IGNORED

Mrs. Midwest 2: Full of WTF

nelliebelle1197

Wait--in the post that Yogi went after, she signs off "blessed be the fruit, under His eye". That's Margaret Atwood, not the Bible. Satire? Stupidity? Help!

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Petronella said:

Wait--in the post that Yogi went after, she signs off "blessed be the fruit, under His eye". That's Margaret Atwood, not the Bible. Satire? Stupidity? Help!

It’s a joke, I think based on the fact she’s wearing a pilgrim bonnet for her child’s Thanksgiving celebration at school. 

She is Christian, though. She has references and links to Christian worship music. Also, we have a friend in common, which is interesting. 

Oh, no. Not only is she Christian and married, her husband is in a worship band. Oh man, this is getting worse and worse  

48E1C13F-E7AC-4BD1-A7D5-51E22135C288.jpeg

He is such a tool. 

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

This guy talking about accountability when he won't even own up to the fact that he DID say she was divorced is pretty rich. There's also all kinds of reasons a woman could not have a wedding ring on. Maybe she was married and her husband left her. Maybe she's a widow. Maybe she's left-handed and doesn't like to wear a ring on her left hand. Maybe she's from another country or culture where people wear them on their right hand. Maybe her ring is at the shop. Maybe she has skin allergies to metals. Maybe she just doesn't like to wear rings when she has lots of diapers to change and has to wash her hands a lot--because it only took me two seconds of scrolling to realize she's a mother of four, including a baby. She's also a model, so it's possible that she doesn't wear it in her professional photo shoots because the artistic director said not to. 

I have a friend who was widowed really, really young with two very young children. Her husband was injured doing a traditionally masculine, blue-collar job and passed away. I only bring up his job because Yogi likes to emphasize that men are at greater risk of dying young due to their professional choices, as well as dying by suicide. Yogi knows, understands, and capitalizes on this, and yet he insists on going after women who are single mothers. Most single mothers, Yogi, didn't start out planning to be single mothers. There's a lot that can happen in life. Maybe he'll understand that when he's older, but probably not. 

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 7

I very rarely wear my wedding/engagement rings. I just don’t feel like it since I’m constantly washing my hands all day long. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I very rarely wear my wedding/engagement rings. I just don’t feel like it since I’m constantly washing my hands all day long. 

Back when I was married (because I actually AM one of those awful, terrible, no-good divorced women™), I didn't wear my ring when I was at home, mostly because I didn't want it to get damaged by the chemicals I used when I was cleaning. 

Her husband admittedly isn't a lot of her photos, but it's because he travels. Are we going to make assumptions that service member's wives are single mothers now, too? Or wives of men who asked not to be put on social media for whatever reason? I just...damn, this is a dumb, dumb scandal for many reasons, not the least of which is that single mothers can do a GREAT job raising their kids. I've met amazing women who are doing amazing jobs raising their children by themselves--and they're by themselves for any number of reasons that doesn't just come down what Yogi's thinking. 

ETA: Dude. NO. This is NOT how it went down. You got reported because you encouraged people to go over there and HARASS this poor woman based on how you interpreted her as being. You didn't just "call her out" or "highlight[ed] her" you encouraged people to go over and ask where the kids' father was. Which...he's out providing for his family, my dude. Then he's trying to deflect attention by posting his baby-making factory post, because he knows that it'll move attention away from his monumental fuck up.   

Untitled.thumb.png.0682b900f548ca3bc28e714f38b16be9.png

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 5

Anyone want to take one for the team, lose a few braincells , and see what Cait has to say in "Men are NOT Trash | In Defense of Masculinity". I bet Yogi is tight in the pants over it. 

3 minutes ago, kaluce said:

Anyone want to take one for the team, lose a few braincells , and see what Cait has to say in "Men are NOT Trash | In Defense of Masculinity". I bet Yogi is tight in the pants over it. 

part of me wants to wait for Mr. Atheist to do it for us. I will listen. I have to laugh, first commercial is Bernie :D I must really not want to review a draft policy! ha!  

Edited by quiversR4hunting
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, kaluce said:

Well, I watched it. I won't go into too many details because it's unnecessary, really. She's saying masculinity is great, etc. and that we should support men in being masculine, as you might imagine. The two big points I came away with were that:

1. Western women shouldn't complain because there are other women in the world who have it much worse than we do. There are even some people in her comments pointing out that this point isn't a good one.

2. That women shouldn't say "all men are trash," even if there are men out there who do terrible things. I agree with her on that, to an extent. I know many wonderful men who are positively contributing to society. I don't, in any way, think that all men are trash. I think we can encourage men to do better without suggesting that they're all just irredeemable awful people who do awful things. I also don't think it's helpful for kiddos of any demographic make up to hear "X characteristic about yourself that you didn't choose is awful and makes you trash," whether that's race, gender, ethnicity, religion, etc. There's room to say "men, as a whole, could behave in better ways" without denigrating them just because they're men. (Please understand I don't mean this point to take away from the very real issues caused by masculinity in our society...it's out there and it's obvious...it just makes me recoil a little bit and imagine putting any other characteristic in the slot where the word "men" is would be deeply frowned upon. E.g. "Women are trash," etc.) 

3. There's some Bible stuff about men and women being of the same body, and when one part of a body hurts, the whole body suffers as a metaphor for society. 

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

57 minutes ago, kaluce said:

Holy shit. I really hope Mr. Atheist covers this one. Wow. 

Here goes -

Side note: I think she is wearing a robe. I find it an odd choice for a youtube video. 

Pro-feminity (is that even a word?) and pro masculinity are said over and over. Paraphrased: “many people want to pin all problems on men but we need to realize that all society problems come from one group of people”

We have to pinpoint what is masculinity - …she doesn’t define it, even though she said she was going to.

Men are trying to find their place in the world and find their masculinity we shouldn’t bash them for this by saying men are trash. We should encourage them in their self-actualization, just like we (I assume she means women) would want encouragement for our self-actualization. Don’t put people down when you now have higher ground. Don’t put someone down to elevate yourself. Feminists want superiority over equality.

Western women are the most equal people in the world, don’t you know there are other countries that have it way worse? She is saying we can’t complain about our lot in life because some women don’t have access to education, feminine products and are forced into marriage.

Equality or superiority? Division of sexes is not good for society. All should not be put down as evil for the sins of a few because some men are evil and some have been to prison. It is prejudice and wrong to categorize all men in one group. Make all men and women equal by holding them both up to the same standards of civil conduct. She keeps saying that women shouldn’t be looked at always being the innocent angels (at about this time 5:28, it is her 3rd or 4th time saying a phrase like this). If you think women are the only one with hard lot in life, you have a “narrow world view”. Men have highest work mortality, suicide rates and incarcerations. We could throw statistics at each other until we are blue in the face. Don’t negate other opinions because you haven’t lived in their world.

"I find it very frustrating that the only women that are elevated in society are those that are performing masculinity." (I have that sentence almost word for word; how does one “perform masculinity”?) She thinks men performing masculinity are ignored in society. Women are ignoring traditional feminity and traditional motherhood. Don’t march around like the queen of Sheba. Kids need a stable upbringing. She says this scripture sums this up “perfectly” 1 Corinthians 12:18-17

She says “1 Corinthians 12:18-17” I listened to it several times, she says 18 to 17, so she is reading the scripture backwards? Here is 1 Corinthians 12:12-18 for context.

12 Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. 13 For we were all baptized by[a] one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. 14 Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.

15 Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18 But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be.

She rambles on about perform masculinity and feminity. I still don't know what the hell "perform masculinity" and "perform feminity" is all about?

At the end she says there a lot of masculine groups on-line for men to join and pod casts to listen to, forums and groups that meet in person. Show them the respect they deserve. Videos like this often have some dislikes and she has other videos that “modern progressives” might not like.

Summary – she thinks little boys and men are being treated unfairly and they are being persecuted and more so than women. And women need to support and respect our men in real life and on-line.

Edited by quiversR4hunting
clarified why I mentioned the robe or robe-like top she is wearing
  • Thank You 6

2 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

1. Western women shouldn't complain because there are other women in the world who have it much worse than we do. There are even some people in her comments pointing out that this point isn't a good one.

Ugh I just had a conversation with my friend about this IRL. A guy who's been bugging her/generally being a creep to her told her she couldn't be depressed because she's not PHYSICALLY  DISABLED. His reasoning was "Well I work with disabled people" (we have no clue how he got that job 'cause he's an awful person) "and they have to deal with being disabled on top of being depressed. So- you obviously can't be depressed because they have it worse than you". Like, bruh. Of course that sucks- I couldn't imagine what they must be going through, but if you insinuate that we also can't struggle with a MENTAL disorder, you're an idiot. Women can criticism men for awful behavior even if they don't live in a worse part of the world. C'mon. 

Oh sorry that just brought up the anger I felt when she told me he said that to her. 

• Sad 2
  • WTF 7

1 minute ago, kaluce said:

Ugh I just had a conversation with my friend about this IRL. A guy who's been bugging her/generally being a creep to her told her she couldn't be depressed because she's not PHYSICALLY  DISABLED. His reasoning was "Well I work with disabled people" (we have no clue how he got that job 'cause he's an awful person) "and they have to deal with being disabled on top of being depressed. So- you obviously can't be depressed because they have it worse than you". Like, bruh. Of course that sucks- I couldn't imagine what they must be going through, but if you insinuate that we also can't struggle with a MENTAL disorder, you're an idiot. Women can criticism men for awful behavior even if they don't live in a worse part of the world. C'mon. 

Oh sorry that just brought up the anger I felt when she told me he said that to her. 

Wow...that's a pretty terrible misunderstanding that depression can be biological and/or situational in nature. Geez em Pete.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

She thinks men performing masculinity are ignored in society.

Say that to all the male CEOs, politicians, and scientists. Women who even attempt these roles are way more harshly criticized. 

• I Agree 5

Yogi says that he's going to do a response to Mr. Atheist tonight, but I can't find where Mr. Atheist discusses him. 

• Haha 1
  • Thank You 2

8 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Yogi says that he's going to do a response to Mr. Atheist tonight, but I can't find where Mr. Atheist discusses him. 

He only mentioned one tweet of his that Mrs Midwest liked. He didn’t even spend that much time on his crappy tweet.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

He only mentioned one tweet of his that Mrs Midwest liked. He didn’t even spend that much time on his crappy tweet.

Uggggh. He's going to insert himself in the middle of this Mr. Atheist/Mrs. Midwest/God is Grey stuff, isn't he?

• WTF 1

7 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Mr. Atheist mentioned him , by his given real life name , as someone Mrs. Midwest follows , and likes .  So Yogioabs might be feeling put off , given that he might fear getting doxxed .  

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

1 minute ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Uggggh. He's going to insert himself in the middle of this Mr. Atheist/Mrs. Midwest/God is Grey stuff, isn't he?

Definitely. And he will likely get his ass handed to him.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

Just now, Marmion said:

Mr. Atheist mentioned him , by his given real life name , as someone Mrs. Midwest follows , and likes .  So Yogioabs might be feeling put off , given that he might fear getting doxxed .  

Yogi is very open about his real name on his Instagram. I see this more as an attempt to get viewers by commented on something that really only involves his stupid butt on a very, very peripheral basis.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Who wants to tell her that her 'friend' Yogi would assume she was a single mother if she was out with a kid and no man in sight, and would happily encourage others to shame her for it?

• I Agree 3

13 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Don’t march around like the queen of Sheba.

Is this...is this something she thinks is common? Is this a problem she encounters on the regular, people marching around?? Whut?

Okay, maybe she's being all fancy and metaphorical and saying we shouldn't brag about possessions and status, but, well, the Queen of Sheba seems like a weird choice for this. While the Bible does caution against bragging/showing off, the story of the Queen of Sheba specifically is about how she and Solomon had mutual admiration for each other's wealth and achievements. It's not a cautionary tale, as I understand it (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Also, it's a strange thing to say for someone who vlogs about how everyone should change themselves to be more like her. Maybe SHE should stop marching around like the Queen of Sheba, claiming to have more wealth of wisdom, beauty, and understanding than everyone else?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

Yeah bruh, THATS THE POINT. You're awful and people who agree with you are then therefore awful. 

(Also I find it hilarious that Mr Atheist mentioned ONE Yogi tweet.  And Yogi is over here thinking he's finally made it.)

bruh.png

• Haha 6

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic