IGNORED

Jinjer 52: She and Her Narcissistic, Lazy Husband Are Riding on Coattails

HerNameIsBuffy

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was initially a slip up, but then they left it since everyone started talking about it. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

I know it's necessary but I feel so bad for all the graduating students who have had their commencement ceremonies canceled. Hopefully when the pandemic is over they will be able to receive the recognition they deserve.

My cousins daughter is set to graduate HS in May, they've canceled the rest of the school year, her Senior Prom & her Graduation. She's really sad but my cousin is nearly distraught. This is her only child to graduate traditional high school. Her oldest is 28, and dropped out in 10th grade and got a GED, so she's never got to watch her kids graduate HS and she was so looking forward too seeing her graduate this year. 

She posted something the other day about the class of 2020 being born in the wake of 9/11 and now starting adulthood in the midst of a global pandemic. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 10

We’re in the same position with my son. He’s the only of the three kids to graduate a brick and mortar school, and this is his senior year. I get pretty distraught when I think about it (he’s so easy going, it doesn’t phase him nearly as much).

• Upvote 6
  • Love 6

On 3/20/2020 at 12:55 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Are they going to have to photograph each other drinking coffee at HOME?  So sad ? 

In all seriousness, I figured this was coming across the country and my anticipatory anxiety is just glad it's finally starting so I can stop worrying about when it's going to start.

Yeah, we’ve been on “lock-down” in my neck of NY for almost week now, and I’d say the worst if it was the two weeks of anticipation PRIOR to that, when we were on pins and needles wondering if/when it would happen. To be honest, at work we kind of laughed off all of the preparation we had to do, because we figured it would blow over and we’d never realize the dream of temporarily working from home...

...but then late last Sunday (not this past Sunday, the one before that), all of a sudden schools are closed indefinitely and my entire department was ordered to work from home (which is nowhere near as fun as I thought it would be, btw) because the outbreak spread to where I work. We have no ballpark idea of how long; could be weeks, could be months.

Edited by Denim Jumper
  • Upvote 9

My experience in Boston was similar to @Denim Jumper. We were all mentally prepping for a shift to work from home, but went from “maybe next week” to “go home now” overnight on March 13. I work for a hospital in a non-clinical role. Realistically, I expect to work from home through the end of May. I’m fortunate that my job is easily converted to offsite work with lots of video conferences, but I do miss seeing my colleagues everyday. I’m mostly worried about my colleagues who are in clinical roles, mostly working in the ER or ICU. I don’t know anyone who’s gotten sick yet, but fully conscious of the fact that I know a lot of people on the front lines of this nationwide and someone I know will die.

The situation in Boston is not as dire as NY. We are a much smaller metro area, and have more hospital capacity per capita. The city/state is running about a week ahead of NY and Seattle in terms on action relative to outbreak size, so it’s possible the outbreak will not completely overwhelm the system here, but it is definitely having an impact. We’re converting our existing ICUs to being COVID-only, and setting up temporary ICUs for non-COVID patients. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 6

I wish the Federal Gov't would get its head out of Trumps ass and just pull the damn trigger on the lock down already. We could be 2 weeks in by now, if they had done it at the beginning of March like Italy did.  But NOOO, here were are right now with nearly 50k cases in the US and that number is expected to double or triple this week, our petulant POTUS is annoyed that he can't golf or hold ego feeding rallies, is threatening to "open it all back up" and let people die, essentially because he's bored.

• Upvote 20
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 5

2 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I wish the Federal Gov't would get its head out of Trumps ass and just pull the damn trigger on the lock down already. We could be 2 weeks in by now, if they had done it at the beginning of March like Italy did.  But NOOO, here were are right now with nearly 50k cases in the US and that number is expected to double or triple this week, our petulant POTUS is annoyed that he can't golf or hold ego feeding rallies, is threatening to "open it all back up" and let people die, essentially because he's bored.

His cabinet needs to pull the damn trigger on the 25th amendment and get him out of office now.

Yes, that will leave us with Pence who I doubt can function without head pats and instructions from his owner...but if he can't be strong armed by the rest of the government into doing the right thing he can go, too.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 9

I live in fly over country, we have 3.2 million people, and in my little part of the state we just had a School District employee test positive. This person didn't work with students OR at any of our schools, but in the Central district office.  But s/he's in my small town, and been all over the Des Moines metro and our town, living life because, they didn't think it was a big deal, as our worthless Gov. keeps telling us. 

There are now 124 positive cases, last Friday we only had 40, So we've tripled our cases in 3 days, We'll have even more cases this afternoon when more tests come back, and our asshole republican governor said as of this morning a "shelter in place" isn't necessary. No one has died, yet. She's a useless Trump supporting twat. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

I have a cousin in Oklahoma, in self-isolation. His doctor is convinced he has Covid-19, but because the symptoms aren't bad enough to send him to the hospital, he can't test him. I have a colleague in the DC metro area who also probably has it, but can't get tested unless her doctor orders her to the hospital.  Every time you read about the # of cases in a US state, please remember that there are MANY MORE cases out there that aren't reflected in the stats because of our testing crisis.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 9

I have friends marking masks out of cotton. Not as effective but better than nothing. The hospitals around here are taking them because they can be sterilized and reused.

people really come through in times of crisis. Well, most people.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 11

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

I have friends marking masks out of cotton. Not as effective but better than nothing. The hospitals around here are taking them because they can be sterilized and reused.

people really come through in times of crisis. Well, most people.

I bought 2.5 yards of cotton fabric, a couple dozen feet of elastic, and thread, and gave it to my 74 year old mother who is sitting at home bored out of her mind. I can't sew at all, plus I'm actually still at work, along with about 70% of the state ?. She said she has enough to make about 15 masks, she's got 6 made and can make about 8 or 9 more she said. I'll pick them up from her and take them to this woman on FB who is helping coordinate a state wide distribution of masks made by people.  She said she's been overwhelmed by the massive amount of people saying they will make them and people who have made them already, she put out the call Saturday morning and by Monday she said she had over 250 masks already. 

My cousin in WI saw my post and said she wished she could help, she's on quarantine and has tons of fabric (she does a lot of Cosplay and makes her own customs)  I told her to check with her local hospitals and she was very happy to share that they were too needing masks and gowns, so she was going to make gowns, and a friend of hers was going to make masks.  

• Upvote 4
  • Love 16

Our craft stores are all out of elastic, if needed I suppose I will take it out of my baby's pants. He won't need them as it gets warmer...

• Upvote 4
  • Love 8

55 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

Our craft stores are all out of elastic, if needed I suppose I will take it out of my baby's pants. He won't need them as it gets warmer...

Some places are accepting maks with ties instead of elastic. They say that the elastic limits the way the masks fit - too big for some and too small for some - so they are asking for ties. Might check that.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

33 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Some places are accepting maks with ties instead of elastic. They say that the elastic limits the way the masks fit - too big for some and too small for some - so they are asking for ties. Might check that.

Thanks 

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

The thing is though, as I understand it: In the U.S., the legal authority to shut things down, order people to stay home except for essential services, etc. doesn't rest with the president, it rests with the 50 state governors. Tweety McThinskin might be able to use the bully pulpit or financial leverage etc. but the decision isn't his. That will turn out to be a good thing, as he keeps wanting to pretend he can just wave his scepter and declare normalcy (because he desperately wants his good economy back before the election) -- the governors can rely on actual evidence and experts, and make rational decisions.

• Upvote 14

2 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

I just started making masks for friends and family out of fabric from my stash. This is my Dollar Store MacGyver solution to needing wire and elastic for masks.

20200324_135932.jpg

• Upvote 7
  • Love 8

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

He may try to "open it back up" but he can't make people put themselves in danger.  I'm staying home until this virus passes through or a vaccine is readily available.  Corporate execs and Wall Street - you want a return to a better economy?  Dump Trump, ignore that waste of space, turn your business temporarily into factories that make things we need now:  protective items for health care workers and citizens, test kits, labs for scientists to study and work on creating a vaccine.  Donate your billions to charities that are desperately trying to help those in need.  No foreclosures or evictions.  No negative credit reports.  Suspend the need to pay on credit or other debts.  Support those still working (truckers, restaurant and grocery staff, etc).  In short, try to rediscover your humanity.

• Upvote 21
  • Love 5

1 minute ago, EmmieJ said:

He may try to "open it back up" but he can't make people put themselves in danger.  I'm staying home until this virus passes through or a vaccine is readily available.  Corporate execs and Wall Street - you want a return to a better economy?  Dump Trump, ignore that waste of space, turn your business temporarily into factories that make things we need now:  protective items for health care workers and citizens, test kits, labs for scientists to study and work on creating a vaccine.  Donate your billions to charities that are desperately trying to help those in need.  No foreclosures or evictions.  No negative credit reports.  Suspend the need to pay on credit or other debts.  Support those still working (truckers, restaurant and grocery staff, etc).  In short, try to rediscover your humanity.

I agree with you so much in principle...but the sad fact is for states that haven't got a stay at home order people who would otherwise be home (as non-essential) and get unemployment until their businesses reopen would just lose their jobs.

A lot of businesses are allowing the work from home if you can, even for essential industries, because of these orders.  If state governors and businesses followed his lead a lot of us would be forced back to the workplace, as unsafe as that would be.

I totally get where you're coming from and would want to take the same position, but if Illinois rescinded the order and I was told to get back to work...I'd go.  Because without my job my family has no where to live.  

He can't force people to put themselves in danger, but economic circumstances can.  

For example I'm currently working from home as my industry is essential.  One of my sons works in a nursing home.  By my working from home I'm at far less risk of bringing home something he could unknowingly carry into an environment of elderly and otherwise compromised people.  

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but this is why he needs to be removed now.  Because there are people who will listen to him, and because of that millions of people will be at risk who otherwise wouldn't be.  How many states refuse to issue the order because they are kissing Trumps ass?  More than none.

TPTB need to do all you said and make some unprecedented action in order to keep us safe, working from home when able - riding it out without risking financial catastrophe if not.  And he needs to be removed from office before more people die to his ignorance and hubris.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

I had to go to the doctor this AM for a non COVID-19 related issue, so I had no choice but to leave my house.  Except for walking twice a day on my little street to get exercise and fresh air,  I have not been out of the house since last Monday and have thankfully been working from home since that time.   

I'm sorry I ever went out.  Although there are fewer cars on the road, most of the ones out there think the roads are now the Indy 500.  In the five minute drive to the doctor's, I was cut off at least four times by cars blowing through yield signs, pulling from parking lots and turning left in front of me.  I was lucky that both I and my car made it to the doctor in one piece-and that was at 9 AM.  

And going to CVS for my prescriptions-that was a trip in itself.  Between entire families going in to shop (parents, kids and grandparents), and a woman wearing rubber gloves yet refused to adhere to social distancing by standing right next to me (and wouldn't move, even after I told her she was too close) and not standing in the pharmacy line on the pre-requisite green tape spaced six feet apart,  I totally get why limiting public spaces is essential.  Some people really need to be saved from themselves.  Either they don't take it seriously enough, or they honestly don't care and see this time off as a free extended vacation.    

I plan on hunkering down for the rest of the duration.  If I have to go out again, it will be too soon!  

• Upvote 9
  • Love 19

Hey, I was lurking on Ashley's (Nathan's ex),Instagram when I came across a story with Jinger and Jeremy doing pushups. They looked like they were having fun and I'm not sure if this was a new type of challenge going on. What really got my attention, is little Felicity was "shirtless". Of course this is no big deal in our world...but we all know Michelle Duggar would have NEVER let a female baby walk around shirtless for fun.

Edited by Tangy Bee
Used wrong word
  • Upvote 12

Jinger did one of those 'favourite things' posts in her Stories.

I was amazed to see her favourite TV show is... Madam Secretary?

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

@AmericanRose when compared to how they were raised with such strict isolation and limitations, the real world and all the choices that it has to offer must be mind blowing to these folks!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Yes, there's some sort of pushup challenge going on.  Instagram influencers all seem to be doing them right  now.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Yes, there's some sort of pushup challenge going on.  Instagram influencers all seem to be doing them right  now.

Jinger and Jeremy.... ''incluencers''... LOL.

(No shade, I knew what you meant. ;))

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic