IGNORED

Mrs. Midwest 2: Full of WTF

nelliebelle1197

9 hours ago, kaluce said:

“ Mary didn't have to advocate for herself or march around screaming her truth. No. She instead lived peacefully and patiently, allowing God to open the doors for her, and allowing His plan to come forward in her life.”

Some subtle shaming of women with agency and opinions, brought to you by Mrs Midwest

There are other parallels to this too. “XYZ disadvantaged group didn’t have to advocate for themselves or march around screaming their truth. They could have waited peacefully and patiently for God to end segregation/enact the ADA/end apartheid/end British colonial rule/stigmatization of gay people. See??!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

Random comment:  those are the 1970's Sears "Merry Mushroom" kitchen canisters she has, and color me jealous that she got them for $6.  They're a lot more than that on Etsy.  I covet them for my circa 1970 kitchen.  

Carry on.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

Mushroom decor was HUGE in the 70s.  Somewhere, I have a book called “The Collectible 70s” which has an entire section on mushroom-themed stuff.

Edited by smittykins
  • Love 1

It cracks me up a little bit that she loves them so much, because to me they're inseparable from psychedelia. The classic red toadstool with white spots is the Fly Agaric, which is psychoactive when consumed. It just makes me giggle that she's so into something thinking it's fairy-tale wholesome when it's so inextricably linked to magic shrooms. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I just wanna admit right now that her desire for toadstool decor is making me go: "No, don't! Don't like things I like!"

Then again we both enjoy sewing. 

I'm a child of the 80s/90s but I do love the 60s and 70s in decor. I may or may not have a few classic Pyrex items and eagerly await the time when I can go scour the local thrift stores and antique markets for more plus some chairs for an antique table I have in storage. 

• Upvote 4

Yogi Zero posted a video about his journey from MGTOW to TradCon, which totally has nothing to do with Caitlin, y’all. Even though he mentions her in this video. 

Oh, and only men have an instinct to provide for their families.  

Spoiler

C7E93EBF-587F-44FD-840E-12B215D6982D.gif.c7b1534902a15cac21c071b61b73720d.gif

• Upvote 1

Are protestants even into veiling?? Or is she just going hardcore into MoDeSty? 

Garlands of grace is a shop for religious head coverings, so these def don't just look like scarves. 

veiling.png

But honest, the question is- can she find a thrifted denim veil??

Edited by kaluce
  • WTF 2

20 hours ago, kaluce said:

“ Mary didn't have to advocate for herself or march around screaming her truth. No. She instead lived peacefully and patiently, allowing God to open the doors for her, and allowing His plan to come forward in her life.”

Some subtle shaming of women with agency and opinions, brought to you by Mrs Midwest

But isn't that exactly what Mrs. Midwest is doing? Marching around screaming her truth?

Regarding the Mary and conception thing; to me it is rape, plain and simple. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kaluce said:

Are protestants even into veiling?? Or is she just going hardcore into MoDeSty? 

Garlands of grace is a shop for religious head coverings, so these def don't just look like scarves. 

veiling.png

But honest, the question is- can she find a thrifted denim veil??

There are some Protestant sects that evil. I wonder, honestly, if she’s considering Catholicism. She follows quite a few Catholic accounts, and thus the ceiling would make sense if she was going extremely conservative. 

Today’s offering.  5626E249-1280-4AF1-B2A7-004D7D9FA9D9.thumb.png.993294aa26bcd47b8d7395dd2ba0bb89.png

yes...how to turn slightly sympathetic women into ambassadors for MRA issues...

8 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

There are some Protestant sects that evil. I wonder, honestly, if she’s considering Catholicism. She follows quite a few Catholic accounts, and thus the ceiling would make sense if she was going extremely conservative. 

Today’s offering.  5626E249-1280-4AF1-B2A7-004D7D9FA9D9.thumb.png.993294aa26bcd47b8d7395dd2ba0bb89.png

yes...how to turn slightly sympathetic women into ambassadors for MRA issues...

Omg he has a reddit account? Brb getting nothing done today except raising my blood pressure. ?

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, kaluce said:

Omg he has a reddit account? Brb getting nothing done today except raising my blood pressure. ?

Oh, yes. 3C78DD1F-234D-4B22-A016-A405E44A1D53.thumb.jpeg.c32145b2c216241cb0e22cb366ce8c7b.jpeg

• Disgust 1

It irks me that one of those images is an Orthodox woman, when this chick probably wouldn't even consider her a "real" Christian.

There are lots of doctors with awful bedside manner but if he thinks that’s the norm he’s hanging around the wrong doctors!

eta: regardless if the truth surrounding him not being able to make it in whatever end school - legitimate one or not - GOOD! He would be an atrocious doc!

Edited by Giraffe
  • I Agree 5

32 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

It irks me that one of those images is an Orthodox woman, when this chick probably wouldn't even consider her a "real" Christian.

Also one of the images is from a pagan blog lolol if only she knew the heathenry she was supporting! * gasp *

• Haha 4

You know what jumps out at me about her Pinterest? Caitlin is a cat-person. She really, really freakin' loves cats. And now that I think about it, she uses the Pusheen cat on her Instagram stories quite a bit. How on earth did she end up with a dog? And a really, really big dog to boot?

• Upvote 1

Her latest video is "How I live traditionally in 2020"

I got through "Religion (Things were so simple back then when... religion... was a thing??) "and "Not participating in consumerism by thrifting and making my own things". Honestly it's just listening to someone talk drivel and not make much sense- lots of circular logic. Also she's absolutely contributing to consumerism- she's had at least two sponsors!!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, kaluce said:

Her latest video is "How I live traditionally in 2020"

I got through "Religion (Things were so simple back then when... religion... was a thing??) "and "Not participating in consumerism by thrifting and making my own things". Honestly it's just listening to someone talk drivel and not make much sense- lots of circular logic. Also she's absolutely contributing to consumerism- she's had at least two sponsors!!

I've had that exact same thing happen to me sometimes with Caitlin, but I have had this happen ESPECIALLY with Yogi Zero. Every once in awhile, my brain will stop trying to parse out what he's struggling to say to object and tell me "this guy is really, really stupid." But otherwise it's like a lot of nonsense filler put in to make their points.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

54 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I've had that exact same thing happen to me sometimes with Caitlin, but I have had this happen ESPECIALLY with Yogi Zero. Every once in awhile, my brain will stop trying to parse out what he's struggling to say to object and tell me "this guy is really, really stupid." But otherwise it's like a lot of nonsense filler put in to make their points.

This is how I know so many people either hate watch them, or just watch them for their looks alone. Because they are so dumb and illogical that I can’t imagine people are watching on the edge of their seats.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This is how I know so many people either hate watch them, or just watch them for their looks alone. Because they are so dumb and illogical that I can’t imagine people are watching on the edge of their seats.

I listened to Yogi talk for ten minutes about t-shirt dresses. T-shirt dresses! Ten minutes! I think the only ten-minute plus discussion I've ever had about a dress was my wedding dress--and I actually, you know, wore the dress. Never has so little been communicated through saying so much.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

@ViolaSebastian, playing devil’s advocate here, it’s possible she loves cats but is allergic to them. It could also be some weird other reasoning, but allergies was the first thing I thought of. 

Edited by Giraffe
Still thinking

3 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

@ViolaSebastian, playing devil’s advocate here, it’s possible she loves cats but is allergic to them. It could also be some weird other reasoning, but allergies was the first thing I thought of. 

My guess? She wanted a cat; Husbear wanted a dog. They got a dog. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

3 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

My guess? She wanted a cat; Husbear wanted a dog. They got a dog. 

Oh, right!! I forgot about husbear. You’re right; she probably submitted to his wishes like the good little wifey she is. ? 

• I Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Oh, right!! I forgot about husbear. You’re right; she probably submitted to his wishes like the good little wifey she is. ? 

I may be projecting, but I think it's telling they ended up with a dog who is a breed commonly used in police work. I'm a cat person--I like dogs just fine, but I'm a person who relishes quiet and likes to read and do other "quiet time" activities that aren't conducive to having a dog who needs a lot of attention and affirmation and who barks a lot. My ex-husband was a dog-person. I owned a cat when I met him. When we moved in together, the cat had to go live with my mother, and three months after we got married, we ended up with a puppy. A puppy that I cleaned up after and did all the caretaking for. It's a sore point, even all these years later. I'm not saying she dislikes her dog (I, myself, loved my dog very much), but I'll never own a dog again as long as I live, if that makes sense. 

• Upvote 5

20 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I may be projecting, but I think it's telling they ended up with a dog who is a breed commonly used in police work. I'm a cat person--I like dogs just fine, but I'm a person who relishes quiet and likes to read and do other "quiet time" activities that aren't conducive to having a dog who needs a lot of attention and affirmation and who barks a lot. My ex-husband was a dog-person. I owned a cat when I met him. When we moved in together, the cat had to go live with my mother, and three months after we got married, we ended up with a puppy. A puppy that I cleaned up after and did all the caretaking for. It's a sore point, even all these years later. I'm not saying she dislikes her dog (I, myself, loved my dog very much), but I'll never own a dog again as long as I live, if that makes sense. 

I knew my husband was the one when he told me he had a cat <3

My underwear just fell right off when he said that. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 5
  • Love 8

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic