IGNORED

JinJer 51: Can't Even Sell Donuts!

Destiny

1 hour ago, Knight of Ni said:

It’s interesting to see so many from SC. I’m in the Midlands.

As your neighbor to the North, and someone who spent every summer on SC beaches for 20 years, I just wanna say:

PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW WE CAN HELP YOU GET RID OF LINDSEY GRAHAM! 

• Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 7

So when Jinger said in her (now deleted) Fonuts post that she was ‘taking her baking to the next level’ she meant she was letting someone who could actually bake do it?

Edited by Idlewild
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 24

41 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

So BEC  the rolls went into the oven in one pan and came out in a different pan, she did not tell you to add yeast when making the rolls (she added it to the end of the story), and she used too much flour when rolling out the dough.

It’s not BEC. If she’s going to set herself up as an authority - with full knowledge that she has her very own Greek chorus - she has to expect criticism when she doesn’t know what she’s doing.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

I was amused by Jinger's stories of her making the rolls for all the reasons mentioned. I'll give her credit for tying up her hair in a bun, but she wore a long sleeved blouse which seemed uncomfortable and impractical and it made her seem as though she didn't know how to handle a simple yeast dough.

However, maybe she just seemed nervous and clumsy because she was trying to do it perfectly and as we all know, focusing on perfection often yields the opposite. She has posted some pics of her cooked and baked goods before and everything looked fine so far (omelette and kale, pumpkin muffins, ginger cookies, etc). Someone mentioned the rolls looked burned but I disagree, I think they looked just more on the baked side. Food often looks darker in camera light than it does IRL. 

ETA: A quick search shows she's shared the recipe before and those rolls look fine to me too. 

Spoiler

Edited by Pretzel
  • Upvote 1

I just saw Jana posted the same recipe on instagram and her's is much more polished.  It's also the first time I've really thought a sister was throwing some shade.  Pretty sure Jana was/ is the family baker,

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

Jinger was shown teaching Joy to make the honey bread on the show before she got married to Jeremy so I'm pretty sure Jinger was the baker. Well, she baked the bread at least. She said John taught her so she was passing it down to Joy. 

How weird that they would post this recipe at the same time. Are they hoping to start a competitive sisters baking youtube? In the style of a who wore it best but instead who baked it best. I'd tactically vote on that, see if we couldn't start some shit between them by having FJ members rig their polls. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

So BEC  the rolls went into the oven in one pan and came out in a different pan

And she didn't mention that this was Jesus' Miracle of the Bread Pans?!?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

As your neighbor to the North, and someone who spent every summer on SC beaches for 20 years, I just wanna say:

PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW WE CAN HELP YOU GET RID OF LINDSEY GRAHAM! 

I wish I knew. He would already be gone.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

This is very BEC and I don't mean to start a paper plate style debate over it, but why did she use that disposable pan?!?  I can see baking it in a foil pan if she's taking it somewhere,  but if you're posting it on Instagram and trying to present yourself as super-godly-breadmaking-housewife-extraordinaire, wouldn't you use a real pan?  Shouldn't Jinger have the basic tools of godly domesticity?  

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, WarriorJane said:

This is very BEC and I don't mean to start a paper plate style debate over it, but why did she use that disposable pan?!?  I can see baking it in a foil pan if she's taking it somewhere,  but if you're posting it on Instagram and trying to present yourself as super-godly-breadmaking-housewife-extraordinaire, wouldn't you use a real pan?  Shouldn't Jinger have the basic tools of godly domesticity?  

She probably sold it before the big move.

• Haha 5

My brain has been processing slowly lately so it just hit me when I looked at the title of this thread that none of the Duggars have to SELL donuts - they go get dozens of them when they give out free donuts.   They get the whole fam damily to go and stock up until the next free give away.   

(Good thing that the companies don't do like Duggars giving out food - do it for the show and take it back)

Insert other media

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I can't answer to Jinger and her baking her bread in a foil pan, but I do have a recipe for a very unusual bread that you bake it in a deep foil roasting pan with foil on the top to steam it and give it a very crisp crust.

(The recipe is unusual in other ways too, in that it just has yeast, salt, water, and flour, and that you only fold it a couple times the first day you make it, put it in the refrigerator overnight, then just knead it a few times before shaping it into a round and putting it in your foil pan.)

• Upvote 2

I haven't seen the Jinger baking video, but maybe she ruined the first batch and had to make more, her original pan was not yet clean so she made do with what she had available. Whatever it was, she could have either explained why her pan changed or re-videoed parts of her baking. Isn't it kind of an instructional video, after all?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

They have their own website now. 
https://www.jingerandjeremy.com

They call themselves the breakout stars of Counting on. They never stood out to me. They are certainly not the stars of the series.

? They think mighty high of themselves. Of course I'm just shocked by this. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 13

12 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

They call themselves the breakout stars of Counting on. They never stood out to me. They are certainly not the stars of the series.

Breakout stars? Really? As my grandmother used to say, they really think their shit doesn't stink. ??

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 10

11 minutes ago, DarkAnts said:

Wow, that's an awful picture of both of them.

They seriously need to fire their publicist or agent or whoever they're using. I'm sure it's in large part down to the fact that Jinger and Jeremy are just incredibly awkward, phony and cringeworthy on their own, but surely they can find someone who'd make them seem a bit more natural and less blatantly narcissistic and ridiculous? I mean, ffs, the 'breakout stars' of Counting On? Culinary arts and men's fashion? Get the fuck outta here.

• Upvote 24
  • Haha 8
  • Love 1

Fonuts lives on.

What strikes me most about their efforts to be hip, fundie influencers is that their photography is not very good. It never appears authentic or unique. It’s always oddly staged photographs that look like they were taken at a photography session. While I think most of what any influencer posts is obviously staged, the Vuolos aren’t good at hiding the great efforts and staging behind each photograph. They always look rigid and posed like bad stock images and the photos that come in your picture frames when you buy them. They’re not good at this influencer thing and it shows.

FAB46EB0-88B3-480E-92EE-C78769364392.jpeg

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 9

Someone send the Vuolos some child fingernail clippers with instructions on how to safely use. Felicity’s fingernails are gross. I’m surprised she doesn’t have scratches all over her face. 

image.thumb.jpeg.bce99366ab7e6b33e6ec1450c137b2bf.jpeg

Also, I see the Sr Vuolos are visiting LA for the holidays. Do the Jr Vuolos every spend a holiday, or any significant amount of time outside of filming, with Jinger’s family?

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 3
  • WTF 2

Writing copy about yourself sucks for someone like me. I don’t do well writing about myself because I think I am pretty average.  So I wish I had the ability to sell my story like these two. 

Only couple to move = breakout star 

Amass a large following = more than most but not the most in my family 

Avid home cook = My brother taught me to make bread and I have nothing else to do 

Gifted pianist and violinist = my parents made me take lessons 

Modern men’s fashion = I like to look nice 

Culinary Arts = I like to eat and cook 

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

That black leather sofa is a terrible backdrop for a cover photo.  I am amused by Fonuts showing up in one shot, even though Fonuts showed their bigoted asses the door.

• Upvote 13

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic