IGNORED

JinJer 51: Can't Even Sell Donuts!

Destiny

On 12/9/2019 at 1:26 PM, AliceInFundyland said:

@nausicaa

I have only ever tested low for vitamin D. Which is fairly normal for many people in my neck of the woods.

Right now I'm taking iron and B12 because of my own concerns about my diet being askew.

(I get checked out for those things because of depression fairly often)

Quoting myself to mention that I saw my psych rn yesterday and mentioned to her that she could do any lab work she wanted because I'm at my deductible.

She checked my records and noted that in 2017 my b12 was just fine. I mentioned that I was taking the supplement and she didn't see need to check again.

Now, in 2017 my diet wasn't much better than now. I was dealing with the back surgery then. ? I do eat a lot of lentils and beans. Vegetables could be better. It's interesting.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

17 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@OldFadedStar,  one of my daughters and her family live in Olive Branch,  

I had to read this three times before I realized it didn’t say Olive GARDEN, and my first thought was “JRod would be SO jealous!” 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 2

Does anyone know what Jeremy is peddling in his latest Instagram story? I couldn’t be bothered listening!

I was curious, so I looked. At first I thought he was talking about a giveaway of the illustrated Bible he is holding, but the video clip abruptly stopped. So I followed the link, and it appears to be a demo clip for a talent agency. This link has examples of clips he has made for various people. It looks like they charge $40 for him to make you a personalized video clip. So it appears that he is just monetizing his social media presence.

• Confused 1
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 4

4 minutes ago, MathQueen said:

I was curious, so I looked. At first I thought he was talking about a giveaway of the illustrated Bible he’s is holding, but the video clip abruptly stopped. So I followed the link, and it appears to be a demo clip for a talent agency. This link has examples of clips he has made for various people. It looks like they charge $40 for him to make you a personalized video clip. So it appears that he is just monetizing his social media presence.

Thank you. It really is just about a cash grab for them isn’t it? 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I know that I age myself when I say that I’m thinking about all the minimum wage jobs I did to put myself through college and wondering where I went wrong. Using this modern social media business model makes me think of this video clip:

• Haha 6

@OldFadedStar,  when we drove across Arkansas 45 on I-40 45 years ago, the state struck me as being extremely boring. We'd taken a trip out west and had driven through the Great Plains, the Rockies and the desert southwest and that was not boring at all.  Arkansas was positively soporific though.  

@CreatedToBeACritic 

Wether or not you agree with the message, this is definitely a push back against modernity. Consider for yourself whether these words are acceptable or not. 

Also, could change the first “wether” to “whether”? (I know you know how to spell it because you spelled it write the second time.) Thanks for all your hard work in creating that website. It’s amazing!

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

They are living an expensive lifestyle. I do wonder what they will do when the money dries out.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MathQueen said:

I was curious, so I looked. At first I thought he was talking about a giveaway of the illustrated Bible he is holding, but the video clip abruptly stopped. So I followed the link, and it appears to be a demo clip for a talent agency. This link has examples of clips he has made for various people. It looks like they charge $40 for him to make you a personalized video clip. So it appears that he is just monetizing his social media presence.

I don’t understand. What is someone buying? Him saying a personalized happy birthday or something? Why would anyone want this?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

On 12/10/2019 at 10:32 AM, lizzybee said:

Since we often give them a hard time about processed food and cans, I just want throw out there that the Duggars do have a pretty good recipe for homemade rolls that was much simpler than anything else I was looking at online recipe-wise (I don't have the best luck with yeast, personally) and I decided to try it for Thanksgiving 2018. They turned out amazing. 10/10 would make again. 

http://www.duggarfamily.com/2015/11/homemade-rolls

On 12/11/2019 at 1:45 PM, jk05280824 said:

I think Jessa was the hair stylist? I feel like she was always the one wielding a curling iron when they did their "how to do your hair like us" videos. 

A few hours ago Jana posted the roll recipe on Instagram and 2 days ago Jessa posted a hair tutorial video on YouTube.  
Just a coincidence I noted.

Spoiler

7A725351-2811-4819-BE04-D2126D06E677.thumb.jpeg.f23c283c906b3b70476c30cbf763c150.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

@CreatedToBeACritic 

Also, could change the first “wether” to “whether”? (I know you know how to spell it because you spelled it write the second time.) Thanks for all your hard work in creating that website. It’s amazing!

She spelled it "write"?  Sorry the irony was irresistible.   

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

I guess Jinger is marketing herself as a baker now according to her Insta stories. She’s got a whole tutorial on how to bake her family’s yeast roll recipe with her doing each step. She even has she own branding at the beginning that has that same logo with her name in it that was on the Rebecca Minkoff thing. I guess the girls are realizing that Counting On won’t last forever and that they need to make a living another way, even if it is through social media. 

Spoiler

003C4568-55D3-46E2-BCDB-2825E3D96424.thumb.png.4c67c8e4eb5d93fea637c8052cd28c7a.png

• Confused 4

I don’t understand. What is someone buying? Him saying a personalized happy birthday or something? Why would anyone want this?

Yes, he makes personalized greetings for occasions or other reasons, it appears. The sound on the talent agency’s page to which his insta linked did not work, at least not on my tablet. So I could see the title pages to each example, which gave the names and/or occasions. I can’t speak to who would want it. It’s rather inexplicable.

• Thank You 4

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

@OldFadedStar,  when we drove across Arkansas 45 on I-40 45 years ago, the state struck me as being extremely boring. We'd taken a trip out west and had driven through the Great Plains, the Rockies and the desert southwest and that was not boring at all.  Arkansas was positively soporific though.  

I agree. I have driven through Arkansas a few times in the past year to visit my son in Texas. It is not the most picturesque. We always say we will take a different route, but have not. We have even stayed overnight, but we haven’t visited any sites. 

• Love 1

On 12/10/2019 at 10:05 PM, PennySycamore said:

Is there anyone here from the Myrtle Beach area?  West of Greenville?  If we actually did have a meetup for the Nurthan wedding, then they might affect where we want to have it.  Greenville and Charleston are both about 2 hours from Columbia with Greenville being a bit less, depending on the traffic.   Myrtle Beach is a bit further away.

I have a second home in the North Myrtle area, but likely won't be there during the Nurthan wedding.  Only really chiming in because I like to see the Grand Strand represented here on FJ. :)

• Love 2

@WarriorJane @scoutsadie OMG. And it’s too late to edit it. Hahahaha, I guess the joke is on me!! I don’t even know how that slipped! (Also, unlike @CreatedToBeACritic, I have no excuse because English is my first/native language.) I’m usually pretty good with grammar... 

Well, enjoy laughing at that irony because I sure am! :laughing-rofl:

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

On 12/11/2019 at 5:08 PM, JanasTattooParlor said:

Oh the traffic is just terrible! I love downtown though and can’t imagine living in any other city. I lived near Charlotte for a few years and I missed Charleston the whole time. I’ve actually never tried Early Bird Diner despite all the fantastic things I’ve heard about it! I’m gonna have to go sometime ?

The traffic is terrible.I went to get my hair cut ,last week at Citadel Mall.I had to have an afternoon appointment,stopped at Sesame to eat,but it still took well over an hour to get back to Summerville.

You need to try Early Bird Diner.I have only been once,and I loved it.

I love downtown Charleston,too!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Jinger: Posts a long how-to IG story on how to make yeast rolls

Also Jinger: does not mention anything about yeast in the step-by-step instructions, makes a note at the end about the yeast

Kinda BEC but made me scratch my head a little bit. I love this "influencer homemaker" Season Of Life that the older girls are trying to get into

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 2

13 minutes ago, lil_secret said:

Jinger: Posts a long how-to IG story on how to make yeast rolls

Also Jinger: does not mention anything about yeast in the step-by-step instructions, makes a note at the end about the yeast

Kinda BEC but made me scratch my head a little bit. I love this "influencer homemaker" Season Of Life that the older girls are trying to get into

It's a great video, it looks like she's never baked before and I love it.  She seems surprised when the shortening doesn't just come out of the measuring cup.  Someone should try and screen cap her face right than, it's priceless.   She has the recipe pulled up on her phone (which is right in the splash zone) and none of her ingredients prepped in anyway before starting to film.  I think the sloppy way she measured the flour, and her inexperience, worked against her because it looked way too wet when she put it in to rise.  And to top it all off I'm pretty sure she burnt them!  :pb_lol:

Jinger the Baker is my new favorite thing to snark on.  I just can't with this one. 

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, melon said:

The traffic is terrible.I went to get my hair cut ,last week at Citadel Mall.I had to have an afternoon appointment,stopped at Sesame to eat,but it still took well over an hour to get back to Summerville.

You need to try Early Bird Diner.I have only been once,and I loved it.

I love downtown Charleston,too!

OMG sesame! 

Please get the Memphis burger for me the next time you go. I miss sesame more than I miss Early Bird. they rereleased the Memphis burger my last weekend in Charleston and I made sure to go get myself one more before leaving. 

For those not in the lowcountry, the Memphis burger is a burger with peanut butter, banana, and bacon. Sounds weird but its soooo good. 

• Love 3

So BEC  the rolls went into the oven in one pan and came out in a different pan, she did not tell you to add yeast when making the rolls (she added it to the end of the story), and she used too much flour when rolling out the dough.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic