IGNORED

Erin & Chad 6: Angling for a Vow Renewal Ceremony

GreyhoundFan

what's annoying is sometimes you have to build up to your forever home, it takes time, she clearly needs space, so do the right thing and move into a big cheap fixer upper, their are plenty in Tennessee that have a few acres and then after you move, spend a few years their fixing the place up, paying the mortgage so then you have equity and your house Is worth more from the renovations then when you do move again your dream house might be available and she will have more money to spend on it. They''ve been married for seven years and are still renting, it drives me crazy because I'm obsessed with equity, I get moving sucks,  but Josie and Kelton bought a home that's ugly as hell (on the outside), but their fixing it up and its only a starter home. 

This woman needs to stop living in a dream land.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I’ve said this before. If they want to stay in their current rental, they need to flip the bedrooms; put the kids in the master and the parents in the smaller room. If space is an issue for the parents, maybe Chad could fashion them some bunk beds, or a trundle. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

22 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I’ve said this before. If they want to stay in their current rental, they need to flip the bedrooms; put the kids in the master and the parents in the smaller room. If space is an issue for the parents, maybe Chad could fashion them some bunk beds, or a trundle. 

When my mom divorced my dad and we moved to a 2 bedroom duplex.  Mom took the smaller bedroom and gave my sister and I the larger room.  I had friends in the same sort of duplex but they had three kids (1 boy, 2 girls) in the smaller bedroom and the parents had the larger room.  No bunks.  The two girls shared a bed.  And yes, that family had some really messed up dynamics,  

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

The master bedroom is tiny, just a queen bed and 2 little side tables. I don't think flipping bedrooms would solve the problem. 

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, clueliss said:

When my mom divorced my dad and we moved to a 2 bedroom duplex.  Mom took the smaller bedroom and gave my sister and I the larger room.  I had friends in the same sort of duplex but they had three kids (1 boy, 2 girls) in the smaller bedroom and the parents had the larger room.  No bunks.  The two girls shared a bed.  And yes, that family had some really messed up dynamics,  

I am in a three bedroom house and considering switching my daughter into the master. Just to get all her shit (toys) out of the lounge room.  I only need a bed. She needs a bed her bookshelves her doll beds her LEGO table her colouring in table... lol 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

My bedroom is on the small side. I have a queen sized bed, a cedar chest, a small 3 drawer chest and a closet full. I only share my room with the cats and occasionally Sadie (she is crated over night, I don't really trust her loose yet). I actually have a bunch of currently unused space in my house. However, as soon as my financial situation improves (yay for paychecks!!), I'll be outfitting that space with storage closets, a table and chairs, an island for my kitchen and a few other odds and ends. 

I don't understand these people having a shitload of kids and stacking them in one bedroom. I guess its quantity over quality. Erin has 4 kids, 3 girls, one boy. Time for a 3 bedroom and let Carson have his own room. Jessa and Bin are the same. Time for a 3 bedroom. I mean, my kids shared bedrooms pretty much their whole lives at home, but the rooms were bigger and the upper limit was 3 kids in a room. That bedroom had enough space for the girls, their shit, their clothes, books, etc. 

I don't get it...

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, feministxtian said:

My bedroom is on the small side. I have a queen sized bed, a cedar chest, a small 3 drawer chest and a closet full. I only share my room with the cats and occasionally Sadie (she is crated over night, I don't really trust her loose yet). I actually have a bunch of currently unused space in my house. However, as soon as my financial situation improves (yay for paychecks!!), I'll be outfitting that space with storage closets, a table and chairs, an island for my kitchen and a few other odds and ends. 

I don't understand these people having a shitload of kids and stacking them in one bedroom. I guess its quantity over quality. Erin has 4 kids, 3 girls, one boy. Time for a 3 bedroom and let Carson have his own room. Jessa and Bin are the same. Time for a 3 bedroom. I mean, my kids shared bedrooms pretty much their whole lives at home, but the rooms were bigger and the upper limit was 3 kids in a room. That bedroom had enough space for the girls, their shit, their clothes, books, etc. 

I don't get it...

3 bedroom minimum, we have a 3 bed with 1 kid and 1 on the way and I already want a 4 bedroom! But that's because I dont want to sacrifice the guest room/office which has become crucial during COVID. With 4 kids I'd probably want a 4 bed minimum because I imagine they often have family members stay over. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Just now, freethemall said:

3 bedroom minimum, we have a 3 bed with 1 kid and 1 on the way and I already want a 4 bedroom! But that's because I dont want to sacrifice the guest room/office which has become crucial during COVID. With 4 kids I'd probably want a 4 bed minimum because I imagine they often have family members stay over. 

If I had stayed in Vegas, I'd have had a 3 bedroom even by myself. Room for guests and an office for me. My son is sort of in that jam now with the baby...their house is 3 bedroom with a loft. He uses the loft for his office (he works from home), one bedroom is a guest room and the other bedroom is Little One's. Thing is, it's time for Baby A to move out of mom and dad's room. So, Little One is sharing a room with her 6 month old sister. However, after having my apartment built here in the basement (this SO does not look like a basement, it's really nice), selling/moving is not an option. Whatever they decide to do will end up being a family thing, where all 3 of us adults will sit and discuss our options. 

I personally don't have an extra bedroom for guests. If I have guests, I'd probably give them my bedroom and sleep on the couch. Not going to stress about it right now though. 

• Upvote 3

My guess is that their move is less likely to be determined by number of kids but by Carson’s age. With how Erin grew up, she probably thinks nothing of cramming four or more kids into bunk beds in one bedroom plus a baby in her room, but at some point she’s going to feel that Carson is too old to be sharing a room with sisters. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

Chad's brother Joe Paine was at Trump's send-off event, per his (private) instagram. He has videos on his stories, one of Marine One flying in and one of Trump speaking. The first one had "Thank you President Trump!" written on it. Also there's a weird Trump photo montage.  

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 9
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 4

• 3 weeks later...

Erin just posted this update. I feel bad for her, it seems quite serious and I hope she’s doing well. I wonder what this will mean for her reproductive system. Could she not have more kids?

Spoiler

DF6D3712-E005-4A67-913F-B468C3A5FE8A.thumb.jpeg.a1996eaf6554d5df64879ad8236eface.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 20

15 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Erin just posted this update. I feel bad for her, it seems quite serious and I hope she’s doing well. I wonder what this will mean for her reproductive system. Could she not have more kids?

Reveal hidden contents

DF6D3712-E005-4A67-913F-B468C3A5FE8A.thumb.jpeg.a1996eaf6554d5df64879ad8236eface.jpeg

You can conceive with one ovary, but with partial removal of the other as well, I'm not sure. I guess it would depend. I've had ovarian cysts that ruptured and it's very painful, but internal bleeding sounds like a whole other level. Hope she can recover and be present for the kids she has, even if it means Holland is the last. 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 5

I guess with all of her issues, she may be lucky to have 4. I think it is possible Holland might be her last if she only has one partial ovary. Although if she wanted more children and was open to fertility treatments, she might be able to do IVF with a partial ovary. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

The Bates really have terrible luck with their health. And Erin in particular has had a terrible year first with Covid and now this.

I cant help but feel sorry for her, it must be devastating to be experiencing this when she always put so much value in having as many kids as possible.

• Upvote 5
  • Bless Your Heart 3
  • I Agree 3

7 minutes ago, llucie said:

The Bates really have terrible luck with their health. And Erin in particular has had a terrible year first with Covid and now this.

I cant help but feel sorry for her, it must be devastating to be experiencing this when she always put so much value in having as many kids as possible.

I don’t have any sympathy for all of them getting covid. They all could have taken precautions but refused. I wonder how many people they spread it to that eventually died. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 19

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t have any sympathy for all of them getting covid. They all could have taken precautions but refused. I wonder how many people they spread it to that eventually died. 

Me neither. I was talking about the cists. Do you think this is related to Covid? i was thinking it sounded more like PCOS but obviously i am not a doctor and there is still so much we dont know about Covid.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, llucie said:

Me neither. I was talking about the cists. Do you think this is related to Covid? i was thinking it sounded more like PCOS but obviously i am not a doctor and there is still so much we dont know about Covid.

I hope it’s not related to covid. That would be so awful if there was yet another long term issue. But I wonder if part of the issue has to do with her clotting disorder. I don’t know if that would make it worse. Maybe. I’m thinking the Bateses will have less grandchildren than the Duggars. Alyssa’s heart issue, the clotting disorder that some of them have, and Michael dealing with infertility. 

Some people with PCOS have major trouble conceiving while others don’t. 

• Upvote 8

For anyone else this would be a sign to stop. This might be the first time we see how committed the bates girls are to having babies at any cost. 

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 2

I've had four ruptured ovarian cyst. I've been very fortunate that none of them have needed surgery (after I went to the ER for the first I've just waited out the pain for the rest of them at home.) They suck.

I feel bad that she's suffering from them, but happy that she's not going to have over a dozen children.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

6 minutes ago, purple_summer said:

For anyone else this would be a sign to stop. This might be the first time we see how committed the bates girls are to having babies at any cost. 

I wouldn’t feel sorry for the Paine children if there were no additional babies. They have 4 healthy children who need their parents healthy too. When you put it all on God, you need to lean in. I feel bad that Erin has had health issues, but I don't feel bad that her prolific procreation might be over. I feel far more sorry for Michaela-

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

I think I’ve only had one ruptured cyst in my life. And that was one too many! That pain was almost as bad as childbirth. Almost.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

I would hope that with only half an ovary left (which I had no idea was possible) she will choose to cling to her belief that God plans the size of each family, and not try to tinker with things to have more babies.  If she had no children, my heart would be broken for her... but four children are plenty and she has lots to he grateful for. I hope her health improves, and I’m sorry she is suffering in that respect.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4

20 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I wouldn’t feel sorry for the Paine children if there were no additional babies. They have 4 healthy children who need their parents healthy too. When you put it all on God, you need to lean in. I feel bad that Erin has had health issues, but I don't feel bad that her prolific procreation might be over. I feel far more sorry for Michaela-

Definitely. Personally I think 4 is a good number anyway. They’ll have plenty of nieces and nephews to love on. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic