IGNORED

Mrs. Midwest 2: Full of WTF

nelliebelle1197

If these idiots actually looked up stats to back up their assertions, they would find that most young women graduate from college with a number of sexual partners nowhere near 30/40/50. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

I went and visited Cynthia's blog. Her text font is so teeny tiny I had to break out the 1+ reading glasses. Man, oh man. Sarah Maxwell has nothing on some of these sentences.

However, I have come to notice that there exists Canadian and American version of these products often by the same company but with differing names (for example, "Cif" is called "Vim" in Canada).

The point I want to conclude with, is that I heard God whisper?say? that I needed to take a risk in sharing my beliefs. 

Think, food (snacks like chips) and alcohol.

Considering that feminine nature is very giving (after all, mothers provide food for their children with their own bodies), I feel as though you cannot be giving in your homemaking and your relationship with the people that live in your home, without seeking to incorporate and balance your feminine energy.

And then this, which is just absolutely chilling:

In fact women and men used to be prescribed behaviour modification therapy to help them develop their femininity and masculinity as a tool to improve their marriage. Call this a product of "old times", but its success does speak for itself in some capacity.

Girl. Since I am giving you recommendations, here is a great one: https://www.amazon.com/Elements-Style-Fourth-William-Strunk/dp/020530902X/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=elements+of+style&qid=1574481450&sr=8-3

And this, just because I'm so dang upset that a woman who got accepted into medical school doesn't realize that she's talking about gay conversion therapy:

https://www.history.com/news/gay-conversion-therapy-origins-19th-century

ETA: And this, which is ???

If you are a woman, I also encourage you to begin your habit formation process in the follicular phase of your cycle; this is the time where you will be able to reach your greatest mental clarity and motivation.

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF 8

8 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

If you are a woman, I also encourage you to begin your habit formation process in the follicular phase of your cycle; this is the time where you will be able to reach your greatest mental clarity and motivation

This would be a bad idea for me. TMI warning: I think about sex way too much during that time of my cycle. Which I imagine is very natural for anyone about to ovulate. If I am too distracted by how hot my husband looks in his ratty old t shirt sitting on the couch, I’m probably not going to do my best when forming a new habit. 

• Haha 9

Apparently scheduling things according to your menstrual cycle is a “thing” beyond not wanting your period on your vacation. This sounds like a bunch of hooey, imho. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thepracticalbalance.com/blog/2019/4/8/productivity-and-periods-how-to-use-your-monthly-cycle-to-get-more-done%3fformat=amp

I don’t ovulate (or, at least, it’s partially suppressed—IUD—otherwise I’d do another experiment for y’all. 

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Rufus Bless 3

6 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Apparently scheduling things according to your menstrual cycle is a “thing” beyond not wanting your period on your vacation. This sounds like a bunch of hooey, imho. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thepracticalbalance.com/blog/2019/4/8/productivity-and-periods-how-to-use-your-monthly-cycle-to-get-more-done%3fformat=amp

So here’s the deal. I’m pretty affected by my cycle. I’m pretty in tune with my body. But there is no way I could really schedule my life around my cycle. I have very little control over that. It would be fabulous if I could schedule my life around my cycle! Then I would have nothing going on while I’m on my period and feeling like total garbage. But that’s not how my life works and that’s not how most people’s lives work. And tbh, thinking about this is making me want to go back on birth control. Because I am tired of dealing with the ups and downs of my cycle. It can get really annoying when I am PMSing and it just happens to be a crazy stressful week. And it sucks when I’m very in the mood around ovulation time and my husband is sick with a nasty cold. Or I have my period on vacation. I’m amazed thatso many of these women have such easy breezy lives that they can plan their lives around their cycle. I wish I could do that. But I can’t. So I should just go back on birth control.

• Love 7

My husband and I chose to host our wedding at an art gallery since our wedding was a Friday night affair, exuding a "great-gatsby vibe".

Noooo....WHY. 

It's pretty clear that Cynthia leads a very, very privileged life and has absolutely no idea how out-of-touch her advice is. The "schedule around your cycle" thing is laughably ridiculous for anyone with any sort of schedule whatsoever. When she has kids, is she going to tell them that they need to chill out for the next week while mommy has her "Inner Winter?" Her blog has entries about her villa cook on her fifth trip to the Caribbean and links to $395 dollar shoes. and $115 dollar face cream. Her solution to growing out your hair color is getting highlights and low lights. She writes about refinancing her student loans, which means she had them...and now apparently has a dude rich enough to pay them for her while she goes to get coffee and wrecks cast iron. In the past, her "study day" outfit blog post included $37 lipstick, a $148 cashmere scarf, and a $380 sapphire and diamond ring. FOR A STUDY DAY. I mean...y'all are lucky if I put on a bra for a "study day." 

I always kept my jewelry quite casual as well - I like to wear a few small pieces of finer jewelry simply for their durability since, as a science major...

Here's a good answer to that conundrum: wear zero jewelry on your hands as an undergraduate science major going to labs. 

Hope you all are having a great holiday season! I haven't spent a Christmas at home in over 10 years! My family and I usually travel someplace warm around this time, and consequently usually spend Christmas on the beach.

I guess this explains quite a bit for me. If my biggest worry was which diamond ring to wear to chem lab and eating comfort food during my Inner Winter, I'd probably have the time to worry about pivoting femininely when I walk, too. But most of her audience isn't that fortunate...but she's giving the false impression that this is homemaking to an audience filled with young girls. 

• I Agree 4

Back in the days of Shark Week, I used to thank God when my period fell on a weekend—no having to drag my bloated, crampy, hemorrhaging butt to the office and pray I could be productive. Hormonal BC never was a good fit for me, but an endometrial ablation was.

• Upvote 5

33 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Noooo....WHY. 

It's pretty clear that Cynthia leads a very, very privileged life and has absolutely no idea how out-of-touch her advice is. The "schedule around your cycle" thing is laughably ridiculous for anyone with any sort of schedule whatsoever. When she has kids, is she going to tell them that they need to chill out for the next week while mommy has her "Inner Winter?" Her blog has entries about her villa cook on her fifth trip to the Caribbean and links to $395 dollar shoes. and $115 dollar face cream. Her solution to growing out your hair color is getting highlights and low lights. She writes about refinancing her student loans, which means she had them...and now apparently has a dude rich enough to pay them for her while she goes to get coffee and wrecks cast iron. In the past, her "study day" outfit blog post included $37 lipstick, a $148 cashmere scarf, and a $380 sapphire and diamond ring. FOR A STUDY DAY. I mean...y'all are lucky if I put on a bra for a "study day." 

Here's a good answer to that conundrum: wear zero jewelry on your hands as an undergraduate science major going to labs. 

I guess this explains quite a bit for me. If my biggest worry was which diamond ring to wear to chem lab and eating comfort food during my Inner Winter, I'd probably have the time to worry about pivoting femininely when I walk, too. But most of her audience isn't that fortunate...but she's giving the false impression that this is homemaking to an audience filled with young girls. 

She’s like Elle Woods but a million times worse. At least Elle has redeeming qualities. 

• Haha 5

I think she's mostly nice enough, as she seems to have not gotten deep into the misogynistic Red Pill and racist stuff that Caitlin seems to, but she seems very caught up on superficiality and deeply unaware about how most of the world lives. There's also...this...which leads me to worry about her a little bit. 

0C709D0C-8507-4B44-AADD-5F4718874F92.jpeg

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 2

I am going to assume it’s just young women watching these channels. Because I feel like older woman know it’s all just a bunch of bullshit. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

15 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I don’t ovulate (or, at least, it’s partially suppressed—IUD—otherwise I’d do another experiment for y’all. 

You're doing far too much work taking this nightmare on already ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I am going to assume it’s just young women watching these channels. Because I feel like older woman know it’s all just a bunch of bullshit. 

I'm an older woman and I certainly call BS on Mrs Midwest et al. Unfortunately, I guess that's what makes them so dangerous. Mostly (and I know that I'm generalising here) older people understand that life is not all tiaras and fluffy throw pillows. Mrs Midwest has such a narrow view of feminism and femininity, and goodness only knows where she gets the idea that housewives are looked down on and derided. House-husbands on the other hand....

She makes her life look picture-book pretty, but supports such ugly messages at the same time that they take on a prettier hue than they deserve.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

6 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

I'm an older woman and I certainly call BS on Mrs Midwest et al. Unfortunately, I guess that's what makes them so dangerous. Mostly (and I know that I'm generalising here) older people understand that life is not all tiaras and fluffy throw pillows. Mrs Midwest has such a narrow view of feminism and femininity, and goodness only knows where she gets the idea that housewives are looked down on and derided. House-husbands on the other hand....

She makes her life look picture-book pretty, but supports such ugly messages at the same time that they take on a prettier hue than they deserve.

I think @thoughtful's description of Yogi being a silk bag full of shit is germane to Mrs. Midwest, too.

• I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

It seems likely that girls and young women with little life experience would be more likely to fall for this crap, if they haven't yet been expected to take on the realities and expense of homemaking, are being raised in a patriarchal bubble, or are resisting parents who expect them to get educated and/or work for a living.

But, I'm sad to say, some people don't learn from experience or get wise with age -- they just get old. Some dig ever deeper into their fantasy life (see reference to Lydia Sherman, above).

And I'm happy to say that I see lots of teens and younger women who would sniff this out as bullshit in 10 seconds or less.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I'm frankly shocked that anyone can read Lydia's blog or listen to her Youtube videos and not recognize that there is a serious issue going on with her. Her behavior has been bizarre for years.

• I Agree 3

On 11/21/2019 at 8:26 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

Mr. Atheist has a new video explaining why Mrs. Midwest is harmful. He does a good job.

I'm still catching up on all of this....on the couch in my pajamas (Christmas PJs, even), on a Sunday morning, before I've even washed my face!

I'm sure it would horrify her that I am a divorcee living happily alone in a townhouse that I pay other people to clean!

• Upvote 7

Well, here’s “better than you for never allowing pre-made, processed food in her home’s” fridge. Guess going all homemade lasted about as long as her interview with Yogi did  1E85955F-E68F-4BE2-8758-D476591E6149.thumb.jpeg.176a74873b985c972a9b266486bf6ea3.jpeg 

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

Mrs Midwest has such a narrow view of feminism and femininity

Exactly.  You can be feminine in pants, with short hair, without makeup, in sneakers, while playing sports, while having a "masculine" job (I am an engineer), etc.  Even in my jeans and Converse I don't think anyone would accuse me of not being feminine.  She just can't understand this concept.

• I Agree 5

That’s a pie! Isn’t that what perfect homemaking wives make all the time? I see a store bought pie (looks like from Kroger), a tub of crappy store bought icing (something that can be homemade pretty easily), and a bag of bagels. That also might be hummus on the bottom. Which is very easy to make yourself. My husband used to do it all the time. 

• I Agree 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s a pie! Isn’t that what perfect homemaking wives make all the time? I see a store bought pie (looks like from Kroger), a tub of crappy store bought icing (something that can be homemade pretty easily), and a bag of bagels. That also might be hummus on the bottom. Which is very easy to make yourself. My husband used to do it all the time. 

But it’s more economical! 

Narrator voice: But it wasn’t more economical...

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Haha 8

....Thing is, hummus/bagels/pie aren't the worst things to buy 'processed.'

If you make a big todo about it then you look dumb.

Edited by AliceInFundyland
Disclaimer: Store bought bagels are not good. Store bought pies are pretty variable. Hummus gets a pass. And once in a very great while I succumb to a craving for store icing.
  • Upvote 3

On 11/23/2019 at 4:41 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

Noooo....WHY. 

So, not Mrs Midwest, right? Who is Cynthia? I’m just really lost re who we’re talking about!

9 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

....Thing is, hummus/bagels/pie aren't the worst things to buy 'processed.'

If you make a big todo about it then you look dumb.

I definitely buy those pre made all the time. I hardly make anything from scratch and I’m a SAHM. It’s just funny how Caitlyn says one thing and does another. I think she doesn’t actually much enjoy homemaking. I think she just likes not having to work outside the home.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, Petronella said:

So, not Mrs Midwest, right? Who is Cynthia? I’m just really lost re who we’re talking about!

Cynthia is a former Miss Earth Canada who is covering similar ground to Mrs. Midwest. It’s confusing because they look like sisters and are both eerily alike in their content. 

In other news, there’s a shitstorm a brewing over on Yogi’s Instagram account. Yesterday, he encouraged people to go after a certain woman with a small child who appeared, to him, to be unmarried by writing “where’s the father?” in pictures she had with her child. Well, whoopsie doodle, she’s married and Christian, but doesn’t wear a wedding ring. It wouldn’t be okay to harass her for being a single mother, but he essentially encouraged his followers to harass one of their own. Way to go. His apology is couched as “I’m sorry, but we really have to hold women responsible.” Which is rich, given that he’s having trouble taking responsibility for his own idiotic actions. Caitlin, if you read here, this is the guy you’re following. A man who encourages the harassment of women just based on their lack of wearing a wedding ring. It’s disgusting and you can’t claim to be wholesome and positive and support this guy.  Everything you say falls flat and is empty unless you denounce this man and his behavior.  

He also specifically said he never said she was divorced. Except...he did. Here’s the receipts: 919CD99C-857F-41A7-948B-48D1EB817AD4.thumb.png.40fe2b219c7ca8791c78a3bf332e9776.pngB75E8D83-15A1-4608-BFFB-991D378A54FA.thumb.jpeg.99bf1a68bbe408dd8f8cf46391b21bef.jpeg8E91EB42-BF75-4AF9-AB8A-AEE79F15B532.thumb.png.81b48725bca0a5ef9681392819d37739.png

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Angry 2
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic