IGNORED

Mrs. Midwest 2: Full of WTF

nelliebelle1197

On 11/25/2019 at 12:34 PM, kaluce said:

Ugh I just had a conversation with my friend about this IRL. A guy who's been bugging her/generally being a creep to her told her she couldn't be depressed because she's not PHYSICALLY  DISABLED. His reasoning was "Well I work with disabled people" (we have no clue how he got that job 'cause he's an awful person) "and they have to deal with being disabled on top of being depressed. So- you obviously can't be depressed because they have it worse than you". Like, bruh. Of course that sucks- I couldn't imagine what they must be going through, but if you insinuate that we also can't struggle with a MENTAL disorder, you're an idiot. Women can criticism men for awful behavior even if they don't live in a worse part of the world. C'mon. 

Oh sorry that just brought up the anger I felt when she told me he said that to her. 

Yeah, I get that I was lucky that my ex-husband didn't physically abuse me, but he was a lying cheating asshole so I CAN still complain!  Sheesh.

• Upvote 3

Came across this...she sounds delightful.

THE GOD GIRL’S GUIDE TO WAITING ON GOD

To fully illustrate what waiting on God should and should not look like, I thought that I would share with you all a highly humbling and slightly embarrassing story about me, Caitlin A Wikkerink.

Before I jump in and unravel this story, you must know that I’m a HUGE birthday person. I grew up with themed birthday parties, swanky invitations, and birthday favors, all planned months in advance.

This being the context, I decided that this year, for my 20th birthday, I should plan a party for myself! I was all set to go with invites and ideas until I found out that my dear, sweet, boyfriend was already planning a surprise murder mystery party!

A surprise birthday party!? From my boyfriend!? Like okay movie life, I’ll take it! What more could an extroverted girl want?!

Birthday Week rolled around and I was ready to pick out my outfit, practice my accent and eat cake when William let a devastating piece of information drop:

“So Cait, I don’t want you to get upset, but I have bad news. I had a mystery party planned for you, but the plans fell through. I know you were excited about it, and I’m sorry. So to make up for it, I planned something for you and me on Friday instead!”

Something in place of a SURPRISE PARTY!?

What could possibly replace a surprise party? A pile of kittens wearing Michael Kors watches as collars? (That would be pretty awesome)

Of course, my reaction was all like “oh that’s totally fine, I just wanted to hang out with just you anyways!“, which is basically extroverted girlfriend language for “oh my gosh, why do people not want to celebrate the fact that I’ve been alive for 20 years, am I weird!?”

Now I must warn you, Birthday Week may have involved weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I felt hurt, unloved and upset: if only I had just planned my own party! An emotional roller coaster ensued, and I regret to say that William suffered through a lengthly lecture entitled “How To Properly Plan a Surprise Party for Your Extroverted Girlfriend Part 1“.

Somehow the world kept turning and Birthday Week came to a close on Friday. William picked me up, and we went out, and I was ready to hear what was to replace my surprise party.

I barraged him with questions until I realized that he for sure wasn’t going to let me in on where we were going until we got there. The one thing that he told me was that it was downtown, and before it started, we were going to stop at his house so he could change.

While walking towards the house, I began with “How to Properly Plan a Surprise Party for Your Extroverted Girlfriend Part 2″ by saying:

“In a perfect world, this moment would be when you would surprise me with a birthday party!”

Apparently I live in a perfect world.

In the house there were streamers, a happy birthday sign, enough food to feed a small army, and a bunch of our closest friends.

That night instead of eating birthday cake, I had a big slab of humble pie.

Yet again, I realize that William has taught me another CRUCIAL truth about my relationship with God, and this is what I want to share.

Girls:

God always has a plan for you, and it is GOOD!

Just as William had a plan the whole time, even when I didn’t know what it was, I should have trusted that when he said it was good, that it would be good. In this instance, he didn’t leave me short on the desires of my heart, and neither does God!

The Bible promises us some things,

“And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose” (Rom 8:28)

and

“But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”—” (1 Cor 2:9)

Wow. No heart of woman has imagined what God has prepared? Sounds like something that I want to be in the line of fire of!

So God’s got plans for me and he promised that they’re good? Sounds pretty easy to handle.

Not so fast.

The kicker comes when we realize that God’s preparations happen in God’s timing, which, news flash, is not our timing.

This is when waiting periods happen.

The Bible urges us: “Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!” (Psalm 27:14)

The Bible is pretty straight forward that trusting God often involves waiting! This shouldn’t be a surprise to us! If we never had to wait for his plans, we would never learn to trust.

Looking back, I wish that I had just waited for the Friday Plans in absolute trust instead of fear; it would have saved me so much stress!

This is so much like my walk with God. Too often I get upset at God when I am waiting, and I respond to Him with anxiety and anger, instead of anticipation.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” (Prov 3:5-6)

Leaning not on our own understanding means leaning into God.

So my question is now: what would happen if instead of getting upset in our waiting periods (flashback to birthday week), we just waited patiently and faithfully? What if we trusted that God’s plans were indeed good? What if we waited with anticipation instead of anxiety and anger?

Let me tell you this chicas:

If my earthly boyfriend could pull off amazing plans behind my back while I sobbed about my miserable existence, how much more can our Heavenly Father pull off extraordinary plans while we are shaking our fists to the heavens?

Instead of sitting indignantly in our waiting periods, remember the classic graduation verse:

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jer 29:11

So often I ask God for the right plans for my life, and until I feel that happens, I sit there feeling sad, confused, or even angry at God! This is tragic because when I’m busy being upset, he is working behind the scenes to set something amazing up for me!

When things don’t go your way, remember that the Bible CLEARLY says,

“Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand” (Prov) 19:21

What if instead of waiting for God’s plans with hurt hearts and angry spirits, we waited with patience, peace, gentleness and love?

What if we waited in bliss, knowing that the plans would indeed happen, and that they would indeed be GOOD?

This is all true, and I promise you that they will be better than anything you could ever concoct.

So let’s say yes to blissful waiting.

Let’s say yes to trusting.

Let’s say yes to God’s good plans,

And let’s focus on enjoying God in our waiting periods, growing closer to him and trusting that he has a good plan.

• WTF 6

@ViolaSebastian that isn't santire? Cait actually wrote that? 

37 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Birthday Week rolled around and I was ready to pick out my outfit, practice my accent and eat cake when William let a devastating piece of information drop:

To my bolding - what? practice my accent? What? I am so perplexed by this statement. 

37 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

What could possibly replace a surprise party? A pile of kittens wearing Michael Kors watches as collars?

What the actual spoiled brat is this? I had to look it up but on Michael Kors' webstie watches not on sale are over $200 (it's close to thanksgiving so everything is on sale around 40% on his website) The least expensive MK watch at regular price is $195 (On sale today for $117). Wow. I have no words but Wow (accompanied with a look of shock/horror on my face)

58 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

A pile of kittens wearing Michael Kors watches as collars?

How THRIFTY

Of course, my reaction was all like “oh that’s totally fine, I just wanted to hang out with just you anyways!“, which is basically extroverted girlfriend language for “oh my gosh, why do people not want to celebrate the fact that I’ve been alive for 20 years, am I weird!?”

A fine example of how self-centered she is! holy moly. 

If my earthly boyfriend could pull off amazing plans behind my back while I sobbed about my miserable existence,

"Miserable existence".. because you didn't get a surprise party.....???

Also- this post is particularly funny when you realize she recently wrote this on her new blog about why frivolous and big celebrations miss the point: https://www.mrsmidwest.com/post/celebration-for-traditional-women

It's almost like she adopts new personalities when she thinks it'll get her more praise and attention. 

• Upvote 3

I know, I’m an introvert and so not like Caitlin at all, but a surprise party for me would be awful. I hate being the centre of attention. 
Caitlin sounds awful. I’m surprised she’s got a boyfriend at all. If someone lectured me about how to properly throw a surprise party then I would dump their ass. ESPECIALLY since there was more than one part. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Maybe it’s because I didn’t grow up super privileged but I just can’t stand overly privileged girls like Caitlin. Imagine her dealing with a shitty job where customers are rude and short with her all day. Imagine if she had to live just one day looking like me. Imagine if she had to live paycheck to paycheck and couldn’t afford expensive makeup. Imagine if her perfect husbear cheated on her and left her for another woman. Imagine if she had a child with health issues. She couldn’t handle any of it. And she has no clue how incredibly privileged she is. That’s the worst part. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

6 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I know, I’m an introvert and so not like Caitlin at all, but a surprise party for me would be awful. I hate being the centre of attention. 
Caitlin sounds awful. I’m surprised she’s got a boyfriend at all. If someone lectured me about how to properly throw a surprise party then I would dump their ass. ESPECIALLY since there was more than one part. 

I'm opposite, I have always wanted a surprise party. I am a twin and one of our daughter's was born the day after my birthday, so I have always shared my birthday. So I told my husband that was all I wanted for my 40th b-day a few years ago was a surprise party, it didn't have to be big, just gather friends and meet at a bar or a restaurant or someone's house but I wanted a party for my 40th (no gifts). He didn't pull it off, as in he didn't do anything at all for my 40th. My sister told me he started to plan it and then didn't follow through even after she offered to help (my sister is type A and master at organizing events). A year after that, he didn't come out for my birthday dinner with our friends that we (together) had planned for a month. For my 40th, I didn't pout, I was very disappointed but life goes on. The following year when he didn't even come, agan I didn't pout but I did tell him that it sucked to not have him there because after dinner all of us went dancing (part of the original plan) and he likes to dance too. I didn't lecture him either time, I was just disappointed but life goes on. 

Caitlin is a spoiled, privileged brat. She actually has a husband. Her husband must be attractive to high maintenance women. 

• Sad 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

@ViolaSebastian that isn't santire? Cait actually wrote that? 

Oh yes, she wrote it: https://classyhealthyconfident.wordpress.com/2015/04/15/the-god-girls-guide-to-waiting-on-god/

She also tweeted this in 2014:

Untitled9.thumb.png.76e0fe51600149f749a98bd9e851b331.png

And it looks like they have a vacation home they rent out, which supplements their income:

https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p835843vb

• Thank You 3

46 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

And it looks like they have a vacation home they rent out, which supplements their income:

https://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p835843vb

So that posting was weird because it says a it is a 3 bedroom but it only shows the loft bedroom about 5 times in the pictures. Also the kitchen is updated. In the article by enoch times, they picture her in an old kitchen homemaking, I wonder where they took the pictures in the enoch times piece. As we all have said, it is all appearance. To me nothing is real with these youtubers, it is all smoke and mirrors. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

The heck of it is, there’s a certain subset of men who are *all about* high-maintenance women, as long as they fit a certain defined profile of conventional beauty. I overhear these young guys going on and on about all the things they want to shower these gals with.

And then there are poor naive guys like my 30-ish nephew, who fell hook, line, and sinker for a lying, conniving byatch who gave him a tale of woe and brought out his inner white knight. We all thank God he opened his eyes and got out.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

So that posting was weird because it says a it is a 3 bedroom but it only shows the loft bedroom about 5 times in the pictures. Also the kitchen is updated. In the article by enoch times, they picture her in an old kitchen homemaking, I wonder where they took the pictures in the enoch times piece. As we all have said, it is all appearance. To me nothing is real with these youtubers, it is all smoke and mirrors. 

I think there may be a third property, because I don't think the place shown in this video where Nikki Phillipi is vacationing with them is the same house pictured in the listing above. It's weird.

I also couldn't find any indication that her mother is speech language pathologist. Usually there's some sort of mention on a professional website, but I found nothing. That doesn't indicate that it's not true, just that I couldn't find any evidence. Also, her parents are living in the US again.

• Thank You 1

I'm sure this is going to be a well-reasoned and accurate. I'll see how much of it I can take.

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

I'm sure this is going to be a well-reasoned and accurate. I'll see how much of it I can take.

Hide contents

Save yourself!!! I recapped it earlier.

• Thank You 1
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

Hide contents

I'm confused by the title. Who is saying that men are trash?

This is what I find so insidious about right-wing crap. They weave lies about liberalism, feminism, etc.  People steeped in this stuff aren't just inundated with pro-hyperconservatism. They're inundated with lies about liberalism. If they're taught that feminism means hating men, then it becomes more understandable that they tolerate hyperconservative bullshit.

No sensible person is saying that men are trash! ARGH!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

Interesting article in the Times about how liberals aren’t trying to destroy the family. Seemed pertinent to what we’re discussing:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/27/opinion/barr-liberals-family.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage&fbclid=IwAR1YhOOQIdv-gGMkiLRlhRODRa9sd0xE8T1Pb8Cr5wowYb1daczMN6as_R0

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

11 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Interesting article in the Times about how liberals aren’t trying to destroy the family. Seemed pertinent to what we’re discussing:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/27/opinion/barr-liberals-family.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage&fbclid=IwAR1YhOOQIdv-gGMkiLRlhRODRa9sd0xE8T1Pb8Cr5wowYb1daczMN6as_R0

We're not??? *gasp*

Edited by Petronella
  • Haha 9

18 minutes ago, Petronella said:

We're not??? *gasp*

Wait, were you not invited to the planning meeting??? Oh, what an embarrassing oversight. ?

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 10

Okay, update: apparently “Men are Trash” is a hashtag on Twitter and some kind of movement. 

• Sad 1
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 2

8 hours ago, Petronella said:

We're not??? *gasp*

I would expect that we're out to destroy what's been called " family cults "   https://blogs.psychcentral.com/narcissism/2016/03/when-family-is-a-cult-pt-1/  ,  https://blogs.psychcentral.com/narcissism/2016/06/when-family-is-a-cult-pt-2/  , but not the nuclear family itself  . 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Okay, update: apparently “Men are Trash” is a hashtag on Twitter and some kind of movement. 

Men Are Trash is a reactionary thing -- it's usually hyperbole, because toxic masculinity is the problem rather than men as a gender. Yogi and the Pissing Preacher and Gothard and such are trash, but usually not men we actually know. 

Anyone who doesn't use the phrase as hyperbole has their own assortment of issues. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

BB21508B-621E-493E-9AA8-A67CCC3A8F90.thumb.png.7dd5fe2006e3373e18ccf48ee4cf594d.png

Anytime a man says, likes, or shares this type of sentiment, I immediately think he has sexually assaulted a woman at some point in his life. Sorry not sorry.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic