IGNORED

Mrs. Midwest 2: Full of WTF

nelliebelle1197

This has nothing to do with snark, but I just felt the need to share a quote I came across earlier today:

"Do not live someone else's idea of womanhood. Womanhood is you." -Viola Davis

• Upvote 4
  • Love 15

Isn't Biblical Gender Roles the one who advocated for marrying off young girls before they started thinking about education / being something other than a wife-mother?

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

Isn't Biblical Gender Roles the one who advocated for marrying off young girls before they started thinking about education / being something other than a wife-mother?

Yes - he spouts ideas that IMO are child abuse. He advocates marriage for girls as soon as they menstruate. TTW likes him.

Spoiler
17 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Well...

D6908470-14F0-43F3-A594-D91A182E2124.jpeg

This guy is 50 shades of asshole.

• Upvote 3

What is she doing? When I first heard of her it was eye-rolling, but seemed harmless enough. But now... WTF?

• I Agree 1

45 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Umm, because humans beings aren’t commodities?
(Just a thought.)

Yeah. The bottom line with the car example is that you're taking someone's property and depriving them of a resource they purchased. Last I checked, wives aren't considered economic commodities. which someone owns. If you want to assert they're economic/property commodities, there's a word for that: slaves. Which...it's pretty fucking problematic when you put it that way. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

It's even more disturbing when you remember that these kind of people treat frozen embryos as full babies, not property. But grown ass women and teen girls are property to them. 

This article about a woman who went joined an alt-right white nationalist group and then found her way out was really good: https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/30/us/white-supremacist-woman-reeve/index.html

I wish it probed her more about what caused her to begin accepting the messages. She does do a good job explaining how quickly one can go from uncomfortable to accepting when you're surrounded by people of the same belief system. But I think it's important as a society to understand and prevent the descent to that point where you are willing to even entertain these beliefs. Traditional femininity as THE only good choice has become one of those dog whistle warnings for sure.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Ooof.

Samantha changed her look and her demeanor. She bought dresses with full skirts and nipped-in waists, clothes with which she wanted to project an "all-American, delicate sexuality." Samantha said, "I wanted to be more feminine, I wanted to be more desirable, I wanted to be more appreciated, I wanted to feel smart. So I just played into these roles. And the standards for how women are treated in there are pretty low, so I was able to lean into that and make that work for me."

Even as Samantha thought she was rising through the ranks, she was aware of a meme known as white sharia, a misogynistic twist on Muslim religious code. The "joke" is that white women are ruining Western civilization through promiscuity and voting for liberals, so the only way to save it is to impose Sharia law on women and, in the supremacists' twisted view of Sharia, treat them like property.

A flyer at the book-burning said "WHITE SHARIA ZONE. THOTS MUST WEAR HIJAB AT ALL TIMES." (A "thot" is slang racists have enthusiastically ripped from hip-hop; it means "that ho over there," or a woman who seeks attention through her sexuality.) Samantha took a picture of it. She is holding it with French-manicured fingernails.

She says that she and Samantha fit a familiar pattern within the alt-right. "Like 70 percent of the time, the women earn the money and the men do podcasts. And they do podcasts about how women shouldn't have jobs."

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Angry 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 3

@JermajestyDuggar can't quote your reply, since where moved to the next thread. These "fine gentlemen" told me this where the guys who where looking just for sex on dating sites and couldn't unterstand that I insisted on my rules for safe dating just because they gave me some attention and opening my bedroom door for them. Maybe I had bad luck with online dating or have a jerk magnet in my butt, who knows. But it's good to hear about the happy couples that found their other halfes online.

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Yeah. The bottom line with the car example is that you're taking someone's property and depriving them of a resource they purchased. Last I checked, wives aren't considered economic commodities. which someone owns. If you want to assert they're economic/property commodities, there's a word for that: slaves. Which...it's pretty fucking problematic when you put it that way. 

I don't even think they where happy with a slave. A slave is still a person with independend thoughts and a free will, no matter the circumstances. A slave can put up a happy face and deep down thinking about escaping and hating the slaver. I think what they want is a robot or doll. A thing they can model the exact way they want and can controll down to the core. And that's what I always tought when I see a picture of Mrs Midwest, she looks like a doll, poses like a doll and smiles like a doll. I don't see anything genuine about her, just a pretty face with an empty head that these kind of guys like yogi and husbear can fill with their own tought instead of herself.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

I don't even think they where happy with a slave. A slave is still a person with independend thoughts and a free will, no matter the circumstances. A slave can put up a happy face and deep down thinking about escaping and hating the slaver. I think what they want is a robot or doll. A thing they can model the exact way they want and can controll down to the core. And that's what I always tought when I see a picture of Mrs Midwest, she looks like a doll, poses like a doll and smiles like a doll. I don't see anything genuine about her, just a pretty face with an empty head that these kind of guys like yogi and husbear can fill with their own tought instead of herself.

I see this with the Disney Princess remark she seems to get from her fan girls. Nothing original, nothing unique, just some dudes conception of an ideal woman. 

• I Agree 2

A8AFED13-0364-4026-A278-7B1FF3278EC2.thumb.jpeg.e34dfb99fedbcffe65928f7553e4f624.jpeg

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Angry 1
  • Disgust 5
  • WTF 4

28 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

@JermajestyDuggar can't quote your reply, since where moved to the next thread. These "fine gentlemen" told me this where the guys who where looking just for sex on dating sites and couldn't unterstand that I insisted on my rules for safe dating just because they gave me some attention and opening my bedroom door for them. Maybe I had bad luck with online dating or have a jerk magnet in my butt, who knows. But it's good to hear about the happy couples that found their other halfes online.

I bet it’s different now. Tinder wasn’t even a thing when I was online dating! 

1 minute ago, ViolaSebastian said:

1D826C3C-46D7-40B9-863E-BCD592D8038C.jpeg

I must be 12 because all your black outs look like big penises to me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 3

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If you're 12, then I'm 12 too. :GPn0zNK:

I tried to black out the names, but honestly, if you're equating a woman leaving her abusive husband to what a person goes through when they're raped, you get what you deserve. 

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

29 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet it’s different now. Tinder wasn’t even a thing when I was online dating! 

That was years before tinder, I started online dating about 15 years ago and tried different platforms. I had great dates and met 2 of my ex- boyfriends that way, but with time, the amount of jerks or my expectations in men grew. Who knows.

And yes, I'm also 12 too, totally penises :D

• Haha 2

Today’s post from the Man who has It All, a spoof account that satirizes gender roles:

4037E8B6-59D4-4AE6-A2BF-64840903186A.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Today’s post from the Man who has It All, a spoof account that satirizes gender roles:

4037E8B6-59D4-4AE6-A2BF-64840903186A.jpeg

Yes! That guy is fantastic to follow on Facebook. Highly recommended.

• I Agree 3

Okay, folks. I'm loopy on medication, so let's recap Mrs. Midwest's latest day-in-the-life video, shall we?

1. Last night, Mrs. M hot oiled her hair. She woke this morning and the dog is acting funky. A huge ass black pick up truck that must cost a fortune to keep gassed up is in the drive way. Damn, that's a big pick up truck. Husbear is working that night, so he's sleeping. She's had a cold.

2. She gets dressed in her denim get up that I screenshotted before. NOT SHOWN: The Clown Boots. Y'all, she wore them with the Canadian Tuxedo.

3. Anyway, she has to leave the house. She has to be super quiet because Husbear is sleeping. She goes to coffee shop and makes sure to say that she parks way in the back to get extra steps in. 

4. She says that this vlog is pretty "basic." She says that homemaking is routine and she wants to show us that routine. She tools down to the beach and watches kite surfers. It looks cold AF. She says that she likes to do spontaneous stuff right now because when she's a mama, she can't do it. 

5. She then goes on this A+ rant about how the timing of Canadian Thanksgiving is superior to American Thanksgiving. I'm actually with her on this one. American Thanksgiving is way too close to Christmas and New Years. She says she's tempted to do Canadian Thanksgiving with her family, but won't do it. 

6. She goes to Aldi, but does not get a cart. She says her pet peeve is "gravity," or when bags fall off your shoulder. Apparently she just stuffed all her shit into bags as she was shopping. Then she goes to the Dollar Tree. She likes the Dollar Tree because everything in it is always one dollar. Same, girl. Same.

7. Husbear looks straight-up creepy with a moustache. OMG. Someone made fan art of Mrs. Midwest and her dog. 

8. She does a "haul." She says that because she's having people over, she didn't want to make stuff homemade, so she bought bagels and bread. Uh-huh. She got Speculaas cookies and all I can think about is speculum. She keeps talking about her "guests." We know it's Nikki, my dude. The whole world knows it's Nikki.

9. Apparently people are scared of Harley because she's a "big black dog with pointy ears." She likes to put a bandana on him to make him look more like a pet so people don't feel like they have to cross the street when they see the dog. They go for a walk. 

10. She makes up the bed for NIKKI AND DAN PHILLIPI her guests.

11. She makes a sandwich for Husbear. I'm not kidding. She makes him a sammich. He's in his uniform and about to head off to work, so they talk. No snark, it must suck to not have regular mealtimes with your husband. 

12. She sews a scrunchie. Apparently her husband gave her the sewing machine for Christmas. She shows off their basement, which is paneled (I actually love the nostalgia it brings up...), but neglects to show the wall with the humongous American flag that she showed on her Instagram.

• Thank You 5

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Okay, folks. I'm loopy on medication, so let's recap Mrs. Midwest's latest day-in-the-life video, shall we?

1. Last night, Mrs. M hot oiled her hair. She woke this morning and the dog is acting funky. A huge ass black pick up truck that must cost a fortune to keep gassed up is in the drive way. Damn, that's a big pick up truck. Husbear is working that night, so he's sleeping. She's had a cold.

2. She gets dressed in her denim get up that I screenshotted before. NOT SHOWN: The Clown Boots. Y'all, she wore them with the Canadian Tuxedo.

3. Anyway, she has to leave the house. She has to be super quiet because Husbear is sleeping. She goes to coffee shop and makes sure to say that she parks way in the back to get extra steps in. 

4. She says that this vlog is pretty "basic." She says that homemaking is routine and she wants to show us that routine. She tools down to the beach and watches kite surfers. It looks cold AF. She says that she likes to do spontaneous stuff right now because when she's a mama, she can't do it. 

5. She then goes on this A+ rant about how the timing of Canadian Thanksgiving is superior to American Thanksgiving. I'm actually with her on this one. American Thanksgiving is way too close to Christmas and New Years. She says she's tempted to do Canadian Thanksgiving with her family, but won't do it. 

6. She goes to Aldi, but does not get a cart. She says her pet peeve is "gravity," or when bags fall off your shoulder. Apparently she just stuffed all her shit into bags as she was shopping. Then she goes to the Dollar Tree. She likes the Dollar Tree because everything in it is always one dollar. Same, girl. Same.

7. Husbear looks straight-up creepy with a moustache. OMG. Someone made fan art of Mrs. Midwest and her dog. 

8. She does a "haul." She says that because she's having people over, she didn't want to make stuff homemade, so she bought bagels and bread. Uh-huh. She got Speculaas cookies and all I can think about is speculum. She keeps talking about her "guests." We know it's Nikki, my dude. The whole world knows it's Nikki.

9. Apparently people are scared of Harley because she's a "big black dog with pointy ears." She likes to put a bandana on him to make him look more like a pet so people don't feel like they have to cross the street when they see the dog. They go for a walk. 

10. She makes up the bed for NIKKI AND DAN PHILLIPI her guests.

11. She makes a sandwich for Husbear. I'm not kidding. She makes him a sammich. He's in his uniform and about to head off to work, so they talk. No snark, it must suck to not have regular mealtimes with your husband. 

12. She sews a scrunchie. Apparently her husband gave her the sewing machine for Christmas. She shows off their basement, which is paneled (I actually love the nostalgia it brings up...), but neglects to show the wall with the humongous American flag that she showed on her Instagram.

She likes the dollar tree because she can’t do math in her head to figure out how much she’s spending. And I used to make scrunchies when I was 11. It’s not hard at all. She needs to take on some real sewing projects if she wants to do this whole June Cleaver BS. 

• I Agree 4

9 hours ago, theotherelise said:

It's even more disturbing when you remember that these kind of people treat frozen embryos as full babies, not property. But grown ass women and teen girls are property to them. 

This article about a woman who went joined an alt-right white nationalist group and then found her way out was really good: https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/30/us/white-supremacist-woman-reeve/index.html

I wish it probed her more about what caused her to begin accepting the messages. She does do a good job explaining how quickly one can go from uncomfortable to accepting when you're surrounded by people of the same belief system. But I think it's important as a society to understand and prevent the descent to that point where you are willing to even entertain these beliefs. Traditional femininity as THE only good choice has become one of those dog whistle warnings for sure.

This reminds me of this made for TV movie I saw .  

It's loosely based on this true story .   https://incognitopress.wordpress.com/2018/03/06/white-lies-is-based-on-elisa-hategan-life/  

• Sad 1

That William model from a few pages back, was that her ex? Ol' Cait really took the L but dumping him and marrying the red-pilling, no-fap, egg-head manchild-- I mean, Husbear. I mean really? 

5 hours ago, MrsSparta said:

That William model from a few pages back, was that her ex? Ol' Cait really took the L but dumping him and marrying the red-pilling, no-fap, egg-head manchild-- I mean, Husbear. I mean really? 

Her ex-boyfriends name was Will. Whether it’s THAT Will, I don’t know—but the model Will attended Calvin at the same time she did. He’s also the CEO of a company and worked on the North Dakota oil fields...not exactly an unmanly profession. 

ETA: okay, yes.  It’s that William.

BB517CD8-B7B0-4B17-878A-16D966D0A9A4.thumb.png.c2364ce0fca159dc8841082d1249ec1d.png

ETA: unrelated, but dear lord in heaven...

https://calvinchimes.org/2015/11/25/we-stand-together-calvin-college-shows-solidarity-against-displays-of-racism/

https://stream.org/professor-blames-white-privilege-existence-michigan/

http://siouxlander.blogspot.com/2015/12/could-be-you-heard-this-but-in-case-you.html?m=1

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Thank You 2

I saw someone posted her Quora answers a few pages back but I didn't see anyone posting her questions. They are a bit telling, but also... there is so much personal information about her all over the internet. You would think with her degree she would've scrubbed a lot of this right when her channel started gaining traction.

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 4.09.53 PM.png

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic