IGNORED

Jinjer 52: She and Her Narcissistic, Lazy Husband Are Riding on Coattails

HerNameIsBuffy

1 hour ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

At least they're wearing masks, I guess maybe it'll help promote it to their followers.  This really feels like "at least they only drowned 2 kittens and not the whole litter" though.  I don't think Jeremy can help looking like a pompous douche, it's such a core tenet of his person.

Anyone know if masks are legally required in LA?

Yes, they are required to where them when visiting essential business.

• Upvote 5

How are you supposed to get a mask if they are out of stock everywhere and you can't enter a business without a mask to buy a cloth one? 

• Upvote 2

My parents are using bandannas, but I bet you could use a scarf or something.

@artdecades makes sense it would be something like that.  Common sense or caring for others is not really a selling point of this group.

Edited by GuineaPigCourtship
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

How are you supposed to get a mask if they are out of stock everywhere and you can't enter a business without a mask to buy a cloth one? 

You can wear a scarf or bandana. It doesn’t have to be a regular mask, just some type of covering. I am in LA and it is becoming easier to find masks. There are a lot of local companies making them. There are a lot of people selling them on the street and I saw them in the liquor store the other day. They also had hand sanitizer for $8 a bottle. 

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

A lot of people are making masks. That’s what my husband and I have been doing since working from home. If you need a mask look for a mask group for your area on Facebook. There’s an army of sewists making masks as quickly as we can. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

Look how inclusive I am! I love the heathen, African American Democrat!!!!! Please don't fire me from this gig. 

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 24

If Jinger is pregnant ( and I’ve no idea either way other than she has a toddler and is unlikely to have just one child unless there are medical reasons) JB cannot get rid of her- it’s babies that keep that show rolling and Jinger is very popular with fans so she can do what she wants!

Btw on the TLC UK Facebook page they say in reply to a post that Counting On series 5 will be on TLC UK on 20 July. Is that a new series or has series 5 already been shown?

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, marmalade said:

Look how inclusive I am! I love the heathen, African American Democrat!!!!! Please don't fire me from this gig. 

That's exactly what I was thinking. And why must I believe she is listening that audiobook? Jinger has not been interested in anything out of clothes and food, and now she's supposing to be listening a book about Politics, a strong woman life, and progressive ideas? Not in a million years would Jeremy allow her to listen that. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 4

Well Jinger said Jeremy likes books so now she does too. I agree it was probably just a promo page that Audible provided & she hasn’t actually bothered listening to it.

I don’t know why the Duggars are so proud of their parenting when one of their adult children is quite happy to disclose she didn’t read anything except the bible until her new headship took over. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 8

10 hours ago, Idlewild said:

If Jinger is pregnant ( and I’ve no idea either way other than she has a toddler and is unlikely to have just one child unless there are medical reasons) JB cannot get rid of her- it’s babies that keep that show rolling and Jinger is very popular with fans so she can do what she wants!

Btw on the TLC UK Facebook page they say in reply to a post that Counting On series 5 will be on TLC UK on 20 July. Is that a new series or has series 5 already been shown?

I'm sure its on season 11 now. Season 5 was Joy Anna and Austin's courtship/engagement so it will just be a repeat. The next new series will be Season 11.

Edit - I think I might be getting US/UK confused. The latest Season (US seasons 9&10 have been merged together, as do other seasons) is referred to as Season 4 on the TLC UK website If that is the case then yes it will be a brand new season 5 so I will message them to confirm.

Counting On.PNG

Edited by jillsdopplerofdoom
  • Upvote 1

Re: the pregnancy speculation: I don't really do a stomach-scan, but I WILL watch the behaviors..  I believe it's a game they play.

When the scarves start getting longer and more voluminous, I think that's a signal. (until of course the announcement is made, then the tight clothes can go back on.

When the blouse or dress gets blousier and more voluminous, it's a signal. 

When the posture is turned or the pose is coyly behind someone , it's a signal.

When there's a pillow on the lap, it's a signal.

When there's a grocery cart, a bunch of shopping, a child being held in the front, it's a signal.

" Start the bus! Time to speculate! All aboard!"

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

15 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I've had a reply from TLC. Yes it is a new season. So season 11 will probably air in the US (and Canada?) late June/Early July as it usually starts there 2/3 weeks before. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

Jing has a new post about cherishing Publicity's toddler days during this "special time we're living through." Anna, Sierra, and Jessa have also mentioned motherhood during this "time." ????

WTF!? They are SAHMs this is literally their job all of the time! The 'rona hasn't changed their lives!?! Their legalistic religious practices only work by isolation from evil modern sinners! Their whole TV brand is based on watching the sheltered freaks deal with modernity. 

I'm not criticizing SAHMs, I worked out from home  for a few years when mine were littles.  These women are operating under pretty normal circumstances for them.? 

• Upvote 35
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Re: the pregnancy speculation: I don't really do a stomach-scan, but I WILL watch the behaviors..  I believe it's a game they play.

When the scarves start getting longer and more voluminous, I think that's a signal. (until of course the announcement is made, then the tight clothes can go back on.

When the blouse or dress gets blousier and more voluminous, it's a signal. 

When the posture is turned or the pose is coyly behind someone , it's a signal.

When there's a pillow on the lap, it's a signal.

When there's a grocery cart, a bunch of shopping, a child being held in the front, it's a signal.

" Start the bus! Time to speculate! All aboard!"

Yes! Or a major change in hair colour or foundation colour. Many of the Duggars and Bateseses get pretty bad morning sickness, so I always wonder if it is nausea or fashion (which I know nothing about) ?

I actually guessed once (correctly) with Alyssa when she started hawking some tea to minimise bloat. If you are the size of a teaspoon and want to get people wondering why your stomach is suddenly even vaguely visible, it seems like a “wink-wink, nudge-nudge” way to “deny” it, imo. Thanks to some of her nuttier/intrusive followers, she was damned if you do, damned if don’t though.

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Exposedknees said:

Jing has a new post about cherishing Publicity's toddler days

"Publicity"! That is hilarious!!

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 19
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Exposedknees said:

Jing has a new post about cherishing Publicity's toddler days during this "special time we're living through." Anna, Sierra, and Jessa have also mentioned motherhood during this "time." ????

WTF!? They are SAHMs this is literally their job all of the time! The 'rona hasn't changed their lives!?! Their legalistic religious practices only work by isolation from evil modern sinners! Their whole TV brand is based on watching the sheltered freaks deal with modernity. 

I'm not criticizing SAHMs, I worked out from home  for a few years when mine were littles.  These women are operating under pretty normal circumstances for them.? 

Perhaps it’s getting into her brainwashed mind that loving your children isn’t exclusive to quiverful Christians. 
it doesn’t matter whether you have 1 or 21 it’s the quality of the relationship that counts . Having a load of children doesn’t mean you love children more just as being an only child doesn’t stop you from being neglected. Of course most of us knew all this . 

• Upvote 11

On 4/26/2020 at 2:04 AM, Exposedknees said:

a) 'Publicity' is amazing!

b) I've been home with my baby all year and this does feel different! Granted I'm in the UK so maybe the guidelines aren't quite the same, but until now I've been used to taking my baby out to groups, activities, soft play, grocery shopping, to visit friends, or to the playpark to let off steam. We're always out and about. And when things got tough I could always send out an 'emergency flare' text and another mum friend could come over to distract my baby while I got shit done, stroll with us round the park, or set the world to rights over coffee. I relied on that human contact and support more than I thought.

It's so different now. Being home all the time with no variation in toys (although I do try to rotate them), no friends to play with or to drop by when things get really tough, nowhere to go but our garden (which I'm seriously grateful for) - it's hard. It's so confusing for my daughter who goes insane whenever she sees other people at a distance. So I think yes, the Duggar mums are definitely trying to put up 'relatable' social media, but for me there's a difference between being a stay-at-home mum and a lockdown mum.

• Upvote 19
  • Love 9

On 4/25/2020 at 11:09 AM, Idlewild said:

I don’t know why the Duggars are so proud of their parenting when one of their adult children is quite happy to disclose she didn’t read anything except the bible until her new headship took over. 

And this is so sad! Reading can be  an immensely fun, satisfying, and magic experience! It’s lovely to curl up on the sofa with a new book, or to reread a favorite story. 

I just listened to a Muslim fundie talk about not ever reading anything fictional. Reading should only be about Islam, cooking or natural remedies. First of all, where in any Islamic source does it say that? Yeah, right, nowhere. But these Christian and Muslim fundamentalists are so alike in many respects. This Muslim woman is an American convert who was arrested for public drinking and shoplifting in the past and lived a party lifestyle. Then, she decides to convert, cover her face, and doesn’t even allow her children to listen to Islamic music, only vocals (but no instruments) and plans to arrange their marriages. In a way, she’s not so unlike the Duggar or Bates parents. They are free to make their own choices but control their children. Sorry for the rant, but I had to get that off my mind.

Regarding books: Phantasy, reason and one’s own mind and intelligence are regarded as something dangerous. I feel so sorry for the children who grow up stunted. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, FluffySnowball said:

And this is so sad! Reading can be  an immensely fun, satisfying, and magic experience! It’s lovely to curl up on the sofa with a new book, or to reread a favorite story. 

I just listened to a Muslim fundie talk about not ever reading anything fictional. Reading should only be about Islam, cooking or natural remedies. First of all, where in any Islamic source does it say that? Yeah, right, nowhere. But these Christian and Muslim fundamentalists are so alike in many respects.

I find it so weird that all the fundies' recreational stuff is religious too. Favourite song? A hymn! Favourite book? The Bible! Family day out? Ark Encounter! Something to do with the girls? Biblical calligraphy! Like hooo boy, take a day off. But you're right, the reason they can't is because they are so limited in what they are exposed to/permitted to take part in. A hobby without God at its centre is basically anti-God in their eyes. GOD is their hobby.

FWIW, not a single Christian I know has strayed from their faith because they have secular hobbies. I have a pal who loves Come Thou Fount as much as Jinger and Jeremy, had it played at his wedding and a family funeral, but he is also a keen collector and DJ of rare funk and afrobeat 12 inches, and this does not make him a worse Christian. It means he's seen a bunch of the world, pursued all sorts of fun experiences, and STILL come back to God.

• Upvote 21
  • Love 7

3 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

It's so different now. Being home all the time with no variation in toys (although I do try to rotate them), no friends to play with or to drop by when things get really tough, nowhere to go but our garden (which I'm seriously grateful for) - it's hard. It's so confusing for my daughter who goes insane whenever she sees other people at a distance. So I think yes, the Duggar mums are definitely trying to put up 'relatable' social media, but for me there's a difference between being a stay-at-home mum and a lockdown mum.

I too am willing to cut them some slack on talking about how things are different right now. I'm not a parent but have been stay at home since we moved for Mr. May's job almost a year ago. So you could argue that my day to day hasn't changed. But it's still different. Mr. May is home all day now so that's been a whole new routine to juggle, I'm taking courses part time and no longer have the luxury of going somewhere outside of the house to study, the volunteer stuff I used to occupy time has all been cancelled etc. 

Add to that the whole living through a global pandemic and the emotional toll that takes and while my day to day appears the same it's nothing at all like it was. 

JinJer are likely feeling the impact more than most of the other Duggars being further away and not having as much flexibility with bending social distancing guidelines. I can see this being a big shift for them. Not as big as to deserve the level of martyrdom that they want. But big none the less. 

• Upvote 5

Taking my seat on the speculation bus- the series starts again in the UK in July. What have they got? There’ll be a lot of rehashing the births from earlier on, Jinger’s trip to the big house- one outing was clearly for filming as Jill wasn’t invited until the following day, possible announcement re Jinger and so lots of flashbacks about Felicity, and Jeremy being solemn with a book or wacky with an ice cream,  possible courtship for one of the boys and a lot of home made how we got through the pandemic videos where the Duggars will lie their backsides off about social distancing. I don’t see it bringing in huge ratings. 

• Upvote 7

18 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Taking my seat on the speculation bus- the series starts again in the UK in July. What have they got? There’ll be a lot of rehashing the births from earlier on, Jinger’s trip to the big house- one outing was clearly for filming as Jill wasn’t invited until the following day, possible announcement re Jinger and so lots of flashbacks about Felicity, and Jeremy being solemn with a book or wacky with an ice cream,  possible courtship for one of the boys and a lot of home made how we got through the pandemic videos where the Duggars will lie their backsides off about social distancing. I don’t see it bringing in huge ratings. 

We also have the Forsyths storyline of Annabel and the new pregnancy, which I think will be the main one this season.

• Upvote 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic