IGNORED

JinJer 51: Can't Even Sell Donuts!

Destiny

Jana is a gardener. Have you SEEN her garden? That's past "oh haha, cute you think you have a hobby!"

Derick was a missionary through a sending company and all.

Austin is a house flipper.

The older "girls" are attempting to be infuencers, and have gotten legit brand ambassador status repeatedly.

And JD is a commercial pilot.

So ehh....maybe pick some things that they legitimately aren't before laughing at them for thinking they are these things?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2
  • I Agree 2

On 12/23/2019 at 4:51 PM, socalrules said:

Jinger used to be better liked because she never opened her mouth, other than the time she said she wanted to live in the city. I think she rolled her eyes once and everyone was convinced she would be the one to break the mold because she was obviously rebellious inside. Jill had an opinion on any and everything and was annoying because she was the perfect daughter. Now people say she is making baby steps because of the changes in her life.  I will give her credit for continuing to try with her mommy blog or whatever she calls her posts. She isn’t good at it but she keeps with it and maybe she will get better with persistence.  Jinger still doesn’t say anything and just appears to be Jeremy’s dress-up doll/follower. Honestly, I feel like we know nothing about Jinger other than she still enjoys coffee and staring at Jeremy as though he is the next coming of a Christ. 

So it's a fallen pedestal in Jinger's case and the reverse effect for Jill.  

• Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1

Jinger is more of a people pleaser and Jill is more of a sponge.  Jill soaks in what she's told, for better or for worse.  Jinger has that in, in my opinion, lesser spades, and it's a deliberate choice on her part just like living in the city (what she wanted) under Jeremy's authority (what pleases her culture).

I have more respect for sycophantic than stupid behavior.  Intentional sycophantic behavior is a trait of long game survivors.  I may be in the minority of personality preferences there, though.  I know if Jill is free it will be something more relatable to more people.

If you can influence a sponge for good, you can influence a sponge for bad.  People who play the long game for freedom don't go back on what they earned.  Just my observations and personal opinions.  

Edited by raspberrymint
Second bit and summary
  • Upvote 6

5 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@HereticHick, I want to know in the Sam Hill why Jinger is placing her rolls like that and in that pan.

At first I thought she was making little snowmen or Christmas trees or something,  but no, she's just standing them upright (?)  And she'd better expand her repertoire beyond rolls if she wants to become a Godly Influencer Christian Internet Baker.   

• Upvote 8

7 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@HereticHick, I want to know in the Sam Hill why Jinger is placing her rolls like that and in that pan.

I think it’s just the way they make that roll recipe. Jana did the same thing when she made it on her YouTube channel

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

23 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Is this JinJer's kitchen?

It is for now, it is the transition house at the seminary they are staying at until they find their own lodgings.  I think the rolls are set on their side because you can get more on a pan that way.

It also explains why she's making rolls in a cake pan. I've made dinner rolls before but either used a cookie sheet or a muffin tin. 

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 2

Does she make the dough or just bakes a packed/canned one? I can only call someone a baker if makes it from scratch.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

Does she make the dough or just bakes a packed/canned one? I can only call someone a baker if makes it from scratch.

Seeing as she did a video tutorial for how to make the rolls she made them from scratch? 

The world if fucked if people can't even extrapolate from a photo, of all the ingredients set out in front of someone, if this was a scratch recipe or store bought?  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 4

@patsymae,  Christmas tree rolls would make the most sense although I'd wonder about the ones in the center collapsing a bit and the ones on the side looking too much like lopsided ones or trees that aren't straight in the stand like our Christmas tree which tilts a little toward the wall.

Usually you want to bake rolls on a baking sheet.  They'll cook more evenly.  Baked like Jinger's, the ones in the middle are likely to be under-baked.  

Edited by PennySycamore
adding punctuation
  • I Agree 6

7 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Seeing as she did a video tutorial for how to make the rolls she made them from scratch? 

The world if fucked if people can't even extrapolate from a photo, of all the ingredients set out in front of someone, if this was a scratch recipe or store bought?  

So the world is fucked if people don't notice there were two pics?

It was a reasonable question, I didn't notice the arrow for the second one until I specifically looked to see what I was missing and why you were being so harsh.

If you think someone is asking a dumb question you don't have to answer, you don't need to reply to them like they're stupid.

@Melissa1977 I wondered the same thing.

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If you think someone is asking a dumb question you don't have to answer, you don't need to reply to them like they're stupid.

Especially considering that poster isn't exactly known for her painstakingness and has made her fair share of mistakes in posts (grammatical, historical, and factual).

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@patsymae,  Christmas tree rolls would make the most sense although I'd wonder about the ones in the center collapsing a bit and the ones on the side looking too much like lopsided ones or trees that aren't straight in the stand like our Christmas tree which tilts a little toward the wall.

Usually you want to bake rolls on a baking sheet.  They'll cook more evenly.  Baked like Jinger's, the ones in the middle are likely to be under-baked.  

Thanks. My baking career culminated in my son telling me if you want a loaf of bread that bad there's a store down the street. You give them money and they give you bread. So I just took a guess. Probably they're like that because she knows as much about baking as I do.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

On 12/26/2019 at 6:42 AM, RainbowSky said:

Jana is a gardener. Have you SEEN her garden? That's past "oh haha, cute you think you have a hobby!"

Derick was a missionary through a sending company and all.

Austin is a house flipper.

The older "girls" are attempting to be infuencers, and have gotten legit brand ambassador status repeatedly.

And JD is a commercial pilot.

So ehh....maybe pick some things that they legitimately aren't before laughing at them for thinking they are these things?

Yes, I have seen the pictures of the garden. And she is still a hobby gardener. Having fruits and vegetables isn’t something out of the ordinary and a lot of people started having chickens in the last two years. She just has the time (and workers) to put some nice Pinteresty crafts around it that makes it look more impressive than it is. 

There is a difference between being a hobby gardener and a gardener. Lots of highly skilled hobby gardeners with impressive gardens still see the difference. Playing the piano at little concerts here and there still doesn’t make a concert pianist.

You can be very passionate and good at something but still not reaching the same level as a professional. What is laughable is that they seem to be desperate to make themselves look more skilled than they are. Just be proud of what you achieved.

• Upvote 19
  • Love 1

Looks like Jinger spent Christmas with Jeremy's parents and siblings at home in LA. Jeremy's siblings both work in entertainment, don't they? Jeremy is the only pastor/professional church person? I know his mother also has a music charity

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, seraaa said:

Looks like Jinger spent Christmas with Jeremy's parents and siblings at home in LA. Jeremy's siblings both work in entertainment, don't they? Jeremy is the only pastor/professional church person? I know his mother also has a music charity

Jeremy’s dad is also a pastor

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

I think what @just_ordinary was getting at was that the Duggars have a history of making the kids more accomplished than they are.   Jana may be a gardener, but she is not a professional.  There's nothing wrong at all with being a hobbyist gardener or an amateur baker  or an amateur anything as long as you don't make yourself out to be something you are not.  

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I think what @just_ordinary was getting at was that the Duggars have a history of making the kids more accomplished than they are.   Jana may be a gardener, but she is not a professional.  There's nothing wrong at all with being a hobbyist gardener or an amateur baker  or an amateur anything as long as you don't make yourself out to be something you are not.  

I don’t even know what a professional gardener would be?  I have heard of farmers or landscapers, but not a professional gardener. Isn’t it a hobby?

• Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Sweet Caroline said:

I don’t even know what a professional gardener would be?  I have heard of farmers or landscapers, but not a professional gardener. Isn’t it a hobby?

When I was a kid, we had a huge garden and used (and canned and froze) the crops as a large component for our food supply.  Some weeks, we only went to the grocery store for things like flour and baking powder.  We also had chickens and a cow.  If you really use your garden to feed your family, I think you're a gardener.  If you dabble in it and use it occasionally, you're a hobbyist.  My opinion only.

I think the Duggars have cheapened education by saying that they're anything that they've seen done and/or tried to do a half-assed job of doing.  They ended up having someone else do major work on their house even though they said they built it themselves.  I take them saying they're anything professional with a huge grain of salt.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

We have Master Gardeners here.  They're volunteers so not professionals, but I'd consider them more than hobbyists.  They have special training to help other gardeners.  They operate under the county extension service.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic