IGNORED

Jinjer 52: She and Her Narcissistic, Lazy Husband Are Riding on Coattails

HerNameIsBuffy

3 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

We also have the Forsyths storyline of Annabel and the new pregnancy, which I think will be the main one this season.

Of course - thanks, I completely forgot about them but Joy seems more into her YouTube channel ! 
I think JB will try and push Jed to promote his political ambitions. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Of course - thanks, I completely forgot about them but Joy seems more into her YouTube channel ! 
I think JB will try and push Jed to promote his political ambitions. 

I do agree that I don't think Joy will like it but it seems like the storyline that TLC probably would like to push: it is emotional, different from other seasons and it will cause some buzz.

• Upvote 5

On 4/27/2020 at 11:32 AM, AprilQuilt said:

a) 'Publicity' is amazing!

b) I've been home with my baby all year and this does feel different! Granted I'm in the UK so maybe the guidelines aren't quite the same, but until now I've been used to taking my baby out to groups, activities, soft play, grocery shopping, to visit friends, or to the playpark to let off steam. We're always out and about. And when things got tough I could always send out an 'emergency flare' text and another mum friend could come over to distract my baby while I got shit done, stroll with us round the park, or set the world to rights over coffee. I relied on that human contact and support more than I thought.

It's so different now. Being home all the time with no variation in toys (although I do try to rotate them), no friends to play with or to drop by when things get really tough, nowhere to go but our garden (which I'm seriously grateful for) - it's hard. It's so confusing for my daughter who goes insane whenever she sees other people at a distance. So I think yes, the Duggar mums are definitely trying to put up 'relatable' social media, but for me there's a difference between being a stay-at-home mum and a lockdown mum.

I’m also in the UK and on mat leave. Completely agree, being at home 24/7 with a baby is hard going (although I do understand why it has to be done and count my lucky stars that we have all remained healthy so far). Being a new mum can feel isolating as it is and groups, getting out to the park and play dates are usually our lifeline. Sending solidarity to you! Life is different for everyone right now, whether you’re usually a SAHM or not. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Are they allowed to talk about Jed running for office or is that a conflict of interest? 

I don't think they can legally give him free airtime unless they give his opponent = air time or at least offer it. But these are the trump years and it seems there are no rules as far as republicans go so, who the hell knows. 

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I don't think they can legally give him free airtime unless they give his opponent = air time or at least offer it. But these are the trump years and it seems there are no rules as far as republicans go so, who the hell knows. 

I think Reagan decimated the equal time laws back in the 80’s. If I recall correctly that is how the US ended up with Fox “News”.

• Upvote 9

And they weren’t supposed to be showing JB & Michelle after the scandal but now they’re on practically every episode. JB sees the show as part of their ministry- he obviously likes the cash too- at first it was to push the agenda after his own political career failed and I’m sure he intended Josh to eventually run for office and take over the show. Once that went down the toilet he regrouped and now Jessa is the next generation spokesperson until someone with a penis can take over. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Alysabeth said:

I’m also in the UK and on mat leave. Completely agree, being at home 24/7 with a baby is hard going (although I do understand why it has to be done and count my lucky stars that we have all remained healthy so far). Being a new mum can feel isolating as it is and groups, getting out to the park and play dates are usually our lifeline. Sending solidarity to you! Life is different for everyone right now, whether you’re usually a SAHM or not. 

My daughter just had her fourth birthday, if this had of hit when she was a newborn, I would have been all alone, sick with a preemie. I feel for all the new mums out there. the little outings to get baby weighed or catching up with friends or just showing my sweet baby off were life saving. I did spend most of my time at home but I could not imagine how it would be now. Best wishes to you. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

I also feel for moms of toddlers. When I cared for a little guy and he had a bad case of the naughties or just didn't want to listen, we would frequently go on a made-up trip to the grocery store right around the corner even if just picking up one item because I knew we needed to get out of the house. By the time we got home, he was his sweet self again. I can only think of two or three times in the four years I cared for him that he was really naughty in the store.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

On 4/25/2020 at 4:18 AM, lezajenda said:

What I wouldn't give to watch jb watching jingers latest audible recommendation ?

Screenshot_20200424-221154.png

The book is good and interesting, hope she liked it. Michelle Obama is so cool

Edited by seraaa
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I also think Michelle Obama is an amazing woman. It would be great if Jinger really did listen to it. But, I have my doubts that she actually listened to her book. I keep getting Audible ads on YouTube, and her book is always one of the slides/examples. If Jinger actually commented on the content of the book, like a topic or a quote or whatever, then I'd find it much more believable that she actually listened to it. Instead, she literally only says that she's listening to it. I think she had other motives to listen to it, like appealing to a more liberal audience, trying to be more relevant, etc. 

IIRC Jana did an Audible ad for Girl Defined. That made more sense to me.

• Upvote 14

14 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

I also think Michelle Obama is an amazing woman. It would be great if Jinger really did listen to it. But, I have my doubts that she actually listened to her book. I keep getting Audible ads on YouTube, and her book is always one of the slides/examples. If Jinger actually commented on the content of the book, like a topic or a quote or whatever, then I'd find it much more believable that she actually listened to it. Instead, she literally only says that she's listening to it. I think she had other motives to listen to it, like appealing to a more liberal audience, trying to be more relevant, etc. 

IIRC Jana did an Audible ad for Girl Defined. That made more sense to me.

I also don’t think she actually read it. People were theorizing that she only posted about it so that she wouldn’t lose sponsorships because of her views anymore. I think that’s quite possible tbh.

Also, sometimes companies just give you everything that they want you to post, all you have to do is upload it. 

• Upvote 12

Does Jingers hair look blonder to anyone else. I wouldn’t put it past her to get it done while talking about social distancing. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Does Jingers hair look blonder to anyone else. I wouldn’t put it past her to get it done while talking about social distancing. 

I'm wondering if it has more to do with her doing her hairs/ versus throwing it back in a bun. In a lot of recent photos she is without make-up and hair is just thrown back and it does look very dark to me. But then in other's where her hair is down and straightened it looks really light. But I would NOT put it past her finding a "friend" to do her hair at her house, etc.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

Hair salons in California are still closed, so I really doubt she had it done recently. I cannot see Jinger or Jeremy wanting to deal with the legal problems, scrutiny, or public backlash.

• Upvote 5

She could have purchased a rinse or toner to keep the brassiness down which is easy enough to apply at home.  I bought some color from my stylist when we knew we were going into stay at home.  Since I've watched her do it for quite the number of years, she was comfortable with me doing it a couple times for myself.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 10

52 minutes ago, mpheels said:

Hair salons in California are still closed, so I really doubt she had it done recently. I cannot see Jinger or Jeremy wanting to deal with the legal problems, scrutiny, or public backlash.

I live in the San Fernando valley which is where they live. I have definitely heard of clandestine meetings where hair dressers go to clients homes and do their hair

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 4:29 PM, Idlewild said:

Taking my seat on the speculation bus- the series starts again in the UK in July. What have they got? There’ll be a lot of rehashing the births from earlier on, Jinger’s trip to the big house- one outing was clearly for filming as Jill wasn’t invited until the following day, possible announcement re Jinger and so lots of flashbacks about Felicity, and Jeremy being solemn with a book or wacky with an ice cream,  possible courtship for one of the boys and a lot of home made how we got through the pandemic videos where the Duggars will lie their backsides off about social distancing. I don’t see it bringing in huge ratings. 

It's possible ratings will be up because people will have nothing to do as social distancing/lockdown will almost definitely still be in place in July. 

Edited by jillsdopplerofdoom
  • Upvote 3

Have  they done  birth specials for all of the grandchildren? I don't remember JD and Abbys birth special but. I assume  they had one. 

• Upvote 3

On 5/1/2020 at 11:09 AM, Coconut Flan said:

She could have purchased a rinse or toner to keep the brassiness down which is easy enough to apply at home.  I bought some color from my stylist when we knew we were going into stay at home.  Since I've watched her do it for quite the number of years, she was comfortable with me doing it a couple times for myself.

Yep, people are bored and since we're staying in for weeks everyone is eager to experiment with hair colours.

I thought it would be the perfect time to finally try some dark pink, but every store, even online was sold out of color and developers.

• Upvote 7

16 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

Yep, people are bored and since we're staying in for weeks everyone is eager to experiment with hair colours.

I thought it would be the perfect time to finally try some dark pink, but every store, even online was sold out of color and developers.

Yeah as soon as school ends in June and I no longer have to teach via video conferencing and sit through Zoom meetings I’m dying my hair pink for the summer. I have a color depositing conditioner that is phenomenal and it’ll be a fun change. Lockdown is already starting to end in my state with our governor ending our work or home order, but schools were closed through the end of the school year and I am still not going out and risking getting sick. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

Yeah as soon as school ends in June and I no longer have to teach via video conferencing and sit through Zoom meetings I’m dying my hair pink for the summer. I have a color depositing conditioner that is phenomenal and it’ll be a fun change. Lockdown is already starting to end in my state with our governor ending our work or home order, but schools were closed through the end of the school year and I am still not going out and risking getting sick. 

Oh, which conditioner?

If anyone knows where to order Redken colors online, shipping from Australia, please let me know :)

Yeah, I don't care if they ease restrictions either, I'll stay put and safe for as long as possible.

They've just slightly eased restrictions in European countries who managed fairly well like Germany and the curve went up immediately, not keen on a second wave

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Just now, squiddysquid said:

Oh, which conditioner?

If anyone knows where to order Redken colors online, shipping from Australia, please let me know :)

Yeah, I don't care if they ease restrictions either, I'll stay put and safe for as long as possible.

They've just slightly eased restrictions in European countries who managed fairly well like Germany and the curve went up immediately, not keen on a second wave

Keracolor’s Clenditioner! I have it in rose gold so I get subtle pink all throughout. My SIL is a hairdresser and suggested it as a nonpermanent alternative since as a teacher I can’t keep my hair pink year-round. Here’s the Amazon link to it:

https://www.amazon.com/Keracolor-Clenditioner-Depositing-Conditioner-Colorwash/dp/B072LGSKTN?th=1&psc=1

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Have  they done  birth specials for all of the grandchildren? I don't remember JD and Abbys birth special but. I assume  they had one. 

Yes, there was one for them. The actual birth wasn't filmed, just the lead up to it and the family coming over to meet the baby after they got home.

• Thank You 2

As most FJ'er are aware, John MacArthur/Master's University/Grace To You, is a very dangerous doctrine.  As an Atheist, I follow and research these various organizations. My philosophy is to know my enemy, so to speak.  I do not have issues with those of faith, only the radical/fundamentalist clothed in sheep clothing.  

The below sermon, from 5/4/20 is exactly why I remain very skeptical of Vuolo. I think there is much to be seen behind the shiny package. As I mentioned, a wolf in sheep clothing.  I suspect Vuolo is a rabid follower of all that is John MacArthur, he just knows how to package it for the public.

:Radio stream of 5/4/20 show: https://www.gty.org/broadcasts/radio/recent

:Full transcript Link of 5/4/20https://www.gty.org/library/sermons-library/81-56

:Partial transcript of 5/4/20 under spoiler: My bold

Spoiler

Now there’s no lack of clarity. Again I say, if you go back to 1 Corinthians 14, that Paul’s words could be mistaken is impossible. “As in all the churches of the saints, the women are to keep silent in the churches. They’re not permitted to speak. It’s disgraceful for a woman to speak.”

In the face of that - it might be shocking to you to know this - but in a survey conducted in 2017, about eighty percent of Americans are comfortable with a female pastor; sixty-two percent of practicing Christians are open to women pastors’ forty percent of evangelicals are fine with women pastors. In pastoral training, there is a degree, a graduate degree called a Master of Divinity. It’s, generally speaking, a three or four-year degree to prepare you for pastoral ministry. Fifty percent of women enrolled in seminaries, fifty percent of, I should say, M.Div. students in seminaries are women preparing for pastoral ministry. Twenty-five percent of seminary faculties are women; that means you have women faculty members teaching women students to be pastors. Eleven percent of seminary presidents are women; twenty-seven percent of pastors across this country are women. This is an explosion. In 1960, two percent of clergy were women. The women’s movement has basically just erupted in the church. And the last frontier for the movement is the evangelical church, the last frontier to fall victim to the rebellion of feminism along with cultural Marxism.

Perhaps women pastors and women preachers are the most obvious evidence of churches rebelling against the Bible. I can’t think of anything that’s as far-reaching and transcends all denominations as the woman’s rebellion against the Word of God with regard to women preachers. Women who pastor, women who preach in a church are a disgrace, and they openly reflect opposition to the clear command of the Word of God. This is flagrant disobedience. It has been acceptable in our culture, and now acceptable even in the evangelical world.

I read an article this week written by a woman. The title is “Have M.Div., Will Preach.” And this woman writing this article said the article is designed to answer this question: “How does sexism play a role as your congregation works to embrace the pastoral leadership of women?” So if you’re not willing to embrace the pastoral leadership of women, you’re not biblical, you’re sexist.

Why is this such a far-reaching, vast rebellion against the Word of God? Why? Well, the answer comes all the way back in Genesis chapter 3. So turn with me back to Genesis 3, and we’ll see how it all begins.

We all know the story: Adam and Eve created in the garden, innocent. Eve comes out from under the protection of Adam, has an encounter with Satan. She is seduced, deceived; she sins. Adam follows up, sins; the whole human race catapulted into corruption. So the Lord curses the participants in that. The serpent is cursed in chapter 3, verse 13 and 14, and even 15. The man is cursed in verses 17, 18, 19. But the woman is cursed in verse 16, and it’s very important. “To the woman He said,” – this is the curse of the Fall – “‘I will greatly multiply your pain in childbirth, in pain you will bring forth children; yet your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.’”

Is pain in childbirth universal? Yeah. Yeah. Every woman who ever has a child has pain. That’s universal. That’s the curse. That’s the first half of it. But the second half is equally universal. “Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.”

What is that talking about? Is that talking about sexual desire, physical desire? No, because physical desire was there before the Fall, because when God created Adam and Eve, He said, “Be fruitful and” – What? – “and multiply, fill the earth, go have babies.” What leads to babies is desire. There’s nothing wrong with a woman desiring her husband in that way. That is not the point. The point is there’s a curse on the woman, and the curse is that she has a desire toward her husband, and he has to rule over her. If you have a sexual desire for your husband, that doesn’t lead to him ruling over you, that leads to a joining together in an act of love that produces a child. What is this desire of a woman that forces the husband to have to dominate her? This is a curse. This sexual attraction and marital love is not a curse. But whatever this is, it’s a bad thing and it leads to conflict.

Well, the answer comes in chapter 4. This particular phrase is only used twice in the Pentateuch in the Old Testament, and here is a second one. The Lord said to Cain in chapter 4, “Why are you angry?” Cain, you remember, offered an unacceptable sacrifice to God. “Why are you so angry? Why is your face so fallen? If you do well, if you do the right thing, would not your countenance be lifted up? If you had obeyed and offered the right kind of sacrifice, not the fruit of your labors, but an animal sacrifice, you wouldn’t have this issue. And if you do not do well,” – here’s why – “sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you, but you must master it.” It’s the exact same expression as in chapter 3. Here it’s “sin desiring to have you, and you must master it.” That is exactly what is meant in chapter 3, verse 16, “Sinful desire to dominate your husband, and he is going to have to exercise rule over you.”

As a result of the Fall, woman bears a curse in two areas. One, and it’s ubiquitous and universal: pain in childbearing. Secondly, a desire, because of her fallen heart, to upset the divine order of authority and submission, and to want to dominate her husband. This is the universal reality in marriage to one degree or another. The woman will desire to control, the man will have to rule over her. That’s as universal as pain in childbearing. It refers to a desire, a sinful desire to control. This is why there is constantly the effort of women to overthrow the authority of their husbands, or the authority of men in the culture.

And obviously, there is a multitude of women in the church trying to overthrow male leadership in the church. That in mind, go back to 1 Corinthians chapter 14, verse 34. “The women are to keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but are to subject themselves, just as the Law also says.”

You have to get a grip on yourself because you’re fighting against your own fallenness, and your own fallenness would cause you to want to overthrow the order of your own marriage – authority and submission. You are in the church as women, it says, to keep silent in the churches. “What do you mean, ‘Keep silent’?” Not hard to understand, is it? You don’t say anything.

Yup, a friendly facade by Vuolo, as he strives for fame and wealth.  Jinger, we know her story, and that's another subject.  

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 18
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic