IGNORED

JinJer 51: Can't Even Sell Donuts!

Destiny

22 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

I know we’re not supposed to engage in pregnancy speculation, but since this is 100% not based on her figure... Jinger’s current Instagram story is her rolling dough around with the caption  “More to come soon ?

Christmas baking themed “bun in the oven” announcement? Or ”clever” tease?

I have been wondering too recently. One of the girls always seem to be pregnant so it wouldn't be too far fetched to say it's a possibility. It's hard to tell with these two attention seekers though as others have said.

On 12/9/2019 at 2:27 PM, Perrierwithlemon said:

My iron dropped too. So much that I thought my constant fatigue was hypothyroid -- nope, just low iron! I can't seem to get myself to eat land animals again. I think veganism can almost be like orthorexia, in the sense that most meat and many animal products became a fear food. Fear of weight gain, fear of judgement from the vegan community, fear of judgement of others because they rub it in my face that my vegan diet was "just a phase," etc. I've slowly reintroduced non-vegan food one at a time, and it helps me mentally if I know the animal product came locally from a good place. But to answer your question, as of now, I've been taking ferrasorb iron supplements. I also struggled with severe B-vitamin deficiencies when I was eating strictly vegan, even though I took supplements. I had to up my intake. I also got a lot of cavities when I was vegan from not getting enough minerals and from all the fruit.

Being vegan is not as great as vegans had made it out to be. I would say that vegan extremists, like many of the vegan youtubers in 2014ish, spread really harmful lies that veganism can "work for everyone!" No. It doesn't. There's a reason why so many people have stopped being vegan.

Besides stopping being vegan because of my allergies, being 100% vegan was always going to be impossible for me. I used to need an inhaler because of asthma. But since I've started my new diet of what works for me, I haven't needed to use my inhaler all the time or take so many allergy pills. I wouldn't be able to take any real medications due to animal testing, no leather dance shoes, ice skates, climbing shoes, no leather shoes in general, no wool sweaters, no owning pets, pet abuse by not giving dogs and cats the carnivore/omnivore diet they need, the list could go on forever. That Vegan Couple on YouTube are even against service dogs. I happen to like leather shoes because they last longer, and stretch to accommodate my wider feet. Veganism began to feel very much like a cult to me, that's part of why I stopped being a part of it. I think the emphasis needs to be what's sustainable and good for the planet rather than the "if it's vegan, it's good" mentality. When possible, I like to buy things used and/or local -- it's much better and less strict. IMO it's better to buy a used or ethically-sourced wool sweater than buy a new sweater made of plastic. 

We're kind of here with my daughter.  She drops into anemia and B-12 deficiency very easily but doesn't really care for meat much (not a vegetarian per se, just a preference).  If she stops eating too much meat, her anemia gets really bad and I have to get after her to get more meat based protein in her diet - nothing else will really work.  As it is, she gives herself B-12 shots and gets IV infusions of iron periodically because she can't find an oral iron supplement she can tolerate well.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, OldFadedStar said:

Oh hey, i just moved away from Goose Creek in June of this year 

There’s so many SC people here! I’ve lived all over the Lowcountry but currently reside in West Ashley. 

• Love 2

34 minutes ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

There’s so many SC people here! I’ve lived all over the Lowcountry but currently reside in West Ashley. 

Is there anyone here from the Myrtle Beach area?  West of Greenville?  If we actually did have a meetup for the Nurthan wedding, then they might affect where we want to have it.  Greenville and Charleston are both about 2 hours from Columbia with Greenville being a bit less, depending on the traffic.   Myrtle Beach is a bit further away.

10 hours ago, patsymae said:

Do wonder why if Jinjer is "the baker" why she partnered with the donut folks as an "influencer" (still can't say that with a straight face) instead of as a partner in developing recipes, new flavors and types of donuts, etc.

I think she's always been the baker the way Joy was always Sierra's best friend, even though she was like 12 at the time. Or the way Josh was "a graphic designer" when he used commonly available software to make an invitation or something. Or how Jana is the family's concert pianist...

What happened to Jinger being the ‘photographer’ or the ‘car flipper’ ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Idlewild said:

What happened to Jinger being the ‘photographer’ or the ‘car flipper’ ?

She got married, DUH, the only acceptable jobs for married fundy women, is mother or preachers wife. 

As for Jinger having another bun in the oven, I don't think she is pregnant yet, or she JUST found out,  I do see her getting pregnant very soon, though, another I predict a late summer baby for her. 

• Upvote 4

Wasn’t she also a laundry fairy? She also seems to be a decent piano player. Beyond teaching(bwaaaah) rather keeping the boys in line, I’m still wondering what was Jessa’s Jurisdiction or special talent? 

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Wasn’t she also a laundry fairy? She also seems to be a decent piano player. Beyond teaching(bwaaaah) rather keeping the boys in line, I’m still wondering what was Jessa’s Jurisdiction or special talent? 

I think Jessa was the hair stylist? I feel like she was always the one wielding a curling iron when they did their "how to do your hair like us" videos. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

On 12/10/2019 at 12:39 PM, Baxter said:

Some people are just jerks about commenting on other people's food choices or accommodating them. But I think also these days, there are so many people who for whatever reason don't eat a particular thing and so I think some people just get exhausted trying to accommodate everything. 

My mom has developed a dairy allergy. She also can't eat chocolate because it gives her terrible migraines. She now thinks that she is developing a nut allergy. I accommodate all these things when I cook for her. She gets her own dairy free mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving and Christmas. 

My mother-in-law has decided that she has some sort of gluten issue so whenever we have them over for dinner, I need to make sure everything for her is gluten free. I've started making gluten free desserts for her too.  

Now if both my mother and mother in law were at a dinner together, it would make it much more complicated. Throw in my husband's cousin who is a vegetarian and I would be tearing out my hair!

I have hashimotos disease and have been gluten free for 8 years. I am not sure if I have celiac disease (it is commonly comorbid with hashimotos) since I realized gluten was causing a lot of vomiting prior to realizing I should get tested. Anyway, I LOVE to hear how accommodating you are to your family members with food restrictions. For the past 8 years ive dealt with my grandparents and cousins saying things such as "just wait until you are pregnant, you won't be able to stop craving it!", "its a holiday, you can have a little bit" "Why are you trying to be different?" and "no, of course she will grow out of it."

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1
  • Love 6

17 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

On 12/10/2019 at 2:14 PM, OldFadedStar said:

Oh hey, i just moved away from Goose Creek in June of this year 

That’s wild; I’m from very close to there! We even go there sometimes! I’m from Santee

Edited by scarlettphoenix
Browser keeps glitching and making me start over
  • Love 2

19 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

Mmm... early bird diner. 

that’s like the only reason I ventured over to west Ashley lol. That and to go to James island for the Festival of Lights.

i went downtown a lot, actually gave birth at MUSC. I also spent a lot of time in mount pleasant as my church was there. 

I really really miss it to be honest. I live in the middle of nowhere Mississippi now. but I don’t miss the traffic haha

Edited by OldFadedStar
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 2

25 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

Mmm... early bird diner. 

that’s like the only reason I ventured over to west Ashley lol. That and to go to James island for the Festival of Lights.

i went downtown a lot, actually gave birth at MUSC. I also spent a lot of time in mount pleasant as my church was there. 

I really really miss it to be honest. I live in the middle of nowhere Mississippi now. but I don’t miss the traffic haha

Oh the traffic is just terrible! I love downtown though and can’t imagine living in any other city. I lived near Charlotte for a few years and I missed Charleston the whole time. I’ve actually never tried Early Bird Diner despite all the fantastic things I’ve heard about it! I’m gonna have to go sometime ?

• Love 2

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

She packed when they went on trips, which they did a lot.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

On the subject of suppliments, I have learned of D3/K2.  There are vegan sources ( coconut based, I believe).  I have a bottle *see pic* that also has A in it. Tastes horrible but can be snuck into foods or juice.  See article for why.  The Vegans/vegetarians at work ( holistic dental practice.  We recommend it for bone health) use it.  Apparently, we all need this.  Unless you eat lots of organ meats.  Just passing on some info I learned about because I like you all. Lol :)

https://smarter-reviews.com/lp/top-five-k2?tr=nwK43kn&gclid=CjwKCAiAxMLvBRBNEiwAKhr-nAJ6je3d0ybbkw20lMDUhBCLaDL_yZopRmvxRtMerq-qu7SxGariFBoCwdMQAvD_BwE

20191211_202639.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

@OldFadedStar,  one of my daughters and her family live in Olive Branch,  which is a MS suburb of Memphis.  They did live near Germantown, Tennessee, but weren't happy with the schools the kids would have to attend.  Olive Branch has good schools especially for my grandson who is on the autism spectrum.   

Her BFF drove from Charleston to Memphis to be there when she gave birth to Robbie.  That is very impressive!

On 12/7/2019 at 3:55 PM, CreatedToBeACritic said:

uhm, my website is live. please let me know if there are glaring mistakes on it or if any of you have good content to include.

https://jingernicolevuolo.com/

I love this so much! I'd never heard the upstream/downstream metaphor before but it's wonderful.  Thank you!

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@OldFadedStar,  one of my daughters and her family live in Olive Branch,  which is a MS suburb of Memphis.  They did live near Germantown, Tennessee, but weren't happy with the schools the kids would have to attend.  Olive Branch has good schools especially for my grandson who is on the autism spectrum.   

Her BFF drove from Charleston to Memphis to be there when she gave birth to Robbie.  That is very impressive!

I’m now about 3 hours from Memphis in Jackson. I’m seriously considering driving to Memphis to give birth if I get pregnant again. I was in labor for 25 hours so I should be good lol. 

im sure I’ve drive through olive branch on one of my trips up north. Is it right off 55?

4 hours ago, OldFadedStar said:

I’m now about 3 hours from Memphis in Jackson. I’m seriously considering driving to Memphis to give birth if I get pregnant again. I was in labor for 25 hours so I should be good lol. 

im sure I’ve drive through olive branch on one of my trips up north. Is it right off 55?

I-22/US 78 runs through Olive Branch while I-55 runs through nearby Hernando.   My daughter had her three babies at Germantown Methodist which maybe the closest Memphis hospital to you.  

I'd gotten the impression from something that Erin Napier wrote that there were no north-south interstates in Mississippi.  There are none that run through Laurel, but that is not the same as saying that there aren't any.  That frankly didn't make sense.  Mississipians need to be able to travel.

Edited by PennySycamore

@CreatedToBeACritic can you just change "easier" to "more easily" in your sentence about Catholics and Protestants turning conservative or fundamentalist? Thank you! 

I'm not sure if you intended this, and I don't mean to offend, but I think the "Dumbed" down explanation and casual, conversational writing style would be helpful for the type of people I assume might search for a Jinjer website as a fangirl. They will be able to comprehend your writing easily. Good choice! 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I-22/US 78 runs through Olive Branch while I-55 runs through nearby Hernando.   My daughter had her three babies at Germantown Methodist which maybe the closest Memphis hospital to you.  

I'd gotten the impression from something that Erin Napier wrote that there were no north-south interstates in Mississippi.  There are none that run through Laurel, but that is not the same as saying that there aren't any.  That frankly didn't make sense.  Mississipians need to be able to travel.

55 runs from Memphis to New Orleans so there is a north-south interstate in Mississippi. It connects with 20 in the Jackson area to go West or East. 

But the infrastructure is definitely lacking in Mississippi. 

It's also lacking in Arkansas, getting slightly on the Duggar track. Arkansas is the 2nd most boring state I've driven through, with Alabama being number 1. And I've driven through most of the midwest, south and east coast. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, kmachete14 said:

@CreatedToBeACritic can you just change "easier" to "more easily" in your sentence about Catholics and Protestants turning conservative or fundamentalist? Thank you! 

I'm not sure if you intended this, and I don't mean to offend, but I think the "Dumbed" down explanation and casual, conversational writing style would be helpful for the type of people I assume might search for a Jinjer website as a fangirl. They will be able to comprehend your writing easily. Good choice! 

Thank you, I will change it right away! English is not my native language so that part of the grammar is difficult for me!

And the writing style was on purpose, yeah, thank you for the compliment. I'm actually doing a ThD (PhD) in theology at university in Europe and one of my main pet peeves is that the tone is wayyy top high in most academic works; we have a duty to society and everyone in it, not just the people like myself who spend all of their time in the books (or on Freejinger, lol). My goal was that anyone who speaks English and has an internet connection can understand the website. That does include 16-year-olds who come into the Lori Alexander/Mrs. Midwest/Jinger funnel and will hopefully help them to realize that being a housewife, if that is what they aspire, does not HAVE to come with all these extreme ideas like women being inherently dumber than men, etc.

Thanks again!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic