IGNORED

Erin & Chad 5: I’m Thoroughly Defrauded by Chad’s Attire

HerNameIsBuffy

Isn’t it funny that Lawson doesn’t even outright deny what the person wrote? Instead he is just bitchy. They all know it’s true.

If Erin or Chad has written the comment it would be different- because it’s their account. I am always amazed how many critical comments they let be. I would never put up with shit (or unwanted criticism) on my social media. Delete and block, so easy. But then, at least some of their fans might find that some of the criticism is worth thinking about. And that’s a win. 

• Upvote 9

16 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Isn’t it funny that Lawson doesn’t even outright deny what the person wrote? Instead he is just bitchy. They all know it’s true.

If Erin or Chad has written the comment it would be different- because it’s their account. I am always amazed how many critical comments they let be. I would never put up with shit (or unwanted criticism) on my social media. Delete and block, so easy. But then, at least some of their fans might find that some of the criticism is worth thinking about. And that’s a win. 

They have a lot of followers compared to the average joe. It could be quite time consuming to block them all.

If  I was a public figure, I would just disable comments. Job done. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I knew it, Erin will be pregnant every year. I remember she made a post on insta for an anniversary about her finding a Prince Charming and they lived happily ever after with 100 kids.

shame these kids only get a year with their parents before their attention is on another surprise blessing. 

Are they gonna try to act so surprised when #5,6,7 etc comes along?

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Not surprised but I do hate how they are always "surprised" by a pregnancy. God knows everyone is always surprised when the same thing happens year after year.  I still would love to know how they can afford four kids, dog, goats, chickens and everything else on Chad's salary. Would they really be getting that much from UPtv to help them out? Its a small network with not nearly enough money coming.

Love the comment from Jane. So awesome and so true. Of course Lawson has to response and be a hypocrite. Please Lawson explain why its okay for you to be so hateful and judgmental to people you know nothing about? But not Jane? Because she's a woman? Get a hobby Lawson.   

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

Can I just say- I love that the thread didn’t even get hot (to my knowledge). That’s how much of a surprise this pregnancy is.

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 1

I wonder if Erin is one of those women who thinks you can’t Get pregnant when nursing and that is why she is “surprised”, but yeah unless they change their lifestyle there will be a lot of surprises.

the only thing is that I am not sure having 40 babies benefits Erin’s brand. The young conservative but mainstream women who follow her are probably more likely to relate to the younger Bates/Duggars than Michelle or Kelly and these women can understand 6 or so children more than a dozen. I am sure there is some calculation to all this. If 6-8 children is more profitable than two doEn, then I am sure that will factor in.

right now, with 4 under 6, Erin is still fitting in with my circle of middle class moms. I know people with that gap (thoguh 3 is more common), but 5 is pushing it and she’ll be less and less relatable. And maybe she doesn’t care, maybe it is all for god but I think what makes Erin one of the most dangerous fundies is that she seems more relatable. People don’t follow her to gawk, she isn’t “out there” like the Duggar and bates moms, she is “just like us” but with abhorrent politics and that is far, far more dangerous.

• Upvote 8

25 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

wonder if Erin is one of those women who thinks you can’t Get pregnant when nursing and that is why she is “surprised

Everly was nearly 1 year old (or maybe older, I'm too lazy to do the maths) when Erin got pregnant. She must know that nursing can't work as natural birth control. It only works (and not always) when the babies are exclusively breastfeed. And of course a 1 year old baby eats a lot of solids.

I think they lie and are not surprised at all. But if you let me be mean, I would say that the surprise comes from the fact that a hard-working couple with 3 kids so young, has very few occasions to have sex. Maybe that's why Kelly got pregnant more easily than Erin: Gil wasn't working and had plenty of time for fellowshipping haha.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

Im starting to believe more and more that there is an unspoken competition between these sisters. Erin was of course devastated by her miscarriages, but I think Whitney having the first grandchild REALLY bothered her. She had to play catch up fast, and then she surpassed her. Now she needs to be the first one with 4 kids/the biggest family since others are “catching up”. And I think she and Alyssa definitely experience this competition for whose family looks best on social media and gets the most attention. Again, they would never admit this, but I think it exists.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Everly was nearly 1 year old (or maybe older, I'm too lazy to do the maths) when Erin got pregnant. She must know that nursing can't work as natural birth control. It only works (and not always) when the babies are exclusively breastfeed. And of course a 1 year old baby eats a lot of solids.

I think they lie and are not surprised at all. But if you let me be mean, I would say that the surprise comes from the fact that a hard-working couple with 3 kids so young, has very few occasions to have sex. Maybe that's why Kelly got pregnant more easily than Erin: Gil wasn't working and had plenty of time for fellowshipping haha.

Yeah. As an infertile, I think it is so interesting how insanely different all these "leaving it up to god" people are regarding fertility. Courtney Rogers and Alyssa whatshername (Morton?) have them every 11-12 months, Kelly had them every 12-15 months, Michelle had them every 16-18 months (and the only reason Jordyn and Josie are Irish twins is because Josie was premature), and now Erin is having them every 20ish months. 

(I know my numbers may be a bit off, but my point is Courtney has them way faster than Kelly who had them faster than Erin, etc.)

• Upvote 8

In terms of craving attention, it’s likely because they never had any attention during key developmental phases in their lives. That’s what happens when you live in a zoo that adds a new member once a year. Too bad some of the, don’t seem to be breaking the cycle.

• Upvote 8

19 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

It's like Ben and Jessa's little house, fine for the 4 of them but now their are 5 and the bigger the kids get the smaller the house gets. 

And then they get even bigger and you need less space again.

We just moved last weekend and downsized considerably and we all love it.  My kidults are in their 20’s and have overnight lives outside of the house, and whatever toys they have are collectibles and easily stored - no more giant toy bins and legos everywhere!  

We’re calling it our tiny house adventure.  (Well, I am.  The kids think I’m a big dork :) )

• Upvote 14

I wonder if taking daily heparin shoots for years is going to have a lasting impact on her health. I also find interesting how she barely mentions the fact that she has to do this to sustain her pregnancies anymore.  I think she realizes it makes her appear reckless to keep having kids with this condition so it gets swept under the rug.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, llucie said:

I wonder if taking daily heparin shoots for years is going to have a lasting impact on her health. I also find interesting how she barely mentions the fact that she has to do this to sustain her pregnancies anymore.  I think she realizes it makes her appear reckless to keep having kids with this condition so it gets swept under the rug.

I wondered about this too. I wasn't sure if she was still having to do it, or if she was on daily medication or something to help combat it.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, llucie said:

A friend of mine had a clotting disorder. After 3 miscarriages at about 17-18 weeks she was diagnosed and future pregnancies required daily heparin shots. She had 3 healthy babies and, although both she and her husband would have liked at least one more child, she was advised, for health reasons related to the heparin shots, to stop. I don’t know if Erin will have the same health issues but, for my friend,whatever problem the heparin shots caused was not an isolated incident but a known potential side effect. I hope that Erin and Chad listen and act upon medical advice. 

Edited by Angelface
Missing a comma
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I know a lot of women from mommy groups who didn’t get their period back until a year post partum, including a couple who ended up with opposie babies because of it. And these are women who are generally better educated and informed than the average fundie. So I feel like it is very possible Erin thought she was safe because she had no period. 

Again, I feel like of course she is going to ha e a lot of babies, but I don’t think she is going to mimic her mother because she is aware of her brand and audience but I do think she likes the attention too. I could see her having 6 kids easily

• Upvote 3

I have to take low-dose heparin (lovenox) during pregnancy due to a blood clotting disorder. I met with a hematologist when I was first diagnosed and I mentioned the potential of wanting up to 4 kids and he said it shouldn't be an issue. It does require extra monitoring during pregnancy and birth. Idk about Erin's disorder but mine has the potential to cause growth issues for the baby so I get extra ultrasounds to make sure baby is on track. So far after one live birth I am completely healthy(and so is my son) and I see no reason to currently limit pregnancies (other than the shots suck). I'm sure its on a case by case basis and hopefully Erin and Chad are willing to re-evaluate after each birth and will listen to medical advice.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4

6 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

I have to take low-dose heparin (lovenox) during pregnancy due to a blood clotting disorder. I met with a hematologist when I was first diagnosed and I mentioned the potential of wanting up to 4 kids and he said it shouldn't be an issue. It does require extra monitoring during pregnancy and birth. Idk about Erin's disorder but mine has the potential to cause growth issues for the baby so I get extra ultrasounds to make sure baby is on track. So far after one live birth I am completely healthy(and so is my son) and I see no reason to currently limit pregnancies (other than the shots suck). I'm sure its on a case by case basis and hopefully Erin and Chad are willing to re-evaluate after each birth and will listen to medical advice.

Do the shots go directly into your stomach or where?

I predict new babies every 20 months for Erin for the foreseeable future.

Years later, we might hear her testimony about her own laundry room breakdown sometime before Brooklyn and Everly are old enough to be full sister-moms.  

• Upvote 12

7 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Can I just say- I love that the thread didn’t even get hot (to my knowledge). That’s how much of a surprise this pregnancy is.

Yes, admittedly I came for a presumably hot thread and was a tad disappointed, but... At least I'm now caught up on Cherin.

@CaptainFunderpants, Heparin is a subq shot, so yeah. It could go in the stomach, thighs, or arms. I imagine as the pregnancy progresses you'd want to be using the thighs or arms because you need to be able to get a pinch of fatty skin for a subq shot.

Maybe they could should figure out some way to re-purpose an insulin pump so that she can just be constantly injected based on how many pregnancies she is likely to have!

Honestly though, while daily injections are likely a huge life adjustment at first, millions of people with diabetes have to manage their levels with regular injections. I suppose this is Erin's normal now (and for the better part of the last 4 years!).

ETA: wait, it looks like there is a Low Molecular Weight Heparin in pill form. Not sure it is used for clotting disorders related to pregnancy though.

Edited by theotherelise
googled something
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

41 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Do the shots go directly into your stomach or where?

Yeah pretty much. You should inject at least 2 inches away from the belly button. Closer to the love handles is recommended because its supposedly less painful but I don't really feel a difference no matter where I inject. Its just once a day for me, I do it before bed. It stings a bit but its not horrible. I know some people can get pretty bad bruises from the injections but I've always been lucky that I usually don't bruise or I get a very small one that fades in a day or two. 

35 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

@CaptainFunderpants, Heparin is a subq shot, so yeah. It could go in the stomach, thighs, or arms. I imagine as the pregnancy progresses you'd want to be using the thighs or arms because you need to be able to get a pinch of fatty skin for a subq shot.

Maybe they could should figure out some way to re-purpose an insulin pump so that she can just be constantly injected based on how many pregnancies she is likely to have!

Honestly though, while daily injections are likely a huge life adjustment at first, millions of people with diabetes have to manage their levels with regular injections. I suppose this is Erin's normal now (and for the better part of the last 4 years!).

I'm sure it depends on the woman and how much the skin is stretched but I was able to inject in my stomach up until the day before I gave birth. For some reason the idea of injecting into my thigh really freaks me out- not sure I could do it!

Edited by JesSky03
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Between Gil not working and Kelly handing her babies off to her daughters after every birth they both had plenty of time for fellowshipping. 

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

@CaptainFunderpants

@JesSky03  I bet you'd be fine with the thigh; they have a good amount of flesh and aren't super nerve heavy nor hair dense.

@theotherelise IMHO people with a needle phobia are blessed to have been healthy enough to maintain that phobia. If they got seriously sick, much less T1D or cancer, they would quickly get over it because it's not like they'd be throwing a huge fit and passing out multiple times a day. Once a day shot during pregnancy seems like nothing compared to you know, pregnancy and child birth.

• Upvote 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic