IGNORED

Mrs. Midwest 2: Full of WTF

nelliebelle1197

13 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I’ve done a lot of bra and panty shopping since separating from my husband. I threw out everything cute he saw me in and purchased new functional and sexier items. 

First, IMO, Mrs Midwest isn’t big enough have to wear 2 bras. From her blog. I am a small C, I would guess her to be a B, hard to tell with this top but since she doesn’t have cleavage, she isn’t very big.

E7F2EB5E-EF91-41C3-AEA3-255113AE93B7.jpeg.c08ef9338e9ff38edf2b3ca92aca79ae.jpeg

She does it because she is an idiot. Adore me and fredrick’s has cute and functional undergarments. This example is from adore me it comes in 5 colors and it’s a t-shirt bra so it is meant to wear under knit tops. You can get the underwear in a thong also.

Hide contents

11F5F375-4E9C-49E5-8E4D-56B8FE0B2FD5.thumb.png.eeb5011fa5c26f0e43413c9ae87ddc49.png

I think that’s a picture of freddymylove, not MMidwest

• Thank You 2

21 minutes ago, kaluce said:

I think that’s a picture of freddymylove, not MMidwest

I had to look up who that was, they look a lot alike. This is the page I got it from. 4297ED86-D989-4E62-A4EC-C28FB2EADD6D.thumb.png.1b22796bb665f81e85ab902452e4ea69.png

anyway, I just spent (too much) time looking through her IG and blog, depending on pose, clothes and stances, depends on how endowed she looks but in my opinion it looks like she shop in a regular store for bras. (I had sorority sisters that were bra size e/f range, speciality bra shops/catalogs and often a sports bra over a bra :( ) she was a model, so she would know how to use pushups and poses to make yourself look bigger or smaller. I did notice she has done the sideways “damsel in distress” look since 2018. The sideways look also consists of her arching her back. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I had to look up who that was, they look a lot alike. This is the page I got it from. 4297ED86-D989-4E62-A4EC-C28FB2EADD6D.thumb.png.1b22796bb665f81e85ab902452e4ea69.png

anyway, I just spent (too much) time looking through her IG and blog, depending on pose, clothes and stances, depends on how endowed she looks but in my opinion it looks like she shop in a regular store for bras. (I had sorority sisters that were bra size e/f range, speciality bra shops/catalogs and often a sports bra over a bra :( ) she was a model, so she would know how to use pushups and poses to make yourself look bigger or smaller. I did notice she has done the sideways “damsel in distress” look since 2018. The sideways look also consists of her arching her back. 

Yeah she’s probably a d at most, or a small band dd. Stores are starting to sell more and more of those sizes. 

my thoughts are- how comfortable can a lacy bra be if it’s squished under a smoothing bra? If you have a larger chest, like she claims, you’d want something that’s function is comfort for every day wear. It was such a weird item for her to talk about I have no clue how it’s modest AT ALL to discuss your lacy bras. 

• I Agree 5

11 minutes ago, kaluce said:

Yeah she’s probably a d at most, or a small band dd. Stores are starting to sell more and more of those sizes. 
my thoughts are- how comfortable can a lacy bra be if it’s squished under a smoothing bra? If you have a larger chest, like she claims, you’d want something that’s function is comfort for every day wear. It was such a weird item for her to talk about I have no clue how it’s modest AT ALL to discuss your lacy bras. 

And the site adore me goes up DDD. I think she wears a padded push-up in some of the pics, which is pretty normal for a lot of women.

I agree showing your bras and talking about what you wear is not modest and it becomes a big deal if you are teaching “femininity modest”. Also agree a lace bra then a smoothing type bra over top,  no thanks.either change the shirt or the bra if you don’t like the look. I have a lacy bralette that I don’t wear under certain shirts because I don’t like the look.  If I am going for complete comfort I change my shirt to be able to wear that bra! 

Edited by quiversR4hunting

So Mrs posted not one, but two blog posts in the past couple days! ?

First Up: 10 Ways I Elevated My Home Decor

Spoiler

1. Flowers & Plants
I have recently taken to putting real flowers in my house for a little bit of luxury during these quaran-times, and I believe that I will be sticking with this newfound habit far beyond the days of the pandemic! Fresh flowers bring some unexpected added color to a space, and make your home look much more pleasing in the traditional sense.

And as far as house plants, I have been dismissed for my fake-plant obsession by many, but I will forever defend the lovely treasure that is a thrifted-fake plant. They fill up a room, and while they could never hold a candle to a real plants, they are less expensive, lower maintenance, and get the job done.

My mom (also a housewife!) loves her real plants, but I prefer fake. For one I have cats, and for two I hate cutting flowers to bring them into my home. It makes me feel guilty.

2. Mixing textures
Pay close attention to the textures and fabrics in your space. Avoid faux suedes, microfibers, and excessive amounts of polyester. Go for natural and durable fabrics and materials, combining them to provide different layers to your room. I enjoy employing the use of clay pottery, brass, natural woods, glass, and supple velvets and linens to give a heavier, more expensive feeling to my home. However, artificial textiles do not need to be completely avoided and can be in fact, quite useful: I would refuse to exchange our fake wood floor for all the money in the world due to the joyous fact that my dog's toenails have yet failed in their attempt to scratch our synthetic floors.

So instead of having a couch full of pillows of the same material, try to combine different textures to provide a varied sensory experience. Fringe, brocade, shiny metals, and soft cottons can all add depth to an otherwise drab room. Try to apply this practice to area rugs, throw pillows, and especially CURTAINS. Layered white curtains in different textures and fabrics can be SUCH a visual treat!

Alright, I'll bite: what's wrong with faux suedes, microfibers, and polyester? Or... what constitutes excessive amounts of polyester? I have to admit I pay more attention to what an item looks like than what fabric it's made of (though as I wait for stores to open again, I've been researching what fabric catches the least cat fur).

3. Height
Make sure your space makes proper use of the LANDSCAPE. Not to be mistaken with outdoor landscaping, I am referring to the general volume and height of the objects and artwork within your rooms. When painting a visually pleasing landscape, it's often encouraged to utilize a variety of heights to aid the eye in traveling across the artwork towards the most pleasing center of focus. Likewise, in our rooms, we can use height to stimulate visual pleasantries, and to enhance the features of the space. This is why it is essential to hang artwork at a pleasing height, so as to not ruin the visual balance of the space.

Try to not have every item too close to the ground or too high up. Use balance, and see how the lines of the furniture and pieces causes your eye to travel across the room. You can even create little resting places for your eye, by arranging pieces in visual clusters on side tables, the mantle, or on the ground by using pictures, candles, or baskets. Create visual height to make a room feel larger by not cluttering up the walls or floors with too many items, and always use tall slender lamps or plants to add height! Set curtain rods above the actual window, and allow them to cascade wider than the window frame to make them look taller and larger than reality.

Not bad advice. I'm waiting for the day I have furniture again before putting things on the walls (I moved a week before the shit hit the fan with COVID-19, and since my new place is much smaller, I got rid of my furniture).

4. Cleanliness & Tidyness
It is a good general rule of thumb that a tidy house will look nicer than a dirty house, no matter the cost of the furnishings in the respective abode. Truthfully, improperly placed eye-sore items, such as laptop chords, stray toys, dirty dishes, or old magazines, can hinder the beauty of almost any space. Remember to create a home for EVERYTHING in your home.

Tuck things away by making use of fashionable baskets, and try to instill systems of order for each item, no matter how infrequently used. Once something has a home, it is easier to keep your home generally tidier due to the organized nature of your surroundings. Many of us are not naturally messy, but when we find ourselves holding a container of toothpicks without having a place to put it, we can often resort to habits such as creating a mystery drawer or a mystery corner of our kitchen counter to host such misfit pieces. Create a home for everything, and this problem will be solved.

Hmm. Shouldn't it be 'tidiness'...? I feel this advice is repeated often on Apartment Therapy.

5. Fuse practicality with aesthetics
This is similar to the above point, but it is essential to avoid sacrificing aesthetics for practicality. That is to say, we should, to the best of our ability, attempt to organize our homes in such a way that one cannot distinguish between the design of the home and the use of the items in that home.

For example, instead of piling toilet paper beside one's toilet, we could consider making use of a pleasing basket, or a holder to host such items. Likewise, laptop chords can be coiled into wicker baskets, and even our seldom-used appliances can be hidden away save for when they find themselves being used in an urgent midnight baking routine. The more you can tuck away, or transfer into something beautiful, the better your home will look. Make the utmost use of baskets, cupboards, or the strategic method of purchasing practical items that double as aesthetically pleasing design elements, such as an elegant straw kitchen broom to hang on display in place of a bright red Swiffer-brand utility broom (I speak from experience, as I am the unfortunate owner of one such broom.)

This reminds me of how back in the day, they used to transfer food from its container to a dish. It always seemed like so much more work to me... why not just pour milk from its carton? Though I don't think anyone piles toilet paper beside a toilet.

6. Flow
Have your rooms flow together through similar tones, shades, and design elements. It is sometimes jarring to exit a room with a certain design aesthetic to be greeted by decor out of a seemingly separate universe from everything your eyes had previously settled on only a few moments before. This is not to say that we cannot have different designs in different rooms, but we should be mindful of the general "tone" of our homes.

Furthermore, with the rise of open-concept homes, it is even more essential that flow be present, lest we find ourselves looking at a cabin themed living room blended into a design neighborhood beside an ultra-modern white kitchen. Horrific! Homes with closed-concept designs can get away with choppy design much better than modern homes, but it does not give us license to forget flow altogether!

Lol, this list is clearly written for home-owners. Has she ever lived on her own? I dunno; I've seen some pretty cool-looking apartments on AT that don't seem to 'flow'.

7. Don't fight your home's design
I believe this advice to be applicable and valuable, whether we are discussing home design or personal style, but it is essential to acknowledge, honor, and embrace the natural shapes and bones of your home (or body, if we're talking fashion.) There is nothing stranger than walking into a house that is externally designed and laid out in one style, only to be greeted with something completely different inside, such as a 1980's split level home decorated to look like Italian Tuscany inside. Such design incongruences can unfortunately lead homes to appear unaware and even gaudy or cheap.

Now, I am not suggesting that we must fully embrace the era that our homes were built, forgoing all senses of modernity or personal taste, oh no. But I do think that if we want elevated style, it is important to not ignore what we are working with, and to instead, work within our home's parameters, enhancing the natural flow and function of the house while infusing our own personal taste. Making a nod to Italian Tuscany in a 1980's split level will feel much more pleasant than attempting to transport the inhabitants to an entirely different country via entirely themed and stuccoed rooms. Remember that home design isn't just what is inside your house; it is the outside too! Try to reflect the same designs inside and outside, or at the very least, avoid transporting visitors to another dimension upon entering your home.

I don't know... I feel your home should be for you, and since renovating can be expensive, you should do what you can to reflect the aesthetic you want, not what other people expect.

8. Make lists
Write down each room in your home, and underneath those headers, write each piece of design that needs to be attended to. I did this when we first moved, and I am happy to say that the list grows smaller every year. This is a good way to keep track of all your projects, as well as to weigh the priority of the various elements of design or home improvement. This way, you will not lose track of your projects!

Also not bad advice, though I'm pretty sure this is also from Apartment Therapy.

9. Lighting
I don't think there is anything more horrific to me than the modern use of lighting in homes. To see people sitting in a brightly pot-lit room at 10pm, playing board games around a table with blue-toned LED light blaring from overhead... cue my internal anguish! Are we TRYING to create the atmosphere of a Dentist office in our homes??? LOL!

But in all seriousness, I feel as if 90% of modern home decor crimes can be labelled as "crimes against lighting." Lighting is a way to enhance mood, aura, and to bring atmosphere and warmth to an otherwise sterile or cold environment. For thousands of years we had to depend on fires or candlelight in the evenings, allowing our nights to be washed in the warmth of golden hues, shadowy dark corners, and glowy embers. That warmth need not be sacrificed! Make use of warm toned lightbulbs, warm lampshades, and avoid overhead lighting at all costs. Use light fixtures and dimmers when possible, and go for a less-is-more approach. Bright lighting in the day is fine, as long as you are mostly depending on windows and natural light. Save the fluorescent, LED, or bright white light for the gym or cubicle farm: keep it out of your house!

I confess to using LED bulbs. I heard they last longer and are better for the environment. I think the overhead lighting in my apartment also uses LED, though I'm not 100% on that.

10. Have fun with it
Even after giving all these opinions and rules, I need to end with the final proclamation that having fun is a much higher priority than merely decorating according to some random blogger lady's rules. Seriously. I like to break my own design rules sometimes, or to just do something outside the box because I want to, or because I find myself carving out a personal style and taste.

It is always the intention of home design, that we might enjoy the space in which we inhabit! We should feel that personal design is an utmost expression of ourselves, and a place to enjoy creativity. So, in the end, whatever you do with your personal style at home should be meant to enhance your own personal happiness, not to fit random rules. Remember that trying new things is always the best way to learn, and that if all else fails, we all have that one friend dying to help us rearrange our living room.

I agree! This is my life motto in general: so long as it doesn't hurt anyone, have fun with it.

NEVER MIND THE SECOND BLOG POST. Caitlin cheated and just posted a link to an 'incredible' devotion she read, courtesy of John MacArthur.

I checked out his Wikipedia page, and he's "very open about opposing same-sex marriage, against female pastors, and the social justice movement.[63]"

How can a 'Christian' be against social justice???

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

Someone also just posted some... um, very white stuff Mrs. Midwest is liking on Instagram. At first I thought it was "just" white supremacy crap, but it also seems to have some has redpill / incel stuff in it as well!

Mrs is full of WTF, indeed. I wonder how those women would feel knowing their images are being used in this manner.

Edited by AmericanRose
Did some more exploring.

I don’t think she’s taking this pandemic well- which in normal circumstances- fine. But her blog has been very hellfire Christian and her panic is showing through in her posts. 

I wonder if the mental health issues she had at the end of college were never addressed and now that a major event is happening her foray into redpill, white supremacy, etc isn’t distracting her like it used to. 

this isn’t to rag on those with mental health problems (lets just say there was a 10~ year period where I had some fun high functioning depression, and still have anxiety) but I am legit concerned that she’s not ok in the least rn 

i wonder if she thinks that this pandemic means the world is ending, rapture, whatever they call it ?

Edited by kaluce
Rapture goodness
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, kaluce said:

i wonder if she thinks that this pandemic means the world is ending, rapture, whatever they call it ?

But isn't that what they want? Personally I don't get it. The classmate I was complaining about who said they were hoping for Jesus to return soon has 3 young kids, and I'm just like... why? If you think/hope/pray Jesus is returning soon, why have kids? It's not really fair for them to be born into this world and then not get to experience it. Yeah, there's a lot of it that sucks, but there's some good stuff too.

Has her life really changed that much during the pandemic though? Except that she worries for Husband more than usual (though I did read that crime is down!)... but she can still do her grocery shopping (maybe not her thrifting) and take her walks.

• Upvote 5

17 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

But isn't that what they want? Personally I don't get it. The classmate I was complaining about who said they were hoping for Jesus to return soon has 3 young kids, and I'm just like... why? If you think/hope/pray Jesus is returning soon, why have kids?

Gah, this reminds me of some family who believed Harold Camping's prophecy about the world ending in 2011, so they quit their jobs, stopped contributing to their kids' college funds, stopped working on their house.  Was real tough on the kids to see their parents go this nuts, not caring about their futures.

I can't imagine how awkward it was the next morning when it was clear the Rapture no showed.

• Upvote 4

Even as a child, I used to bristle at the TV tropes about spendthrift wives. My SAHM was about the thriftiest and best money managers I ever knew—and so was her mother. We never felt “poor” or broke, but Mom knew how to stretch a nickel and make money work for her, even though my dad wasn’t a big earner. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Hane said:

Even as a child, I used to bristle at the TV tropes about spendthrift wives. My SAHM was about the thriftiest and best money managers I ever knew—and so was her mother. We never felt “poor” or broke, but Mom knew how to stretch a nickel and make money work for her, even though my dad wasn’t a big earner. 

SAHMs are as different as any group of people doing a certain occupation. Some with he shopaholics, some will be cheapskates, and there will be many in between. That’s kind of what I hate most about fundies. They force women especially into a box that they created for every woman. And if those women don’t fit in that box, then they are an ungrateful sinner.

• Upvote 9

On 4/10/2020 at 5:53 PM, Skyline said:

My sister used use do it when she worked at a bar. She said it got her extra tips ?

This has been tested , and confirmed .  

Spoiler

I was thinking back to her video about how you still need to do your eyebrows, etc. I have not plucked or trimmed my eyebrows since I started quarantine (which was a little over a month ago in my state). I used to have sparse eyebrows and this time allows me to see what my natural brow-shape looks like. And if I come out of quarantine with a unibrow, so what? I'd rather look like Frida Kahlo than Mrs. Midwest. Who is Mrs. Midwest to define beauty and then have the nerve to tell everyone to live "counterculturally?" Sorry not sorry, Caitlin. I'm not taking your advice.

• Upvote 4

Ok so I'm watching- again, bored working from home. 

SHE LOOKS SO MUCH BETTER WITHOUT HER LIPS DONE. You guys. She does a "lipstick tutorial" and starts with a bare lip. It's insane. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.aa59925ac4a1964a2d37e005959db2b2.png

The rest was like 10 minutes of cinnamon roll making, 10 minutes of mask making (which I skipped), and legit no cleaning inspo she just changed out the laundry. 

TLDR she needs to rethink her makeup routine. 

• Upvote 4

She looks so much younger (well, okay, maybe 20, but still) without all that makeup!

@Perrierwithlemon I too have forsaken my eyebrows. No one is going to see them anyway... and it's also a good time to let them fill out, since I had an over-plucking incident. ? I also see no reason to torture myself when in seclusion!

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, kaluce said:

It looks like someone found some proof of her husband being a racist POSE95B406D-B620-4A2C-A977-9C150D0280F4.jpeg.980d96d722e8e698bc0ec087b8c09816.jpeg

And he’s an LEO. 

• Sad 1
  • WTF 2

• Coconut Flan locked and unlocked this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic