IGNORED

Erin & Chad 5: I’m Thoroughly Defrauded by Chad’s Attire

HerNameIsBuffy

Just saw an old article in People that Cherin have a spin-off following the pregnancy and will include a sex reveal. Anyone watching? I don't have UPtv any more.

51 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Just saw an old article in People that Cherin have a spin-off following the pregnancy and will include a sex reveal. Anyone watching? I don't have UPtv any more.

Here’s the article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/tv/bringing-up-bates-erin-chad-paine-expecting-fourth-child/amp/

Apparently it started airing June 6th. I’m guessing no one here has watched since it hasn’t been brought up before now. 

ETA: Actually, was this the special episode that was mentioned recently? I think there was one scheduled for Cherin and another for the Websters that had to do with their past pregnancies.

Edited by VelociRapture
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Here’s the article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/people.com/tv/bringing-up-bates-erin-chad-paine-expecting-fourth-child/amp/

Apparently it started airing June 6th. I’m guessing no one here has watched since it hasn’t been brought up before now. 

ETA: Actually, was this the special episode that was mentioned recently? I think there was one scheduled for Cherin and another for the Websters that had to do with their past pregnancies.

Not sure. Sounded like a series? There hasn't been a sex reveal yet, right?

19 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Here’s the article:

13 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Not sure. Sounded like a series? There hasn't been a sex reveal yet, right?

Yes, it was mentioned in one of the Bates threads. Its not really a series, They've done one a week for Zach and Whitney, Erin and Chad, Alyssa and John and this week its Tori and Bobby. They've each been recaps all the pregnancies for the each couple. They technically aren't new since its all the same old footage. Erin and Chad didn't reveal their 4th pregnancy during theirs. I think Zach and Whitney's did mention their 3rd pregnancy in theirs. UPtv or BUB has done that before putting together specials and stuff when its really them re-airing old footage like Mother's Day, weddings, having Bates kids commenting on episodes.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Yes, it was mentioned in one of the Bates threads. Its not really a series, They've done one a week for Zach and Whitney, Erin and Chad, Alyssa and John and this week its Tori and Bobby. They've each been recaps all the pregnancies for the each couple. They technically aren't new since its all the same old footage. Erin and Chad didn't reveal their 4th pregnancy during theirs. I think Zach and Whitney's did mention their 3rd pregnancy in theirs. UPtv or BUB has done that before putting together specials and stuff when its really them re-airing old footage like Mother's Day, weddings, having Bates kids commenting on episodes.

It's being done in conjunction with the UP channel's series Expecting that is running in the 9 p.m. hour while BUB is on hiatus. They are compilations of past episodes that focus on the different couples and their pregnancies. They typically do some of these filler things. It is just meant to bring viewers in to watch UP even when there are no new episodes on the air. 

• Upvote 3

So the article was inaccurate since it said there would be a spin off focusing on the current pregnancy and the sex reveal. Not surprised they didn't have their facts straight. They did refer to Erin as Eric ?. Kind of fitting since their first daughter is Michael. If that was a theme then Carlin could have been Carl.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11

8 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

They did refer to Erin as Eric ?. Kind of fitting since their first daughter is Michael. If that was a theme then Carlin could have been Carl.

Tori: Thor

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11

I finally got around to watching the Erin & Chad: Expecting special. At the end the producers asked if #4 was on the way (or something like that). Erin laughed and Chad made a face of genuine disgust. Think they’ll include that in their next  birth episode?

• Haha 9

4 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I finally got around to watching the Erin & Chad: Expecting special. At the end the producers asked if #4 was on the way (or something like that). Erin laughed and Chad made a face of genuine disgust. Think they’ll include that in their next  birth episode?

I think he wants to slow down or stop. I really wonder how happy he is (I think Erin is quite happy).

• Upvote 6

I mean after 4 kids in quick succession ...you obviously know how this is going down. He married someone who came from a family of 19 kids. Unless they discussed some type of NFP or other plan before marriage, I’m not sure Chad or anyone should be surprised/annoyed baby #4 (soon to be #5 6 7) is on the way. 

• Upvote 10

9 hours ago, Hisey said:

I think he wants to slow down or stop. I really wonder how happy he is (I think Erin is quite happy).

Well, if that's the case, then here's a tip, Chad: Use a fucking condom.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 9

I don't think they are going to use any type of birth control (maybe NFP?), no matter how overwhelmed Chad may be by the need to provide for a rapidly expanding family. Erin is the obviously the one in charge in this family. I believe he will only put his foot down when Erin will either have greater health issues with her pregnancies or when she will be overwhelmed by too many children. But I think there's a few more babies coming for them before that happens.

• Upvote 7

12 hours ago, Hisey said:

I think he wants to slow down or stop.

You’re imagining that a man who exclusively has reproductive sex with his wife is upset that they keep having kids?

• Upvote 18

2 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

You’re imagining that a man who exclusively has reproductive sex with his wife is upset that they keep having kids?

Also,he comes from a large family ,too. He's one of 12,and his mother had a tubal ligation after so many,then had it reversed and had more children.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 3

15 hours ago, Hisey said:

Based on what?  Statements like this are dangerously close to fan fiction unless you can source it with something he has actually said.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Based on what?  Statements like this are dangerously close to fan fiction unless you can source it with something he has actually said.

Chad’s face when she talked about wanting a fourth. Poor guy looked horrified! Plus, he seems so tired. I think it must be a huge financial stress to support such a growing (and potentially large family).

I tend to doubt he’ll ever say such a thing out loud, though. It goes against the party line. I doubt we’ll ever see him tell People that “I love my kids, but I think four is enough. We don’t have enough room, and all the noise is stressing me. But Erin keeps talking about more and I don’t know how to say no.”  LOL, Never going to happen!

But the stress on him must be tough, particularly now that he’s flipping houses. You have all those expenses up front and don’t see a pay out till the end. 

8 hours ago, JillyO said:

Well, if that's the case, then here's a tip, Chad: Use a fucking condom.

I think he loves Erin and it must be really hard to suggest something like that in their culture. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Chad’s face when she talked about wanting a fourth. Poor guy looked horrified! Plus, he seems so tired. I think it must be a huge financial stress to support such a growing (and potentially large family).

I tend to doubt he’ll ever say such a thing out loud, though. It goes against the party line. I doubt we’ll ever see him tell People that “I love my kids, but I think four is enough. We don’t have enough room, and all the noise is stressing me. But Erin keeps talking about more and I don’t know how to say no.”  LOL, Never going to happen!

But the stress on him must be tough, particularly now that he’s flipping houses. You have all those expenses up front and don’t see a pay out till the end. 

The stress on all men in this lifestyle has to be tough.  The pressure to provide for an ever increasing family is enormous for anyone.

applying logic and normal human reaction to their approach to family planning doesn’t work as they don’t see things the way most people do.

To your logic someone with those concerns, marrying a woman who is clearly steeped in birthing culture as she has 18 siblings, there should have been a conversation about expectations - kids and resources, etc.  But nothing indicates that happened.

It’s foolish to assume to know how any of these people think about these things since they have a completely foreign POV to most people.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

The stress on all men in this lifestyle has to be tough.  The pressure to provide for an ever increasing family is enormous for anyone.

applying logic and normal human reaction to their approach to family planning doesn’t work as they don’t see things the way most people do.

To your logic someone with those concerns, marrying a woman who is clearly steeped in birthing culture as she has 18 siblings, there should have been a conversation about expectations - kids and resources, etc.  But nothing indicates that happened.

It’s foolish to assume to know how any of these people think about these things since they have a completely foreign POV to most people.

These are excellent points, Buffy, thank you! It’s true, I sure think  Chad is totally over all the baby-making!

Edited by Hisey
  • Move Along 2

9 hours ago, Cora Persephona said:

I don't think they are going to use any type of birth control (maybe NFP?), no matter how overwhelmed Chad may be by the need to provide for a rapidly expanding family. Erin is the obviously the one in charge in this family. I believe he will only put his foot down when Erin will either have greater health issues with her pregnancies or when she will be overwhelmed by too many children. But I think there's a few more babies coming for them before that happens.

Chad has ultimate power on whether or not they get pregnant. If Erin refuses birth control, Chad is at least in control over his own body. He knows how babies are made and still chooses to go along with it. He’s just as responsible for the pregnancies has Erin is. It’s one thing to go along with a pink bedroom to make her happy, but it’s something else entirely to keep going along with expanding their family to the point that he’s overwhelmed or his wife is in danger ((not sure if her pregnancies are still worrisome or not))

• Upvote 26

2 hours ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

Chad has ultimate power on whether or not they get pregnant. If Erin refuses birth control, Chad is at least in control over his own body. He knows how babies are made and still chooses to go along with it. He’s just as responsible for the pregnancies has Erin is. It’s one thing to go along with a pink bedroom to make her happy, but it’s something else entirely to keep going along with expanding their family to the point that he’s overwhelmed or his wife is in danger ((not sure if her pregnancies are still worrisome or not))

We’ve had posters on here before who, I believe, have explained that Erin's condition shouldn't really be a safety concern at this point. She’s seeing a legitimate Doctor who appears to have figured out a treatment plan that works well for her and Erin seems to take the treatment seriously. I would say that having pregnancy after pregnancy could eventually cause issues for her - especially if her body doesn’t have enough time to recover - but that would go for any woman. Pregnancy, birth, and recovery can be very taxing on the human body and it can be a dangerous experience for any woman regardless of how healthy she was prior to conceiving. 

I agree with you though. If Chad truly isn’t happy about more kids then he has only himself to blame. It takes two people* to make a baby. As a fully functional adult he has the ability to use contraception or to abstain from sex completely if he really doesn’t want more kids. Personally I think he’s likely stressed, but I also think he probably believes this is God’s will and that God wouldn’t give them more if they couldn’t handle it.

*When talking about couples like Cherin, who don’t need assistance conceiving. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

We’ve had posters on here before who, I believe, have explained that Erin's condition shouldn't really be a safety concern at this point.

That’s so good to hear! I remember people being concerned when Brooklyn was announced, but not so much with the last two so I figured maybe it was okay by now. I do hope they find a way to stop anymore “accidents” from happening for a few years at least once this baby is born. Her body needs a rest. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

That’s so good to hear! I remember people being concerned when Brooklyn was announced, but not so much with the last two so I figured maybe it was okay by now. I do hope they find a way to stop anymore “accidents” from happening for a few years at least once this baby is born. Her body needs a rest. 

I think a lot of the worry had to do with Carson’s actual delivery as I believe Erin had a placental abruption when he was born. Placental abruptions are pretty much just random chance, can happen to anyone, and had nothing to do with her clotting condition though. Cherin had opted to induce labor with Brooklyn as a result, but I don’t believe they had a chance to follow through on that plan as  Brooklyn was born about four weeks early as Carson was (and Everly too.) She hasn’t appeared to have had placental abruptions with either of her daughters, so hopefully that continues to be the case. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

11 hours ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I completely agree that he has the power to say stop and that he is equally responsible. I just don't think he will do that as long as she is not in danger or willing to stop/have longer gaps, no matter how overwhelmed he personally might feel.

He comes from a large family, married into a large family, and is on track to have his own large family, so as far as we know he completely subscribes to their way of thinking.  I don't think he would push her to have more if she was in obvious danger or if she wanted to stop, but I don't think he will say stop just because he may or may not be over his head. 

I have also seen people discussing before that the shock and disbelief of having pregnancy after pregnancy could come from their belief that God won't give them more than they can handle* and He seems to be doing just that. This just makes me want to send them to some sex ed classes, God is nowhere mentioned as reliable birth control.

*I don't understand how this works in their mind, does that mean that Michael can't handle any children? Have we heard them use this argument regarding infertility? It should work both ways, no?(I'm sure it doesn't)

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, Cora Persephona said:

*I don't understand how this works in their mind, does that mean that Michael can't handle any children? Have we heard them use this argument regarding infertility? It should work both ways, no?(I'm sure it doesn't)

I don’t think they’ve ever said it, but growing up  general conservative southern baptist it was always said “God won’t give you more than you can handle”. That applies to everything, even burdens. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Illmarryyoujana said:

I don’t think they’ve ever said it, but growing up  general conservative southern baptist it was always said “God won’t give you more than you can handle”. That applies to everything, even burdens. 

So by this logic no one has ever had more than they could handle of anything, ever?  ?‍♀️

• Upvote 7

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic