IGNORED

Mrs. Midwest 2: Full of WTF

nelliebelle1197

I gotta get something off my chest... Mrs. Midwest has horrible fashion sense. I know that's no news to anyone, but seriously -- I can't get over her outfit in that vlog video! A bad denim-on-denim pairing with clown boots. Don't get me wrong, I love a good Canadian tux (and probably wear denim-on-denim at least once a week), but the denims should be contrasting! Think light denim jacket with dark jeans or vice versa. The denim of her skirt and jean jacket were way to close to each other and didn't match in texture or tint/shade -- they were competing. And those boots? Well, we've already discussed the atrocity of them. Personally, I would be embarrassed to wear most of the outfits that she does. 

Edited by Perrierwithlemon
posted prematurely
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Looking back at my own life, I probably would’ve been all over him in my early twenties! Thankfully I’ve learned better, but 15, 20 years ago?

I was the one to “rescue” a man from the world and change him while helping the world see he’s not the asshole he portrays himself to be...until the day I woke up and realized I was in a relationship with an asshole who cared only about himself and that yes, he truly was every bit as much of a gaslighting, abusive user that he told me* he was initially.

Eventually one of the things that helped me walk away was something Maya Angelou had said on Oprah many years earlier: “when someone tells you who they are, believe them.” That was huge for me. Helped me see maybe the guy who’s telling me he’s an asshole...is actually an asshole.

*For real. Asshole literally told me he used people but I didn’t understand that he was telling me the truth! Over the years I’ve learned that’s a thing - (some) narcissists will outright tell their intimate partner about the mindf’ry they’re doing and yet at the time I felt so grateful he was willing to be transparent with me. Nope, not transparent. His way of getting his claws in even deeper - he could blame me later on. “I told you what I was!” ?

I only dated one guy like that. I was 21 and thought I could help him. But then he assaulted me and I was done. I had always been into nice guys before him so I’m not sure what my lapse in judgment was all about. 

• Sad 4
  • Bless Your Heart 1

2 hours ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

I gotta get something off my chest... Mrs. Midwest has horrible fashion sense. I know that's no news to anyone, but seriously -- I can't get over her outfit in that vlog video! A bad denim-on-denim pairing with clown boots. Don't get me wrong, I love a good Canadian tux (and probably wear denim-on-denim at least once a week), but the denims should be contrasting! Think light denim jacket with dark jeans or vice versa. The denim of her skirt and jean jacket were way to close to each other and didn't match in texture or tint/shade -- they were competing. And those boots? Well, we've already discussed the atrocity of them. Personally, I would be embarrassed to wear most of the outfits that she does. 

Yeah she has some INCREDIBLY suspect fashion sense. She’s either dressed as a giant toddler or a weird old lady. And those boooooots. They’re honestly fucking hideous and she spent so much on them too! So much for being thrifty. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

I'm beginning to think that her thriftiness is just for show. It's much more economical to use what you have instead of going thrift shopping all the time. I think for her, thrifting is more of a hobby and an activity rather than a necessity. Thrifting can be time consuming, so it gets her out of the house and gives her something to do. 

Sometimes her outfits are nice and classic, like a black turtleneck and jeans. Other times her clothes don't look like they fit her correctly. Some outfits are paired poorly and make me wonder what on earth she was thinking. I actually think that she likes dressing like a "weird old lady." She has a few Instagram story pictures saved to her "outfits" highlight that say "new favorite addition to my granny dress collection" and "feminine grandma vibes today." Regardless, at least she seems to enjoy dressing up in different looks and seems to be confident about her style(s).

2 hours ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

way too close to each other

Just fixing my own grammar mistake, haha

• Upvote 5

She posted her Christmas tree the other day and said she had “thrifted” ornaments. I don’t know about you, but I very seldom see Christmas decorations at thrift shops around the Christmas season. I just don’t. 

In any case, I used to think her fashion sense, or lack thereof, had to do with her struggling to look put together with cheaper finds and thrift shop clothes. Then I watched her “thrift with me” video and the things she said she liked, such as figurines and stuff, are objectively fugly. Her dream is to have a toadstool teapot. I get it; I’m into some whimsical stuff, too, like my Toby mugs. But it’s strange for a 24-year old to have such a weirdly, whimsically focused decorating aesthetic and completely questionable fashion sense. 73ED1B86-E132-4D31-960B-CCDFE622574B.thumb.png.455146d0ff9b40f6d64e0527e8954520.png69B8E2DE-5A2E-4CBD-9A3A-2FC144E0BBC8.thumb.png.9b62696f6398418b34b127fe40c9546f.png

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

She posted her Christmas tree the other day and said she had “thrifted” ornaments. I don’t know about you, but I very seldom see Christmas decorations at thrift shops around the Christmas season. I just don’t. 

In any case, I used to think her fashion sense, or lack thereof, had to do with her struggling to look put together with cheaper finds and thrift shop clothes. Then I watched her “thrift with me” video and the things she said she liked, such as figurines and stuff, are objectively fugly. Her dream is to have a toadstool teapot. I get it; I’m into some whimsical stuff, too, like my Toby mugs. But it’s strange for a 24-year old to have such a weirdly, whimsically focused decorating aesthetic and completely questionable fashion sense. 73ED1B86-E132-4D31-960B-CCDFE622574B.thumb.png.455146d0ff9b40f6d64e0527e8954520.png69B8E2DE-5A2E-4CBD-9A3A-2FC144E0BBC8.thumb.png.9b62696f6398418b34b127fe40c9546f.png

Since she has such a poor relationship with her parents, maybe these weird things remind her of her grandmother. Toadstool stuff was big in the 60s. I wouldn’t be surprised if her grandmother had some of that stuff. 

• Upvote 5

I get the sense of someone with a shopping addiction, limited income, and too much time.

And - bec of all the bec. In that very white photo my eye went right to her chipped nail.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I get the sense of someone with a shopping addiction, limited income, and too much time.

This is the part I don’t understand.  If it’s so important to her/them that she not have a paying job, what’s wrong with volunteering? There are so many opportunities! I know so many women who were stay at home moms when their kids were young who are super busy now that they’re empty-nesters because they’re constantly volunteering for things! She could still do all this other stuff but also do good for others in the process...but that would mean thinking of someone outside herself. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

In the q&a she did when her and husbear (sorry had to) were away in a cabin I think, she said birth control made her emotional which I can understand as the same happened for me, then I changed which pill I used and it's better. Then she said they will start trying for a child at 25 but she's not on birth control now, I am just curious what she thinks of bc. I know a lot of religious people in my family are against bc because God should decide when you have children (which I don't agree with). There were stories from where I am from in India when Christian charities came along and there were women wanting bc but the charities refused and said it's against God. I don't know if it's true but I heard them a lot.

Also I am curious what are her thoughts on abortion rights and women's rights all over the world not just usa (like I just mentioned India and all other countries besides USA and Canada). 

Also @ViolaSebastian She deleted her quora just like she did with reddit, I am sure she is reading here.

p.s Yogioabs irritates me so much and his weird obsession with whiteness, sorry as an indian girl I get disgusted since he is affiliating with what I am considering to be a white supremacist supporter (mrs midwest as she has liked and retweeted white supremacist stefan molyneaux), its fine to date whoever you want but he seems to be more for white christian women and hold them on a godly standard

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

1 minute ago, JMarie said:

He's anti-vax also.  Yay.

it doesn't surprise me since he is now supporting the extreme religious narratives about modern medicine, like those families who let children die because of anti modern medicine beliefs, there is a woman I read about in New Zealand who said she regrets 'playing russian roulette' with her son's health as he almost died when he got measles.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/09/09/anti-vaxxer-regrets-not-vaccinating-child-after-he-nearly-dies-i-played-russian-roulette-with-my-sons-health/23809791/

3 hours ago, JMarie said:

He's anti-vax also.  Yay.

Well colour me totally shocked. OK, not really. Of course he is. Talk about needing to hitch to the entire bandwagon.

On 12/7/2019 at 4:31 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

"During my first shift in the clinic, I got in trouble for asking questions that were too critical of practices in the shift."

OK I've worked out who he reminds me of. It's the "hero" in that godawful Ayn Rand book who was so totally ahead of the curve in architecture that the University couldn't support his enormous ego, sorry, brain, and so he had to leave in order to Forge Ahead And Show Them All. (Side note: how the hell did Ayn Rand get published, let alone popular? Her writing is freaking awful.) 

So yeah, Yogi apparently flunked out because he was so smart. Figures, that's usually why people fail courses. *eyeroll*

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, mymelody said:

Also @ViolaSebastian She deleted her quora just like she did with reddit, I am sure she is reading here

Oh yeah this is the only place I know of that had posted it. She’s def reading. Hey Cait! 

By looking at some of the stuff she retweets, I’d say it’s safe to assume she’s on the far right side of all politics involving women. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Since she has such a poor relationship with her parents, maybe these weird things remind her of her grandmother. Toadstool stuff was big in the 60s. I wouldn’t be surprised if her grandmother had some of that stuff. 

I wonder if she realizes they're phallic symbols. 

11 hours ago, mymelody said:

In the q&a she did when her and husbear (sorry had to) were away in a cabin I think, she said birth control made her emotional which I can understand as the same happened for me, then I changed which pill I used and it's better. Then she said they will start trying for a child at 25 but she's not on birth control now, I am just curious what she thinks of bc. I know a lot of religious people in my family are against bc because God should decide when you have children (which I don't agree with). There were stories from where I am from in India when Christian charities came along and there were women wanting bc but the charities refused and said it's against God. I don't know if it's true but I heard them a lot.

Also I am curious what are her thoughts on abortion rights and women's rights all over the world not just usa (like I just mentioned India and all other countries besides USA and Canada). 

Also @ViolaSebastian She deleted her quora just like she did with reddit, I am sure she is reading here.

p.s Yogioabs irritates me so much and his weird obsession with whiteness, sorry as an indian girl I get disgusted since he is affiliating with what I am considering to be a white supremacist supporter (mrs midwest as she has liked and retweeted white supremacist stefan molyneaux), its fine to date whoever you want but he seems to be more for white christian women and hold them on a godly standard

I'm inclined to believe that her attitude towards birth control is similar to that of other MRAs like Yogi. He did a big long video about why he's against it and why he wouldn't date women on hormonal birth control. It boils down to the fact he believes it fundamentally changes who a woman is and changes who she is attracted to. He also said that women on birth control are more clear headed and make more sense when they speak. He's a right asshat in the video, IIRC, because he said that he wanted a woman who took responsibility for being a mother, but then points out that people have asked him if he wanted to focus on his career before becoming a parent. He said "yeah, but I also didn't put hormones in my body." And my favorite, if you even ask that question and/or find that unfair, that's just your feminism coming through. ? I mean...I guess if I pointed out that there's not currently a hormonal birth control option for men on the market, that's totally my feminism coming through and not, like, an actual fact. I'm sure he's TOTALLY into wearing condoms, though.

Exceeeeeeeept. He got chlamydia. So he wasn't into using a condom. I don't shame him for having chlamydia in and of itself. It's extraordinarily common, and while yes, he should have used a condom when he was hooking up with random women, I'm not here to shame people who've gotten STIs. HOWEVER. What I will shame the shit out of the fact that he KNEW he was exposed via a phone call from a first partner, then went on to have unprotected sex with another woman, who confirmed to him that SHE got chlamydia, which, pardon me here, WAS MOST LIKELY BECAUSE SHE SLEPT WITH HIM. THEN, six to eight months later, he had unprotected sex again. He blames this second woman for ALSO giving him chlamydia, because he developed a discharge after having sex with her. He claims that he "tested himself" for chlamydia after the first partner told her that she had it, but that he tested negative, and that even after partner 2 told her she caught chlamydia from him, he didn't get tested again.

I will ALSO shame the shit out of the fact that he didn't go to the doctor and take the one-dose antibiotic that would have, most probably, taken care of it. Instead, he went the natural medicine route and tried to find a natural cure instead of taking an antibiotic. So he had this stuff for upwards of a year and still wasn't using a condom.

And folks, this idiot was IN MEDICAL SCHOOL. HE WAS GOING TO BE A DOCTOR. I'M SORRY FOR THE ALL CAPS, BUT THIS GUY WAS IN MEDICAL SCHOOL AND THINKS HERBS ARE GOING TO CURE HIS STI, WHILE EXPOSING MULTIPLE PARTNERS.

I cannot. 

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 4
  • Angry 2
  • WTF 8

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I wonder if she realizes they're phallic symbols. 

I'm inclined to believe that her attitude towards birth control is similar to that of other MRAs like Yogi. He did a big long video about why he's against it and why he wouldn't date women on hormonal birth control. It boils down to the fact he believes it fundamentally changes who a woman is and changes who she is attracted to. He also said that women on birth control are more clear headed and make more sense when they speak. He's a right asshat in the video, IIRC, because he said that he wanted a woman who took responsibility for being a mother, but then points out that people have asked him if he wanted to focus on his career before becoming a parent. He said "yeah, but I also didn't put hormones in my body." And my favorite, if you even ask that question and/or find that unfair, that's just your feminism coming through. ? I mean...I guess if I pointed out that there's not currently a hormonal birth control option for men on the market, that's totally my feminism coming through and not, like, an actual fact. I'm sure he's TOTALLY into wearing condoms, though.

Exceeeeeeeept. He got chlamydia. So he wasn't into using a condom. I don't shame him for having chlamydia in and of itself. It's extraordinarily common, and while yes, he should have used a condom when he was hooking up with random women, I'm not here to shame people who've gotten STIs. HOWEVER. What I will shame the shit out of the fact that he KNEW he was exposed via a phone call from a first partner, then went on to have unprotected sex with another woman, who confirmed to him that SHE got chlamydia, which, pardon me here, WAS MOST LIKELY BECAUSE SHE SLEPT WITH HIM. THEN, six to eight months later, he had unprotected sex again. He blames this second woman for ALSO giving him chlamydia, because he developed a discharge after having sex with her. He claims that he "tested himself" for chlamydia after the first partner told her that she had it, but that he tested negative, and that even after partner 2 told her she caught chlamydia from him, he didn't get tested again.

I will ALSO shame the shit out of the fact that he didn't go to the doctor and take the one-dose antibiotic that would have, most probably, taken care of it. Instead, he went the natural medicine route and tried to find a natural cure instead of taking an antibiotic. So he had this stuff for upwards of a year and still wasn't using a condom.

And folks, this idiot was IN MEDICAL SCHOOL. HE WAS GOING TO BE A DOCTOR. I'M SORRY FOR THE ALL CAPS, BUT THIS GUY WAS IN MEDICAL SCHOOL AND THINKS HERBS ARE GOING TO CURE HIS STI, WHILE EXPOSING MULTIPLE PARTNERS.

I cannot. 

Well technically he was going to school to be a naturopath. I can’t put that at the same level as MD.

And I shame the hell out of guys who refuse to wear condoms.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Well technically he was going to school to be a naturopath. I can’t put that at the same level as MD.

And I shame the hell out of guys who refuse to wear condoms.

Completely agree. It seems like "have unprotected sex with untreated chlamydia and you're going to spread it" is pretty basic medical knowledge, though.

On another note, he had his sperm tested to see if the STI made him infertile. It did not; however, his sperm is seriously lacking. He attributes this to plastic,, and not, you know, the STI he left untreated for over a year.

• WTF 6

This was from her blog today. ?

Mary is thought to have been only 14 or 15 years old when she conceived by the Holy Spirit: a young girl, and by modern standards, a teen mom and a child bride!

But despite her age, God chose Mary. He chose a young woman, a girl really, to be the mother of Jesus.

Honestly, God could have found an older woman, unmarried and yet a virgin, perhaps wiser in life experience and much more knowledgeable of the world. But no! He chose a young woman; a girl!

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 2

19 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Completely agree. It seems like "have unprotected sex with untreated chlamydia and you're going to spread it" is pretty basic medical knowledge, though.

On another note, he had his sperm tested to see if the STI made him infertile. It did not; however, his sperm is seriously lacking. He attributes this to plastic,, and not, you know, the STI he left untreated for over a year.

So something good did come from his untreated STI. 

• Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Missindependent said:

This was from her blog today. ?

Mary is thought to have been only 14 or 15 years old when she conceived by the Holy Spirit: a young girl, and by modern standards, a teen mom and a child bride!

But despite her age, God chose Mary. He chose a young woman, a girl really, to be the mother of Jesus.

Honestly, God could have found an older woman, unmarried and yet a virgin, perhaps wiser in life experience and much more knowledgeable of the world. But no! He chose a young woman; a girl!

Are we relying on apocrypha now?  Because there is some fucking weird stuff out there that was "thought" to have been a part of the Bible at one time.  

I wonder if she discusses Christianity with her buddy yogioabs - the guy who thinks King Solomon was actually a Christian god.  

• Upvote 4

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Mary’s story is simple. She was to be given in marriage as a young woman, but not as young as many think. Research does not yield findings that indicate Joseph was an old man who married a twelve-year-old teenager. As a pastor who has worked with survivors of abuse, this myth is extremely disturbing. Many in the Church world have used this belief to justify child marriage. Others have formed cults with this intent.

Mary, the mother of Jesus, would have been around 16 to 18 years old when she received the news from the Archangel Gabriel.

http://www.ashleyeaster.com/blog/yes-mary-knew

• Thank You 2

“ Mary didn't have to advocate for herself or march around screaming her truth. No. She instead lived peacefully and patiently, allowing God to open the doors for her, and allowing His plan to come forward in her life.”

Some subtle shaming of women with agency and opinions, brought to you by Mrs Midwest

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

Here’s the thing: even if all of that is true and Mary truly was a young teenager when all of this took place, IT STILL DOESN’T MAKE IT OK NOW!!! 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

I once read a Catholic publication(it was either Catholic Digest or our diocesan newspaper)in which someone had the audacity to call Mary an unwed teen mother.  Cue indignant cries of “The Bible says she was betrothed, and in those days that was the same thing as MARRIED!!1!1!”

As a pagan, I can’t imagine being given my own free will and then shamed for using it. Christianity is mind boggling to me. 

Edited by kaluce
Words are hard
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic