IGNORED

Erin & Chad 5: I’m Thoroughly Defrauded by Chad’s Attire

HerNameIsBuffy

I like Holland a lot. I have a daughter with a similar sounding name that I can’t give away but is pretty close IMO.

Khloe is an interesting choice for Zach and Whit. I’m not a fan personally, largely bc it sounds like an Alyssa name and reminds me of KUWTK but whatever, not my kid’s name not really my business.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

A flood of girls for the Bates ugh, I wish it was all boys.

Has their been a boy born in either Bates or Duggar family since Garret last June? 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

I actually do know a little girl named Holland. Maybe it's getting more popular in the baby name world. I don't love either Holland or Khloe but I wouldn't side-eye them either. The flood of baby girls is the sad part.

3 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Has their been a boy born in either Bates or Duggar family since Garret last June? 

Kade was born in November.

• Upvote 6

I actually like holland! It don’t thinks terrible with the current names

Carson, slightly trendy but very mainstream 

brooklyn, pretty trendy but still pretty normal.

Everly, pretty out there but again slightly trendy. My least favorite of their names. I’m surprised Erin isn’t a “Leigh” type. Ashleigh. Everleigh. I could definitely see that.

Edited by 19tacos&counting
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Tangy Bee said:

Think they are trying to be "different". Sounds like it should be a boy's name instead. Have any of them ever been to Holland?

To me sounds like a country name, i wouldnt like it for a boy either.

No, but they been to Ireland (in their honeymoon) maybe the next one lol

Edited by llucie
to add
  • Upvote 1

I'm just happy they're not naming their kids Haifa or Tel Aviv with their Israel obsession even tho Jill did name her kid Israel. Israel to me is a normal name. But I'd give a side eye if someone told me their kids name was Haifa lol

• Haha 7

I like the name too. I can see them using Holly as the nickname like they do Brookie for Brooklyn. 

And yes. All girls for the Bates and Duggars this year. Crazy. 

• Upvote 5

I kinda like the name Holland Grace. Not one I would choose, but it sounds kinda cool. Since all the Paine-kids have names after towns, regions or boroughs, here are my predictions for the next four: 

Boston Nehemiah

Adare Faith

London Jo  

Camden Elijah

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, llucie said:

To me sounds like a country name, i wouldnt like it for a boy either.

No, but they been to Ireland (in their honeymoon) maybe the next one lol

Okay I wasn’t going to put myself on blast but Ireland IS my daughter’s name lol. I think it’s why I’m partial to Holland. I like spunky names with lovely imagery.

4 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

I kinda like the name Holland Grace. Not one I would choose, but it sounds kinda cool. Since all the Paine-kids have names after towns, regions or boroughs, here are my predictions for the next four: 

Boston Nehemiah

Adare Faith

London Jo  

Camden Elijah

I don’t think she will so London. That’s her best friends daughters name. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Ok. Poor Carson, I was hoping he would have a brother. As for Holland, I hope they end up calling her Holly. She'll be born close to Christmas, so it's fitting, right? Maybe. Unless people forever look at her and start singing "deck the halls with bells of Holly......" or "have a Holly-jolly Christmas".......

Only 5 more months till Christmas; I'm on a roll.......

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, BullyJBG said:

Ok. Poor Carson, I was hoping he would have a brother. As for Holland, I hope they end up calling her Holly. She'll be born close to Christmas, so it's fitting, right? Maybe. Unless people forever look at her and start singing "deck the halls with bells of Holly......" or "have a Holly-jolly Christmas".......

Only 5 more months till Christmas; I'm on a roll.......

It's July and Hallmark Channel is playing Christmas movies and HomeGoods already has a Halloween display. You're not that far off lol

• Upvote 4

I’m glad Carson and Bradley have each other, I imagine they will be more like brothers. I’m also glad that they seem to let and promote their girls playing in the dirt though (for now, at least). I fully dig Holland and am really surprised how much I like it.  Khloe with a K and an accent mark is “not my favorite”, as my five year old would say. And because I don’t know any of you, I will admit here and only here that I am a little jealous of people with multiple girls when I couldn’t get one. ? There is so much testosterone in my house.  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

I'm Dutch and it's extremely weird to me that someone would call their child the name of my country.  I will say that I'm not very used to place-name names in general, as they are quite uncommon here. But I can't get it out of my head that it's similar to naming your child France or Germany. And that's so incredibly weird to me. But to each their own. I'm much more bothered by their beliefs than the names they've chosen for their children so far ?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

8 minutes ago, Marly said:

I'm Dutch and it's extremely weird to me that someone would call their child the name of my country.  I will say that I'm not very used to place-name names in general, as they are quite uncommon here. But I can't get it out of my head that it's similar to naming your child France or Germany. And that's so incredibly weird to me. But to each their own. I'm much more bothered by their beliefs than the names they've chosen for their children so far ?

I live in Brooklyn. If I named a kid Brooklyn, everyone would laugh. But it's become so popular since the Beckhams. I had a classmate named Brooke Ellen. Her name was made fun of all the time. It's quite weird when a ton of celebrities name their kids after a place you live in.

Edited by OyToTheVey
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Marly said:

I'm Dutch and it's extremely weird to me that someone would call their child the name of my country

Holland is not a country ?

But I agree, it does not sound like a name. But we got used to Paris and London as well. So any place can be a name now.

• Upvote 1

I also really like the name Holland. I don’t know anyone with the name, but it’s one of my friend’s top name picks for her first daughter and ever since she told me, I’ve loved it. Khloe is a little different with that spelling, but I like it spelled with a C. I wonder if the K was intentional to match with Kaci or they just happened to like the K spelling more. I guess we’ll see with future pregnancies if they go with a letter pattern, if they have more.

Place names have been a trend for a while, but I just recently saw a sign announcing a baby with the name of my city and it was so weird because I’ve never heard of anyone naming their kid it and it’s very certainly not a popular name on its own. So I get how it can be weird for people from the city because I doubled took when I saw it. 

• Upvote 3

I had a non fiction book as a kid (ok, I still have it) that featured profiles of kids from around the world, about their lives etc. There was a girl from California whose friend was called Holland (the girl herself was Nicole). 

Chloe is nice, but Khloé just makes me think of the Kardashians.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I actually love the name Holland. It doesn't flow with the other kids names though.

A flood of girls for the Bates ugh, I wish it was all boys.

I’m think that, being a place name, it goes with Brooklyn. It seems like they’re half assing a theme with two place names and two regular ones. 

• Upvote 2

All I can think of is Holland Taylor and the L Word... I don't think that's the association they were going for. 

• Haha 5

I don't hate Holland Grace. I've wondered what the "next" place names were going to be. I can see Holland being picked. I'd so love if she was named after Holland Taylor. That would be awesome.  

I'm surprised with all these baby girls in both families nobody has gone with

Avery 

Aubrey

Bailey 

Paisley

Riley

Cassidy

Addison

Hailey

Or those names with horrendous spellings. 

• Upvote 4

Every now and again articles like this one will circulate Christian facebooks and pulpits where people will point out that some of these kind of cliche sayings aren’t biblical. There’s a lot more than just these, but I think they’ve been repeated so many times people just say them because they’ve heard them so much. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.crosswalk.com/faith/spiritual-life/7-christian-sayings-that-aren-t-christian-at-all.html%3famp=1

https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/sayings.cfm

• Upvote 1

I admit that I would prefer Kaci and Khloe to be spelled Casey and Chloe. But I’m really old fashioned about spellings. I don’t mind “place names” in general. Some might sound bad though. Like Tallahassee. That’s a bit of a mouth full.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

@JermajestyDuggar one of those C names is my name. My mother wanted to be flamboyant with the spelling but my dad was insistent that it be the traditional spelling. I’m thankful he did that. I’ve seen some interesting spelling variations of my name I’ve the years. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic