IGNORED

JinJer 51: Can't Even Sell Donuts!

Destiny

Not that I an defending them, but I often carry my seven month old daughter facing out that way. I find it is the way she is happiest so that makes it easier for me too. 

Now they are very image conscious so I could see them doing it because it showcases Felicity better and it's pretty obvious that both jinger and Felicity are Jeremy's props . But that could just be the way Felicity likes to be carried. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

That website is a whole new stop on the hot mess express. The about section is painfully clunky and those photos are awful. 

I've been fairly ambivalent towards the vuolos but damn if seeing the website didn't actually make me dislike them. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 12

In his birthday tribute Jed ( he’s a grown up now so gets to do his own) thanks  Jinger for her style advice & teaching him table etiquette. Two immediate thoughts- if he gets elected is he going to start wearing bow ties & badly fitting trousers like Jeremy? And second, it’s a pity she didn’t pass on some of the etiquette to plate lickin’ Joe! 

Edited by Idlewild
Typo
  • Upvote 17
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

18 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

His birthday post was actually pretty lackluster I thought

That is because it wasn't about him. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 14

Looking at the website now and.....

"Jeremy is a former professional soccer player from Downingtown, PA, now enrolled in the graduate program at The Master’s Seminary. He is passionate about being a husband and father, as well as modern men’s fashion and the culinary arts."

Modern mens fashion.  Dude. Nah, bro. I'm laughing so hard!  Gimmie a break,  Jeremy ?

Love that they have a pic with Fonuts.  ?

Not much of a website.  

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

On 12/20/2019 at 8:27 PM, patsymae said:

I wonder what their talents are. Wearing pants? Eating donuts? 

If I could base a career around these talents, I would be really thrilled.  I want to be a pants-wearing donut-eater.  Well, I already am---I just would like to get recognition and payment for it.

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 37
  • I Agree 4

This is nothing new, but all I could think was "my god, these people are shallow" when I read their about me.  I keep hearing they're a pretty package with the same foul beliefs but honestly the whole picture is repulsive.

bUt sHe'S FrEE say the tabloids

• Upvote 22

On 12/21/2019 at 9:16 PM, Giraffe said:

Maybe calling themselves “break-out stars is a Trump-inspired PR move. If they say it, people will believe them, and that will lead to it being true. ?

Maybe they’re being very Californian and manifesting?

(I say with love, as a fellow resident of LA... since I’ve moved here I have been told to manifest things like a million dollars or a cavity going away without any action on my part beyond believing the result I desire will come. Sorry, not buying it.)

• Haha 14

6 hours ago, Ms. Brightside said:

Maybe they’re being very Californian and manifesting?

(I say with love, as a fellow resident of LA... since I’ve moved here I have been told to manifest things like a million dollars or a cavity going away without any action on my part beyond believing the result I desire will come. Sorry, not buying it.)

Wait. Joel Osteen is in LA now???

• Haha 10

Based purely on my following big brother in the US, I’m gonna guess they were signed by a PR person when they moved to LA who is now writing that Derek trying to grow their personal brand (rather than the Duggar brand).  A lot of the BB and other reality folks who hop in the influencer bandwagon ante repped by the same person.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

This is nothing new, but all I could think was "my god, these people are shallow" when I read their about me.  I keep hearing they're a pretty package with the same foul beliefs but honestly the whole picture is repulsive.

bUt sHe'S FrEE say the tabloids

These two are about as deep as a wadding pool.

She has no real agency over her life, I'm sure Jeremy was the one who told her to do the blonde balayage, and he approves of her clothes, when they are purchased, but she gets to pick what she wears day by day. 

Jill seems to have the most "freedom" but she doesn't' know what to do with it, and doesn't really seem to want it. 

• Upvote 13

J & J are singing the same old song as the Duggars always have, if we call ourselves something -it's true

JB and Michelle have a lot of unprotected sex, start a fundie fertility cult with  a clown car uterus: "Parenting Experts" "Homeschool Consultants"

Jana plays the piano- "Professional Pianist" not to mention "Party Planner"  and "Gardener" and "Interior Design"

Derrick is a "Missionary"

Austin is an unlicensed "Contractor"and "House Flipper"

Jill and Jessa "Brand influencers" "Instagram marketers"

JD owns a plane is a "Commercial Pilot" (OMG Srsly??!)

Jed serves as a page, has a SOTDRT education but he's qualified to  for office!!

I can't even remember what Joshie said he was when he was working in DC. 

I could go on and on. These people have ALWAYS just made up their resumes. J&J have a fancy website and representation so now they're BREAKOUT STARS:tw_star: I hope that the "non breakout star" siblings come up with some new monikers of their own...DUGGAR BRAND WARS!!!!!  

• Upvote 31
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Exposedknees said:

J & J are singing the same old song as the Duggars always have, if we call ourselves something -it's true

JB and Michelle have a lot of unprotected sex, start a fundie fertility cult with  a clown car uterus: "Parenting Experts" "Homeschool Consultants"

Jana plays the piano- "Professional Pianist" not to mention "Party Planner"  and "Gardener" and "Interior Design"

Jed serves as a page, has a SOTDRT education but he's qualified to  for office!!

I could go on and on. These people have ALWAYS just made up their resumes. J&J have a fancy website and representation so now they're BREAKOUT STARS:tw_star: I hope that the "non breakout star" siblings come up with some new monikers of their own...DUGGAR BRAND WARS!!!!!  

This- absolutely. The fact that so many of their fans are convinced Derrick & Ben are ‘pastors’, the other boys are skilled builders, Jinger has a photography business, Jana is a decorator, builder, midwife, doula and the family were millionaires before TLC. 
The Duggars have successfully built a brand based on half truths (‘no TV, some TV, er just not cable TV’). In the age of social media influencers this is just the natural extension of their long running BS for bucks philosophy. 

• Upvote 15

On 12/21/2019 at 10:17 PM, candygirl200413 said:

His birthday post was actually pretty lackluster I thought

Because he doesn't love her as a person, he loves her as a prop. Jinger has become the fundie "Cool Girl." Someone should send her a copy of Gone Girl. Playing "Cool Girl" doesn't last.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

33 minutes ago, raspberrymint said:

I'm not sure why Jill is more liked here than Jinger.  Is there honestly any difference in life choices?

I would definitely not say that Jill is more liked here than Jinger. I think Jinger used to be much better liked on FJ than Jill, but they’re probably about equally disliked at this point.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 9

Jinger used to be better liked because she never opened her mouth, other than the time she said she wanted to live in the city. I think she rolled her eyes once and everyone was convinced she would be the one to break the mold because she was obviously rebellious inside. Jill had an opinion on any and everything and was annoying because she was the perfect daughter. Now people say she is making baby steps because of the changes in her life.  I will give her credit for continuing to try with her mommy blog or whatever she calls her posts. She isn’t good at it but she keeps with it and maybe she will get better with persistence.  Jinger still doesn’t say anything and just appears to be Jeremy’s dress-up doll/follower. Honestly, I feel like we know nothing about Jinger other than she still enjoys coffee and staring at Jeremy as though he is the next coming of a Christ. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 5

GI don’t think there is much to choose between Jinger and Jill- they are a similar clump of values and entitlement in different packages. Both are moulded by what their husbands are- Jill trying to act the hippy student Christian because Derrick is forever trying to relive his glory days as Pistol Pete; Jinger doing the Californian sophisticate because that is what Jeremy fancies himself as.

after the Karma Sutra fiasco Jill was quick to reaffirm her belief that marriage was only between a man and woman- Jinger has not yet had to be vocal on her views. The Presidential election will be interesting- if I recall Derick confirmed he voted for Trump on the single issue of abortion - I wonder if Jinger and Jeremy will dare to air their political views?

Edited by Idlewild
Typo
  • Upvote 7

JinJer haven't been political thus far. The only thing remotely political Jeremy has done is sign that vile anti-human rights petition created by his mentor, MacArthur. Voddie Baucham was also a signer.

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Exposedknees said:

Wait, what? JD is a pilot? What are your sources for that? 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 18
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Exposedknees said:

This is actually factually true.  JD has a commercial pilot's license which can be verified at the FAA website.  He is not nor has he claimed to be an airline pilot.  That's a different item than commercial pilot.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 2

On 12/23/2019 at 5:47 PM, Exposedknees said:

Love your list.
Josh is at least a „film maker“ right?

And Jinger is the “family photographer”.

• Upvote 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic