IGNORED

Jinjer 52: She and Her Narcissistic, Lazy Husband Are Riding on Coattails

HerNameIsBuffy

I want to clarify, the sermon I posted was by John MacArthur on 5/4/20, not Jeremy.  If one didn't follow the links, it might be confusing.  I doubt Vuolo could competently string so many words together .   

Edited by ALM7
eta
  • Upvote 12
  • Thank You 4

Has anyone watched the latest videos that Jinger posted of her and Babe talking to their devotees? I haven’t but noticed in the comments on Instagram even some of the humpers were accusing Jeremy of being rude and controlling. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Has anyone watched the latest videos that Jinger posted of her and Babe talking to their devotees? I haven’t but noticed in the comments on Instagram even some of the humpers were accusing Jeremy of being rude and controlling. 

The Q &A? Yep. He is a know it all, and she acts as if she lacks an opinion on just about everything!

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

22 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I’m just glad at least some humpers are finally seeing the light about who Jeremy truly is. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, ALM7 said:

As most FJ'er are aware, John MacArthur/Master's University/Grace To You, is a very dangerous doctrine.  As an Atheist, I follow and research these various organizations. My philosophy is to know my enemy, so to speak.  I do not have issues with those of faith, only the radical/fundamentalist clothed in sheep clothing.  

The below sermon, from 5/4/20 is exactly why I remain very skeptical of Vuolo. I think there is much to be seen behind the shiny package. As I mentioned, a wolf in sheep clothing.  I suspect Vuolo is a rabid follower of all that is John MacArthur, he just knows how to package it for the public.

:Radio stream of 5/4/20 show: https://www.gty.org/broadcasts/radio/recent

:Full transcript Link of 5/4/20https://www.gty.org/library/sermons-library/81-56

:Partial transcript of 5/4/20 under spoiler: My bold

Reveal hidden contents

Now there’s no lack of clarity. Again I say, if you go back to 1 Corinthians 14, that Paul’s words could be mistaken is impossible. “As in all the churches of the saints, the women are to keep silent in the churches. They’re not permitted to speak. It’s disgraceful for a woman to speak.”

In the face of that - it might be shocking to you to know this - but in a survey conducted in 2017, about eighty percent of Americans are comfortable with a female pastor; sixty-two percent of practicing Christians are open to women pastors’ forty percent of evangelicals are fine with women pastors. In pastoral training, there is a degree, a graduate degree called a Master of Divinity. It’s, generally speaking, a three or four-year degree to prepare you for pastoral ministry. Fifty percent of women enrolled in seminaries, fifty percent of, I should say, M.Div. students in seminaries are women preparing for pastoral ministry. Twenty-five percent of seminary faculties are women; that means you have women faculty members teaching women students to be pastors. Eleven percent of seminary presidents are women; twenty-seven percent of pastors across this country are women. This is an explosion. In 1960, two percent of clergy were women. The women’s movement has basically just erupted in the church. And the last frontier for the movement is the evangelical church, the last frontier to fall victim to the rebellion of feminism along with cultural Marxism.

Perhaps women pastors and women preachers are the most obvious evidence of churches rebelling against the Bible. I can’t think of anything that’s as far-reaching and transcends all denominations as the woman’s rebellion against the Word of God with regard to women preachers. Women who pastor, women who preach in a church are a disgrace, and they openly reflect opposition to the clear command of the Word of God. This is flagrant disobedience. It has been acceptable in our culture, and now acceptable even in the evangelical world.

I read an article this week written by a woman. The title is “Have M.Div., Will Preach.” And this woman writing this article said the article is designed to answer this question: “How does sexism play a role as your congregation works to embrace the pastoral leadership of women?” So if you’re not willing to embrace the pastoral leadership of women, you’re not biblical, you’re sexist.

Why is this such a far-reaching, vast rebellion against the Word of God? Why? Well, the answer comes all the way back in Genesis chapter 3. So turn with me back to Genesis 3, and we’ll see how it all begins.

We all know the story: Adam and Eve created in the garden, innocent. Eve comes out from under the protection of Adam, has an encounter with Satan. She is seduced, deceived; she sins. Adam follows up, sins; the whole human race catapulted into corruption. So the Lord curses the participants in that. The serpent is cursed in chapter 3, verse 13 and 14, and even 15. The man is cursed in verses 17, 18, 19. But the woman is cursed in verse 16, and it’s very important. “To the woman He said,” – this is the curse of the Fall – “‘I will greatly multiply your pain in childbirth, in pain you will bring forth children; yet your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.’”

Is pain in childbirth universal? Yeah. Yeah. Every woman who ever has a child has pain. That’s universal. That’s the curse. That’s the first half of it. But the second half is equally universal. “Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.”

What is that talking about? Is that talking about sexual desire, physical desire? No, because physical desire was there before the Fall, because when God created Adam and Eve, He said, “Be fruitful and” – What? – “and multiply, fill the earth, go have babies.” What leads to babies is desire. There’s nothing wrong with a woman desiring her husband in that way. That is not the point. The point is there’s a curse on the woman, and the curse is that she has a desire toward her husband, and he has to rule over her. If you have a sexual desire for your husband, that doesn’t lead to him ruling over you, that leads to a joining together in an act of love that produces a child. What is this desire of a woman that forces the husband to have to dominate her? This is a curse. This sexual attraction and marital love is not a curse. But whatever this is, it’s a bad thing and it leads to conflict.

Well, the answer comes in chapter 4. This particular phrase is only used twice in the Pentateuch in the Old Testament, and here is a second one. The Lord said to Cain in chapter 4, “Why are you angry?” Cain, you remember, offered an unacceptable sacrifice to God. “Why are you so angry? Why is your face so fallen? If you do well, if you do the right thing, would not your countenance be lifted up? If you had obeyed and offered the right kind of sacrifice, not the fruit of your labors, but an animal sacrifice, you wouldn’t have this issue. And if you do not do well,” – here’s why – “sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you, but you must master it.” It’s the exact same expression as in chapter 3. Here it’s “sin desiring to have you, and you must master it.” That is exactly what is meant in chapter 3, verse 16, “Sinful desire to dominate your husband, and he is going to have to exercise rule over you.”

As a result of the Fall, woman bears a curse in two areas. One, and it’s ubiquitous and universal: pain in childbearing. Secondly, a desire, because of her fallen heart, to upset the divine order of authority and submission, and to want to dominate her husband. This is the universal reality in marriage to one degree or another. The woman will desire to control, the man will have to rule over her. That’s as universal as pain in childbearing. It refers to a desire, a sinful desire to control. This is why there is constantly the effort of women to overthrow the authority of their husbands, or the authority of men in the culture.

And obviously, there is a multitude of women in the church trying to overthrow male leadership in the church. That in mind, go back to 1 Corinthians chapter 14, verse 34. “The women are to keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but are to subject themselves, just as the Law also says.”

You have to get a grip on yourself because you’re fighting against your own fallenness, and your own fallenness would cause you to want to overthrow the order of your own marriage – authority and submission. You are in the church as women, it says, to keep silent in the churches. “What do you mean, ‘Keep silent’?” Not hard to understand, is it? You don’t say anything.

Yup, a friendly facade by Vuolo, as he strives for fame and wealth.  Jinger, we know her story, and that's another subject.  

Yeah that's some pretty fucked up woman-hating right there. I wonder what happened to him for him to end up wanting to justify 'dominating' women so... No doubt Jeremy is on board with this shit. Poor Jinger. Poor Felicity.

• Upvote 20
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

John MacArthur and John Piper are some of the most vile, toxic, severely misogynistic preachers out there. The heartbreaking thing is this Neo-Calvinist crap has started to dominate the SBC and thus has made it's way into a corner of conservative Christianity. They can draw big crowds, pastor large churches, and are published authors which is terrifying. 

• Upvote 22
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

17 hours ago, ALM7 said:

I want to clarify, the sermon I posted was by John MacArthur on 5/4/20, not Jeremy.  If one didn't follow the links, it might be confusing.  I doubt Vuolo could competently string so many words together .   

And I read. Holy fuck.

• Upvote 6

Even when I was fundie-lite, I loathed John MacArthur. I listened to a sermon on the radio one day where he was expounding on how most depression and anxiety were sin issues, and how the vast majority of people who take meds don’t need them. I went home and wrote out an entire rebuttal, using the Bible to support my case.

I never really fit in, hehe.

Edited by Jasmar
Deleted “lol” so I don’t get another warning
  • Upvote 16
  • Love 19

Why oh why would any woman want to be a “Christian”?  

• Upvote 21

Remember the time John MacArthur authored a letter against social justice, saying it was un-Christian? And then he said that Church had no racism problem.  

Jeremy signed that letter. He’s trash

As I recall, Ben also was supportive of one of the staunch defenders of that letter. 

Edited by Jinder Roles
  • Upvote 28
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, Jinder Roles said:

Remember the time John MacArthur authored a letter against social justice, saying it was un-Christian? And then he said that Church had no racism problem

Jesus was ALL about social justice. That many, if not most, of the Christian leaders deny that, and even fight that idea, makes me wonder why don't they pick another historical person to worship.

Edited by Melissa1977
Clarify
  • Upvote 27
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 9

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

Jesus was ALL about social justice. That many, if not most, of the Christian leaders deny that, and even fight that idea, makes me wonder why don't they pick another historical person to worship.

That's what I've always wondered given how they deny pretty much everything Jesus did and said. What's the point then? Why not just come out and admit you follow Paul or someone else? 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 17

16 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

Remember the time John MacArthur authored a letter against social justice, saying it was un-Christian? And then he said that Church had no racism problem.  

Jeremy signed that letter. He’s trash

As I recall, Ben also was supportive of one of the staunch defenders of that letter. 

Many posters are pretty soft on Ben, and I don’t get it.

Is it because he changes diapers and plays with his kids?

That’s a pretty low bar to clear.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Lizzybet said:

Many posters are pretty soft on Ben, and I don’t get it.

I think its because he had a black "friend" and said he didn't vote for the orange covidiot. 

Late comment: There are masks all over Etsy. Plus, instructions for using tshirts and other non-sewing options are on YouTube. There is absolutely no excuse for going out uncovered. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

The best thing about Ben is the last thing that he flapped his lips about was the devil, tomb stones and naming his first born spawn Spurgeon, which, to the best of my knowledge, was 5 years ago. He seems to have a learned a lesson. Either that or Jessa carries a huge stick. He’s a young doofus, but obviously teachable, which is more than I can say for most of the birthed 2nd generation Duggars.

• Upvote 14

On 5/6/2020 at 1:56 AM, Melissa1977 said:

First time poster as stating my opinion makes me nervous about potentially offending someone. I don’t understand the reasoning of these fringe leaders either. Even Paul stated « now there is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, neither male or female for you are all one in Christ Jesus ». If we are all one, how can anyone possibly think that it is Christian to preach against care for all? For people who memorize huge chunks of the Bible, they are incredibly ignorant of what Jesus actually taught. I am baffled by the number of people who are drawn to these churches. 

Edited by Expectopatronus
  • Upvote 48

7 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

First time poster as stating my opinion makes me nervous about potentially offending someone. I don’t understand the reasoning of these fringe leaders either. Even Paul stated « now there is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, neither male or female for you are all one in Christ Jesus ». If we are all one, how can anyone possibly think that it is Christian to preach against care for all? For people who memorize huge chunks of the Bible, they are incredibly ignorant of what Jesus actually taught. I am baffled by the number of people who are drawn to these churches. 

Basically they pick and chose parts of the Bible and Biblical leaders like Paul while ignoring other stuff that Paul said and basically Jesus's entire message that doesn't fit the message they want. They want to hate everyone, women to be suppressed, men to be the headship and all that crap. It really doesn't seem to matter to them nor to they care they are skipping over other parts of Jesus the actual Lord and Savor's message. Just that it doesn't fit the narrative they want. Jesus was helping everyone and including everyone.  That was his entire thing. He helped everyone he could. Everyone was welcome men, women, children, and people of every race or sexual orientation. That message doesn't work for Fundies and others because they want the white male to be above everyone. 

• Upvote 19

On 5/5/2020 at 7:48 AM, Idlewild said:

You know it’s bad when your fans are showing concern about your behavior. I really think they Jeremy sees Jinger and the baby as his props and dolls. He can dress them up! He can photograph them! 

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, SunnySide said:

You know it’s bad when your fans are showing concern about your behavior. I really think they Jeremy sees Jinger and the baby as his props and dolls. He can dress them up! He can photograph them! 

Why did that Aqua song, Barbie Girl just pop into my head when I read this? 

Ugh I looked up the lyrics and it seems like a pretty good fit for fundies. 

Spoiler

I'm a Barbie girl in a Barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic
You can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation

Come on, Barbie, let's go party!

I'm a blond bimbo girl in a fantasy world
Dress me up, make it tight, I'm your dolly
You're my doll, rock'n'roll, feel the glamour in pink
Kiss me here, touch me there, hanky panky
You can touch
You can play
If you say "I'm always yours"

Come on, Barbie, let's go party! (ah ah ah yeah)
Come on, Barbie, let's go party! (ooh oh, ooh oh)

Make me walk, make me talk, do whatever you please
I can act like a star, I can beg on my knees
Come jump in, bimbo friend, let us do it again
Hit the town, fool around, let's go party

You can touch
You can play
You can touch
You can play

Oh, I'm having so much fun!
Well, Barbie, we are just getting started
Oh, I love you, Ken

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

On 5/10/2020 at 3:59 AM, HideousGreenShirt said:

Why did that Aqua song, Barbie Girl just pop into my head when I read this? 

Ugh I looked up the lyrics and it seems like a pretty good fit for fundies. 

Reveal hidden contents

Come on, Barbie, let's go party!

I'm a blond bimbo girl in a fantasy world
Dress me up, make it tight, I'm your dolly
You're my doll, rock'n'roll, feel the glamour in pink
Kiss me here, touch me there, hanky panky
You can touch
You can play

Make me walk, make me talk, do whatever you please
I can act like a star, I can beg on my knees
Come jump in, bimbo friend, let us do it again
Hit the town, fool around, let's go party

You can touch
You can play
You can touch
You can play

Oh, I'm having so much fun!
Well, Barbie, we are just getting started
Oh, I love you, Ken

Except for ‘undress me everywhere’ ?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Except for ‘undress me everywhere’ ?

This lyric works in the context of Jerm getting decide when and where their missionary sex happens......." everywhere" in their free house.

• Upvote 4

On 5/6/2020 at 1:24 AM, JordynDarby5 said:

That's what I've always wondered given how they deny pretty much everything Jesus did and said. What's the point then? Why not just come out and admit you follow Paul or someone else? 

Caligula comes to mind but without the wierd sex.  Oh..wait.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6

@JordynDarby5, back during the 2016 election, I read where one preacher said that if Jesus was running on a platform of the Sermon on the Mount, that he would oppose him.  This atheist was going WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY??  I was completely shocked that a preacher would say that although I knew that many of them were Paul worshippers and totally ignored Jesus.

• WTF 8
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic