturino. “People were excited that we were giving away cash and they were excited to learn about other Instagrammers who have a positive message. What we did didn’t feel shady. It was a really cool positive thing.”

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 13

From the article it said that influencers  should disclose that they're being paid. Jinger didn't, and she went on to say her giveaway wasn't an ad, when in fact the whole giveaway was sponsored. I guess the Vuolos have a lot of $$$ to return to the accounts they were funneling to in order for them to gain followers.

• Upvote 9

How long wasn’t their tenancy in their church property? I just wondered if this was a cash grab as they need a deposit on somewhere to live and they’ve blown all their money on photo shoots, meals out and clothes.

• Upvote 10

5 hours ago, Idlewild said:

How long wasn’t their tenancy in their church property? I just wondered if this was a cash grab as they need a deposit on somewhere to live and they’ve blown all their money on photo shoots, meals out and clothes.

I think it was supposed to be 6-8 months (?) and they've been there longer than that.  Having to move out soon would explain the cash grab.  

• Upvote 1

JB via Gothard really did set all these people up for a world of hurt by preaching ( and in JB’s case actually role modeling) the idea that most adults do not need to work outside their family or home for a living. JB convinced his kids that working for someone else is bad and sinful, and when you add that brainwashing to the clear lack of useful education, all you have left is a pile of scammers. They scam because that’s all they know how to do. They scam because it worked for their parents. Many people are inherently lazy and want to get the most for doing the least amount of work possible. Most of those who have entered Duggarville have hopped right on to the lazy train. Isn’t laziness and sloth a sin? Gothard must have skipped right over that one.

• Upvote 12

I'm guessing the pandemic has extended their stay in the school residence.  I'm sure the cash grab is simply the cost of living So Cal is through the roof, they moved from a very inexpensive area to LA, I'm sure the cost of living is more than double what they are used too. Being poseurs isn't cheap, especially in LALA land.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

Spoiler

270346365_Screenshot2020-05-19at16_41_40.png.07e37a23ebdf3c55d3dd98d83729f4bb.png

The comment at the bottom of this image amused me, it's so on the nail. I'm surprised she's not deleting things like that!

• Haha 25

The humpers are out in force in defence of Jinger “maybe she got hacked” “she didn’t know the others were sinful types” “ She is so gracious for explaining herself to us”

They all refuse to see the truth- Jinger used her popularity to grab cash and once again it backfired because the dollar signs meant she was too sloppy to check it out. It’s only when she got pushback she realised it wasn’t in line with the image she is trying to cultivate. She makes no apology even though some of them said they spent a long time commenting on all the accounts in the hope of winning and tried to dress it up as an act of charity.Her vague promise of a giveaway in the future- you can be sure it won’t be her money they’re giving  away. Someone should tell her she’s not actually a princess- whatever Jeremy says.

• Upvote 12

i can’t figure out why Jinger hasn’t been able to figure out social media.
Maybe it’s because she has no idea what makes her unique or interesting outside of her family. She seems like she’s trying to distance herself from them and create her own brand, but has no clue what she wants to be (she seemed super artsy growing up...now Jana is the one who watercolors, decorates, and gardens).

I love stumbling across influencer accounts that intrigue me...(I just discovered Turtle Creek Lane and find it fascinating)...and am impressed by people like Designer Daddy who has turned a hobby into a career into getting noticed by Disney. These people had to build their audiences from scratch. The Duggar girls all got to 1 million followers fairly quickly and Jinger seems to have no clue what to do with them. There’s lots of reality TV stars, Broadway stars, etc. who have just a few hundred thousand followers but they’re incredibly engaged with their followers, act like they’re genuinely friends with them, post content that their followers love (Jamie Otis from Married at First Sight was live streaming a bit of her home birth last week), and seem very aware of what their brand is.
I can’t figure out if Jinger is just very private and doesn’t actually want to allow that much access to her life so everything is carefully staged and obviously not at all a look into her everyday life, or she just hasn’t found her niche yet. 

• Upvote 11

8 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

Maybe it’s because she has no idea what makes her unique or interesting outside of her family. She seems like she’s trying to distance herself from them and create her own brand, but has no clue what she wants to be (she seemed super artsy growing up...now Jana is the one who watercolors, decorates, and gardens).

I love stumbling across influencer accounts that intrigue me...(I just discovered Turtle Creek Lane and find it fascinating)...and am impressed by people like Designer Daddy who has turned a hobby into a career into getting noticed by Disney. These people had to build their audiences from scratch. The Duggar girls all got to 1 million followers fairly quickly and Jinger seems to have no clue what to do with them. There’s lots of reality TV stars, Broadway stars, etc. who have just a few hundred thousand followers but they’re incredibly engaged with their followers, act like they’re genuinely friends with them, post content that their followers love (Jamie Otis from Married at First Sight was live streaming a bit of her home birth last week), and seem very aware of what their brand is.
I can’t figure out if Jinger is just very private and doesn’t actually want to allow that much access to her life so everything is carefully staged and obviously not at all a look into her everyday life, or she just hasn’t found her niche yet. 

Maybe it’s because before she got married everything was organised for her- she did what her parents wanted her to do or what TLC set up- all the trips, opportunities and publicity arranged for her. Jeremy likes the publicity but wants a more sophisticated and intellectual image which he thinks he portrays by posing with lots of books. A proper publicist would help but I honestly think they are both personality vacuums - Jinger was the eye rolling artsy one because that’s how TLC edited her to look. Her dedicated followers love her as she is- she should stick to the ‘wholesome’ brands the others promote - but I doubt they pay enough for the life she and Jeremy want.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

@DalmatianCat None of the Duggarlings were raised to think, much less think outside the box. I'm guessing from about Jinger on down, to the youngest howlers, these kids, have AT BEST, a 6th grade education. They have absolutely no critical thinking skills and probably don't have a lot of problem solving skills, above the practical kinds, like I'm out of eggs what can I substitute in this recipe. She wasn't raised to think, she was raised to do as she's told so she's floundering. As is Jill, the difference is Derrick is allowing Jill to learn for herself, where as Jeremy is having Jinger do what he wants her too when he wants her to.  Most of her flip flopping on social media is Jeremy doesn't know how to brand himself. So far NOTHING is catching on, mostly because he's trying to have his cake and eat it too (stay fundy while still appealing to the non fundy masses), and that is leading he & Jinger nowhere. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

I’ve been following turtle creek lane since Christmas and I’m so confused by it. It’s like one big gigantic, tacky Sandra Lee tablescape. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, princessmahina said:

I’ve been following turtle creek lane since Christmas and I’m so confused by it. It’s like one big gigantic, tacky Sandra Lee tablescape. 

Holy crap, I just checked out that Instagram and you weren’t kidding!! There’s so much tacky, all over there place decor for every season and holiday and SO MUCH COLOR. It looks like Candyland came to life with all those colors. Thanks for my new pastime while I jump down this rabbit hole!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Ok I just wanna put this out there for speculation and input. 
jeremy playing soccer with felicity? If and when he gets a boy old enough to play with, will felicity get dumped. 
will felicity be allowed to play on a real team? Only if he doesn’t have a male, or regardless?

we still have a few years yet to find out. Not sure about US but Australia kids can start team soccer the year they are turning five. 
If he has a male before then will he “bother” putting felicity in (if he was intending too) or just wait for his son. 
if he turns out to be a serious sexist soccer ass, I hope his son/s are shit at soccer and his girls he denied are fabulous. 

• Upvote 12

• Coconut Flan locked this topic